PDA

View Full Version : Mick Schumacher, why isn’t he in Formula One yet?

Pages : [1] 2

Seb
2nd September 2018, 21:36
Hey everyone, a serious question here which has been puzzling me.

Now I know Mick is only 19, but think of the drivers we’ve had in the sport already at such a young age? What I’m curious about though, is why not team has snapped him up in an academy? I mean he’s the son of the greatest Formula One driver?! Is there something we don’t see? Is he not THAT good?

Just curious as to what people think about this!

mwk360
2nd September 2018, 21:46
Hey everyone, a serious question here which has been puzzling me.

Now I know Mick is only 19, but think of the drivers we’ve had in the sport already at such a young age? What I’m curious about though, is why not team has snapped him up in an academy? I mean he’s the son of the greatest Formula One driver?! Is there something we don’t see? Is he not THAT good?

Just curious as to what people think about this!

he is currently winning races in another championship, i think he has mercs backing

jgonzalesm6
3rd September 2018, 01:41
Let Mick race at his own pace. Just his last name alone is pressure enough and everyone wants him in F1 like he's going to be the second coming......please. Let him earn his spot on merit alone.

That being said, I'm not expecting any "miracles" from Mick let alone comparing him to his father.

IulianFerrari
3rd September 2018, 09:10
Let Mick race at his own pace. Just his last name alone is pressure enough and everyone wants him in F1 like he's going to be the second coming......please. Let him earn his spot on merit alone.

That being said, I'm not expecting any "miracles" from Mick let alone comparing him to his father.

+1

Nick Singer
3rd September 2018, 12:21

Agree..

Nick Singer
3rd September 2018, 12:22

Agree..

Nick Singer
3rd September 2018, 12:22

Agree

Brembo
5th September 2018, 05:58
Mick is 19, Max is 20. He needs a F1 seat. It doesn't have to be Merc, a few seasons in F1 is what's important.

Ed Harley
5th September 2018, 10:18
Mick Schumacher, why isn’t he in Formula One yet?
He has not won one series he has competed in so maybe he is not F1 material yet?

Brembo
5th September 2018, 10:37
He has not won one series he has competed in so maybe he is not F1 material yet?

I didn't know that. So you are right, he's not ready yet.

Ed Harley
5th September 2018, 10:45
Come to think of it RG has several series wins during his career and his track record in F1 is not that stellar. So perhaps that's not as important as I first thought.

mwk360
8th September 2018, 09:03
Another race win for Mick

IulianFerrari
8th September 2018, 15:51
Another race win for Mick

We should sign him now, that would be a brave move.

Ed Harley
8th September 2018, 16:11
Then there would be two rookies in the team???

mwk360
9th September 2018, 09:27
and another win for Mick, that makes it 5 already?

Schumiklub
9th September 2018, 15:59
And another one. 3 for 3 this weekend...

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

FerrariSteve
9th September 2018, 16:41
We should sign him now, that would be a brave move.

I'd love him to race for Ferrari one day but no, not yet. The pressure would be too great.
Let him get another couple of years of experience of racing at least or perhaps look at putting in the Sauber or Haas in a couple of years to get F1 experience.

killer
9th September 2018, 23:50
It's clear to me Mick is on his own journey; taking it at his pace. I wish him every success in motorsport though I don't see racing in F1 being an automatic assumption for him.

IulianFerrari
10th September 2018, 08:02
Then there would be two rookies in the team???

Yes, but people would be amazed by the size of our balls, wouldn't they?

mwk360
10th September 2018, 08:49
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmuDcNLXsAA4uxb.png

mwk360
10th September 2018, 08:49
these trophies look better than the f1 ones sometimes

Ed Harley
10th September 2018, 10:48
Yes, but people would be amazed by the size of our balls, wouldn't they?
Difficult to say what they would think.

https://i.imgur.com/9JFQPkJ.jpg

Fran
10th September 2018, 11:29
I think he wants to start with flying colors.

I might think he needs sometime to grab F1 momentum.

I'm assuming he needs to build a stance "Like Father Like Son".

WRX202
11th September 2018, 07:38
I think he wants to start with flying colors.

I might think he needs sometime to grab F1 momentum.

I'm assuming he needs to build a stance "Like Father Like Son".

I actually admire his courage to follow his father's footsteps. Not so sure Michael would like his son to take a racing career though. It must be damn hard having a 7 time WC as a father and not being able to get any advice or backing seeing how Michael has ended up. Each victory he gets he just cannot really get the congrats from his dad under the podium or having his presence and support there :-s I just hope he will not end up being used as a cash cow in some team just because of the family legacy he holds.

mwk360
14th September 2018, 15:32
Ferrari: Door "always open" for Mick Schumacher

https://t.co/sbYa3eR51W

:-D

Brembo
15th September 2018, 04:35
Ferrari: Door "always open" for Mick Schumacher

https://t.co/sbYa3eR51W

I have to believe Merc feels the same way. His father retiring F1 with the German team has to be on his mind.

mwk360
22nd September 2018, 11:37
Mick Schumacher wins Race 1 at the Red Bull Ring and takes championship lead

Ferrari need to take him in the FDA asap, one day the legendary Seb will retire and we could have Mick Schumacher and the prodigy Leclerc at ferrari :pray

Schumiklub
22nd September 2018, 16:52
He's on pole for races 2 and 3 as well. He's leading the championship and is on a roll.

mwk360
22nd September 2018, 19:58
He's on pole for races 2 and 3 as well. He's leading the championship and is on a roll.

Brembo
23rd September 2018, 11:16

Merc has to be on the case also. Michael retired from the German team. Mick has choices.

racingbradley
23rd September 2018, 22:19
If Ferrari don't get him into their academy soon Merc will pounce. :roll
I bet he would love to drive for the team where his father had most of his success.

Giallo 550
24th September 2018, 00:54
Mick is doing well in his current Formula. If he wants to join the academy, he will.

aquaria
24th September 2018, 00:55
I doubt we'll see Mick in Ferrari in the near future. He's been sponsored by Mercedes since his early days and I think he would remain loyal to them as for now. I think that Mercedes wouldn't be giving up on him either, especially if he continues with this kind of driving + not to mention how attractive his name in auto-moto world is.

But for sure I hope that, if he's keeps proving that he's the real deal, we'll see him in Maranello somewhere in the future.

Lesky
24th September 2018, 22:11
Micks name has caught up to him now....you got plenty of Schumacher haters already spreading their hate all over the web. Many brits seem particulary hateful....

If Mick is going to make it, he will have to be mentally strong as hell, as the haters will come down on him like a ton of bricks non-stop!

Ticktum questions Schumacher’s F3 surge

Dan Ticktum has said that he finds Mick Schumacher’s sudden surge in F3 “interesting” after he stormed to the top of the standings.

Schumacher narrowed the gap to Ticktum considerably after claiming a hat-trick of victories at the Nurburgring in Round 8 and has now leapfrogged the Red Bull junior driver with a further two wins and a second place at the Red Bull Ring over the weekend.

As a result, the son of legendary seven-time World Champion, Michael Schumacher, has opened up a 49-point lead with just one round remaining at the Hockenheimring.

Ticktum had long been in control of the F3 championship, and took to Instagram after the race to raise doubts over Schumacher’s massive improvement in form.

“Not ideal is the best way I can describe the weekend here in Austria,” Ticktum said on Instagram, before later removing the post.

“I don’t like pointing fingers at anyone but to be honest, this weekend the pace in the car was not there. Set up mainly, as in the last race when we got the car better, we were pretty quick climbing from 7th to 4th.

“However compared to the top 2 no one on this grid had a chance. Even their other team mates who are good drivers were nowhere compared to them.

“Interesting is how I would describe their pace and I am confident many people in the f3 paddock will agree.

“I did the best possible as I always endeavour to do! Thank you to the team as always for their hard work. It’s not over until it’s over and I’ll make sure I arrive at the last round in the best shape I can.”

Ticktum is a firm contender to drive for Toro Rosso next season, but even if he was able to re-take the World Championship in the final race it would still leave him 10 points short of obtaining the necessary superlicense to race in Formula 1.

Latest reports have said Toro Rosso would be willing to wait until winter testing to announce their full 2019 line-up, which would give Ticktum the chance to get to the magic 40 mark by competing in other formats such as the F3 Asian Winter Series in January and February.

Schumacher’s recent rise, though, has put him firmly on Formula 1’s radar, although Toro Rosso themselves say they have had no contact with him.

Ferrari have said the “door is always open” for Schumacher, but team principal Maurizio Arrivabene stated his desire for him not to be rushed into Formula 1 and continue his development with Prema through the junior ranks.

The final round of the F3 season is on October 13-14.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ticktum-questions-schumachers-f3-surge/

mwk360
25th September 2018, 08:08
Micks name has caught up to him now....you got plenty of Schumacher haters already spreading their hate all over the web. Many brits seem particulary hateful....

If Mick is going to make it, he will have to be mentally strong as hell, as the haters will come down on him like a ton of bricks non-stop!

he already comes across fantastic with a great head on his shoulders like leclerc, im very glad, it seems he has the skills and hunger to continue the schumacher name, no doubt all the schumi haters even the ones on here will find anything to attack him but i hope he joins ferrari and does a repeat of what his dad achieved. Mercs have so many drivers, so many end up with no seat since ham and bot wont retire for years, its the only way i can see ferrari snapping him and giving him a seat when kimi finally retires :pray

mwk360
25th September 2018, 08:13
https://www.planetf1.com/news/mick-wont-trade-verbal-blows-with-ticktum/

Mick Schumacher is refusing to trade verbal blows with Dan Ticktum after his European Formula 3 title rival called the German’s recent run of form “interesting.”

Schumacher came from behind to lead the standings in a sudden burst of form.

With five wins on the trot, Red Bull junior driver Ticktum said he was being “robbed” in the fight and added that Schumacher’s run was “interesting.”

Ticktum took to Instagram to say: “I am fighting a losing battle as my last name is not Schumacher.”

Schumacher, the son of seven-time F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher, has refused to engage in a verbal battle with his rival.

He told Speedweek: “I do not listen to something like that. The car is terrific to drive. We’ve evolved as a team, while others may have stopped at one point.

“I wish him good luck that he stays in the title fight. But I focus on myself, that’s my key.

“Everyone evolves during the year. We never stop working and learning. After my win at Spa it was not easy, but we managed to be consistent, especially in qualifying, with good lap times.”

ticktum kinda sounds like a cry baby diva hamilton, glad Mick is way above ticktum's garbage

Schumiklub
13th October 2018, 15:45
Mick has done it. He's the F3 champion! F2 next year, hopefully!

jgonzalesm6
13th October 2018, 15:47
Mick has done it. He's the F3 champion! F2 next year, hopefully!

yep, 2018 F3 Champion. Congrats Mick. Job well done.

Christopher
27th November 2018, 17:57
Mick Schumacher will race in F2 for Prema next year

https://twitter.com/SchumacherMick/status/1067398413107585026?s=19

Schumiklub
30th November 2018, 17:42
Mick P2 in F2 testing...

racingbradley
3rd December 2018, 17:51

:goodpoint I so agree with you. I think he's very strong and has been brought up the right way. He's rather like our Charles (I can that now it feels good)
Hopefully one day I will also say "our Mick"...........hands off Toto. He will race in red. :-D
I like the way Mick wants to make his own way, come up the ranks on merit and not use his family name to his advantage which he could of.
I see a very mature, focused individual who understands his path in life and the pressures along the way. :-)

WRX202
14th January 2019, 12:50
We might see him driving the red cars sooner than we think. According to OmniCorse there's a very possibility Mick will be listed as a test driver for the practice sessions as early as this year!

