13th April 2018, 02:32
wind is catching these cars kinda squirrely

jgonzalesm6
13th April 2018, 02:57
half way pt

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaoWyGQWkAAHE6s.jpg

FerrariF60
13th April 2018, 03:00
so is the merc showing their cards already?? are we sanbagging?? or is it a typical Free practice and no one knows where everyone stands??

but from previous two races we saw a really strong merc in australia as shown in FP and a dodgy Merc in Bahrain where we topped the time sheets and we were strong all weekend there.....so JUST SAYING.....

Rishu
13th April 2018, 03:02
Cooler conditions favour Mercedes. Looks like our only option to beat them this weekend will be down to strategy

FerrariF60
13th April 2018, 03:03
Cooler conditions favour Mercedes. Looks like our only option to beat them this weekend will be down to strategy

yup have to agree.....because on pure pace, the COOLER condtions the Merc is king around here

paolo lalli
13th April 2018, 03:09
Well then lets have heat waves for the rest of the season.

FerrariF60
13th April 2018, 03:10
Well then lets have heat waves for the rest of the season.

weather is the one thing we CANNOT CONTROL mate......unfortunately

Deephouse
13th April 2018, 03:11
I think we are sandbagging. Last year's pole was a 1:31:6 I think. FP1 means nothing. Max on the other hand.....another mistake :clap

KimiBot
13th April 2018, 03:18
maybe rain in FP2

bondilad
13th April 2018, 03:33
with the new graphics this year how can I know if a driver is on track or in the pits?

JPBD
13th April 2018, 03:36
Merc looks clear favourite (as expected). Close between us and redbull. I think we can have them in quali, but not so sure about the race. Should be an interesting weekend!

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 03:41
Merc looks clear favourite (as expected). Close between us and redbull. I think we can have them in quali, but not so sure about the race. Should be an interesting weekend!

It’s just FP1... Ferrari will be close to mercs.

paolo lalli
13th April 2018, 03:49
I love the under dog in sport the victory is so much sweeter and defeat of the favorite inflicts phyco logical damage that they believe they are beaten and self distruct ferrari can play this game well the pressure is on merc.

JPBD
13th April 2018, 04:03
It’s just FP1... Ferrari will be close to mercs.

I don’t disagree at all...

killer
13th April 2018, 05:03
Would be good to see RAI on long stints in FP2. He seems comfortable with the car light(er) but is challenged when he has a full tank. I reference the past 2 GPs.

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 06:00
Remember that we are also analysing our new floor and what is the difference comparing with the old one. Thank god there is no rain for FP1,FP2, we are getting big amounts of data.

@tgruenerFerrari comparing different rearwing specs in FP1. Vettel (upper pic) with less downforce. #AMuS

https://s9.postimg.cc/k4zz2dvkf/Dao_O9k_VWs_AAZUVI.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 06:04
Any live streaming link plz..!!

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 06:06
Any live streaming link plz..!!

http://www.vipbox.st/motorsports/548086/1/fia-formula-1-2018-:-chinese-f1-gp-practice-2-live-stream-online.html

Here you go buddy.

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 06:07
Many test items for Ferrari for FP2, dont expect a fast lap-time from them.

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 06:35
http://www.vipbox.st/motorsports/548086/1/fia-formula-1-2018-:-chinese-f1-gp-practice-2-live-stream-online.html

Here you go buddy.

Thanks a lot...!!

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 06:35
As said Ferrari are close now..!!

Ferrarichamp
13th April 2018, 06:40
i don't think RBR can win here, will be between Ferrari and mercs again it seems.

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 06:49
Kimi looks on top of this year’s car

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 06:50
Mercs struggling on US tyres at rear end. Car is sliding.

killer
13th April 2018, 06:51
Many test items for Ferrari for FP2, dont expect a fast lap-time from them.

I'd also like to think that they may try wet weather set ups if rain is looming come the weekend.

bkircher
13th April 2018, 06:52
What is that thing just to the left of the tcam that Ferrari have?? Is it a sensor or an additional camera??

Kristof_F40
13th April 2018, 06:53
I'd also like to think that they may try wet weather set ups if rain is looming come the weekend.

The last few years, I don't think there really is something as a wet setup (only slightly), when it rains we don't race most of the time.. It's not like 10 years ago with good wet weather tyres..

killer
13th April 2018, 07:16
The last few years, I don't think there really is something as a wet setup (only slightly), when it rains we don't race most of the time.. It's not like 10 years ago with good wet weather tyres..

Ah. That's interesting to consider. Cheers.

Ferrarichamp
13th April 2018, 07:43
Kimi same time as Ham (give or take a few thousandths). interesting.

mwk360
13th April 2018, 07:43
Seb said he still struggling for setup and balance they tried things but looking for someone to suggest something, No word on new floor either i seen some small stuff they testing with cameras and rear wing stuff but zero photos or news on new floor, anyone know about it? or was it just the usual rumors from it.motorsport that isn't true.

Kristof_F40
13th April 2018, 07:45
I think Merc will still be the team to beat here. If we could outqualy BOT that would be a great thing and bring us in a good position. Still I believe the biggest problem is RBR.
Not that I think they are faster, but they will be in the mix and they've got less to loose (gap to midfield will be huge). MAX is very agressive and with the layout of the track (first corners), a lot could go wrong. Often it seems to go wrong for Ferrari (2017 Seb, 2016 Kimi), Lewis Always seems to get away with it.

mwk360
13th April 2018, 07:46
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DapYs8iXUAAHb2C.jpg

mwk360
13th April 2018, 07:47
I think Merc will still be the team to beat here. If we could outqualy BOT that would be a great thing and bring us in a good position. Still I believe the biggest problem is RBR.
Not that I think they are faster, but they will be in the mix and they've got less to loose (gap to midfield will be huge). MAX is very agressive and with the layout of the track (first corners), a lot could go wrong. Often it seems to go wrong for Ferrari (2017 Seb, 2016 Kimi), Lewis Always seems to get away with it.

