PDA

View Full Version : Kimi to leave Ferrari end of 2018

Greig
11th September 2018, 08:13
Ferrari just announced Kimi is leaving at the end of the season.

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 08:20
Hopefully Ferrari gets WDC and WCC this year, that would be nice end to Kimi`s career.

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 08:23
LOL

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnlCYA-hWBD/?taken-by=kimimatiasraikkonen

Rob
11th September 2018, 08:26
Maranello, 11th September, 2018 - Scuderia Ferrari announces that, at the end of the 2018 season, Kimi Raikkonen will step down from his current role.

During these years, Kimi’s contribution to the Team, both as a driver and on account of his human qualities, has been fundamental. He played a decisive role in the team’s growth and was, at the same time, always a great team player.

As a World Champion for Scuderia Ferrari, he will always be part of the Team’s history and family. We thank Kimi for all of this and wish him and his family a prosperous future.

karthikn.1011
11th September 2018, 08:29
A sad sad day being an Kimi fan all the way .. hopefully Leclerc does justice to the move ..also Kimis insta feed says he is moving to Saubee on a two year deal ..

jgonzalesm6
11th September 2018, 08:30
Oh well, he will drive for Alfa-Sauber 2019

Rishu
11th September 2018, 08:35
I thought he would retire

nani_s23
11th September 2018, 08:35
Kimi Raikkonen to step down at the end of 2018. #Kimi7

Rob
11th September 2018, 08:36
Always knew this day was coming. But now its out and been made public doesnt seem right. Thankyou for all you have done over the years for the team.

Yes, i have been critical of him in the past. But, no matter what these last few races. Iam not going to say anything bad about him, just enjoy watching him race and be in F1 until the end. Hope we can get WDC WCC leave the sport on a high.

Thankyou Kimi

All best at Sauber.

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 08:37

Me too, maybe he thinks he still has it. He would be 41 when driving Sauber, that is old. :-D

mizf1
11th September 2018, 08:40
Good luck Kimi at Sauber.

Let's hope him and Seb blitz the next 7 races and bring the WCC and WDC home.

The only remaining question is, as part of the Sauber deal. Does anything think they asked him to support Seb in the next 7 races or is he free to race? Million dollar question

jgonzalesm6
11th September 2018, 08:40

Me too, maybe he thinks he still has it. He would be 41 when driving Sauber, that is old. :-D

He's not far from headquarters so he'll contribute alot to Alfa-Sauber.

No more corporate culture, he can race now.....nice!!

Maybe, IF LeClerc does not produce, their might be a clause for Kimi to come back.....maybe.

mwk360
11th September 2018, 08:41
Lol omg insane, its actually happening, plus kimi in sauber so still ties to ferrari family, Big L to antonio G though thought he would finally get his break next year. Now to announce Leclerc or maybe Kvyat to troll everyone lol

Kingdom Hearts
11th September 2018, 08:41
Happy to hear this, Kimi should have never returned to Ferrari.

Ferrarichamp
11th September 2018, 08:42
Hopefully Ferrari gets WDC and WCC this year, that would be nice end to Kimi`s career.

or even either of those two would be nice :ferrarifl

nani_s23
11th September 2018, 08:45
2yr deal with Sauber mean, there might be a clause where he can come back to ferrari if Charles Leclerc doesn’t deliver expected results. Might be ferrari looking at that way.

mwk360
Hopefully from next year Ferrari decides to enforce team orders on first laps as well, now its free for all in ferrari, kimi wont be helping seb and would probably want that one last win even more badly than before to show why it was a mistake to lose him. good that he is still in F1 all those fans that signed those petitions can be happy now too

mwk360
2yr deal with Sauber mean, there might be a clause where he can come back to ferrari if Charles Leclerc doesn’t deliver expected results. Might be ferrari looking at that way.

i could definitely see that

WRX202
https://twitter.com/RachelBrookesTV/status/1039425253640994817/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwte rm%5E1039425253640994817%7Ctwgr%5E373939313b737065 63696669635f73706f7274735f616374696f6e&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gpblog.com%2Fen%2Fnews%2 F20699%2F-make-active-when-needed-breaking-kimi-raikkonen-to-retire-at-end-of-the-season-.html

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 08:46
http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/charles-leclerc-to-drive-for-scuderia-ferrari-in-2019/

Rishu
Leclerc confirmed

nani_s23
One thing, Above deal completely shows ferrari not interested in loosing kimi.

mwk360
11th September 2018, 08:47
Good luck Kimi at Sauber.

Let's hope him and Seb blitz the next 7 races and bring the WCC and WDC home.

The only remaining question is, as part of the Sauber deal. Does anything think they asked him to support Seb in the next 7 races or is he free to race? Million dollar question

i dont think he sees any incentive to help seb and as seen at monza its the last thing on his mind

Ed Harley
11th September 2018, 08:49
I thought the Sauber part was a joke but

https://twitter.com/SauberF1Team/status/1039429717009596417

If only they would name the team to Alfa Romeo.

mwk360
11th September 2018, 08:50
Leclerc confirmed

:-D im soooo happy right now

nani_s23
11th September 2018, 08:52
I can see two things in bringing Leclerc to ferrari:

1) if Leclerc, delivers expected results more than Kimi it will benefit ferrari in long-term & WCC
2) this move is to make vettel alert or discomfort him. Next year not to make any mistakes else Leclerc would outshine him.

Christopher
11th September 2018, 08:59
No matter what you think about Kimi he's won a WDC and has been a great driver for the team over the years but the time was right for a change and I hope he gets a nice send off and I wish him good luck at Sauber

mwk360
11th September 2018, 09:02
best possible outcome imo, kimi gets to drive and ferrari gets some fresh blood

jgonzalesm6
11th September 2018, 09:04
best possible outcome imo, kimi gets to drive and ferrari gets some fresh blood

True, with Kimi's development at Alfa, we could see him fight with Ricci(Renault) and Max. LeClerc was getting the current car in the top 10 during quali and race.

mwk360
11th September 2018, 09:09
True, with Kimi's development at Alfa, we could see him fight with Ricci(Renault) and Max. LeClerc was getting the current car in the top 10 during quali and race.