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/esclusivo-sara-mick-schumacher-il-tester-ferrari-nei-test-in-stagione-con-la-rossa/4323778/

mwk360
15th January 2019, 05:08
We might see him driving the red cars sooner than we think. According to OmniCorse there's a very possibility Mick will be listed as a test driver for the practice sessions as early as this year!

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/esclusivo-sara-mick-schumacher-il-tester-ferrari-nei-test-in-stagione-con-la-rossa/4323778/

this is so freaken awesome!!, i hope he joins!! screw merc lol. the master seb, Leclerc and schumi jnr omg the best of the best. i hope it happens :pray:-D

jgonzalesm6
15th January 2019, 14:35

It's a "publicity stunt" for 2 days only during Barcelona or Bahrain. [Mick Schumacher, son of the GOAT Michael Schumacher, will drive the new "project 670."] Honestly, he really has nothing to offer during testing as opposed to Seb; obviously.

Hope he gets signed on the FDA.

If he drives during testing, the papers and media, especially Italian media, will harken back to yester-year and the "passing of the torch."

Again, hope he proves himself on merit alone and not because he's the son of an F1 GOAT and he's not pressured by the media. I wish all the best for him.

aroutis
16th January 2019, 11:59
It's a "publicity stunt" for 2 days only during Barcelona or Bahrain. [Mick Schumacher, son of the GOAT Michael Schumacher, will drive the new "project 670."] Honestly, he really has nothing to offer during testing as opposed to Seb; obviously.

Hope he gets signed on the FDA.

If he drives during testing, the papers and media, especially Italian media, will harken back to yester-year and the "passing of the torch."

Again, hope he proves himself on merit alone and not because he's the son of an F1 GOAT and he's not pressured by the media. I wish all the best for him.

I am going to disagree. He is already well placed to his new team so hopefully he will continue to evolve. Meanwhile driving a top grade F1 car at one ore more testing events can only help him get experience.

Of course, getting signed to the Ferrari Driving academy is only going to do him good. But we can only hope to see him continue to this path.

Greig
16th January 2019, 18:24
Heard he is signed to the FDA, good news and we will see if he is the real deal :-) LeClerc and Schumacher sounds like a nice line up to me!

aroutis
17th January 2019, 12:34
Heard he is signed to the FDA, good news and we will see if he is the real deal :-) LeClerc and Schumacher sounds like a nice line up to me!

Should he continue the way he goes and I don't see why not, I could not agree more :D

wisepie
17th January 2019, 16:46
It seems that for some people Seb is already in the last chance saloon at Ferrari, but I wonder what the reaction will be if he manages to give us a WDC in 2019? The thought of Mick Schumacher as a future Ferrari driver is certainly cause for excitement, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!! I'm still backing the talent we have in Seb and Charles, but both need to prove themselves and keep cool heads under pressure.;-)

Brembo
18th January 2019, 04:49
The team of Seb and Charles are for sure WDC, WCC capable and so is Ferrari , the team. I just find it hard to believe Merc will not do all they can to have Mick with them in F-1. Bottas is surely a driver that is wanted in the market place.

jgonzalesm6
19th January 2019, 13:40
It's official. He's in.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxR9RXUWwAEGmxG.jpg

Schumiklub
19th January 2019, 13:46
English version.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190119/cebd2faba6f63e0ac02bdffb221897b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwk360
19th January 2019, 14:17
OMG OMG OMG its happening !!! :clap with seb , leclerc, mick and wehrlein our driver lineup is A+++ for the next 15 years atleast might be overestimating but i dont really care hope he can achieve same success as his dad with ferrari eventually in time

mwk360
19th January 2019, 14:19
all this when suddenly my guys are teaming up :-D nice https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxSB_fiXcAE_T3W.jpg

wisepie
19th January 2019, 17:12
A new era has begun, for sure, let's pray that it will reap rewards! At least Merc didn't get him, yet.;-)

Brembo
20th January 2019, 02:59
I can only wonder how Antonio G fits into the Ferrari family? If he has a good year or two with Sauber with Kimi guiding him, and all he already knows. Whatever the combination down the line I hope it puts Ferrari in that WDC, WCC winnings!!

KimiBot
20th January 2019, 06:43
All right, we`ll see.

racingbradley
20th January 2019, 19:35
It appears that Ferrari will be spoilt for choice down the line...……….just think what that will do to driver motivation. ;-) :-D

WRX202
21st January 2019, 07:33
I can only wonder how Antonio G fits into the Ferrari family? If he has a good year or two with Sauber with Kimi guiding him, and all he already knows. Whatever the combination down the line I hope it puts Ferrari in that WDC, WCC winnings!!

Alfa Sauber for Ferrari is the equivalent of Toro Rosso for RedBull. Kimi and Antonio will be testing upgrades, wait and see ;) eventually Kimi will retire and maybe Mick might join the team then we have to see who will replace Vettel of the two.
There are talks of Lewis joining Ferrari in 2020 but god forbid that happens... at least for imo lol!

Ferrari's driver line up is sure sorted for the next few years :)

jgonzalesm6
21st January 2019, 12:29
maybe Mick might join the team then we have to see who will replace Vettel of the two.

Ferrari's driver line up is sure sorted for the next few years :)

Mick could also join HAAS too before jumping into the "big boys seat" with the Scuderia.......it's a maybe.....given he has choices with Alfa-Sauber or HAAS.

Why did they elect to keep GRO is beyond me. just my 2 cents.

jgonzalesm6
21st January 2019, 15:54
Jean Todts son looking to be Micks managing agent......whom get "preferential" treatment with Ferrari. Helps if your dad is an FIA "big wig" and has "history" with Ferrari.

Again, it would only seem right.....Todts and Schumachers???

wisepie
21st January 2019, 17:08
It's exciting to think that Mick will probably gravitate to the mother ship at some point in the not too distant future, but let's give Antonio G and Charles the opportunity to show what they're made of before we skip to the next Schumacher era. These drivers with less baggage deserve their chance too.;-)

mwk360
21st January 2019, 17:13
Jean Todts son looking to be Micks managing agent......whom get "preferential" treatment with Ferrari. Helps if your dad is an FIA "big wig" and has "history" with Ferrari.

Again, it would only seem right.....Todts and Schumachers???

hopefully both leclerc n mick give us some good "luck" with that todt power in the future :pray:-P

ferrari1.8t
23rd January 2019, 01:52
https://fda.ferrari.com/en/fda-2019-season-underway/?fbclid=IwAR2E56WnVEMCqsVSe06jw5HXjWFyyucVtHrppNJJ 0ZprGLu1cp1IFKu88mk

https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h255/tonyferrari/Mick_zpssoymfzoc.jpg (https://s66.photobucket.com/user/tonyferrari/media/Mick_zpssoymfzoc.jpg.html)

The 2019 FDA Class is looking good....I'm excited that Mick has joined Ferrari, but he could have at least taken off his hat for the picture LOL.

Brembo
23rd January 2019, 07:14
[QUOTE=
The 2019 FDA Class is looking good....I'm excited that Mick has joined Ferrari, but he could have at least taken off his hat for the picture LOL.[/QUOTE]

They all made the class, now will they be allowed to eat? Para Denutrito tutti!

racingbradley
23rd January 2019, 08:58
https://fda.ferrari.com/en/fda-2019-season-underway/?fbclid=IwAR2E56WnVEMCqsVSe06jw5HXjWFyyucVtHrppNJJ 0ZprGLu1cp1IFKu88mk

https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h255/tonyferrari/Mick_zpssoymfzoc.jpg (https://s66.photobucket.com/user/tonyferrari/media/Mick_zpssoymfzoc.jpg.html)

The 2019 FDA Class is looking good....I'm excited that Mick has joined Ferrari, but he could have at least taken off his hat for the picture LOL.
Thank you for posting.:-D
Can anyone name them. Must admit I don't recognise many

Riccardog
23rd January 2019, 09:55
Thank you for posting.:-D
Can anyone name them. Must admit I don't recognise many

Giuliano Alesi

Marcus Armstrong

Enzo Fittipaldi

Callum Ilott

Gianluca Petecof

Robert Shwartzman

Mick Schumacher

but don't ask me to point them out...

wisepie
23rd January 2019, 16:56
Giuliano Alesi

Marcus Armstrong

Enzo Fittipaldi

Callum Ilott

Gianluca Petecof

Robert Shwartzman

Mick Schumacher

Isn't the guy in the team shirt Antonio Fuoco?

Brembo
24th January 2019, 05:16
hopefully both leclerc n mick give us some good "luck" with that todt power in the future :pray:-P

Just how much of that "Todt power" helped Massa while with Niclolas Todt as his mgr. @ Ferrari? I believe Todt moved to Merc with Michael and Ferrari became an enemy. Yes , for sure some good "Luck" would really help. FIA against any team is a tough deal to overcome.

Riccardog
24th January 2019, 09:19
Isn't the guy in the team shirt Antonio Fuoco?

yes he is, and the article specifies:
With the Team Principal. Scuderia Ferrari Team Principal, Mattia Binotto, Sporting Director, Laurent Mekies, and Marco Matassa, Head of the FDA Technical Area, welcomed Mick and the other FDA students. Management and drivers then posed for a photo with ‘older brother’ Antonio Fuoco, who is staying in the FDA orbit with a consulting role. Marcus Armstrong was away in New Zealand in the Toyota Racing Series.

cheers!

scudieros
24th January 2019, 10:15
Giuliano Alesi

Marcus Armstrong

Enzo Fittipaldi

Callum Ilott

Gianluca Petecof

Robert Shwartzman

Mick Schumacher

This should help:

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-ci-sara-laurent-mekies-a-capo-dei-magnifici-7-della-fda/4327812/

Sorry it's in Italian, but you can see the faces and the names to look forward to in the coming years.

racingbradley
24th January 2019, 10:59
Giuliano Alesi

Marcus Armstrong

Enzo Fittipaldi

Callum Ilott

Gianluca Petecof

Robert Shwartzman

Mick Schumacher

Thanks a lot for that now its time for me to match son with famous father and uncle. ;-) Some interesting names here and hopefully some exciting future talent. :-D

wisepie
24th January 2019, 17:04
This should help:

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-ci-sara-laurent-mekies-a-capo-dei-magnifici-7-della-fda/4327812/

Sorry it's in Italian, but you can see the faces and the names to look forward to in the coming years.

Much clearer now, grazie!

mwk360
29th January 2019, 18:01
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyGSQhwW0AMLjQJ.jpg

:-)

ferenc_k
30th January 2019, 18:14
fantastic foto ... I feel for it.

jgonzalesm6
31st January 2019, 22:30
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyGSQhwW0AMLjQJ.jpg

:-)

fantastic foto ... I feel for it.

here's more

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyRqJgXX4AI3LkW.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyRqJggXgAE5PQN.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyRqJgXWsAEs9c5.jpg

racingbradley
10th February 2019, 19:05
You have to feel for Mick. I'm sure he would love to have his father by his side. Still i'm sure he will find his own path.:-)

mwk360
22nd February 2019, 18:12
lol

https://twitter.com/UpdatesFerrari/status/1099021013323415552

mwk360
1st March 2019, 15:06
while we have crazy reliability issues , heres some good news :clap

Schumacher quickest as Jerez F2 test ends

jgonzalesm6
24th March 2019, 15:03
BREAKING NEWS

Mick Schumacher will make his F1 debut. The 2018 F3 Champion will test with Alfa-Romeo AFTER the Bahrain GP in the young driver test on April 10th & 11th.

Schumyboy83
25th March 2019, 15:31
BREAKING NEWS

Mick Schumacher will make his F1 debut. The 2018 F3 Champion will test with Alfa-Romeo AFTER the Bahrain GP in the young driver test on April 10th & 11th.