100%

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 08:00
Vettel, Kimi both had traffic on their US qualy run. They should been ahead of Mercedes in practice 2. Vettel had again traffic on his race-pace simulation on US tyres. Mercedes and Ferrari were both struggling a little bit with the setup of the car, they were both sliding around the track a lot, of course track is still very green. But Ferrari looked a little bit stable in low-speed corners and Mercedes in high-speed. RBR look to be as well in the mix, but they are losing at least 0,3s per lap in S3, comparing to the Ferrari, Mercedes engine cars. On qualy pace it is looking very close, 4 cars in 0,1s on US, with Bottas, Vettel being very strong on the medium tyres. We are usually finding a lot of lap-time from FP2 to FP3 overnight, I hope it will stay like this tomorrow. No rain expected for FP3 and qualy. We will see also some sunshine of sunday with temperatures reaching as much as 20C.

Sky Sports TW:

Ultrasoft long run average times
Vettel – 1:38.9
Hamilton – 1:39.14
Bottas – 1:39.17
Ricciardo - 1:39.17

Ferrarichamp
13th April 2018, 08:23
all the pressure is on Mercs, 3 races without a win would be unacceptable to them.

Rishu
13th April 2018, 08:25
I’ll be very surprised if RBR gets involved in Ferrari v Mercedes for this race weekend

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 08:26
Seb needs to nail a perfect lap tmrw. Kimi is in top form, which is huge boost for Ferrari & championship.
Of course mercs is the team to beat, but it will be Lewis vs Kimi vs seb tmrw for pole position.
Ferrari need to fine tune the car & find some pace to lock front row in quali. I pray to god it should happen.

paolo lalli
13th April 2018, 08:28
Looking good the car has come along way the mercedes dominance in china is not strait foward any more they really have to work for this one no more free apple strudel.

stefa
So we are good?

mwk360
looking up most sites and twitter, it seems no new floor was brought or used today, maybe they'l have it tomorrow for fp3, doubt it but hopefully? Poor seb compared the setup struggles similar to melbourne again. :pray hoping he gets the car perfected tonight and fp3 for quali and race

Kristof_F40
13th April 2018, 08:33
I’ll be very surprised if RBR gets involved in Ferrari v Mercedes for this race weekend

If you mean they will be slower, than they will still start P5-P6, which means they still can cause A LOT of trouble at the start and first few laps.. Don't forget last year, when RBR was clearly slower

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 08:35
looking up most sites and twitter, it seems no new floor was brought or used today, maybe they'l have it tomorrow for fp3, doubt it but hopefully? Poor seb compared the setup struggles similar to melbourne again. :pray hoping he gets the car perfected tonight and fp3 for quali and race

Struggling with the setup and we are equal on race pace and qualy pace, comparing to the Mercedes today. Not bad. :-)
All cars were struggling with the grip of the circuit today, its a very,very green track. Cars were all sliding around like crazy, and outbraking themselves. The handling of the car did look much better for us than in Australia. We were on the pace from the beginning, which wasnt the case in AUS.

Ferrarichamp
13th April 2018, 08:37
Lol struggling with the setup and we are equal on race pace and qualy pace today. Not bad. :-)

:lol

mwk360
13th April 2018, 08:39
Struggling with the setup and we are equal on race pace and qualy pace, comparing to the Mercedes. Not bad. :-)
All cars were struggling with the grip of the circuit today, its a very,very green track. Cars were all sliding around like crazy, and outbraking themselves. The handling of the car did look much better for us than in Australia. We were on the pace from the beginning, which wasnt the case in AUS.

Vettel is on another level :P, but we'l see the truth tomorrow. last week on friday and fp3 mercs looked like they were 0.5s+ slower than ferrari and in quali was 0.1 slower so im still expecting a merc domination but from today we look close for now :-) so hope we get some work done tonight on the simulator and capitalise on any mistakes

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 08:39
Struggling with the setup and we are equal on race pace and qualy pace, comparing to the Mercedes today. Not bad. :-)

If you need to beat ham on a perfect weekend for him, Kimi or seb needs to do a perfect lap.
Hopefully seb & Kimi find some pace tmrw for that lap.

mwk360
13th April 2018, 08:41
I hope Seb saves a medium set for the race, did he use both 1st in fp1 and 2nd in fp2? i hope not

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 08:44
Did we used a brand new floor today?

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 08:45
Vettel is on another level :P, but we'l see the truth tomorrow. last week on friday and fp3 mercs looked like they were 0.5s+ slower than ferrari and in quali was 0.1 slower so im still expecting a merc domination but from today we look close for now :-) so hope we get some work done tonight on the simulator and capitalise on any mistakes

Agree I hope for the best, it might be a hard battle probably for the pole. But nothing is impossible of course. Forza.

mwk360
13th April 2018, 08:45
Did we used a brand new floor today?

Don't think so

zike
13th April 2018, 08:58
Don't think so
But we still look really strong

Kristof_F40
13th April 2018, 08:59
I hope Seb saves a medium set for the race, did he use both 1st in fp1 and 2nd in fp2? i hope not

I think he did

Kristof_F40
13th April 2018, 09:04
In 2013 we won the race with agressive strategy. Tyre deg was also high that year. Leader did there first stop already after 6-7 laps.. Ferrari probably assuming we will start on US and will have to pit early, going till the end with medium will probably not be a good idea (remember 2013 when VET was cruising to save tyres, in the end he did need to pit and with fresh tyres he had super pace and made up a lot of time)..

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 09:21
I think Ferrari will split strategies for both Kimi & seb. On two variables
1. Quali position
2. Race track position

One of them will do medium stint & other one on Softs.
In quali, merc & Ferrari might choose soft tyres.