Indeed, will be really interesting to see how much faster kimi is than M.E and if he can make the jump into q3's hopefully ferrari's PU next year is a beast too, does kimi keep his engineer that he always had trouble understanding?

jgonzalesm6
11th September 2018, 09:12
does kimi keep his engineer that he always had trouble understanding?

We might here of some moves in weeks to come with engineers.

arno
11th September 2018, 09:21
I'm glad that Kimi stays in the family. He seems pretty content, too, that's not too bad.
Hopefully he will have a strong car next year and I believe he will understand that the team & Vettel needs his full support for the rest of the season.

stefa
11th September 2018, 09:25
I am glad Ferrari finaly realised that young fresh blood is needed!

ChrisFerrari
11th September 2018, 09:27
LOL Kimi will stay in the role of a backup, in case Charles messes things up next year. Thats the only reason I can see for Kimi to stay. Huge pressure on Charles, he knows he has to deliver otherwise gets demoted to Sauber again.

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 09:41
LOL Kimi will stay in the role of a backup, in case Charles messes things up next year. Thats the only reason I can see for Kimi to stay. Huge pressure on Charles, he knows he has to deliver otherwise gets demoted to Sauber again.

If that is the case, then it is very clever from Ferrari. And must be enormous pressure what Leclerc has, but he seems to be much more mature than his age suggests.

WRX202
11th September 2018, 09:41

Nah... AlfaSauber is a Ferrari B team. Having Kimi there will be an unofficial 4 car testing season come 2019 for Ferrari. ;) They have the engines, some staff might follow Kimi to Sauber too so let's see. F1 heads already mentioned they are keeping a close eye on team alliances. Ironic if you ask me coz the timing seems to come right after Mercs' B Team ForceIndia was sold and yet people still claim FIA is all out to help Ferrari.

Hornet
11th September 2018, 09:42
With a world title to his name, I thought Kimi would have easily call it a day and do something else like rally or so on.
Instead of driving around in the mid field.

Anyway I wish him all the best.

aroutis
11th September 2018, 09:53
This is most exciting news.
A great send off to Kimi to a family team, and also (finally) Leclerc confirmed to the Scuderia.

It's exactly what the team needs, bold moves, as I don't exactly remember when was the last time we put a young gun behind the wheels of a red car.

As for those that ask if Kimi is going to "behave" for the last races, I am pretty sure he will be driving and supporting Seb just fine as I am pretty sure that part of his salary at Sauber is going to be paid by Ferrari.

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 09:53

512 TR
11th September 2018, 10:27
Thank you for everything Kimi Räikkönen!

Please, Kimi, stay motivated and focused until the last lap of this season. Please.

Liscia
11th September 2018, 10:34
Dear Kimi, many thanks and please keep the faith champ!

Lega Verde
11th September 2018, 10:48
Thank you for everything Kimi Räikkönen!

Please, Kimi, stay motivated and focused until the last lap of this season. Please.

I am sure he will. Otherwise he wouldn't sign the Sauber deal. He loves his racing.

Ed Harley
11th September 2018, 10:48
https://is.mediadelivery.fi/img/1440/bdd9fb56e4234925a9fa2e88f22cd77c.jpg

IulianFerrari
11th September 2018, 11:11
Should have told him before, so he could go to McLaren.

bondilad
11th September 2018, 11:12
In a way sad to see him go but equally excited to see leclerc in a Ferrari mixing with the big boys. 2019 is gonna be exciting.

Kimi also played a major part in bringing Ferrari to where it is today. So a very very big thank you to Kimi.

Greig
11th September 2018, 11:14
Should have told him before, so he could go to McLaren.

I dobut this was decided over night and Kimi would have been aware of what was happening and his team speaking to other teams.

McLaren would expect him to do a lot more "extra" work than Sauber will I imagine.

IulianFerrari
11th September 2018, 11:21
I dobut this was decided over night and Kimi would have been aware of what was happening and his team speaking to other teams.

McLaren would expect him to do a lot more "extra" work than Sauber will I imagine.

I would think so, as McLaren would have given a lot more "extra" cash.

Lega Verde
11th September 2018, 11:22

I agree. I also think Sauber will be as competitive as McLaren if not better. McLaren is in ruins.

Lega Verde
11th September 2018, 11:25

McLaren is making heavy losses at the moment. They are selling their assets right and left.
https://www.racefans.net/2018/09/06/mclaren-200m-nidala-investment-cover-cost-honda-f1-split/

IulianFerrari
11th September 2018, 11:30
McLaren is making heavy losses at the moment. They are selling their assets right and left.
https://www.racefans.net/2018/09/06/mclaren-200m-nidala-investment-cover-cost-honda-f1-split/

McLaren made an offer for Ricciardo, considering he was asking 20 mil a year. Also keep in mind they are paying Fred a lot more than that right now. I am sure they would have had the money.

tifosi1993
11th September 2018, 12:12
Well he won't achieve anything driving in the midfield. He should retire and leave the seat for young drivers.

Greig
11th September 2018, 12:14

I doubt Kimi needs a little bit extra money for the extra work McLaren would want, plus Sauber is closer to home.

Giallo 550
11th September 2018, 12:16
Kiitos, Kimi.

Lega Verde
11th September 2018, 12:22
Well he won't achieve anything driving in the midfield. He should retire and leave the seat for young drivers.

F1 fans and Liberty Media don't agree. One of the most popular drivers on the grid and now with Alonso gone his importance is even bigger.

458 Italia
11th September 2018, 12:27
Kimi is leaving? Sorry I was taking a sshhhhhh stool movement.

WS6TransAm01
11th September 2018, 12:29
I'm in mourning...

If the seat at Ferrari isn't there anymore, Kimi should have retired. Going to Sauber and "battling" for 10th place is undignified of a Champion. Leave that to Alonso, Kimi is better than that.

tifosi1993
11th September 2018, 12:35
F1 fans and Liberty Media don't agree. One of the most popular drivers on the grid and now with Alonso gone his importance is even bigger.

Yes, good news for Raikkonen and his fans I guess....but not good for the future of the sport.

Ed Harley
11th September 2018, 12:54
It does not surprise me that people do not see this anything more than a desperate attempt to continue his F1 career.

I think there is more to it than that ie. Scuderia Ferrari asked him to participate in the project to improve this Ferrari B-team.

Greig
11th September 2018, 13:28
It does not surprise me that people do not see this anything more than a desperate attempt to continue his F1 career.