He is in the Ferrari on the Tuesday, Then Alfa on Wednesday

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/142315/schumacher-to-make-f1-test-debut-with-ferrari

mwk360
27th March 2019, 16:54
Im sooooooooooo happy for Mick! we finally got the best drivers all in our house :clap, Awesome! groom him up and take as much time as he needs to deliver for us eventually

mwk360
30th March 2019, 10:09
mick starting from p10 today in f2

Lega Verde
1st April 2019, 15:15
A pretty solid effort for the first weekend in F2. Charles LeClerc he isn't though. LeClerc was on pole and ranked 3rd on his first race. He won the sprint race and got the fastest lap. It was 36 six points for him. Mick scored 8 points for his 8th and 6th place.

Schumiklub
2nd April 2019, 09:42
As reluctant as I am to admit it, I doubt Mick has his father’s talent or even in the same ballpark, but I’m sure his name will push him into F1. I just hope he doesn’t completely ruin the legacy.

Brembo
4th April 2019, 04:13
Im sooooooooooo happy for Mick! we finally got the best drivers all in our house :clap, Awesome! groom him up and take as much time as he needs to deliver for us eventually

What ever became of Antonio G. ? He's a F-1 driver for Alfa alongside Kimi.

jgonzalesm6
5th July 2020, 10:51
So in 2020 as it stands:

Mick is trailing Schwartzman, his team-mate AND after 2 races, in the points....23 points vs 2 points.

Bad day at the office???

Kyss4k
5th July 2020, 10:58
So in 2020 as it stands:

Mick is trailing Schwartzman, his team-mate AND after 2 races, in the points....23 points vs 2 points.

Bad day at the office???

I've watched the feature race and Schumacher was faster than Schwartzman for the whole race. Near the end he was running 2nd wich a chance to even win, but then he made a stupid mistake and threw it all away to the gravel. So bad day at the office fits quite well.

Lega Verde
5th July 2020, 23:50
I've watched the feature race and Schumacher was faster than Schwartzman for the whole race. Near the end he was running 2nd wich a chance to even win, but then he made a stupid mistake and threw it all away to the gravel. So bad day at the office fits quite well.

To be fair it was Schwartzman's first race in F2. Very impressive weekend for him.

jgonzalesm6
6th July 2020, 13:54
To be fair it was Schwartzman's first race in F2. Very impressive weekend for him.

Yes he is....impressive for a rookie in F2.

Fortunately, or unfortunately...depends on how you look at it, Mick has a seat with Alfa-Romeo in 2021 regardless of his merit or talent in F2. It would seem his last name has more of an effect than his driving.

We'll see how he does in F1.

Brembo
7th July 2020, 02:44
Todt is punishing Ferrari for not bringing Mick up.

jgonzalesm6
10th July 2020, 15:50
Schumacher goes 19th fastest while Shwartzman goes 6th. StyrianGP 2020 FP2 race 2.

tifosi1993
11th July 2020, 04:49
This title is more appropriate: "Why should Mick Schumacher ever be in F1"

Shwartzman already matched at his very first F2 race. And now pretty much out-performing Mick in his 2nd F2 race.

aroutis
11th July 2020, 08:27
This title is more appropriate: "Why should Mick Schumacher ever be in F1"

Shwartzman already matched at his very first F2 race. And now pretty much out-performing Mick in his 2nd F2 race.

He needs to step up should he want to be in F1.

tifosi1993
11th July 2020, 09:08

He must step up, but the question is, can he? To step up, Mick needs to have wide performance window, but unfortunately, I don't think he got what it takes. To dug deep and find those missing tenths to uplift his performance, don't think Mick is capable enough to do it. To me, Mick has already reached his maximum performance curve.

jgonzalesm6
11th July 2020, 09:18

He must step up, but the question is, can he? To step up, Mick needs to have wide performance window, but unfortunately, I don't think he got what it takes. To dug deep and find those missing tenths to uplift his performance, don't think Mick is capable enough to do it. To me, Mick has already reached his maximum performance curve.

He's already got an F1 seat........with Alfo Romeo in 2021.

Oh well. Let's see if he can shine in F1.

He ain't no Leclerc in F2 that's for sure and Schwartzman, a rookie, is making Schumacher look rather bad.

tifosi1993
11th July 2020, 17:32
Robert Shwartzman Wins his first F2 race, What a talent. :clap

SilverSpeed
11th July 2020, 17:32
Shwartzman wins!

Schumi P4.

jgonzalesm6
11th July 2020, 17:51
Robert Shwartzman Wins his first F2 race, What a talent. :clap

Shwartzman wins!

Schumi P4.

Congrats Schwartzman. Not bad for a rookie.

BOOM!!!

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1282007154648584195

patrese86
12th July 2020, 08:51
He needs to be given time and space to grow. There are no certainties in life just because of your surname. That's a lot of weight on anyone's shoulders.

Good luck Mick.

Lesky
12th July 2020, 09:43
Schumacher was 3rd in the sprint race, chasing Ticktum for place 2. And then his fire extinguisher went off in the car, so he had to retire, good lord, what a terrible weekend this is set to be.

jgonzalesm6
12th July 2020, 10:38
Schumacher was 3rd in the sprint race, chasing Ticktum for place 2. And then his fire extinguisher went off in the car, so he had to retire, good lord, what a terrible weekend this is set to be.

https://twitter.com/MrAlexF1/status/1282246661775990785

jgonzalesm6
12th July 2020, 14:47
So after the races in Austria:

Schwartzman(rookie) has 48pts vs Mick's 14pts.

Redfive
12th July 2020, 19:19
I don't want to give the wrong impression here. I was a huge and I mean HUGE Schumi fan, from his first laps in the Jordan in 1991 until the day he retired(again) and I would dearly love to see Mick in F1 (especially if he whipped Hammy) but, I have to say I've really not seen anything that impressive from him. I have not seen all his races (only 6-7) but as of now, I'm not impressed and I think he would be out of his depth in F1.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and have some amazing races, I do wish him the best.

Lesky
17th July 2020, 15:39
Schumacher had pole position in the wet, but decided to go in and change tires, while the other top rivals stayed out on track, when Mick returned to track and were ready to set new time the session was red flagged because a car stopped on track. The session will not be re-started. Mick will start from 5th. The decision to into to get new tires first ended up in disaster.

jgonzalesm6
18th July 2020, 16:10
Hungary 2020

Mick gets overtaken by Schwartman. Schwartman for the win. Look how many seconds behind Schumacher is behind Schwartzman at the end of the race.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdOEzD5XgAExvZf?format=png&name=small

SilverSpeed
18th July 2020, 16:16
SCHW is on fire!

nani_s23
18th July 2020, 16:35
Hungary 2020

Mick gets overtaken by Schwartman. Schwartman for the win. Look how many seconds behind Schumacher is behind Schwartzman at the end of the race.

He’s the future star....!!

jgonzalesm6
19th July 2020, 11:03
Hungary 2020 Race 2

Mick gets P3. Schwartzman P4

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdR9y6tXgAYlIPK?format=png&name=small

killer
19th July 2020, 11:35
Too bad for Callum. Robert is mega. Good for Mick to build up momentum and confidence. Very nice drive from Luca.

Mick looks a smart guy and he knows by now for sure that drivers like his father come along once a generation. He has hopefully come to peace with this and looks to carve out a niche in his own way, at his own pace. Too early an entry into F1 will not be good for him.

Lesky
23rd July 2020, 07:40
Hungary 2020

Did you even watch the race? How about giving some context to the overtake? Schwartman had fresh new soft tires on, while Schumacher was on 30 laps old mediums that were shot. One of the worst drivers on the grid finished 2nd because he had the same strategy as Schwartman. They were both gaining like 3-4 seconds per lap on everybody else. Schumacher was the highest finishing driver who had the wrong strategy. All of the tops drivers had the wrong strategy, except Schwartman because he failed in Qualifying and started from P11 and therefore got the alternate strategy, which ended up a lottery ticket for him. Definitely a good prospect, but Mick has performed equally well except that spin after the safety car the first weekend.

jgonzalesm6
23rd July 2020, 08:32
Did you even watch the race? How about giving some context to the overtake? Schwartman had fresh new soft tires on, while Schumacher was on 30 laps old mediums that were shot. One of the worst drivers on the grid finished 2nd because he had the same strategy as Schwartman. They were both gaining like 3-4 seconds per lap on everybody else. Schumacher was the highest finishing driver who had the wrong strategy. All of the tops drivers had the wrong strategy, except Schwartman because he failed in Qualifying and started from P11 and therefore got the alternate strategy, which ended up a lottery ticket for him. Definitely a good prospect, but Mick has performed equally well except that spin after the safety car the first weekend.

Yes, wrong strat call for Mick....it was unfortunate. Good strat call for Schwartzman....fortunate. Nevertheless, the Russian and a rookie I might add, has alot more race-craft than Mick.

tifosi1993
23rd July 2020, 08:43

What's up with all these excuses? And Mick is performed equally well? LMAO.

Robert in his current debut F2 season has already racked up 2 wins and leading the points table. Mick, who's not a rookie, is yet to win a race and 42 points behind Robert. And Robert already demonstrated his race craft, unlike Mick, who seems to go offtrack every time when he's under pressure.

I will see you after this years F2, when Robert clinches the championship in his rookie year and Mick is not even in the top 3. But as always, there will be excuses. And some laughable posts regarding Mick's undeserved promotion to F1, even when the likes of Callum and Armstrong are looking more promising and talented than Mick.

Lesky
23rd July 2020, 09:49
What's up with all these excuses? And Mick is performed equally well? LMAO.

Robert in his current debut F2 season has already racked up 2 wins and leading the points table. Mick, who's not a rookie, is yet to win a race and 42 points behind Robert. And Robert already demonstrated his race craft, unlike Mick, who seems to go offtrack every time when he's under pressure.

I will see you after this years F2, when Robert clinches the championship in his rookie year and Mick is not even in the top 3. But as always, there will be excuses. And some laughable posts regarding Mick's undeserved promotion to F1, even when the likes of Callum and Armstrong are looking more promising and talented than Mick.

Nothing wrong with Micks speed this year, he binned a 2nd place in the first race after a late safety car getting greedy for the win instead of securing points. And then his fire extinguisher went off which cost him another podium. He would be equal with Shwartzman otherwise, or probably ahead. I think that mistake he made in the first race was really clumsy. Otherwise his race pace has been good. Still Shwartzman looks mighty impressive, its going to take a massive effort for Mick to climb out of the hole he is in, we will see if he will crumble under the pressure or not, he needs to get results even if Shwartzman beats him.

You might be right, but for now its too early to tell. Maybe we should wait more 3 races into the season to conclude that? I did only explain Shwartzmans overtake on Schumacher as it was left out in the post above, I have never said Schumacher deserves to be promoted over anyone ever, so you can save that for someone else.

Will there be F2 races for every venue that add an F1 race btw? F2 is providing much more entertainment than F1 at the moment.

jgonzalesm6
23rd July 2020, 11:32
Will there be F2 races for every venue that add an F1 race btw? F2 is providing much more entertainment than F1 at the moment.

yes

[bolded area] That's the way it was when Leclerc was racing in F2. He was on another level. So far, Schwartzman reminds of Leclerc in F2.

tifosi1993
23rd July 2020, 12:34
Nothing wrong with Micks speed this year, he binned a 2nd place in the first race after a late safety car getting greedy for the win instead of securing points. And then his fire extinguisher went off which cost him another podium. He would be equal with Shwartzman otherwise, or probably ahead. I think that mistake he made in the first race was really clumsy. Otherwise his race pace has been good. Still Shwartzman looks mighty impressive, its going to take a massive effort for Mick to climb out of the hole he is in, we will see if he will crumble under the pressure or not, he needs to get results even if Shwartzman beats him.