PURE PASSION
13th April 2018, 09:27
What was our race pace ???
I've read all 3 scenarios.
Sky saying we where the fastest ,espn saying it was Merc and on forums people say that it was the RBRs ????!!!!!!

jgonzalesm6
13th April 2018, 09:29
Chinese FP2 results: best sector times

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DapvqpzXkAE4CRD.jpg

512 TR
13th April 2018, 09:32
Well, it's looks closer than I thought it would be. I thought we would be where RB is and they exactly where they are. So at least it seems we're some tenths infront of them at the moment. Judging by the stints in FP2, and with Seb saving one new set of mediums, he might go for another one-stopper if the same conditions are on sunday, or he was just trying out that posibility now in testing. Kimi looks likes he's set for a two-stopper, only question is that middle stint if it's going to be on S or another US and then ending on S. Obviously if it rains any time during quali and race everything goes out the window. Looks like the team needs to split the Mercs on sunday with at least one of our guys to keep the lead in the WCC.

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 09:40
Sky saying we where the fastest ,espn saying it was Merc and on forums people say that it was the RBRs ????!!!!!!

None of them had proper race sim. !!! On US vet did 8 laps, avg 1.38.9 mad max 1.39.1 Lewis 1.39.1.

mwk360
13th April 2018, 09:44

Seb's US race sim time is deceiving since he only did 3 laps according to sky so hard to take that into account.

Dani Ric said tyres are making them go more towards using as little of the US as possible and foresees many usesofts in q2

I dont know for sure if seb has any mediums left, i think he has just one soft left too, Hope we get tyre allocation sheet remaining released soon

mwk360
13th April 2018, 09:45
None of them had proper race sim. !!! On US vet did 8 laps, avg 1.38.9 mad max 1.39.1 Lewis 1.39.1.

crofty said 3 laps, im glad its 8 its more representative :-) im looking for any race sim graphs none yet

jgonzalesm6
13th April 2018, 09:46
FP2 Best Sectors: speed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dap0GOUXcAErIBL.jpg

mwk360
13th April 2018, 09:47
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DapzL9-WkAAL0OL.jpg

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 09:47
Chinese FP2 results: best sector times

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DapvqpzXkAE4CRD.jpg

By looking at sector times. Both drivers are on different set-up.
Vet had good middle sector, Kimi had good S1&S3

mwk360
13th April 2018, 10:09
Mercs getting long tyre life, hamilton dipping twice into 1:37s after plenty laps, hope seb can find better balance otherwise ham looks clear fav

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 10:22
Mercs getting long tyre life, hamilton dipping twice into 1:37s after plenty laps, hope seb can find better balance otherwise ham looks clear fav

Ham will not win the race :-D

mwk360
13th April 2018, 10:25
Ham will not win the race :-D

lol i want to believe man!!! its just hard right now :-P

jragona
13th April 2018, 10:39

I am sure you have thought that way for the last two races... Have some faith ;-)

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 10:41
I am sure you have thought that way for the last two races... Have some faith ;-)

:rotfl

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 10:43

28 consecutive points finishes. He’s been lucky at some races, not been taken away.
His luck gonna end soon. :-D

jpalmito
13th April 2018, 11:04

He made a pitstop before.
No need to worry..

KimiBot
13th April 2018, 11:59
FP2 Best Sectors: speed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dap0GOUXcAErIBL.jpg

so mclaren is slow and Grosjean had a difficult day

Deephouse
13th April 2018, 12:07
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/135371/verstappen-right-foot-caused-bahrain-crash

Looks like Max's crash in Q1 in Bahrain was down to driver error. No magical 150 bhp.

ScuderiaBuckeye
13th April 2018, 12:20
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/135371/verstappen-right-foot-caused-bahrain-crash

Looks like Max's crash in Q1 in Bahrain was down to driver error. No magical 150 bhp.

Yeah this was obvious watching his spin from the in car camera replay.

"Foot oscillation" is the new term for "driver error" in F1, I suppose.

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 12:22

He’s tough nut. When it comes off, everyone will say what a brilliant driver. But at the same time when he crashes, it looks stupid thing. He needs to learn a lot, he wants to become star or champion overnight.

KimiBot
13th April 2018, 12:54
so kimi is happy, really happy with the car and seb is not

KimiBot
13th April 2018, 12:59
Ferrari explains error that injured mechanic in Bahrain
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-explains-error-that-injured-mechanic-in-bahrain-1025494/?s=1

Ferrarichamp
13th April 2018, 15:31
so kimi is happy, really happy with the car and seb is not

i think Kimi will win a race this year, maybe several who knows.

mwk360
13th April 2018, 15:45
hehe you guys are right,i love getting proven wrong on raceday if it means ferrari/seb winning XD, :-D

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2018/4/who_s-hot-and-whos-not-after-day-1-in-china-.html
on the sadder news we are waaaaay slower than Mercs and even RB on race pace, but maurizio said they know mercedes and redbull are strong but ferrari will not surrender

If Mercedes’ qualifying record is impressive, their race performance is not too shabby either. Hamilton has taken three wins in the last four years in Shanghai, and looking at our data, there's every chance he or team mate Bottas could hoist the winner's trophy on Sunday.

With the top two only separated by a tenth in terms of long-run pace so far this season, that gap appears to have ballooned to half a second in China, with Mercedes heading Red Bull and not Ferrari.

Of course, the data may not show the full picture, but the early evidence is that the Scuderia are at their weakest so far this season, at a track where they last tasted victory through Fernando Alonso in 2013.

Should either Vettel or Raikkonen make a mistake in qualifying or get caught out if bad weather hits, they may struggle to keep with the frontrunners judging by their race pace relative to others.

The Prancing Horse is around 0.9s/lap adrift of Mercedes, with Force India, McLaren, Toro Rosso and Haas all within 0.4s/lap of that pace.

0.9s slower is awful, i hoped we would've brought some significant upgrades but maybe they failed on the dyno or tunnels. Hopefully getting setup right for tomorrow will atleast get seb to fight the rb's , kimi is very happy with the car but i dunno why he is hardly faster than seb who can't get the car to do what he wants, i feel like there's a better chance of taking the fight to the others with seb.