I think there is more to it than that ie. Scuderia Ferrari asked him to participate in the project to improve this Ferrari B-team.

Yeah maybe he will spend so much time at the factory and working on the simulator to assist.....

Ed Harley
11th September 2018, 14:18
OK, what a silly idea from me.

aquaria
11th September 2018, 14:32
From his IG post I think he's pretty happy about his future. Sauber seems to have big ambitions for the future, Kimi will be their #1 driver and he can certainly help a lot with their development. Plus he stays closely connected with Ferrari.

I wish him all the best for his next two seasons and I'm thankful that he contributed to two WCC titles during his tenure in Ferrari so far. And of course, I'm glad that his only title came with us, in one of the most thrilling seasons ever back in 2007.

Cheers, Kimi!

mwk360
11th September 2018, 14:50
actually Team wall during races might be better in Sauber lol (j.k), Word is that M.E is not guaranteed a seat either, so maybe Gio has a slight chance to join in 2019, seeing haas more likely keeping there drivers, Williams going with Russel/ocon & Sergey, F.I going with Perez and Stroll, The final pieces of silly season is falling into place. big question mark on T.R.

Lega Verde
11th September 2018, 15:20
actually Team wall during races might be better in Sauber lol (j.k), Word is that M.E is not guaranteed a seat either, so maybe Gio has a slight chance to join in 2019, seeing haas more likely keeping there drivers, Williams going with Russel/ocon & Sergey, F.I going with Perez and Stroll, The final pieces of silly season is falling into place. big question mark on T.R.

The main shareholders of Sauber are Swedish billionaires through Swiss investment company. Bad news for Giovinazzi unless Fiat-Chrysler (or somebody else) will bought them out.

WRX202
11th September 2018, 17:38
The main shareholders of Sauber are Swedish billionaires through Swiss investment company. Bad news for Giovinazzi unless Fiat-Chrysler (or somebody else) will bought them out.

not really bad news: Italian Media reporting Giovinazzi will team up with Kimi as of 2019 with an official seat.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/retroscena-raikkonen-diventera-ambasciatore-alfa-romeo-e-salira-sulla-sauber-di-ericsson/3175037/?nrt=54

Stormsearcher
11th September 2018, 17:54
This is most exciting news.
A great send off to Kimi to a family team, and also (finally) Leclerc confirmed to the Scuderia.

It's exactly what the team needs, bold moves, as I don't exactly remember when was the last time we put a young gun behind the wheels of a red car.

As for those that ask if Kimi is going to "behave" for the last races, I am pretty sure he will be driving and supporting Seb just fine as I am pretty sure that part of his salary at Sauber is going to be paid by Ferrari.

His entire salary is currently being paid by Ferrari. Didnt seem to make a difference to him.

Stormsearcher
11th September 2018, 17:59
Leclerc has already shown he is an exceptional talent and this works very well for the team. This isnt a great thing for LeClerc though.
He has been pulled in to be Sebs b***h, seeing as kimi was not playing along.
If he turns out to be faster than Seb, what happens then? Would he be allowed to race Vettel? I think not.

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 18:07
Leclerc has already shown he is an exceptional talent and this works very well for the team. This isnt a great thing for LeClerc though.
He has been pulled in to be Sebs b***h, seeing as kimi was not playing along.
If he turns out to be faster than Seb, what happens then? Would he be allowed to race Vettel? I think not.

IMO it is a different time now in Ferrari than it was in Montezemolo`s time. i do believe that this new era is more like it used to be, racing with out team orders.
Montezemolo did say after Monza: We did use team orders and we did well.
It is like saying, "we did rape this sport, I think Arrivabene and Co should rape this sport too."

Just my opinion.

Stormsearcher
11th September 2018, 18:15
IMO it is a different time now in Ferrari than it was in Montezemolo`s time. i do believe that this new era is more like it used to be, racing with out team orders.
It is like saying, "we did rape this sport, I think Arrivabene and Co should rape this sport too."

Just my opinion.

Arrivabene and co are trying hard. Dont be fooled. Kimi just didnt play along.
It'll be back to normal once leclerc is in. That said, its a winning formula. This is more of a business than a sport now. So i dont blame the team. In the end we want to win.

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 18:20
IMO they have been talking inside the team, that there won`t be any team orders, that is why Kimi wanted to hear that they are not keeping their words. Just guessing.

https://www.givemesport.com/1358286-kimi-raikkonen-had-an-awkward-radio-exchange-with-ferrari-in-german-grand-prix

aroutis
11th September 2018, 18:48

Just my opinion.This sport is all bout team orders. Always was and will be.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ed Harley
11th September 2018, 18:49
Arrivabene and co are trying hard. Dont be fooled. Kimi just didnt play along.
It'll be back to normal once leclerc is in. That said, its a winning formula. This is more of a business than a sport now. So i dont blame the team. In the end we want to win.
Didn't play along in what way?

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 18:56
This sport is all bout team orders. Always was and will be.

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/20403700/ferrari-team-orders-best-man-win-number-one-two

killer
11th September 2018, 23:08
Thank you, Kimi. All the best at Sauber-Alfa.

wacc
12th September 2018, 05:49
Oh, I was having an off from the world of F1 to heal my tifoso soul but this is a big big News.

Kimi has shown that he is still fast but once again he couldnt get it together to win a race. He should retire with Scuderia Ferrari IMHO but to return to Sauber at the end isnt bad either.

Leclerc has been outstanding from gp2 till Now so it was just a matter of time. Looking forward to see him racing in all red!

Odesláno z mého Redmi Note 4 pomocí Tapatalk

CurdaNeta
12th September 2018, 06:02
I read that Kimi also shares ownership of Sauber and that is one of the reasons to move there and maybe get a bigger role in the future (team manager or something like that). Just read it as a comment on other forum.

Ed Harley
12th September 2018, 06:11
There are such speculations about possible ownership but they appear to be just speculations.