You might be right, but for now its too early to tell. Maybe we should wait more 3 races into the season to conclude that? I did only explain Shwartzmans overtake on Schumacher as it was left out in the post above, I have never said Schumacher deserves to be promoted over anyone ever, so you can save that for someone else.

The point is, Robert Schwartzman is a special talent, Mick isn't. Last year, Schwartzman won the F3 which was his debut season, and his current rookie year in F2, he has already won 2 races and now leading the championship. Don't you think this are highly impressive credentials?

Last year Mick was average, although he has improved his speed this year, but that's to be expected since he's no longer a rookie. But right know, Schwartzman has pretty much outshined and outclassed him. And as @jgonzalesm6 has already said, Robert Schwartzman is looking more and more like Leclerc.

tifosi1993
23rd July 2020, 12:53
yes

[bolded area] That's the way it was when Leclerc was racing in F2. He was on another level. So far, Schwartzman reminds of Leclerc in F2.

Indeed.

And speaking of Hungary and about the so called superior alternate strategy, sure it proved to be the defining one and Robert clearly benefited from it. But the thing is, Robert had the same pace with old tyres vs Mick with new ones. And even without the safety car, Robert would've still won the race. That alternate strategy simply widened the gap, but even then winning a F2 race with 16 seconds margin is mighty impressive.

jgonzalesm6
24th July 2020, 08:09
Ferrari needs to see more from Schumacher before F1 seat is considered

Ferrari has praised Mick Schumacher's Formula 2 progress this year, but says it needs to see more from him before it can consider moving him up to Formula 1.

Schumacher, who is part of Ferrari's young driver programme, is currently fourth overall in the F2 standings on the back of a double podium haul in Hungary last weekend.

F1's superlience requirements mean that Schumacher needs to finish sixth overall to qualify for an F1 seat for 2021, with Ferrari having the possibility to slot him in at Alfa Romeo if they think he is ready.

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto says the step up that Schumacher has made since last year, when he finished 12th overall, is clear, but is aware that the young German will need to keep producing results if he is to be in contention for an F1 contract.

"I think that Mick is certainly doing well, and he is doing a lot better than last year," said Binotto, when asked by Autosport about Ferrari's plans for Schumacher.

"It was important for him in his second year of F2 and he is showing progress.

"I think that he is showing progress as well since the start of the season.

"He had some bad luck situations but if you look at his results in Hungary, he did well. So Mick is progressing which is important.

"Next year I think it is really too early to decide. We are really clear and fair with him: his overall performance in the championship will be important.

"So he will be in an F1 seat at the time that we believe he has done sufficient progress overall. Also he needs simply to continue as he is doing now, and we will decide later on in the season."

Schumacher says his focus this year is on improving to become the best driver he can.

Reflecting on the steps forward he has made and what he hopes to get out of 2020, he said: "I want to be among the top drivers: fighting for good positions.

"My main target is to improve myself as a racing driver to become the complete racing driver I am chasing.

"I want to improve on the human side, to become let's say more grown up, to become more mature and to bond with the team in a way which no other driver can."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/150800/ferrari-schumacher-must-show-more-for-f1-step

jgonzalesm6
31st July 2020, 21:44
Silverstone 2020 qualifying

Schwartzman P18. Mick P3. Drugovich (rookie) P1

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1289255092764409859

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1289239189909909505/photo/1

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1289239189909909505/photo/1

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1289250220182663168/photo/1

Lega Verde
2nd August 2020, 07:12
Bad feature race for both Prema boys. Mick was first after the first corner, ninth on finnish. Schwartzman also got a good a start but couldn't do anything after that. Best Ferrari academy driver was Callut Ilott, fifth, who started from the pits.

ntukza
31st August 2020, 12:40
3rd (feature) and 2nd (sprint) for Mick in Spa. I don't follow F2 closely enough to understand the factors at play. How's he looking for F1 at the moment?

nani_s23
31st August 2020, 12:52
3rd (feature) and 2nd (sprint) for Mick in Spa. I don't follow F2 closely enough to understand the factors at play. How's he looking for F1 at the moment?

He will get Alfa seat shortly after Kimi departure. I also see Robert Schwartzman will get a seat too probably not next year, but in 2022.

ntukza
31st August 2020, 13:37
Deservingly, in your opinion?

MSC Fan
31st August 2020, 13:37
He will get Alfa seat shortly after Kimi departure. I also see Robert Schwartzman will get a seat too probably not next year, but in 2022.

I think he will more likely go to Haas. They desperately need the money Mick's lastname brings to the team. Robert/Callum will likely replace Antonio in the Alfa Romeo. I wonder if it would be a good idea to have Antonio on board with the rumoured Indycar project. Can you imagine a scenario in 2022 or somewhere around the same time when Charles would be the WC for us at F1 and Antonio at Indy?

jgonzalesm6
31st August 2020, 13:42
Post Spa 2020 results

Schwartzman wins (Spa 2020)

Current F2 standings

Shwartzman 132,
llott 122,
Tsunoda 111,
Schumacher 106,
Mazepin 101,
Zhou 92,
Lundgaard 89,
Deletraz 81.

Five rounds left.

Lesky
31st August 2020, 15:04
Post Spa 2020 results

Schwartzman wins (Spa 2020)

Current F2 standings

Shwartzman 132,
llott 122,
Tsunoda 111,
Schumacher 106,
Mazepin 101,
Zhou 92,
Lundgaard 89,
Deletraz 81.

Five rounds left.

The standings are even closer without pole position points and fastest lap points (4 points for pole position, 2 points for fastest lap)

Illot has picked up 12 points for pole position for example compared to 0 for Shwartszman and Schumacher, Prema has not had a car to take pole in Q.

Shwartzman 128
llott 108
Schumacher 104
Tsunoda 103
Mazepin 99
Zhou 82
Lundgaard 83
Deletraz 81

Silent Bob
31st August 2020, 18:30
Why not give Schwarztman a shot next year? Might do to Alfa or Haas what LeClerc has done for Ferrari.

Silent Bob
31st August 2020, 18:33
Grosjean, Magnesson, Kimi out.... Schwartzman, Mick and Hulk in

jgonzalesm6
31st August 2020, 18:46
The standings are even closer without pole position points and fastest lap points (4 points for pole position, 2 points for fastest lap)

Illot has picked up 12 points for pole position for example compared to 0 for Shwartszman and Schumacher, Prema has not had a car to take pole in Q.

Shwartzman 128
llott 108
Schumacher 104
Tsunoda 103
Mazepin 99
Zhou 82
Lundgaard 83
Deletraz 81

Points is what counts.

Why not give Schwarztman a shot next year? Might do to Alfa or Haas what LeClerc has done for Ferrari.

True and agreed....but at times either your last name gets you in F1 (former F1 father) or money. Both "trump" over talent and race-craft which has been the case.

Lesky
31st August 2020, 18:56
Points is what counts.

Disagreed. Pole position points is a joke. Only boosts the teams that have the quickest car on 1 lap pace, and they are already rewarded with the grid position, no need for double rewards.

Imagine Hamilton getting 4 points for every pole, lol. He would win the WDC with his pole position points alone.

jgonzalesm6
31st August 2020, 19:37
Disagreed. Pole position points is a joke. Only boosts the teams that have the quickest car on 1 lap pace, and they are already rewarded with the grid position, no need for double rewards.

Imagine Hamilton getting 4 points for every pole, lol. He would win the WDC with his pole position points alone.

So TOTAL points don't count then according your analogy. I see.

The pole position points and fastest lap points have been there for awhile in F2. It is what it is.

WS6TransAm01
1st September 2020, 13:06
Kimi finished in front of the works Ferrari. Oldest guy in the sport, in a small team, beat the most successful team in F1. :lol

I don't see a reason Alfa should let him go unless he wants to leave.

Saw some tabloid type crap the other day about Gro out at Haas and Hulk in. https://www.planetf1.com/news/nico-hulkenberg-haas-2021/

Silent Bob
1st September 2020, 14:56
I'd like to see these young guys in. Kimi has had a good run. Make way and give some young guns a shot, these guys are hungry.

Greig
1st September 2020, 17:54
Kimi finished in front of the works Ferrari. Oldest guy in the sport, in a small team, beat the most successful team in F1. :lol

Amazing point, kind of like a Jordan beating Ferrari or a Arrows.....who would believe it....give it a rest with your anti-Ferrari posts.

WS6TransAm01
3rd September 2020, 17:06
Amazing point, kind of like a Jordan beating Ferrari or a Arrows.....who would believe it....give it a rest with your anti-Ferrari posts.

LULZ. Not an anti-Ferrari post, slappy. It's a pro-Kimi post.

I love living rent free in your head. LOL

Greig
3rd September 2020, 17:54
LULZ. Not an anti-Ferrari post, slappy. It's a pro-Kimi post.

I love living rent free in your head. LOL

Ah change tact when you realise how stupid your point was...

Brembo
4th September 2020, 03:18
I'd like to see these young guys in. Kimi has had a good run. Make way and give some young guns a shot, these guys are hungry.

Great post! I couldn't agree more. Your " Compagnolo " Stroll is well up in the mix! No trolling intended!:rotfl We neeeed a podium!

killer
4th September 2020, 08:27

Maybe Ilott gets the nod first before Mick. Mick doesn't have the out and out pace so he will need to be fully equipped and experienced if he ever gets called up. His most recent results show he learns quickly so staying another year in F2 might see even more improvement and will be best for him.

Silent Bob
4th September 2020, 16:44
Maybe Ilott gets the nod first before Mick. Mick doesn't have the out and out pace so he will need to be fully equipped and experienced if he ever gets called up. His most recent results show he learns quickly so staying another year in F2 might see even more improvement and will be best for him.

I think it's his maturity and the way he's adapted himself this year that makes him a good candidate for the move to F1. Of course this might also mean he lacks outright speed but he seems to have pretty decent speed and has some overtaking skills.

Silent Bob
4th September 2020, 16:48
Great post! I couldn't agree more. Your " Compagnolo " Stroll is well up in the mix! No trolling intended!:rotfl We neeeed a podium!

I wouldn't mind at all if Stroll or Latifi became top drivers. Both still have a lot to prove though. Stroll has gotten better but still don't see him in the Max, Leclerc, Norris level.
Would be nice to have a couple of Canucks at the top of the grid. Gilles was the last great, Jaques less so.

killer
4th September 2020, 22:56
I think it's his maturity and the way he's adapted himself this year that makes him a good candidate for the move to F1. Of course this might also mean he lacks outright speed but he seems to have pretty decent speed and has some overtaking skills.

He does seem to be level-headed. Overall, he's Michael's boy so I have a soft spot for him and I wouldn't want to see him come into F1 unprepared and then have that experience negatively affect his racing career on the whole.

458 Italia
5th September 2020, 15:28
Watching the F2 race I didn't realise they had the ridiculous DRS and mandatory pit stop in the junior series as well :roll

killer
5th September 2020, 15:40
Very well driven by Mick. Lightning start, everything under control. Well done.

458 Italia
5th September 2020, 15:41
Yes well driven by Mick, a fortunate way to take the lead of the race but he did the job and brought the car home first. :-)

The older he gets the more like his dad he sounds! :-s

nani_s23
5th September 2020, 15:48
Watching the F2 race I didn't realise they had the ridiculous DRS and mandatory pit stop in the junior series as well :roll

This F2 series is far better than F1, but even they spoiled it.

Schumiklub
5th September 2020, 15:54
At least something to be happy about! Go Mick!

killer
5th September 2020, 15:56
Yes well driven by Mick, a fortunate way to take the lead of the race but he did the job and brought the car home first. :-)

The older he gets the more like his dad he sounds! :-s

That’s 17 years since a Schumacher won at Monza. �� Very happy for Mick. I REALLY hope Michael saw that.