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 15:54
hehe you guys are right,i love getting proven wrong on raceday if it means ferrari/seb winning XD, :-D

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2018/4/who_s-hot-and-whos-not-after-day-1-in-china-.html
on the sadder news we are waaaaay slower than Mercs and even RB on race pace, but maurizio said they know mercedes and redbull are strong but ferrari will not surrender

0.9s slower is awful, i hoped we would've brought some significant upgrades but maybe they failed on the dyno or tunnels. Hopefully getting setup right for tomorrow will atleast get seb to fight the rb's , kimi is very happy with the car but i dunno why he is hardly faster than seb who can't get the car to do what he wants, i feel like there's a better chance of taking the fight to the others with seb.

That article is total comedy gold, Force India 0,1s slower than Ferari on race pace. What are they drinking? Ferrari again sandbagging a lot.

Take a deep look at this lap-times.

Seb had a lot of traffic on his race-simulation, but when he wasnt in traffic he was very fast on US.

Max (10 laps):
1:38.811
1:38.882
1:39.057
1:39.199
1:39.338
1:39.424
1:39.192
1:38.837
1:39.099
1:39.113
------------------
Avg: 1:39.095

Lewis (8 laps):
1:40.072
1:38.865
1:38.960
1:38.759
1:39.012
1:39.258
1:39.289
1:39.384
------------------
Avg: 1:39.200

Daniel (7 laps):
1:39.268
1:38.826
1:39.210
1:39.128
1:41.276 (traffic)
1:39.293
1:39.217
------------------
Avg: 1:39.460

Seb (6 laps):
1:38.651
1:38.813
1:39.317
1:40.259
1:40.410
1:40.348
------------------
Avg: 1:39.633

Valtteri (7 laps):
1:38.702
1:39.422
1:39.325
1:49.871 (traffic)
1:39.167
1:39.398
1:39.256
------------------
Avg: 1:40.734

Kimi did only 3 laps:
1:38.696
1:38.769
1:39.321

Looks like Kimi,Seb look even the fastest (pure pace at the beginning of the stint as you see on laptimes) on US (Bottas fastest lap time was also nearly identical to the both Ferrari drivers), but Seb had a big drop of time then. Which definitely isnt tyre wear related.Nice pace from Ferrari, but we (Ferrari) still need to find some improvement through the night to have a decent chance for pole. Otherwise I see a Hamilton domination in Q3. Vettel said that the car isnt there where he wants it to be in corners. But with this small issues, Ferrari are still very fast. It will be interesting to see what will happen tomorrow, everything is possible.

Our race pace even on mediums look solid.

https://s9.postimg.cc/9uodbxlv3/Brez_naslova.png (https://postimages.org/)

ss-89
13th April 2018, 15:58

Give it a rest, do you ever properly analyse anything you read or do you simply take it at face value. That supposed analysis puts us just 0.1 seconds per lap ahead of force india...a team we lapped in the last race...maybe take a step back and actually apply a critical eye to what you read especially given you are usually one of the negative posters on race weekends.

nani_s23
13th April 2018, 16:03

No truth in it.

Christopher
13th April 2018, 16:10

I remember last year Ferrari were off the pace on Friday but always close the gap to the Mercs come FP3 and even in Bahrain Ferrari were slower on the long runs in FP2 than Merc and RB. I guess we are just saving the PU especially with Seb as he has already used up 1 CE well we better hope so otherwise it will be a long weekend.

ScuderiaBuckeye
13th April 2018, 16:26
Looks like Kimi,Seb look even the fastest (pure pace at the beginning of the stint as you see on laptimes) on US (Bottas fastest lap time was also nearly identical to the both Ferrari drivers), but Seb had a big drop of time then. Which definitely isnt tyre wear related.Nice pace from Ferrari, but we (Ferrari) still need to find some improvement through the night to have a decent chance for pole. Otherwise I see a Hamilton domination in Q3. Vettel said that the car isnt there where he wants it to be in corners. But with this small issues, Ferrari are still very fast. It will be interesting to see what will happen tomorrow, everything is possible.

This also jives w/ the speed trap figures posted above which have Vettel easily at the top. He can add more wing to find time as the Mercs must be making their time through the turns they are way down in the speed trap.

The way the two machines want to be configured for optimum performance Ferrari has more top end speed now and is faster in a straight line than the Merc and we haven't been able to say that since the new formula came in 2014.

I know Kimi has shown up in qualifying twice now and looks like he's doing that job properly I just wish he was a better "racer" he is clearly the weakest of the top four drivers on race day. Hamilton and Bottas can both push Vettel in a race but last race Kimi spent 15 laps behind Bottas on a softer tire and the gap stayed around 2 secs the entire time. Kimi never once appeared to try and get on and pass Bottas like Seb passed Hamilton earlier in the race, at racing speed.

If Kimi wants to show me he's back he needs to do it in a race otherwise this is 1998/1999 all over again and not 2000-2004.

tifosi1993
13th April 2018, 16:39
Low DF RW was tested for Baku.

https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl/2yZw88KY/s8/f1-chinese-gp-2018-ferrari-sf71h-rear-wing-detail.jpg

Article: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-ecco-l-ala-a-cucchiaio-provata-per-l-azerbaijan-1025589/

Aberracus
13th April 2018, 16:42
I remember last year Ferrari were off the pace on Friday but always close the gap to the Mercs come FP3 and even in Bahrain Ferrari were slower on the long runs in FP2 than Merc and RB. I guess we are just saving the PU especially with Seb as he has already used up 1 CE well we better hope so otherwise it will be a long weekend.

Ferrari, specially VET normally find some thents between fp2 and fp3 normally above everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tifosi1993
13th April 2018, 16:43

Pure nonsense.

Aberracus
13th April 2018, 16:53
Seb's US race sim time is deceiving since he only did 3 laps according to sky so hard to take that into account.