Brembo
12th September 2018, 07:01
I have to believe Shumy Jr's dream of having a Rubens 2, behind him; has now come true. I wish the best to Leclerc and just hope he's allowed to somewhat drive to win. He knows the good felling from his successful time in F2.

racingbradley
12th September 2018, 08:05
not really bad news: Italian Media reporting Giovinazzi will team up with Kimi as of 2019 with an official seat.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/retroscena-raikkonen-diventera-ambasciatore-alfa-romeo-e-salira-sulla-sauber-di-ericsson/3175037/?nrt=54

Great news if it's true and it all makes sense. What a team mate to have for Giovinazzi!!!!!
Kimi will be straight with him as he's not ego driven.
But it could be wishful thinking on the part of the Italian media. I guess we will find out soon :-D

Brembo
12th September 2018, 10:41
Great news if it's true and it all makes sense. What a team mate to have for Giovinazzi!!!!!
But it could be wishful thinking on the part of the Italian media. I guess we will find out soon :-D

Great news for sure! I hope it's for real.

Giallo 550
12th September 2018, 11:40

I really hope this is true. Leclerc and Giovinazzi appear to be the future Ferrari lineup.

Rishu
12th September 2018, 12:00
Not very impressed with Giovinazzi during whatever FP runs he was given, probably not a fair assessment with quality of cars & limited time given. Hopefully he’ll do a full season & we shall see

tifosi1993
12th September 2018, 12:27
I really hope this is true. Leclerc and Giovinazzi appear to be the future Ferrari lineup.

I'd prefer Leclerc-Verstappen lineup.

wisepie
13th September 2018, 08:11
Grazie mille Kimi as our last champion in 2007, and I am quite happy that he's staying in F1 at Sauber but I'm surprised he is prepared to accept that switch with Charles. Hopefully we'll get GIO as Kimi's team-mate, this is a new approach from Ferrari and its customer teams and I hope it all works out.:thumb

bondilad
13th September 2018, 08:19
Looks like Gioviazzi might partner kimi next year.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/653267/Giovinazzi_on_pole_for_second_Sauber_seat/

mwk360
13th September 2018, 09:39
Looks like Gioviazzi might partner kimi next year.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/653267/Giovinazzi_on_pole_for_second_Sauber_seat/
Seems more like hopeful speaking on behalf of italian media Imo

if his contract ends in 2021, i dont know how long he would be willing to wait, the only other alternatives is to go to TR. If Kimi and M.E is retained he has to decide how much longer he will be willing to wait, kimi might extend till his 50 and M.E is tied to Sauber

Ed Harley
13th September 2018, 11:46
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138669/raikkonen-only-started-sauber-talks-at-monza

Ed Harley
13th September 2018, 11:48
https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/1040179296864587781

mwk360
14th September 2018, 08:28
If Gio goes to sauber and kvyat goes to TR, ferrari have zero young/jnr/test/sim drivers??? or am i forgetting someone

Ed Harley
14th September 2018, 09:26
Apparently there will not be any ties with Ferrari after this season.

Was surprised to hear today that Sauber signing Kimi had nothing to do with Ferrari. So Ferrari still might want to claim a seat at Sauber and give it to their junior driver Giovinazzi. So Ericsson is not safe at all for 2019.

I was told Sauber is paying his salary, which is of course a lot less than what he got at Ferrari. No engine discount. Ferrari not paying anything. Maybe Alfa Romeo PR duties will cost extra.

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1040283932049080320

WRX202
14th September 2018, 09:51
No wonder Leclerc landed the Ferrari seat. Just found out his manager is Nicholas TODT, yeah the son of Jean Todt... Kid has some solid backing in Ferrari.

Hornet
14th September 2018, 14:29
I don't understand where people get the idea that Sauber is Ferrari's B-team

Kimi will have absolutely nothing to do with Ferrari come next year... just like Jean Todt is now, lol

barzini77
14th September 2018, 14:42
Apparently Kimi found out on Thursday before Monza GP that there will be no new contract with Ferrari and made the deal with Sauber without Ferrari's help.

Ed Harley
14th September 2018, 15:11
Alfa Romeo sponsorship, Ferrari engines, Simone Resta's move From Ferrari to Sauber do hint something.

If there are no connections between these two outfits then there is no synergy either.

chinmay
14th September 2018, 15:16
Apparently Kimi found out on Thursday before Monza GP that there will be no new contract with Ferrari and made the deal with Sauber without Ferrari's help.

That explains why Kimi was in no mood of helping Seb despite locking up his tyres badly in the first corner itself.

jgonzalesm6
14th September 2018, 15:17
Kimi is at Alfa-Sauber just in case LeClerc does'nt work out.......IMO.

LeClerc wlll be under alot of pressure in the big boys seat for a 19yo.

Ed Harley
14th September 2018, 15:29
If Kimi has himself contacted Sauber and made the contract wihout Ferrari involvement then I see no 'reserve' aspect in the situation.

CL will do just fine and KR's services are no longer needed.

Greig
14th September 2018, 15:41

Good, we don't need him "just in case"

Let Leclerc get on with it......

tifosi1993
14th September 2018, 16:23

Ferrari have given Kimi more than enough slack for years of horrible performances so no reason why they wouldn't to Leclerc

jgonzalesm6
14th September 2018, 17:38
Ferrari have given Kimi more than enough slack for years of horrible performances so no reason why they wouldn't to Leclerc

So Ferrari F1 has made cars that are on par with Mercedes......interesting. It's 100% Kimi's fault for "horrible" performances all these years....really???

He's been 3rd or 4th place all these years....someone has to 1st and 2nd while playing 2nd fiddle.

Now since we have THEE car for 2018 Kimi is 3rd, for the moment while playing 2nd fiddle AND using old components AND set the fastest lap in F1 history at the "Mecca" of F1 tracks. Horrible indeed.:roll

Stormsearcher
14th September 2018, 17:55

Kimis days are done. At least at Ferrari. Strangely it has happened when he has actually been performing well. I would have thought we would sacked him in 2016 itself.
As for LeClerc, i think the boy will surprise everyone. He seems to have a mature head on his shoulders and his speed is unquestionable. Seeing as Max is prone to self destruct, i think the future heros of the sport are LeClerc and Gasly.

jgonzalesm6
14th September 2018, 17:57
I bet next year we will see a more jovial Kimi. Kimi and Alfa-Sauber will be "loving-life" for 2019.

Ferrari will have their work cut out for them in 2019.

Stormsearcher
14th September 2018, 17:58
I bet next year we will see a more jovial Kimi. Kimi and Alfa-Sauber will be "loving-life" for 2019.