MSC Fan
5th September 2020, 15:57
What's the F2 standings now? I think he would be within single digits to Shwartzman now. This year's F2 is much much better than F1. Liberty would be better off marketing that to the TV audience while broadcasting the F1 ones on YouTube.

458 Italia
5th September 2020, 16:01
That’s 17 years since a Schumacher won at Monza. �� Very happy for Mick. I REALLY hope Michael saw that.

Didn't see the start, that's impressive!

In his interview he said hello to home so maybe a nod to his dad watching.

Schumiklub
5th September 2020, 16:01
That’s 17 years since a Schumacher won at Monza. í*½í¹‚ Very happy for Mick. I REALLY hope Michael saw that.

14 years :) Michael won in 2006.

458 Italia
5th September 2020, 16:02
What's the F2 standings now? I think he would be within single digits to Shwartzman now. This year's F2 is much much better than F1. Liberty would be better off marketing that to the TV audience while broadcasting the F1 ones on YouTube.

Top 3 separated by 3 or 4 points, or something.

Lesky
5th September 2020, 16:03
Standings:

Shwartzman 134
llott 134
Schumacher 131
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 104
Zhou 102
Mazepin 101
Deletraz 85

Schumiklub
5th September 2020, 16:04
Standings:

Shwartzman 136
llott 134
Schumacher 131
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 104
Zhou 102
Mazepin 101,
Deletraz 85.

Hopefully a repeat of the F3 season with his late charge to take the title!

458 Italia
5th September 2020, 16:07

Remember it well! The race where at the end LdM handed him and the press a bit of paper telling him he's not wanted for next year (sacked).

Lesky
5th September 2020, 16:07
Correction, I had Shwartzmans points wrong:

Standings:

Shwartzman 134
llott 134
Schumacher 131
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 104
Zhou 102
Mazepin 101
Deletraz 85

killer
5th September 2020, 16:08
Didn't see the start, that's impressive!

In his interview he said hello to home so maybe a nod to his dad watching.

:thumb

killer
5th September 2020, 16:10

Right! 🙂

Schumiklub
5th September 2020, 16:11
Remember it well! The race where at the end LdM handed him and the press a bit of paper telling him he's not wanted for next year (sacked).

I was there that year such emotion, elation after the win and disappointment after he confirmed he was leaving. I found out a few days before it was officially announced. A guy working for Mercedes (who’s from my country and saw the flag in the stands, so he came over) told us Kimi signed. I had some time to prepare but I still hoped it wasn’t true.

MSC Fan
5th September 2020, 16:13
Standings:

Shwartzman 134
llott 134
Schumacher 131
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 104
Zhou 102
Mazepin 101
Deletraz 85

If only F1 was like this. Imagine if the standings were like this with 9 rounds to go in F1-
Hamilton 134
Verstappen 134
Leclerc 131
Vettel 123
Bottas 104
Albon 102
Sainz 101
Norris 85

killer
5th September 2020, 16:13
Hopefully a repeat of the F3 season with his late charge to take the title!

Could be when the consistency he’s shown as of late will come into play.

nani_s23
5th September 2020, 16:18
If only F1 was like this. Imagine if the standings were like this with 9 rounds to go in F1-
Hamilton 134
Verstappen 134
Leclerc 131
Vettel 123
Bottas 104
Albon 102
Sainz 101
Norris 85

If this is the situation. It’s more panic at ferrari as Team orders will come into play, this is where ferrari struggle with 2 star drivers. For Merc & RB it’s easy because they can focus only on one driver.

Lesky
5th September 2020, 16:20
Standings:

Shwartzman 134
llott 134
Schumacher 131
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 104
Zhou 102
Mazepin 101
Deletraz 85

Standings without pole position points and fastest lap points (4 points for pole position, 2 points for fastest lap)

Schumacher 129
Shwartzman 120
llott 116
Tsunoda 115
Mazepin 99
Lundgaard 98
Zhou 92
Deletraz 85

Illot has picked up 16 points for pole position for example compared to 0 for Shwartzman and Schumacher, Prema has not had a car to take pole in Q.

This means Schumacher under F1 rules would have lead the championship, despite having the fire extuingsher go off at one race, costing him 10 or 12 points for no fault of his own.

Schumacher regardless would deserve to to lead the championship.

nani_s23
5th September 2020, 16:26
Standings without pole position points and fastest lap points (4 points for pole position, 2 points for fastest lap)

Schumacher 129
Shwartzman 120
llott 116
Tsunoda 115
Mazepin 99
Lundgaard 98
Zhou 92
Deletraz 85

Illot has picked up 16 points for pole position for example compared to 0 for Shwartzman and Schumacher, Prema has not had a car to take pole in Q.

This means Schumacher under F1 rules would have lead the championship, despite having the fire extuingsher go off at one race, costing him 10 or 12 points for no fault of his own.

Schumacher regardless would deserve to to lead the championship.

I think there was a race where he collided with his team mate. Which eventually lead retirement of shwartzman who was leading the race.

Lesky
5th September 2020, 16:37
I think there was a race where he collided with his team mate. Which eventually lead retirement of shwartzman who was leading the race.

Yeah, thats true. But Shwartzman had no pace, his tires were gone, he should have let his teammate by and settled for 3rd. Mick would have overtaken him 100% later anyway.

It was a sprint race, so Schumacher would have had 15 points for the win, and Shwartzman would have been 3rd because the next car overtook them both when they tangled and that car had much better tires than Robert as well.

Schumacher ended up 2nd and got 12 points. Shwartzman got zero.

Schumacher would have got 15 points and Shwartzman 10 if they had finished.

Meaning the difference in points would have been 5 points plus for Schumacher. Instead it became 12 points plus.

Standings would be like this with both indicents counted for:

Schumacher 146
Shwartzman 144
llott 134
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 104
Zhou 102
Mazepin 101
Deletraz 85

nani_s23
5th September 2020, 16:42
Yeah, thats true. But Shwartzman had no pace, his tires were gone, he should have let his teammate by and settled for 3rd. Mick would have overtaken him 100% later anyway.

It was a sprint race, so Schumacher would have had 15 points for the win, and Shwartzman would have been 3rd because the next car overtook them both when they tangled and that car had much better tires than Robert as well.

Schumacher ended up 2nd and got 12 points. Shwartzman got zero.

Schumacher would have got 15 points and Shwartzman 10 if they had finished.

Meaning the difference in points would have been 5 points plus for Schumacher. Instead it became 12 points plus.

Standings would be like this with both indicents counted for:

Schumacher 146
Shwartzman 144
llott 134
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 104
Zhou 102
Mazepin 101
Deletraz 85

Yup..his tyres were gone. But both drivers are very good

wisepie
5th September 2020, 16:47
What a difference from the current F1 with the points so close together and proper racing, this is the only way to make F1 a popular and believable series again. If I have to watch another HAM-fest, it will be one too many.:roll

MSC Fan
6th September 2020, 03:52
If this is the situation. It’s more panic at ferrari as Team orders will come into play, this is where ferrari struggle with 2 star drivers. For Merc & RB it’s easy because they can focus only on one driver.

Bottas would be one win away from contention too. As long as we ask our drivers to race clean and cautious, there would be no need for team orders. Besides, winning the WCC would be a cakewalk for us because of our insane driver lineup. The only ones who can afford to use team orders will be RedBull.

nani_s23
6th September 2020, 06:46
Bottas would be one win away from contention too. As long as we ask our drivers to race clean and cautious, there would be no need for team orders. Besides, winning the WCC would be a cakewalk for us because of our insane driver lineup. The only ones who can afford to use team orders will be RedBull.

At some point team will rooting for one driver to claim WDC.
Yeah WCC will be a cake walk

Lesky
6th September 2020, 10:04
Standings after sprint race:

llott 144
Schumacher 141
Shwartzman 138
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 114
Zhou 102
Mazepin 101
Deletraz 91

Bonus points gained:

+ 18 Illot
+ 10 Zhou
+ 8 Tsunoda
+ 6 Lundgaard
+ 4 Shwartzman
+ 4 Schumacher
+ 2 Mazepin
+ 0 Deletraz

MSC Fan
6th September 2020, 10:19

llott 144
Schumacher 141
Shwartzman 138
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 114
Zhou 102
Mazepin 101
Deletraz 91

Bonus points gained:

+ 18 Illot
+ 10 Zhou
+ 8 Tsunoda
+ 6 Lundgaard
+ 4 Shwartzman
+ 4 Schumacher
+ 2 Mazepin
+ 0 Deletraz

8 rounds left to go (4 other tracks).

nani_s23
6th September 2020, 10:47

llott 144
Schumacher 141
Shwartzman 138
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 114
Zhou 102
Mazepin 101
Deletraz 91

Bonus points gained:

+ 18 Illot
+ 10 Zhou
+ 8 Tsunoda
+ 6 Lundgaard
+ 4 Shwartzman
+ 4 Schumacher
+ 2 Mazepin
+ 0 Deletraz

Shwartzman should come back hard next race.

Schumiklub
6th September 2020, 12:50
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200906/a8617af686de569319c9462ca5cc6930.jpg

Mick up to P3, 2nd in the championship now.

jgonzalesm6
6th September 2020, 13:05
Revise after Ticktum's exclusion:

Ilott 149
Schumacher 143
Shwartzman 140
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 116

nani_s23
6th September 2020, 13:07
Revise after Ticktum's exclusion:

Ilott 149
Schumacher 143
Shwartzman 140
Tsunoda 123
Lundgaard 116

Do you see a chance for Shwartzman & mick both in F1 next season one for Haas & other for Alfa

Silent Bob
6th September 2020, 13:46
Next year would be the time to do it with stable rules and similar cars to this year. Add some excitement to a possibly boring year and get them ready for the bug changes in 2022.

SS454
7th September 2020, 01:08
F2 has been far more exciting compared to F1 this year. Of course I cheer for Mick, but his speed isn't anything special. He is amazing at starts though. If he can clean up some mistakes, and hopefully get a bit faster, I think he will be a good driver over a season as I think he would just keep getting results.

Lesky
9th September 2020, 20:50
Ferrari won’t base driver decision on results alone

With three Ferrari junior drivers in the hunt for the F2 title, Mattia Binotto says Ferrari won’t use the standings alone to decide who, if any, gets a promotion.

Ferrari’s juniors are dominating this year’s Formula 2 championship race.

Callum Ilott is leading the standings on 149 points, six ahead of Mick Schumacher, while Robert Shwartman is third with 140 points.

All three have stood on the top step of the podium with Ilott and Shwartman on three apiece while Schumacher claimed his first at Monza, winning Saturday’s feature race.

However, whoever wins the title isn’t guaranteed a promotion to the Ferrari-powered Alfa Romeo team.

“I think this season in F2 we have great drivers,” Binotto explained.

“We have certainly even three drivers battling for the championship – Robert Shwartman, Callum Ilott and Mick. I think they are all doing very well. They are shown progress compared to last season.

“For Robert, it’s his very first season in F2 and normally when you are a rookie it’s certainly more difficult and I think that as a rookie he is doing very well.

“I think the other two as well are doing well at the moment. Looking ahead, looking to next year, I think all of them merit a place into an F1 seat.

“But I think as well that the second half of the season will be the most important for them, especially for Robert, because he’s a rookie, let’s see how he will progress.”

“Finally, will their performance be the only one.

“No, I think more important for a driver is to see he is developing and I think that he’s showing the capacity of developing himself and to make progress.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari-f2-driver-decision/

jgonzalesm6
12th September 2020, 17:15
Tuscany GP 2020 race 1 of 2

Huge day for Mick Schumacher. From P15 to P5 and taking the F2 championship lead for the first time in his career.

FIVE SECOND TIME PENALTY for Tsunoda

Zhou has broken steering and is out.

Shwartzman retires from the F2 feature race.