Dani Ric said tyres are making them go more towards using as little of the US as possible and foresees many usesofts in q2

I dont know for sure if seb has any mediums left, i think he has just one soft left too, Hope we get tyre allocation sheet remaining released soon

Man you are a worrisome guy really

tifosi1993
13th April 2018, 16:56
https://www.formule1.nl/app/uploads/2018/04/Friday-China-5.jpg
https://www.formule1.nl/app/uploads/2018/04/China-FP-8.jpg
http://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/download/foto2018/GP_CINA/VENERDI/f1-gp-cina-2018-venerdi-00069.jpg
http://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/download/foto2018/GP_CINA/VENERDI/f1-gp-cina-2018-venerdi-00064.jpg
http://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/download/foto2018/GP_CINA/VENERDI/f1-gp-cina-2018-venerdi-00066.jpg
http://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/download/foto2018/GP_CINA/VENERDI/f1-gp-cina-2018-venerdi-00065.jpg
http://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/download/foto2018/GP_CINA/VENERDI/f1-gp-cina-2018-venerdi-00124.jpg
http://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/download/foto2018/GP_CINA/VENERDI/f1-gp-cina-2018-venerdi-00133.jpg
http://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/download/foto2018/GP_CINA/VENERDI/f1-gp-cina-2018-venerdi-00070.jpg
http://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/download/foto2018/GP_CINA/VENERDI/f1-gp-cina-2018-venerdi-00067.jpg

tifosi1993
13th April 2018, 17:02
http://www.f1-direct.net/2018/img/Chine/180020_cina.jpg
http://www.f1-direct.net/2018/img/Chine/180019_cina.jpg
http://www.f1-direct.net/2018/img/Chine/180017_cina.jpg
http://www.f1-direct.net/2018/img/Chine/180013_cina.jpg
http://www.f1-direct.net/2018/img/Chine/180010_cina.jpg
http://www.f1-direct.net/2018/img/Chine/180021_cina.jpg

chinmay
13th April 2018, 17:03
Verstappen gets a 5 place grid penalty for changing gearbox. Good news as he cannot crash into Ferrari at the start.

mwk360
13th April 2018, 17:05
Verstappen gets a 5 place grid penalty for changing gearbox. Good news as he cannot crash into Ferrari at the start.

But he didn't finish the race last week, free gearbox change if the rules hasn't changed

mwk360
13th April 2018, 17:07
Anyone betting this weekend? what's the best site internationally?

bondilad
13th April 2018, 17:19
Sebs controlling electronics unit is not damaged and can be re-used any time :clap

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/634291/Vettels_power_unit_saved_after_Bahrain_struggles/

jragona
13th April 2018, 17:21
I didn’t see any difference with the defuser, is this a new one?

zike
13th April 2018, 17:49

How in the God's name can we be a second slower after 5 days from last race???????

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 17:50
Wow the Italian page is suprising me again, a briliant analysis from todays FP1,FP2.
Much better than the official f1 page or skysport.

From what can be seen from these figures it seems that the Mercedes, both slightly ahead of the Ferrari . The Ferrari itself as one of the fastest cars on the straights and it's right on the straight that continues to gain ground on Mercedes. In curves, with the exception of 1 and 2, the W09, instead, it is confirmed more rapid compared to SF71H.

The fight for pole position seems to be restricted to Mercedes and Ferrari with Red Bull being the third force. The theme of Milton Keynes will be working mainly thinking about the race where he has a slightly smaller gap than in qualifying since, Renault, it has an extra boost to get some mapping hp more in Q3 crucial moments.

Analyzing the graph at the bottom are not seen big of performance decay of the signals to the exclusion of Vettel tires that has been hindered by traffic and a higher tire degradation than that of rivals. One thing similar to it was also seen in Bahrain, where Vettel began his race in a rather fast but towards the end of his stint Bottas was much faster than him demonstrating that, the Ferrari, stresses too the rear tires. One problem that has also admitted the German Ferrari driver.

Among the drivers with medium tires, however, Vettel managed to distance of about one-tenth Bottas.

http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2018/04/gp-cina-analisi-prove-libere-mercedes.html

So we are having some problems with the US, interesting, in my opinion we are becoming a car that is heating up the tyres quicker as Mercedes. This should be good for remaining races (of course this might effect that our car will have more tyre wear in the race, we dont know yet). I hope that we will go in Q2 on the soft tyres, and then start with them and then just switching one time to mediums.

paolo lalli
13th April 2018, 18:09
A really really really worrisome type of guy life is short brother and a pure journey just chill out and enjoy the ride.

ScuderiaBuckeye
13th April 2018, 18:17
Thanks to EVERYBODY who posts such beautiful pictures to this website, and also to everybody who brings information here as well.

FORZA FERRARI!!!

SilverSpeed
13th April 2018, 18:39
Well since cooler conditions favors the taxi's I'm going out pointless driving my car to widen the gap in the ozon layer and hope this warms up the earth so Ferrari take the WDC ^^ :-D.

Who's with me?

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 18:59
Well since cooler conditions favors the taxi's I'm going out pointless driving my car to widen the gap in the ozon layer and hope this warms up the earth so Ferrari take the WDC ^^ :-D.

Who's with me?

Good one hehe.
On sunday we are expecting a lot of sunshine and air temperatures reaching near 20C. That will mean much warmer track-temperature conditions as well, probably in the low 30s, which "might" be better for us. Looks like we will have a dry qualy and FP3.

https://s9.postimg.cc/t3zoq9ofz/Brez_naslova.png (https://postimages.org/)upload pictures free (https://postimages.org/)

Aberracus
13th April 2018, 19:19
Good one hehe.
On sunday we are expecting a lot of sunshine and air temperatures reaching near 20C. That will mean much warmer track-temperature conditions as well, probably in the low 30s, which "might" be better for us. Looks like we will have a dry qualy and FP3.

https://s9.postimg.cc/t3zoq9ofz/Brez_naslova.png (https://postimages.org/)upload pictures free (https://postimages.org/)

Good news

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 19:23
According to TS and their info from Ferrari, Kimi lost 0,4 seconds on his fastlap because of Ericsson.