Might actually be better for Kimi. Remember how he was at Renault before joining Ferrari again?
The ferrari atm, is the best car out there. The merc team seem to be struggling to find answers. I dont see why next year will be much different.
So, no. I think we are ok for next year.

jgonzalesm6
14th September 2018, 18:01
Kimis days are done. At least at Ferrari. Strangely it has happened when he has actually been performing well. I would have thought we would sacked him in 2016 itself.

Kimi "performs well" when THEE car is performing well. The engineers, aerodynamacists, and quality control have delivered for 2018...so far.

Greig
14th September 2018, 18:03

Yeah I suppose Kimi will be more happy just turning up to run for a 1 point or maybe 2 then going home....

Not quite sure what the Ferrari comment means, are you suggesting we should be worried about Sauber, or getting rid of Kimi? lol

jgonzalesm6
14th September 2018, 18:04
So, no. I think we are ok for next year.

Oh sure, THEE car will be fine or "okay" next year. That's not what I was referring too.

jgonzalesm6
14th September 2018, 18:06
Yeah I suppose Kimi will be more happy just turning up to run for a 1 point or maybe 2 then going home....

Not quite sure what the Ferrari comment means, are you suggesting we should be worried about Sauber, or getting rid of Kimi? lol

Ha ha, you're quite the joke-ster Greig!! Your funny.

Greig
14th September 2018, 18:07
Ha ha, you're quite the joke-ster Greig!! Your funny.

So what are you trying to suggest?

Why has Ferrari got their work cut out for 2019?

jgonzalesm6
14th September 2018, 18:12
So what are you trying to suggest?

Why has Ferrari got their work cut out for 2019?

If you can't figure that out, then I am sorry....but it's a culmination of issues BUT I will say this; it's not the car. Have a nice day Greig.

Greig
14th September 2018, 18:14
If you can't figure that out, then I am sorry....but it's a culmination of issues BUT I will say this; it's not the car. Have a nice day Greig.

Ferrari won't have their work cut out in 2019

See anyone can post something without any sort of facts and then expect others to just accept it.....

So do you want to tell us why Ferrari will have their work cut out? what issues are going to culminate for 2019? maybe if you post them now we can inform the team and we can stop it from happening haha

tifosi1993
14th September 2018, 18:49
So Ferrari F1 has made cars that are on par with Mercedes......interesting.

Well...yeah.

It's 100% Kimi's fault for "horrible" performances all these years....really???

Yes. 93 races without a win and he has been driving one of the best cars for over 3 seasons now and has little to show for it.

He's been 3rd or 4th place all these years....someone has to 1st and 2nd while playing 2nd fiddle.

It takes a special kind of talent to finish outside the top 4 in a cars like SF70-H/SF71-H under normal circumstances. And 226 vs 164...say's it all really.

Now since we have THEE car for 2018 Kimi is 3rd, for the moment while playing 2nd fiddle AND using old components AND set the fastest lap in F1 history at the "Mecca" of F1 tracks. Horrible indeed.:roll

And? you do realize that Sunday is the most important day of a race weekend. "And set the fastest lap in F1 history", it must be weird to follow F1 with such a slanted perspective.

jgonzalesm6
14th September 2018, 18:57
Well...yeah.

Yes. 93 races without a win and he has been driving one of the best cars for over 3 seasons now and has little to show for it.

It takes a special kind of talent to finish outside the top 4 in a cars like SF70-H/SF71-H under normal circumstances. And 226 vs 164...say's it all really.

And? you do realize that Sunday is the most important day of a race weekend. "And set the fastest lap in F1 history", it must be weird to follow F1 with such a slanted perspective.

Well then, I guess that settles it. A #2 needs to fight the #1. It really must be weird to have such a slanted perspective.

And just so you know, Ferrari F1 have not made (until the models you mentioned of which the former had reliability issues) an F1car on par with Mercedes.

tifosi1993
14th September 2018, 19:05
Well then, I guess that settles it. A #2 needs to fight the #1. It really must be weird to have such a slanted perspective.

Exactly. #2 Ferrari needs to beat #1 Mercedes.

jgonzalesm6
14th September 2018, 19:12
Exactly. #2 Ferrari needs to beat #1 Mercedes.

Oh really?? And here I thought a #1 was supposed to fight a #1.

Not gonna happen currently re: a #2 beating a #1 from the opposing team....especially with older components.

Or better yet, in Ferrari's case, the #1 is fighting with himself while the other #1 waits patiently and tactfully.

tifosi1993
14th September 2018, 19:19

Not gonna happen currently re: a #2 beating a #1 from the opposing team....especially with older components.

Or better yet, in Ferrari's case, the #1 is fighting with himself while the other #1 waits patiently and tactfully.

And Mercedes #1 has a wingman to support him unlike Ferrari #1.

And unfortunately for Vettel he has to fight both Mercedes #1 and #2. 93 races without a win, must be because of older components. :lol

Jakke74
14th September 2018, 19:23

No no, you don’t understand what tifosi1993 means: #2 ferrari you must fight #1 mercedes, not #1ferrari. And then when you don’t win you are s#*t driver.

jgonzalesm6
14th September 2018, 19:27
And Mercedes #1 has a wingman to support him unlike Ferrari #1.

And unfortunately for Vettel he has to fight both Mercedes #1 and #2. 93 races without a win, must be because of older components. :lol

Yeah, Mercedes wingman is currently 4th place while Ferrari's wingman is 3rd.

Ferrari's #1 would not be in the predicament he is in currently without those "minor" (as some put it) mistakes. He would be in the lead; but whats done is done. Always next year to improve.....right.

You do realize Kimi is on a different strategy than Seb.....in every race....yes?

Module
14th September 2018, 19:41
It is very surprising how little respect and mostly slander Kimi gets in this forum. In past 40 years only two drivers have brought WDC to Ferrari, Kimi and Schumacher. From Ferrari fans you would expect something else.

Both team and him gets :furious for Monza even thou Maurizzio has many times stressed that a team order is impossible in the start.