Schumacher 153pts
ILott 149pts
Schwartzman 140pts
Lundgaard 128pts
Mazepin 127pts
Tsunoda 123pts

Schumiklub
12th September 2020, 17:20
Tuscany GP 2020 race 1 of 2

Huge day for Mick Schumacher. From P15 to P5 and taking the F2 championship lead for the first time in his career.

FIVE SECOND TIME PENALTY for Tsunoda

Zhou has broken steering and is out.

Shwartzman retires from the F2 feature race.

Schumacher 153pts
ILott 149pts
Schwartzman 140pts
Lundgaard 128pts
Mazepin 127pts
Tsunoda 123pts

That’s amazing! Go Mick!

Lesky
13th September 2020, 04:43
Current standings:

Schumacher 153
ILott 149
Schwartzman 140
Lundgaard 128
Mazepin 127
Tsunoda 123

Standing without bonus points:

Schumacher 149
ILott 131
Schwartzman 136
Lundgaard 120
Mazepin 125
Tsunoda 115

Bonus points gained:

+ 18 Illot
+ 10 Zhou
+ 8 Tsunoda
+ 8 Lundgaard
+ 4 Shwartzman
+ 4 Schumacher
+ 2 Mazepin
+ 2 Deletraz

MSC Fan
26th September 2020, 08:39
After the feature race in Russia,

Schumacher 186
Ilott 168
Lundgaard 145
Tsunoda 145
Shwartzman 140
Mazepin 135

It is very likely that he will in the world championship now.

jgonzalesm6
26th September 2020, 08:46
Sochi 2020 race 1 of 2

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1309773431588687873/photo/1

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1309773152155770882/photo/1

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1309772101142929409/photo/1

Lesky
26th September 2020, 16:10
Current standings:

Schumacher 186
ILott 168
Lundgaard 145
Tsunoda 145
Schwartzman 140
Mazepin 133

Schumacher 182
ILott 146
Lundgaard 137
Schwartzman 136
Tsunoda 133
Mazepin 129

Bonus points gained:

+ 18 Illot
+ 12 Tsunoda
+ 10 Zhou
+ 8 Lundgaard
+ 4 Mazepin
+ 4 Shwartzman
+ 4 Schumacher
+ 2 Deletraz

ntukza
26th September 2020, 17:51
Still a long way and it's still a bit tight but I'm quietly optimistic. I'm trying not to get too excited too soon. :-)

Lesky
27th September 2020, 03:41
Drama...
---

Four F2 teams lodge intention to appeal against Schumacher's Sochi win

At least four FIA Formula 2 teams are considering launching an appeal against Mick Schumacher’s victory in the feature race at Sochi.
Ferrari junior Schumacher made a last-minute call to make his one mandatory pitstop on lap nine of the first F2 race of the weekend, following in behind the race-leader Yuki Tsunoda.

Prema boss Rene Rosin could be seen on the TV broadcast frantically gesticulating to his mechanics, who were expecting to service Schumacher’s teammate Robert Shwartzman, that both drivers would be pitting on the same lap. Schumacher went on to win the race.

Communication from a team member not registered as one of the 12 operational personnel allowed to work on a car is banned in the series. Rosin was investigated for this but was not found to have explicitly breached that rule.

“The team principal’s actions had no impact on the operation of the team, the cars, or the pit stop and, therefore, did not breach the operational personnel limitations of the 2020 F2 Sporting Regulations Article 21.5,” the stewards' statement read.

However, he was given a €10,000 fine as they concluded that his “actions could be misconstrued under the circumstances, by someone without access to the appropriate camera angles and footage, as giving the appearance of operational direction, the stewards find the team principal committed an act prejudicial to the competition.”

Motorsport.com understands that ART Grand Prix, Carlin, DAMS and UNI-Virtuosi are all considering filing an appeal against this decision and the lack of a sporting penalty. The teams have the allocated four days (96 hours) to appeal from the time of the decision.

In a separate incident, Schumacher was investigated but cleared of using a “superseded version of the DRS crank” on his car. The investigation concerned a rear-wing element that was made mandatory in Baku last year to remedy an issue that caused multiple DRS failures in the season-opener in Bahrain.

After Schumacher's crash in qualifying at Monza, Prema re-installed a replacement DRS crank that was the cause of the alleged infringement.

“The stewards closely examined a correct reference part and the superseded part [on Schumacher’s car],” the statement read. “They are quite similar. When they are overlaid, the differences are readily apparent, but with the naked eye, it would take an extremely experienced observer to tell the two parts apart if they were viewed individually, with direct reference to each other.

“It explicitly does not have a performance advantage on the car and, therefore, the team did not gain a sporting advantage when using the part.”

Following his second feature race win of the year, Schumacher holds an 18-point advantage over Ferrari stablemate Callum Ilott at the top of the drivers’ championship.

Prema has rebounded from finishing ninth out of 10 teams in 2019, to lead this year’s teams’ championship by 46 points with five races remaining.

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/news/mick-schumacher-sochi-win-appeal/4882480/

jgonzalesm6
27th September 2020, 09:09
Sochi 2020 2nd race.

Mick comes in 3rd place....extends his lead. Race drama in F2...drivers okay.

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1310137518663270400/photo/1

Lesky
27th September 2020, 09:29
CONFIRMED standings after Sochi races - only HALF points were awarded as race was cancelled after 8 laps of 21.

Schumacher 191
ILott 169
Tsunoda 147
Lundgaard 145
Mazepin 140
Schwartzman 140

Schumacher 187
ILott 147
Lundgaard 137
Schwartzman 136
Mazepin 135
Tsunoda 135

Mazepin got the fastest lap for the sprint race, but it only counted for 1 point.

Bonus points gained:

+ 18 Illot
+ 12 Tsunoda
+ 10 Zhou
+ 8 Lundgaard
+ 5 Mazepin
+ 4 Shwartzman
+ 4 Schumacher
+ 2 Deletraz

Mazepin got 6 + 1 for 2nd + fastest lap = 7
Schumacher got 5 for 3rd

Tsunoda got 2 points for 6th
Ilott got 1 points for 7th.

ntukza
27th September 2020, 11:03
Still a long way and it's still a bit tight but I'm quietly optimistic. I'm trying not to get too excited too soon. :-)

Sorry, when I said this I didn't realise that the season is ending so soon. Apparently they have only one race-weekend left. If that's correct then it's looking very good for Mick.

It's really impressive how he's performed this weekend. Drivers who deliver maximum performance under pressure are like he was, having taken over the lead for the first time, are rather special.

Redfive
27th September 2020, 16:04
Micks pass in race one was the best thing I've seen him do. Very solid pass, good thinking and smart racing. Shades of Michael there for a moment!

ntukza
27th September 2020, 18:00
Micks pass in race one was the best thing I've seen him do. Very solid pass, good thinking and smart racing. Shades of Michael there for a moment!

Agreed! I love the fact that he didn't just rocket off the line to P1, but that in addition to a brilliant start he also pulled off a spectacular overtake on his way to victory. And also the fact that when in P1 he actually opened a gap to his chasers. Very good performance!

ntukza
29th September 2020, 04:18
Is Mick genuinely bad at quali? He's always starting down the grid. Should this be a concern?

MSC Fan
29th September 2020, 04:33
Is Mick genuinely bad at quali? He's always starting down the grid. Should this be a concern?

He isn't bad. Just mediocre in that regard. He makes up for it by his starts though. His race pace is also pretty good.

ntukza
29th September 2020, 05:26
He isn't bad. Just mediocre in that regard. He makes up for it by his starts though. His race pace is also pretty good.

Well Albon is like that right now, isn't he? And look what's happening to him.

MSC Fan
29th September 2020, 07:42

That is indeed a risk.

jgonzalesm6
29th September 2020, 13:39
Mick, ilott, & Schwartzman will practice the SF71-H tomorrow in Fiorano.

Germany(Friday):

Mick will practice in the C39.

ilott will practice in the VF-20.

Schwartzman will practice in Abu Dhabi.

nani_s23
29th September 2020, 13:42
Mick, ilott, & Schwartzman will practice the SF71-H tomorrow in Fiorano.

Germany(Friday):

Mick will practice in the C39.

ilott will practice in the VF-20.

Schwartzman will practice in Abu Dhabi.

I was about to post it...:-D. Anyways :thumb good that all 3 are getting a chance.

ntukza
29th September 2020, 18:49
Unrelated but related. Does anyone know why last year's F2 winner didn't make it into F1?

jgonzalesm6
29th September 2020, 20:02
Unrelated but related. Does anyone know why last year's F2 winner didn't make it into F1?

Nyck de Vries

He is currently racing for Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E team.

Rob
29th September 2020, 20:20
Nyck de Vries

He is currently racing for Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E team.

Also racing for racing team. Nederlands in wec. Also he toyota gazoo reserve and test driver. Testing their hypercar for next year.

MSC Fan
30th September 2020, 03:27

De Vries wasn't all that good. Besides, last year's field was one of the most mediocre ones in recent times.

ntukza
30th September 2020, 06:46
De Vries wasn't all that good. Besides, last year's field was one of the most mediocre ones in recent times.

But Latifi who finished runner-up made it into F1?

jgonzalesm6
30th September 2020, 07:09
But Latifi who finished runner-up made it into F1?

money, money, money, money..........MAAAAHNEY[song].:-)

ntukza
30th September 2020, 08:21
money, money, money, money..........MAAAAHNEY[song].:-)

Right. Makes sense then. :-)

aroutis
30th September 2020, 08:38

While I really like Albon, I believe every driver is his own man.
I mean that it's up to Albon and Mick to evolve to their own limits.

jgonzalesm6
30th September 2020, 08:52

While I really like Albon, I believe every driver is his own man.
I mean that it's up to Albon and Mick to evolve to their own limits.

Aside from Ricciardo, Albon (when compared to Max) is not up to par. He has moments during quali and race when he's behind Max but he's inconsistent.....and let's not forget about the points which Max is way ahead.

Most of the time, Max is all alone during the race. Max is on aonther level.

tifosi1993
30th September 2020, 11:47
Charles and Max both are the stars of the present and the future. It is vital for both Ferrari and Red Bull to hold on to them, both of these two are capable of winning the WDC right now with the right car.
As for George Russell, there is a question mark. His one lap pace is good, compared to Kubica and Latifi, I don't consider either of them as benchmark. But his race pace is quite underwhelming, Latifi having zero troubles keeping up with George and even beating him during the races. Not a good sign.
Never considered Albon to be anything special. Norris is looking quite comprising, but he's inconsistent. Sometimes he's much faster than Sainz, sometimes he's much slower.
Gasly was very good in junior formula, and deserves another chance. To me, out of Russell, Albon, Norris and Gasly, Gasly and Norris are the two most promising aspect.

Looking forward to Schumacher, Illiot, Shwartzman. Best of luck to all three.

tifosi1993
30th September 2020, 11:57

Well Albon is going up against Max, which is quite unfortunate for him. And the same fate is awaiting Mick, if he goes up against Charles.

MSC Fan
30th September 2020, 12:23
Charles and Max both are the stars of the present and the future. It is vital for both Ferrari and Red Bull to hold on to them, both of these two are capable of winning the WDC right now with the right car.
As for George Russell, there is a question mark. His one lap pace is good, compared to Kubica and Latifi, I don't consider either of them as benchmark. But his race pace is quite underwhelming, Latifi having zero troubles keeping up with George and even beating him during the races. Not a good sign.
Never considered Albon to be anything special. Norris is looking quite comprising, but he's inconsistent. Sometimes he's much faster than Sainz, sometimes he's much slower.
Gasly was very good in junior formula, and deserves another chance. To me, out of Russell, Albon, Norris and Gasly, Gasly and Norris are the two most promising aspect.

Looking forward to Schumacher, Illiot, Shwartzman. Best of luck to all three.