DIEK
13th April 2018, 19:28
https://cdn-5.motorsport.com/images/mgl/2wAw4pp6/s8/f1-chinese-gp-2018-kimi-raikkonen-ferrari-sf71h.jpg
https://cdn-5.motorsport.com/images/mgl/0R5qkxV6/s8/f1-chinese-gp-2018-lewis-hamilton-mercedes-amg-f1-w09.jpg
https://cdn-2.motorsport.com/images/mgl/2d534qpY/s8/f1-chinese-gp-2018-daniel-ricciardo-red-bull-racing-rb14-tag-heuer.jpg
https://cdn-7.motorsport.com/images/mgl/YMVvkzV6/s8/f1-chinese-gp-2018-stoffel-vandoorne-mclaren-mcl33-renault.jpg
https://cdn-2.motorsport.com/images/mgl/2j7ogV9Y/s8/f1-chinese-gp-2018-carlos-sainz-jr-renault-sport-f1-team-r-s-18.jpg
https://cdn-5.motorsport.com/images/mgl/YKgqkeXY/s8/f1-chinese-gp-2018-pierre-gasly-toro-rosso-str13-honda.jpg
https://cdn-3.motorsport.com/images/mgl/6xAq4QM0/s8/f1-chinese-gp-2018-sergey-sirotkin-williams-fw41-mercedes.jpg)
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl/YNyqKrb2/s8/f1-chinese-gp-2018-marcus-ericsson-sauber-c37-ferrari.jpg

Aberracus
13th April 2018, 19:40
Tires after FP2

We look good

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180413/fa5e7869ee254bd4460476d1c80250ce.jpeg

Go Ferrari go!
Sent using Tapatalk

jragona
13th April 2018, 19:46
Can anyone notice anything new on the car? I don’t see anything.

gjoko-mkd
13th April 2018, 19:54
https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/status/984825522936000515?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.f1puls.com%2Fforum%2Fvie wtopic.php%3Ft%3D456%26start%3D60

Vettel165
13th April 2018, 20:14
https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/status/984825522936000515?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.f1puls.com%2Fforum%2Fvie wtopic.php%3Ft%3D456%26start%3D60

Interesting they had problems with oversteer, that is of course the logical reason for the more marginal drop of the pace on the US tyres on race simulation. Teams will usually set the car with more understeer for the race, so the drivers can better manage the tyres. Oversteer is good for some specific corners, that you can get time, but in others you will get slower. Will see.
For me oversteer>understeer.

paolo lalli
13th April 2018, 21:06
Kimi for pole position if he hooks it all up and is not impeded by erricson or any other driver he will be position 1 thats my bet he is the kimi of old very fast.

Otakukim
13th April 2018, 21:23
Does anybody know the weather forecast?

Aberracus
13th April 2018, 21:27
Does anybody know the weather forecast?

Post 103 above

mark p
13th April 2018, 21:57
Ferrari have won 3 races out of the last 5. 1st team other than Merc to win 2 races in a row in this Merc designed engine era. Updates? Ferrari won the 1st to races so not in a desperate situation for urgent updates like McLaren. Other top teams have not brought anything much either. Ferrari have the advantage....yes Bottas came close last race BUT could Merc havewon in a role reversal....? No chance, Vettel on a newer version of the same compound blew Hamiltons doors off as he breezed past him. Good chance this weekend to have a damn fine result. Every year theres a story of 2 drivers race in race out trying to occupy the same piece of track at the same time, we have had 2011 Massa and Hamilton, 2016 Bottas and Raikkonen plus Verstappen and Raikkonen on occasion, maybe this year Hamilton will be the same with RICHARD HEAD Verstappen.

jgonzalesm6
14th April 2018, 02:49
FP3 looks to be a wet one.

jgonzalesm6
14th April 2018, 02:52
new gearbox for Max, no penalty incurred.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DateqZ8WAAItQRj.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DatdgMJV4AAeLuc.jpg

jgonzalesm6
14th April 2018, 03:05
Ricci's car is having issues.

ferenc_k
14th April 2018, 03:05
anybody with a stream for FP3?

Deephouse
14th April 2018, 03:09
So can someone explain if we have our upgrades or is this the same car from Bahrain.

jgonzalesm6
14th April 2018, 03:12
So can someone explain if we have our upgrades or is this the same car from Bahrain.

I have'nt seen any upgrades.

jgonzalesm6
14th April 2018, 03:18
Gasly....astroturf is still wet

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DatmJx3X0AAFnyI.jpg

Deephouse
14th April 2018, 03:30
Wow Lewis spun out. He is struggling this session.

FerrariF60
14th April 2018, 03:31

me likey....keep it up Luise

jgonzalesm6
14th April 2018, 03:33

He got in the astroturf....still wet.

jgonzalesm6
14th April 2018, 03:36
Ricci..engine failure

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DatqvidX0AA5XZI.jpg

Deephouse
14th April 2018, 03:37
And the hunt for RBR's race pace continues.....

Deephouse
14th April 2018, 04:06
Looking good so far. All Ferrari powered cars in the top 5 for the speed trap.

JPBD
14th April 2018, 04:08
Good session for us. However, I think merc will arrive for qualifying. I’m expecting a very close quali, with us being just behind. Of course, I would love to be proven wrong!

What an exciting year so far though!

paolo lalli
14th April 2018, 04:13
JPBD please dont think mate it can be dangerous.

Kristof_F40
14th April 2018, 04:14
Very variable conditions, will probably remain so going into Q.
Merc will up there game, still think they are faster. Good to see Ferrari working in different conditions..
Also, again HAM struggling.. Last race he was wining constantly over the radio, Australia "what happened? was that my mistake?", ... he just needs to have everything perfect to shine..

nani_s23
14th April 2018, 04:17
Ferrari looking good for pole position ....!!

nani_s23
14th April 2018, 04:24
Tires after FP2

We look good

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180413/fa5e7869ee254bd4460476d1c80250ce.jpeg

Go Ferrari go!
Sent using Tapatalk

Now after fp3.... mercs & Ferrari on same set of allocation.
Mediums-1, softs-2, US-4

Interesting to see who will go for Softs in q2.