Some wrote in glee how cold the notification from Ferrari was about his departure like it would prove a point, even thou Arrivabene stresses how they broke with protocol to make a more respectful announcement to show their appreciation of Kimi. Kimi has apparently been a very big part of the team you say you support but there seems to be total lack of willingness to recognize it

It's unbelievable how much **** some people lay on the team, on management and on the drivers. What do you support if you disrespect everybody you know from the team? The red color, or the name? Because it sure doesn't seem to be the persons making up that team

Here the press conference with arrivabene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=cftOh6TA2Yc

Cheeseman
14th September 2018, 19:43
Glad to see the back of Kimi. He has the odd moment of brilliance but generally about as much use a catflap on a submarine. It's about time Ferrari takes a leap with a young talent like Leclerc instead of signing another ex-champion. Charles has been way ahead of Ericsson all season. He is clearly a big talent and deserves a chance

tifosi1993
14th September 2018, 19:46
Yeah, Mercedes wingman is currently 4th place while Ferrari's wingman is 3rd.

Ferrari's #1 would not be in the predicament he is in currently without those "minor" (as some put it) mistakes. He would be in the lead; but whats done is done. Always next year to improve.....right.

"Always next year to improve", of course. Because unlike Vettel/Leclerc, Raikkonen already at an age that most drivers experience fairly rapid fall off and even when he was closer to his prime in 2014 he still massively struggled.

This is Kimi's last year at Ferrari & he's not coming back. You can be as salty as you like but it's not gonna change the fact.

Jakke74
14th September 2018, 20:06
This is Kimi's last year at Ferrari & he's not coming back. You can be as salty as you like but it's not gonna change the fact.

Who mention anything with Kimi’s comeback? You can hate him as much as you wan’t, but he is still latest ferrari champion and will be one of ferrari champions forever and nothing gonna change that fact.

IulianFerrari
14th September 2018, 20:21
Glad to see the back of Kimi. He has the odd moment of brilliance but generally about as much use a catflap on a submarine. It's about time Ferrari takes a leap with a young talent like Leclerc instead of signing another ex-champion. Charles has been way ahead of Ericsson all season. He is clearly a big talent and deserves a chance

Mighty Ericsson, think about all the rookie teammates he beat...

tifosi1993
14th September 2018, 20:26
Who mention anything with Kimi’s comeback?

You can hate him as much as you wan’t, but he is still latest ferrari champion and will be one of ferrari champions forever and nothing gonna change that fact.

You can save this quote and use it every weekend. But the fact is Kimi has done absolutely nothing since coming back to Ferrari. He's incapable of turning it around, so Ferrari signed Leclerc who is showing all the signs of the type of young talent that goes onto become a champion.

And no, I don't hate Raikkonen. Hate is personal, criticism is not.

jgonzalesm6
14th September 2018, 20:26
"Always next year to improve", of course. Because unlike Vettel/Leclerc, Raikkonen already at an age that most drivers experience fairly rapid fall off and even when he was closer to his prime in 2014 he still massively struggled.

What's Vettel excuse then??? Since 2014 & over 100 races and no title since you put it that way.

Cheeseman
14th September 2018, 20:32
Slowest and most overpaid champion for sure. Mclaren handed him the 07 championship with their internal team war. 08 and 09 Massa easily beat him for a lot less money. End of 09 Ferrari had to pay him silly money to make way for Alonso. Kimi did a couple of decent races for Renault and someone at Ferrari thought they should have him back, gawd knows why :roll Every team mate at Ferrari has beaten him regularly. I'm glad they are going with Leclerc, with Kimi it's just more of the same

Cheeseman
14th September 2018, 20:48
Mighty Ericsson, think about all the rookie teammates he beat...

About as many team mates Kimi beat at Ferrari

Greig
14th September 2018, 21:09

Some people are not taking it too well I guess, oh well Ferrari will now fall apart cause Kimi is going to Sauber, we better watch out as Kimi will be "jovial" next year.

Greig
14th September 2018, 21:10
What's Vettel excuse then??? Since 2014 & over 100 races and no title since you put it that way.

Attacking Vettel cause your guy Kimi is leaving is certainly the way to approach this :-)

Brembo
15th September 2018, 04:28
Slowest and most overpaid champion for sure. Mclaren handed him the 07 championship with their internal team war. 08 and 09 Massa easily beat him for a lot less money. End of 09 Ferrari had to pay him silly money to make way for Alonso. Kimi did a couple of decent races for Renault and someone at Ferrari thought they should have him back, gawd knows why :roll Every team mate at Ferrari has beaten him regularly. I'm glad they are going with Leclerc, with Kimi it's just more of the same

More of " the same", following team orders agreeing to be #2 driver to let the likes of Shumy Jr. hold the #1 spot. Whereas Shumy Jr. isn't doing the #1 job too well. "gawd" knew he would follow the Ferrari trend. gawd help Leclerc when he finds out he's only repacing Kimi in that order. I only wish Leclerc will be a Max driver and play to win!

Stormy
15th September 2018, 04:45

How come Massa beat Kimi in 09 when Massa missed half the season :rotfl

Kimi was pretty decent in Lotus, no one should argue against that. He destroyed Grosjean after having a 2 year hiatus. But of course, his prime was in McLaren and not Ferrari. He could've been a 2 time champion if the Mercedes wasn't that unreliable in 2005.

Arcana
15th September 2018, 08:10
How come Massa beat Kimi in 09 when Massa missed half the season :rotfl

Kimi was pretty decent in Lotus, no one should argue against that. He destroyed Grosjean after having a 2 year hiatus. But of course, his prime was in McLaren and not Ferrari. He could've been a 2 time champion if the Mercedes wasn't that unreliable in 2005.

3 times WDC if the Fiararri didn't force Michelin to change their tire construction to handle Schumacher just another championship. They should have offered a fair chance at a WDC to a young driver but I guess Ferrari were too "big" to let that happen.

Anyways, strictly on topic speaking, Kimi of 2003-2005 won't come back and the decision to replace him was right. Next year we'll see if Leclerc was the right choice or not.

Cheeseman
15th September 2018, 17:53
More of " the same", following team orders agreeing to be #2 driver to let the likes of Shumy Jr. hold the #1 spot. Whereas Shumy Jr. isn't doing the #1 job too well. "gawd" knew he would follow the Ferrari trend. gawd help Leclerc when he finds out he's only repacing Kimi in that order. I only wish Leclerc will be a Max driver and play to win!