The H2H in races for Russell and Latifi is 6-2 so far in Russell's favour (in all the races they've both finished). I think these concerns about race pace arises when a promising, young driver stays in a backmarker for too long that people would exaggerate whenever he finishes behind his teammate.

As for Mick, I hope the team doesn't rush him into the main team just because people want to see a Schumacher in a Ferrari. He is a very talented driver but as seen in his career so far, he needs a season or two to get used to the car.

If all 3 FDA drivers indeed make it to F1 next year, we'd be having one of the most talented grids ever.

jgonzalesm6
30th September 2020, 14:58
Well . And the same fate is awaiting Mick, if he goes up against Charles.

If all 3 FDA drivers indeed make it to F1 next year, we'd be having one of the most talented grids ever.

We need a car first. We can enlist and put the most talented F1 drivers in "a" car BUT it won't make any difference as we are currently witnessing with Charles.

Schumiklub
30th September 2020, 17:34
Are there any times recorded during the test?

jgonzalesm6
30th September 2020, 17:40
Are there any times recorded during the test?

I have'nt come across any posted times at the Fiorano track. IMO, the guys are getting familiar with how these current F1 cars work and feel.

tifosi1993
30th September 2020, 19:29
The H2H in races for Russell and Latifi is 6-2 so far in Russell's favour (in all the races they've both finished). I think these concerns about race pace arises when a promising, young driver stays in a backmarker for too long that people would exaggerate whenever he finishes behind his teammate.

As for Mick, I hope the team doesn't rush him into the main team just because people want to see a Schumacher in a Ferrari. He is a very talented driver but as seen in his career so far, he needs a season or two to get used to the car.

But if we consider the last 4 races, excluding the DNF's, the score is 2-0 in Latifi's favor. Williams best finishing position this year is P11, achieved by Latifi twice. Also last year Kubica secured Williams one and only point and finished ahead of Russell.

Russell is clearly dominating Latifi and dominated Kubica last year in qualifying, but neither Kubica nor Latifi are a credible benchmark. And his overall race pace is underwhelming compared to his one lap pace.

tifosi1993
30th September 2020, 19:36
We need a car first. We can enlist and put the most talented F1 drivers in "a" car BUT it won't make any difference as we are currently witnessing with Charles.

Sure, but bad car also also defines adaptability. This years Chrales may have only scored to 57 points, but he is better than last years Charles. He has achieved two podiums already and battling with Perez, Ricciardo, Stroll, Albon and Mclaren boys, and all them got better cars than Charles.

If either Schumacher, Shwartzman or Illiot can do the same with a "bad" car, they will attract attention, and rightfully so. Anyone can win WDC's with a rocket-ship, but only few selected drivers can put a dog in places it doesn't belong, like Charles did this year with his two podiums, like Alonso had done in the past.

jgonzalesm6
30th September 2020, 20:03
. He has achieved two podiums already and battling with Perez, Ricciardo, Stroll, Albon and Mclaren boys, and all them got better cars than Charles.

If either Schumacher, Shwartzman or Illiot can do the same with a "bad" car, they will attract attention, and rightfully so. Anyone can win WDC's with a rocket-ship, but only few selected drivers can put a dog in places it doesn't belong, like Charles did this year with his two podiums, like Alonso had done in the past.

Charles is definitely adaptable and extracting everything he can out of this SF1000 compared to his team-mate.

Charles podiums this year were not on merit. Drama(the faster cars) has to happen up front for Charles to get a podium this year in 2020.

I'm not taking away Charles talent since currently he's got 57 points vs. Seb's 17 points (JEEEEZ :roll).

tifosi1993
30th September 2020, 20:17
Charles is definitely adaptable and extracting everything he can out of this SF1000 compared to his team-mate.

Charles podiums this year were not on merit. Drama(the faster cars) has to happen up front for Charles to get a podium this year in 2020.

I'm not taking away Charles talent since currently he's got 57 points vs. Seb's 17 points (JEEEEZ :roll).

Of course it wasn't on merit. But the thing is, he has put himself in those positions and took full advantage when other people crashed or had reliability problems ahead of him. And it's not just podium, he has also qualified P4 and finished P4 in Silverstone on pace alone.

Albon has scored 50 percent of Max's total points, where Vettel has scored 29.82 percent of Leclerc's total points, and some people bashing Albon while putting a blind eye on Vettel's mediocracy, JEEEEZ indeed.

tifosi1993
30th September 2020, 20:23
Mick in the SF71

https://i1.lensdump.com/i/0rhkA1.jpg

ntukza
30th September 2020, 21:51
... Albon has scored 50 percent of Max's total points, where Vettel has scored 29.82 percent of Leclerc's total points, and some people bashing Albon while putting a blind eye on Vettel's mediocracy, JEEEEZ indeed.
Probably because Vettel is a proven 4-time world champion. There's a big difference between underperforming at the tail end of your career and underperforming at the start of your career. Schumacher wasn't spectacular at Mercedes but there's no way you'd judge him the same as you would a relatively young driver.

ntukza
30th September 2020, 21:52
Mick in the SF71

https://i1.lensdump.com/i/0rhkA1.jpg

Thank you. Any more news on this?

jgonzalesm6
30th September 2020, 22:35
Probably because Vettel is a proven 4-time world champion. There's a big difference between underperforming at the tail end of your career and underperforming at the start of your career. Schumacher wasn't spectacular at Mercedes but there's no way you'd judge him the same as you would a relatively young driver.

Vettel will go to a team in 2021 that is performing better than Ferrari in 2020 as opposed to Schumacher who went to a team(Mercedes) AFTER Ferrari that was performing okay with regards to shifting teams comparing Seb vs. Schumaccher.

The question currently is, how will Seb perform in Aston Martin F1 vs Stroll. While one can say we are currently witnessing the decline of a 4x WDC at the moment......only time will tell if this statement is true at Aston Martin F1 for 2021.

jgonzalesm6
30th September 2020, 22:37
Thank you. Any more news on this?

All 3 FDA drivers got to drive the SF71-H to gain experience of the cars handling and software settings. No times were posted at the Fiorano track.

MSC Fan
1st October 2020, 02:29
Vettel will go to a team in 2021 that is performing better than Ferrari in 2020 as opposed to Schumacher who went to a team(Mercedes) AFTER Ferrari that was performing okay with regards to shifting teams comparing Seb vs. Schumaccher.

The question currently is, how will Seb perform in Aston Martin F1 vs Stroll. While one can say we are currently witnessing the decline of a 4x WDC at the moment......only time will tell if this statement is true at Aston Martin F1 for 2021.

I would agree with what Heidfeld said, Vettel didn't decline much, it is just that Leclerc is much faster. We must remember that Vettel was fighting for the world championship just 2 years ago and you don't go from that level to absolute 0 in 2 years.

ntukza
1st October 2020, 04:36

Indeed, only time will tell.

ntukza
1st October 2020, 04:39
I would agree with what Heidfeld said, Vettel didn't decline much, it is just that Leclerc is much faster. We must remember that Vettel was fighting for the world championship just 2 years ago and you don't go from that level to absolute 0 in 2 years.

If it's simply a case of Leclerc being much faster than the 4xWDC Vettel, then he must be the best driver on track by a long way.

Brembo
1st October 2020, 05:13
Seb lost years of mid track fighting to move up to the front . He was already there! I'm sure most drivers would take the 4 WDCs and $50 million pay at the cost of needing to sharpen up later on as is the case with Seb. The Ferrari car and some team decisions lately have to be to blamed for his being where he is points wise, and Charles I truly believe would be doing some #2 finishes also if he also got a little help from his car! Seb is not slacking off, the team is. Both drivers deserve better! 2 second or better pit stops will help allot.

tifosi1993
1st October 2020, 05:50
If it's simply a case of Leclerc being much faster than the 4xWDC Vettel, then he must be the best driver on track by a long way.

Vettel won his last title 7 years ago, with a subpar teammate and absolute rocket ship under his belt. When Vettel had won his 4th title, Hamilton was a 1xWDC. But now Hamilton on the verge becoming a 7xWDC while Vettel is still 4xWDC. Doesn't mean all of a sudden Hamilton has become a super driver, the only thing that changed is the car. Anyone can become a multiple WDC with an absoluter rocket ship, full team backing and an average/below-average teammates like Webber or Bottas.

Also Nico being faster than Michael ≠ Rosberg was the best driver by a long way, Ricciardo beating Vettel in 2014 ≠ Ricciardo was the best driver on track that year. Judging a driver based on his number of titles alone is not the proper way to evaluate someone.

If we take Vettel's 4xWDC's away, and only judge how he's been performing on track ever since Leclerc became his teammate, then it's quite clear that Leclerc is a far better driver than Vettel. Leclerc is beating Vettel in every category, wins, points, poles, podiums. And Vettel being a 4xWDC is not going to make any differences to his on track performance.

ntukza
1st October 2020, 06:34
Vettel won his last title 7 years ago, with a subpar teammate and absolute rocket ship under his belt. When Vettel had won his 4th title, Hamilton was a 1xWDC. But now Hamilton on the verge becoming a 7xWDC while Vettel is still 4xWDC. Doesn't mean all of a sudden Hamilton has become a super driver, the only thing that changed is the car. Anyone can become a multiple WDC with an absoluter rocket ship, full team backing and an average/below-average teammates like Webber or Bottas.

Also Nico being faster than Michael ≠ Rosberg was the best driver by a long way, Ricciardo beating Vettel in 2014 ≠ Ricciardo was the best driver on track that year. Judging a driver based on his number of titles alone is not the proper way to evaluate someone.

If we take Vettel's 4xWDC's away, and only judge how he's been performing on track ever since Leclerc became his teammate, then it's quite clear that Leclerc is a far better driver than Vettel. Leclerc is beating Vettel in every category, wins, points, poles, podiums. And Vettel being a 4xWDC is not going to make any differences to his on track performance.

Yeah but the thing is, with Leclerc and Vettel the car is the same, so taking your point into consideration, either Vettel was never really that good, or Leclerc is the best driver on the grid, or Vettel has gone down. (I reckon it's a combination.)

Nico Rosberg is the only driver to beat Hamilton to the championship in equal machinery. Of course, that doesn't mean Nico is better than Hamilton, but that feat counts a lot in my books. Nico's championship for me is more valuable than many other championships for this reason alone.

MSC Fan
1st October 2020, 07:34
Yeah but the thing is, with Leclerc and Vettel the car is the same, so taking your point into consideration, either Vettel was never really that good, or Leclerc is the best driver on the grid, or Vettel has gone down. (I reckon it's a combination.)

Nico Rosberg is the only driver to beat Hamilton to the championship in equal machinery. Of course, that doesn't mean Nico is better than Hamilton, but that feat counts a lot in my books. Nico's championship for me is more valuable than many other championships for this reason alone.

A better explanation should be that Vettel is still very fast but adaptability isn't his strength and that is the most important trait to handle a car like the SF1000 (the most difficult car to drive on the grid by a long shot).

aroutis
1st October 2020, 07:37

I strongly disagree.
A trait of a great driver is to be "there" when drama happens in a race, so no, everything he won was on his own merit.

aroutis
1st October 2020, 07:40

Spot on....

Rob
1st October 2020, 07:40
Maranello, 30 September 2020 – This was a day to remember for Robert Shwartzman, Callum Ilott and Mick Schumacher at the Fiorano track. The Ferrari Driver Academy (FDA) students each had a run behind the wheel of a 2018 Ferrari SF71H to experience driving a Formula 1 car as part of the #RoadToF1 programme. Mick and Callum are scheduled to take part in the first free practice session for the Eifel Grand Prix on 9 October, with Alfa Romeo Racing and Haas F1 Team respectively, and Robert will make his Friday debut on 11 December at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend.