Hornet
14th April 2018, 04:32
Hopefully the qualifying results stay the same as FP3 :-D

nani_s23
14th April 2018, 04:39
Hopefully the qualifying results stay the same as FP3 :-D

Max on 2nd row .... no please.

stefa
14th April 2018, 05:14
Nice

Christopher
14th April 2018, 05:56
Riccardos car is still in bits and has no gearbox attached so unlikely he will make it out for quali

mizf1
14th April 2018, 05:57
Hamilton was struggling in fp3, constantly locking up aNd going off. At 1 point he spun off so I think they done something with bis set up. Hopefully it stays that way

mizf1
14th April 2018, 05:58
RIC don't look like he will make it, they still working on his engine

mizf1
14th April 2018, 05:58
Track temp - 15c
Air - 12c

Vettel165
14th April 2018, 06:00
Nice top speed.

https://s9.postimg.cc/oiqjek8y7/Z8c_ETt_Ah.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

We will see now how much Mercedes is sandbagging.

Kristof_F40
14th April 2018, 06:01
Hamilton was struggling in fp3, constantly locking up aNd going off. At 1 point he spun off so I think they done something with bis set up. Hopefully it stays that way

All he need is 1 lap, I still think he will get pole.. They Always get a lot more time in Q3 and this is a good track for Merc..

Kristof_F40
14th April 2018, 06:06
Merc clearly have their engines turned down a lot, look at S3

paolo lalli
14th April 2018, 06:06
Is it really that good a track for mercedes things have changed 2017 is yesterdays news move on.

ChrisFerrari
14th April 2018, 06:09
Its either Mercs are sandbagging heavily or that we are really quick. I hate sandbagging to be honest, it comes with so much disappointment so lets hope our pace is somewhat real.

Kristof_F40
14th April 2018, 06:12
Its either Mercs are sandbagging heavily or that we are really quick. I hate sandbagging to be honest, it comes with so much disappointment so lets hope our pace is somewhat real.

they loose it al in S3 which has a massive straight; they do the same pace as RBR so clearly engine is turned down

stefa
14th April 2018, 06:14
No rain please

ChrisFerrari
14th April 2018, 06:15
they loose it al in S3 which has a massive straight; they do the same pace as RBR so clearly engine is turned down

That's what I'm afraid of.. I hate them for doing this. What is the reason for that other than shocking others? That's not an honest thing to do in my opinion.

on the footnote: Are you Hungarian by any chance?

tifosi1993
14th April 2018, 06:18
Even if they turned their engine down, they're no match for Ferrari.

Also we will turn up our engine in q3.

jgonzalesm6
14th April 2018, 06:19
Get in there Ricci

jgonzalesm6
14th April 2018, 06:20
Ferrari 1-2 Q1

Kristof_F40
14th April 2018, 06:21
Even if they turned their engine down, they're no match for Ferrari.

Also we will turn up our engine in q3.

I think they will.. They latch S1 and S2 but are a lot off in S3, that can't be true

Kristof_F40
14th April 2018, 06:21
That's what I'm afraid of.. I hate them for doing this. What is the reason for that other than shocking others? That's not an honest thing to do in my opinion.

on the footnote: Are you Hungarian by any chance?

No, Belgian

gump1480
14th April 2018, 06:22
I think they will.. They latch S1 and S2 but are a lot off in S3, that can't be true

and overall they cant be slower than Haas

nani_s23
14th April 2018, 06:23
and overall they cant be slower than Haas

Haas had 2nd run on US

ChrisFerrari
14th April 2018, 06:24
No, Belgian

Ok, I just thought because of your name, but then we share the same first name.

mizf1
Q2 will be interesting, will teams go for US or Soft tyres to start the race on

nani_s23

Mercs will go for softs .. most probably

Kristof_F40
14th April 2018, 06:25
Merc have never showed their true pace in Q1, why would they do now? They have A LOT more pace, question is, how much have we in the bag (and the weather)

Also, race is tomorrow, and race pace will be very close between Ferrari, Merc and RBR

tifosi1993
14th April 2018, 06:26

Q2 is all about making in to Q3 and Ferrari can easily make in to q3 with soft tyres.

nani_s23
14th April 2018, 06:26
As expected both teams are on softs

mizf1
14th April 2018, 06:27
As expected both teams are on softs

Good move by Ferrari to cover them, better race tyre

abbottcostello
14th April 2018, 06:29
Look good in Q1, hope it holds thru Q2 & Q3!!:clap

mizf1
RB on ultrasofts

stefa
:-D

mizf1
14th April 2018, 06:31
Surely mercs can't be sandbagging as they are in danger of not making q3 with those lap times

nani_s23
It’s Ferrari’s pole...!! I’m sure.

mizf1
Mercs doing more laps on these tyres

nani_s23
That pace from Ferrari is really shocking me

abbottcostello
14th April 2018, 06:32
Merc carry more fuel too

Aberracus
OMG we are FAST
Really fast
Dream come true !!!

mizf1
It’s Ferrari’s pole...!! I’m sure.

I don't think the mercs are switching either tyre on. Don't forget it's suppose tombe warmer tomorrow so I wonder if they set up with that in consideration

Christopher
Lewis could be at risk of dropping out Q2 with that time

nani_s23
14th April 2018, 06:33
Vet & Kimi will start on 1L old tyre, bottas & mercs will start on 3L old tyres

nani_s23
14th April 2018, 06:34
I don't think the mercs are switching either tyre on. Don't forget it's suppose tombe warmer tomorrow so I wonder if they set up with that in consideration

Yeah they went for race -set up may be to have more tyre life.