Bless, the grapes are sour indeed :lol

Brembo
16th September 2018, 08:33
Seb will get over the sour grapes as soon as he gets back on the path to pole,win. Have faith in our guy, he now has the car to do it ! Especially knowing that come 2019 he has to be #1 for real. Leclerc looks pretty for real already

mhmalik
18th September 2018, 11:11
Can someone post this article here? Thank you

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature/8505/the-full-story-of-raikkonen-shock-sauber-switch

barzini77
18th September 2018, 19:53
Wow, what a thread. Greig & loyal companions making this yet another let's bash Kimi-thread. You just can't help yourselves can't you?
Class, none.

I understand that you guys want a new driver because Kimi can't win the championship for Ferrari and Leclerc will most likely win in the future. Ff he keeps his form from lower classes, and why wouldn't he? Exciting times for Scuderia Ferrari.

You could still show some class towards a Ferrari driver, who will always be a legend for the team - even when he finally is on his way out from the team.
But I guess that is too much asked. As the POTUS would say: "SAD!".

WS6TransAm01
18th September 2018, 20:51
Charles will have less points next year than Kimi will end this year with. There, I said it. :thumb

Greig
18th September 2018, 21:22
Charles will win more races next year than Kimi has since he returned to Ferrari....

IulianFerrari
18th September 2018, 22:44
The last two comments are just suppositions.

FerrariF60
19th September 2018, 02:01
Charles will win more races next year than Kimi has since he returned to Ferrari....

NOT if he has to play second fiddle to Seb......aka being #2 driver to Seb just like Kimi was

Brembo
19th September 2018, 05:23
I read where the German is anxious for Leclerc to be his teammate and teach and help him any way he can. Leclerc for sure will need to learn how to be a #2 driver and move over no matter what he thinks he can do if in the lead. Real driving wise, he already earned the seat @ Ferrari. He should demand Kimi's same pay, to do the same driving.
Seb will teach Charles the word " Ferrarista!:rotfl

WS6TransAm01
19th September 2018, 14:54

The only way Charles wins is if Seb DNF's

SilverSpeed
19th September 2018, 18:01
I don't think so, we don't have a number 2 driver anymore in 2019 guys wake up.

aroutis
20th September 2018, 06:21

And here I am thinking it was a team effort that handed him the WDC. Oh my stars.

aroutis
20th September 2018, 06:25

The only way this happens is if he does not become #2 to Seb .
I don't see that happening.

jgonzalesm6
20th September 2018, 06:35

Careful Brembo, someone might think you're holding Max "legendary"..............:roll. Shame on you comparing Max to LeClerc!!!

Charles will have less points next year than Kimi will end this year with. There, I said it. :thumb

Probability is high.

The only way Charles wins is if Seb DNF's

yep...#number2driver

what he said

Brembo
20th September 2018, 10:41
OK I wll be careful.

Kingdom Hearts
20th September 2018, 15:24
I don't think so, we don't have a number 2 driver anymore in 2019 guys wake up.

You don't remember any race form this year when Kimi was ordered to let Vettel pass?.

Giallo 550
20th September 2018, 17:01
I understand that you guys want a new driver because Kimi can't win the championship for Ferrari and Leclerc will most likely win in the future. If he keeps his form from lower classes, and why wouldn't he? Exciting times for Scuderia Ferrari.

You could still show some class towards a Ferrari driver, who will always be a legend for the team - even when he finally is on his way out from the team.

As someone who is happy with Ferrari's choice, I agree wholeheartedly.

Greig
20th September 2018, 17:39

So Charles won't win a single race.....oh ok then well if that is true it won't be cause he is no2 will be cause the car is not good enough. Even Massa won races against MS......but if you think that lowly of Charles then so be it, can't wait till I remind you of this next season.

Maybe Seb needs to be more worried about Charles than some of you seem to think which is great for Ferrari not so great for you fans who think he is a no2 and nothing more I guess :-D

WS6TransAm01
20th September 2018, 19:35
So Charles won't win a single race.....oh ok then well if that is true it won't be cause he is no2 will be cause the car is not good enough. Even Massa won races against MS......but if you think that lowly of Charles then so be it, can't wait till I remind you of this next season.

Maybe Seb needs to be more worried about Charles than some of you seem to think which is great for Ferrari not so great for you fans who think he is a no2 and nothing more I guess :-D

Charles is a great driver, and when Vettel retires he may be winning races. Yes, I get the point, Massa against MS. In Turkey MS lost position to Alonso because of a stacked pit stop during the SC period. In Brazil MS didn't get a run in Q3 and got a puncture in the race. In a fair fight Massa would not have been allowed to beat MS, even if he could have.

I stand by my statement, Charles will not win a race unless Seb is somehow unable to win otherwise.

Greig
20th September 2018, 21:14
Charles is a great driver, and when Vettel retires he may be winning races. Yes, I get the point, Massa against MS. In Turkey MS lost position to Alonso because of a stacked pit stop during the SC period. In Brazil MS didn't get a run in Q3 and got a puncture in the race. In a fair fight Massa would not have been allowed to beat MS, even if he could have.

I stand by my statement, Charles will not win a race unless Seb is somehow unable to win otherwise.

Charles will win on his own merit, Seb really is not all THAT great, he is beatable.

Noquarter
20th September 2018, 23:04
Charles will win on his own merit, Seb really is not all THAT great, he is beatable.

Riccardo showed it perfectly. He also had no experience in the top team and totally destroyed Vettel. From the first to the last race. Charles, I do not think he'll be worse than Daniel.

FerrariF60
20th September 2018, 23:44
Riccardo showed it perfectly. He also had no experience in the top team and totally destroyed Vettel. From the first to the last race. Charles, I do not think he'll be worse than Daniel.

lol.....if seb's gonna be destroyed by Charles next season....man on man, Seb's gonna have the most miserable TWO years at ferrari.....or is just one more year for him in his contract???

Rishu
21st September 2018, 05:41
lol.....if seb's gonna be destroyed by Charles next season....man on man, Seb's gonna have the most miserable TWO years at ferrari.....or is just one more year for him in his contract???

I don’t think Seb will be ‘destroyed’. The car is good & Seb we all know can extract good pace from it. RedBull 2014 was a tough car and some talents like Dani, Alonso & Hamilton have ability to extract more from a poor car.

Having said all this, I do not think Charles is here to move over or win if Vettel has issues, he in my strong opinion is here to win championships.

jgonzalesm6
21st September 2018, 06:03
I do not think Charles is here to move over or win if Vettel has issues, he in my strong opinion is here to win championships.