Robert. First up was Robert, who has three Formula 2 wins to his name so far this year. For the 21 year old Russian this was his very first time at the wheel of a Formula 1 car. He went out for an installation lap at 9.03 and twenty minutes later he began his first real run. The youngster, who has been part of the FDA since 2017, got off to a cautious start, but soon got the hang of the car and the track.

Callum. Callum Ilott’s turn came at noon. The Englishman has been with the FDA since 2018 and is currently second in the Formula 2 series with three wins to his name. This was his first time at the wheel of a Ferrari, although the 21 year old from Cambridge had experienced a Ferrari-powered Formula 1 Alfa Romeo Racing C38 at last year’s post-Spanish GP test at the Barcelona Catalunya circuit. Ilott completed a good number of laps of the 2.976 km track, running at a constant pace; perfect preparation for his debut at the Nürburgring.

Mick. At 3pm, it was the turn of Mick Schumacher, the current Formula 2 championship leader, with two wins. The 21 year old German has been with the FDA since 2019 and this was not his first time at the wheel of a Ferrari. In 2019, he drove that year’s SF90 in Bahrain, also having a drive in the Alfa Romeo C38 at the same test. Mick also completed his programme, aimed at familiarising himself with a Formula 1 car, after so many races in the junior category over the past few months.

Next appointment. There is now a long break in the Formula 2 calendar until the two rounds planned in Bahrain on 28 and 29 November and 5 and 6 December.

Robert Shwartzman #35

“I have dreamed of the day when I would drive a Formula 1 car for the first time ever since I was a little kid and finally today was the day. Driving this car was fantastic and great fun.

The power is what strikes you most: when you accelerate the horsepower never seems to stop. The brakes are equally impressive: the car stops when it feels as though it’s too late to make the corner. Apart from the actual driving, it was also special to work with the team. There are a lot of them and they pay attention to every little detail. They really work at a very high level. Thanks to everyone who made this memorable day possible.”

Callum Ilott #53

“This was an unforgettable day. I’d already been able to drive a Formula 1 car last year, but today I was able to get to grips with the car with just ten days to go to my debut on a Grand Prix weekend. It was very useful and I thank Ferrari for giving me this opportunity.

What struck me about the SF71H was its aero efficiency, which means you have grip levels you just don’t find in other categories. Then there’s the extreme power from the engine and instant braking.”

Mick Schumacher #47

“I would like to thank Ferrari and the FDA for giving me the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a hybrid-powered Formula 1 car, a few days before my debut at a Grand Prix weekend at the Nürburgring. It was very useful to get used to all the procedures again, which are pretty complex and also with how a team works in this top level of the sport.

A few weeks ago in Mugello, I was able to drive an F2004, an amazing car, but quite old fashioned now. Getting behind the wheel of a 2018 hybrid car allowed me to understand how important the electronics are for the Power Unit and how much progress Formula 1 has made in terms of aerodynamics.

I can’t wait to jump into the cockpit in Germany and it will be nice to take part in a practice session for the first time in front of my home crowd. In the team, there are some mechanics who worked with my father and that will make the day even more special.”

Marco Matassa Head of FDA Technical Department

“I am very pleased with how today went. I’d like to thank the Scuderia Ferrari race team for its support, because in the middle of such a busy season, it’s no small matter to change the car configuration to suit the individual needs of all three drivers, while helping them get to grips with something as complex as a hybrid-powered Formula 1 car.

On the technical front I’m happy with the way Mick, Callum and Robert quickly got used to the SF71H. For two of them this wasn’t their first time in a Formula 1 car, but even so it’s not easy to switch from the driving style demanded from a Formula 2 car to one best suited to Formula 1. The car has much more power, a significantly more sophisticated braking system and power steering that requires sensitivity and precision to use properly. However, they were all quick and immediately began running at a good pace. I believe the laps they did today will be very useful when Mick and Callum run on Friday at the Nürburgring.

On a purely emotional level, it was wonderful to see the lads in their red race suit in front of their Ferrari, posing for the group photo, especially with Robert who was having his very first drive in a Formula 1 car, which is an unforgettable moment for any driver.”

jgonzalesm6
1st October 2020, 11:15
I strongly disagree.
A trait of a great driver is to be "there" when drama happens in a race, so no, everything he won was on his own merit.

So Monza 2020......Gasly, Sainz and Stroll won that race on merit then???

Given Leclerc's car and given his talent, his talent trumps over the car. But the car is lacking performance when compared to it's rivals for 2020. So any podiums that Leclerc recieves for 2020 is NOT on merit due to the fact that drama for the faster cars (Mercedes, RedBull, Mclaren, Racing Point, and possibly Renault) happens.

IF the car was on par with the Mercedes or RedBull or Mclaren and Leclerc went head-to-head with Lewis or Bottas, Max, Norris and won the race THEN that would be on merit.

aroutis
1st October 2020, 12:23
So Monza 2020......Gasly, Sainz and Stroll won that race on merit then???

Given Leclerc's car and given his talent, his talent trumps over the car. But the car is lacking performance when compared to it's rivals for 2020. So any podiums that Leclerc recieves for 2020 is NOT on merit due to the fact that drama for the faster cars (Mercedes, RedBull, Mclaren, Racing Point, and possibly Renault) happens.

IF the car was on par with the Mercedes or RedBull or Mclaren and Leclerc went head-to-head with Lewis or Bottas, Max, Norris and won the race THEN that would be on merit.A driver should be able to take advantage of drama and get as many points as possible. That cannot be the case always, granted. But yes it is what it needs to be if they want to be in title contention.
It really is that simple. You race along many drivers and you survive crashes and restart and what have you. Chequered flag falls and you are p2 or 3 or 7. Noone cares if the guy in front of you crashed or not. That position is won on merit because you raced.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

jgonzalesm6
1st October 2020, 12:36
A driver should be able to take advantage of drama and get as many points as possible. That cannot be the case always, granted. But yes it is what it needs to be if they want to be in title contention.
It really is that simple. You race along many drivers and you survive crashes and restart and what have you. Chequered flag falls and you are p2 or 3 or 7. Noone cares if the guy in front of you crashed or not. That position is won on merit because you raced.

Well, I put emphasis on DNF's, crashes or a head-rest issue (Baku 2017) in the race to determine merit....especially for the slower cars whom get a podium finish.

In 2020, IF no one crashes, no DNF's then that race , whatever the outcome, is won on merit and whatever the podium finish is.

aroutis
1st October 2020, 12:55
Well, I put emphasis on DNF's, crashes or a head-rest issue (Baku 2017) in the race to determine merit....especially for the slower cars whom get a podium finish.

In 2020, IF no one crashes, no DNF's then that race , whatever the outcome, is won on merit and whatever the podium finish is.

Monaco 1996, 3 cars finished.
Olivier Panis #1 with a Ligier Honda - Clearly not the best car.

Did he win on merit? Of course he did.
I know this is an extreme but goes to prove that you drive to survive and you drive to win, whether you drive a Ferrari or a Ligier.
Yes,the rule is you have more chances (and logic dictates) you will win in a Ferrari.
But hey, once in a blue moon, universe will bring it that you will win in a Ligier.

Noone will tell you you did not win in merit because people retired, or crashed or what not.

Brembo
2nd October 2020, 04:18
Winning races in this 2020 season with your team mate as your biggest competitor in as good a car is for sure winning on driver merit. Throw Max in there if Bottas blinks too much!

Silent Bob
5th October 2020, 21:22
Ya but that just makes winning too easy when it's between 2 cars and one driver is designated #2 and only gets a bone thrown to him once in a while too keep him happy.

Brembo
6th October 2020, 04:31
Ya but that just makes winning too easy when it's between 2 cars and one driver is designated #2 and only gets a bone thrown to him once in a while too keep him happy.

Lewis is driving to win against , Bottas, Max and any FIA rules that can stop him. Bottas swears he's not a#2 driver and can WDC . It's on him. I can't remember the last time Bottas blocked Max from getting the jump on Lewis . The only bone thrown at Bottas is $$$ ! His pay!

aroutis
6th October 2020, 08:26
Lewis is driving to win against , Bottas, Max and any FIA rules that can stop him. Bottas swears he's not a#2 driver and can WDC . It's on him. I can't remember the last time Bottas blocked Max from getting the jump on Lewis . The only bone thrown at Bottas is $$$ ! His pay!

https://www.racefans.net/2020/08/09/wolff-accepts-bottas-is-not-happy-strategy-cost-him-place-to-hamilton/

Here, let me help you with your memory issues !
It is said that too much alcohol can cause this :D

Brembo
6th October 2020, 09:19
https://www.racefans.net/2020/08/09/wolff-accepts-bottas-is-not-happy-strategy-cost-him-place-to-hamilton/

Here, let me help you with your memory issues !
It is said that too much alcohol can cause this :D

OK I read the https: , Bottas got used, tricked is the word. He was really mad about he results. He doesn't start a race as a#2 driver knowing whenever Lewis needs him to let him pass , Bottas has to move over. That's a #2 driver. I see your point like it or not he's a #2 if need be. I now need to throw a few down just to calm down!! Your fault ! :rotfl

aroutis
6th October 2020, 14:45
Lewis will move over for bottas surely.. if his car fails or hell freezes over. Bottas will move over when asked or they will make it so for him
The definition of rubenization ;)

Brembo
6th October 2020, 15:54
Lewis will move over for bottas surely.. if his car fails or hell freezes over. Bottas will move over when asked or they will make it so for him
The definition of rubenization ;)

If Bottas wins this next race you will have to retract your post !!!!

Silent Bob
6th October 2020, 16:56
If Bottas wins the next race it will be because Hamilton either DNF's, gets penalized, or falls asleep at the wheel.

MSC Fan
7th October 2020, 03:39
If Bottas wins the next race it will be because Hamilton either DNF's, gets penalized, or falls asleep at the wheel.

Has there been a worse #2 driver? Rubens at least had some epic wins to his name (Germany 2000, Britain 2003). Same with Webber (Monaco 2010). In the very least, both Rubens and Webber had one hell of a character. Bottas has the charisma of a rock.

Brembo
7th October 2020, 07:10

You left out if Todt can stop him with some FIA maneuver to not let Lewis reach 91.

JPZ
7th October 2020, 12:44
Has there been a worse #2 driver? Rubens at least had some epic wins to his name (Germany 2000, Britain 2003). Same with Webber (Monaco 2010). In the very least, both Rubens and Webber had one hell of a character. Bottas has the charisma of a rock.

Bottas is perhaps at a similar level to Irvine?

aroutis
7th October 2020, 12:54
If Bottas wins this next race you will have to retract your post !!!!

No.
If Bottas wins, one of the following will have happened.
A. Lewis will have DNF
B. Lewis will have been punished ergo he will not be able to catch him so Toto will order Bottas to "play the team game" (ie. demand Bottas to be #2)
C. Lewis will not compete altogether .
D. Some sort of last moment misunderstanding?

At any rate you know just like I do, Bottas is the perfect Reubens :D

aroutis
7th October 2020, 12:56
You left out if Todt can stop him with some FIA maneuver to not let Lewis reach 91.

Todt has other things to do, seriously, you need help.

aroutis
7th October 2020, 12:57
Bottas is perhaps at a similar level to Irvine?

No, Irvine was a charming guy, hell , Kimi is funnier (and better driver) than Bottas.

Schumiklub
7th October 2020, 13:58
https://scuderiafans.com/alfa-romeo-to-announce-its-choice-of-schumacher-and-raikkonen-on-friday/

JPZ
7th October 2020, 16:00
No, Irvine was a charming guy, hell , Kimi is funnier (and better driver) than Bottas.

I mean in terms of his driving level.

ntukza
7th October 2020, 16:23
So y'all are saying Bottas is a bad driver just because he can't beat Lewis?