Vettel165
Impressive.
https://s9.postimg.cc/da7rcxaun/30184877_406203466510653_748488577_n.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

mizf1
the good thing about what mercs are doing is they are taking tyre life out, therefore the Ferraris will have 2-3 laps fresher tyres for the first stint of the race

tifosi1993
14th April 2018, 06:35
Ferrari domination.:clap

ChrisFerrari
14th April 2018, 06:37
I still can't get too excited, it just seems unreal to beat mercs by this much. Can't believe it.

mizf1
hamilton using another set of the softs, kimi now on US?

stefa
Ferrari again on track on PURPLE tires!?

nani_s23
Ham out on another set of softs

nani_s23
14th April 2018, 06:38
hamilton using another set of the softs, kimi now on US?

Just feel for q3. They will abandon the lap

stefa
I still can't get too excited, it just seems unreal to beat mercs by this much. Can't believe it.

And than LH set FL...

mizf1
Ferrari both on Ultra softs, might be a sighter for Q3 or bluffing Mercs

Christopher
14th April 2018, 06:39
Merc found the party mode button

abbottcostello
14th April 2018, 06:39
here goes Ham

nani_s23
14th April 2018, 06:40
Merc found the party mode button

Track is improving...!!

Kristof_F40
14th April 2018, 06:41
Party mode on

mizf1
Both ferraris pit

ChrisFerrari
has anyone seen the US sectors of vet and kimi?

mizf1
Bottas second now, the mercs found time on second run

abbottcostello
14th April 2018, 06:42
backed out of the lap

abbottcostello
14th April 2018, 06:43
Anyone know what time was pole last year?

nani_s23

They both done purple sectors

nani_s23

ferenc_k
Kimi was fastest i the first second when I saw it.

Vettel165
14th April 2018, 06:44
I told you Mercedes was sandbagging a lot, we will see how much extra pace our car still has. I expect a close Q3.

ChrisFerrari
They both done purple sectors

Thanks. Well it seems that mercs were sandbagging heavily. At least they showed it in q2 .

abbottcostello
:thumb

nani_s23
I told you Mercedes was sandbagging a lot, we will see how much extra pace our car still has. I expect a close Q3.

I still feel Ferrari has the edge. Also they have 1new set of softs

mizf1
Mclaren even with that tow are slow, Red Bull are slower then I expected and they will start the race on tyres that don't last that many laps

subfire91
14th April 2018, 06:45

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/4/qualifying---hamilton-edges-vettel-for-china-pole.html

mizf1
14th April 2018, 06:46

Ham - 1:31.678

Kristof_F40
14th April 2018, 06:46
Kimi was fastest i the first second when I saw it.

Yes, but on US compared to S on Merc

mizf1
14th April 2018, 06:47
Yes, but on US compared to S on Merc

I don't think the mercs are massively faster on the US then the softs.

Kristof_F40
14th April 2018, 06:48
If you look at that time on S both Mercs did, compared to S1 and S2 of both Ferrari's on US... They have more pace, sandbagging a lot.. Still think HAM for pole, just hope we can get ahead of BOT

Kristof_F40
I don't think the mercs are massively faster on the US then the softs.

Doesn't matter, if they are faster than us..

tifosi1993

Track improved a lot.

Ferrarichamp
14th April 2018, 06:49
it's all about Q3.

mizf1
14th April 2018, 06:49
Doesn't matter, if they are faster than us..

We will find out now

paolo lalli
14th April 2018, 06:52
Last year over 6 tenths at this circuit ferrari have come a long way iam personally happy.

stefa
14th April 2018, 06:53
So far... so good....

IulianFerrari
We are flyyyying .... woooow

tifosi1993
Raikkonen on it.

nani_s23
As I said earlier.... Ferrari has the edge

Christopher
Cracking lap from Raikkonen

abbottcostello
Hang in there boys!!!!

FORZA Ferrari

Aberracus
14th April 2018, 06:54
Go Ferrari go !

mizf1
These Ferraris are fast, people still think Mercs are sandbagging into q3?

Vettel165
WOWWWWWWWWWW FROM KIMI

nani_s23
Vet had poor s2

jgonzalesm6
Kimi lap record......NICE

Rishu
Can’t believe I’m saying this but I hope Kimi gets Pole, he deserves it

DJTaurus
14th April 2018, 06:55
Rai so focused this year. I love it !!!!

nani_s23
Kimi in supreme form as far as qualifying

tifosi1993
As i said before Mercedes are not match for Ferrari. Come on Ferrari, dont screw this up.

Ferrarichamp
14th April 2018, 06:56
go on Bot, beat Ham

ChrisFerrari
Let's go Kimi! He needs this one.

abbottcostello
Can’t believe I’m saying this but I hope Kimi gets Pole, he deserves it

mizf1
Kimi a new man this year. Ferrari need to find more time on their second run as i'm sure Mercs will find some time

stefa
14th April 2018, 06:57
:ferrarifl

From Treviso
14th April 2018, 06:58
Loving it - go Kimi and Seb xxx

mizf1
Need Grosjean to bin it and throw the yellows out when Mercs on their hot lap

P.s - I'm joking

abbottcostello
Holding my breath now!

Ferrarichamp
14th April 2018, 06:59
Need Grosjean to bin it and throw the yellows out when Mercs on their hot lap

P.s - I'm joking

:rotfl

mizf1
Bottas hit 314 on the main straight, i'm sure Kimi hit 319

JChan
POLE!!!!!

mizf1
Both Mercs 2-3ths down in s1 already

stefa
14th April 2018, 07:00
Yeah

jgonzalesm6
Ferrari 1-2 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

stefa
POLE!!!!!
Double

mizf1
Almost half a sec off the mercs, ham pits

abbottcostello
14th April 2018, 07:01
1st Row lockout

Vet - Rai

nani_s23
Wow ..... car is fantastic.

JChan
1-2 FERRARI with PANTY MODE!!!!!

stefa
I don't know if I may say this, but we have destroyed Mercedes today

tifosi1993
:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl

Schumiklub
Wow wow wow!!!

mizf1
Seb pole

nani_s23
I said it yesterday it’s ferraris pole...