+1

Seb is Ferrari's #1 for 2019. Eventually and in time, Cbarles will be their #1.

Brembo
21st September 2018, 10:04
Charles 2019 @ Ferrari will surely due what he can for WCC. As far as him doing his best and all he can for a WDC , it will be up to how the team appoints him as far as #1,#2 driver. I only hope the first few races they both are equal which will give Charles his chance to show what he has.

WS6TransAm01
21st September 2018, 12:00

I didn't say he isn't beatable, I just see team orders in effect. Just like Kimi had to give way in Germany.

Rishu
21st September 2018, 14:02
I didn't say he isn't beatable, I just see team orders in effect. Just like Kimi had to give way in Germany.

Ferrari is always reluctant to give team orders unlike Mercedes where Bottas is second driver right from Australia. Leclerc will be only given instructions if he lands in that situation, but that’s an if I’m not willing to bet upon

Greig
21st September 2018, 17:39

Yet they let Kimi stay ahead in Austria? Kimi was on a different strategy in Germany not really a team order as such.

IulianFerrari
22nd September 2018, 05:28
On a more fun note:
When Ricciardo, Raikkonen queued for the toilet…
https://www.planetf1.com/news/when-ricciardo-and-raikkonen-queued-for-the-toilet/

aroutis
22nd September 2018, 07:01

Maybe Seb needs to be more worried about Charles than some of you seem to think which is great for Ferrari not so great for you fans who think he is a no2 and nothing more I guess :-DSeb wants to win a wdc especially after this year and especially if he loses it the way this goes down.
So yes the way this goes Leclerc as a new driver is going to be asked to be a support driver and not push Seb but be a new Reubens.
He might win but that will happen when Seb will be safe with WDC.

aroutis
22nd September 2018, 07:01

I stand by my statement, Charles will not win a race unless Seb is somehow unable to win otherwise.That!

aroutis
22nd September 2018, 07:03
Charles will win on his own merit, Seb really is not all THAT great, he is beatable.Seb is what Ferrari choses him to be just like every other driver before him. And at the moment he is the face of Ferrari in F1.

Brembo
22nd September 2018, 08:20
Seb is what Ferrari choses him to be just like every other driver before him. And at the moment he is the face of Ferrari in F1.

Ferrari chose the German to beat Lewis just as they would any other top driver they had before him. What is the current face of Ferrari waiting for? Dan had to take a hike because of his team mate being allowed to and did out race him and IMO except for the car vs. Merc, Ferrari he would be Lewis' worst enemy. Possibly; he already is!

Rishu
22nd September 2018, 08:28
Seb is what Ferrari choses him to be just like every other driver before him. And at the moment he is the face of Ferrari in F1.

I don’t think & I don’t hope Ferrari is that stupid. If they see Leclerc has potential to win races & maybe even title ahead of Vettel, then why not back him instead of some pre conceived notion about your hero’s prodigy

evo_spook
22nd September 2018, 13:48
I don’t think & I don’t hope Ferrari is that stupid. If they see Leclerc has potential to win races & maybe even title ahead of Vettel, then why not back him instead of some pre conceived notion about your hero’s prodigy

Surly depends on the outcome of this year. If he fails to win the championship his stock might be lower and it is up to Charles to make an impression and prove he isn’t a number 2.

IulianFerrari
22nd September 2018, 14:47
Sauber boosted by Raikkonen’s return
Date published: September 22 2018

Sauber boosted by Kimi Raikkonen's return
Kimi Raikkonen may not be a Sauber man yet but already the team is feeling the effects of his upcoming return.

Sauber announced earlier this month that Raikkonen would be joining the team next season having signed a two-year race deal.

The Finn, who made his F1 debut with Sauber back in 2001, is already have a positive impact on the team.

“He has the reputation to be a very good technician, with very strong feedback,” Sauber F1 team principal Fred Vasseur told Motorsport.com.

“Probably when you are 450 people it’s more important to have this kind of guy than when you are two or three times bigger.
“We need to have a strong leader on the driver side. He has very strong feedback, and he’s probably one of the best, or the best.”

Vasseur believes Raikkonen’s soon-to-be-return has galvanized all the people working for Sauber.

“The reaction in the factory was huge.

“It’s a huge push to consider that someone like Kimi could join the project, that he trusts the team, he trusts everybody in the team.

“It’s giving you self-confidence – ‘The guy in front of me, who is a World Champion, is considering that I can do a good job, so full push.’

“I was in the design office when we issued internally the email saying that Kimi will join and the reaction was, ‘Wow!'”

However, it is not just in the factory where it is being felt.

Sauber, backed by Alfa Romeo, is also seeing a lot of interest from sponsors who want to be associated with the Raikkonen name.

“The announcement of Kimi was a huge push also in terms of marketing.

“I think we will discover the impact of Kimi’s situation week after week. On the grid he’ll be with one of the three world champions next year, with Seb and Lewis, and he has a huge impact.

“We are receiving offers from every single area, from sponsors, it’s a very strange feeling. I probably even underestimated the impact. I’m not a big fan of the social media, but I think it’s a huge thing.”
“Kimi was a bit unexpected 12 months ago, but 12 months ago we were absolutely nowhere.

“I couldn’t imagine that I will convince Kimi to join the team! But thanks to everybody in the company, because we made a good improvement. I think Kimi will enjoy racing with us.”

jgonzalesm6
22nd September 2018, 16:33
Sauber boosted by Raikkonen’s return
Date published: September 22 2018

Sauber boosted by Kimi Raikkonen's return
Kimi Raikkonen may not be a Sauber man yet but already the team is feeling the effects of his upcoming return.

Sauber announced earlier this month that Raikkonen would be joining the team next season having signed a two-year race deal.

The Finn, who made his F1 debut with Sauber back in 2001, is already have a positive impact on the team.

“He has the reputation to be a very good technician, with very strong feedback,” Sauber F1 team principal Fred Vasseur told Motorsport.com.

“Probably when you are 450 people it’s more important to have this kind of guy than when you are two or three times bigger.
“We need to have a strong leader on the driver side. He has very strong feedback, and he’s probably one of the best, or the best.”

Vasseur believes Raikkonen’s soon-to-be-return has galvanized all the people working for Sauber.

“The reaction in the factory was huge.

“It’s a huge push to consider that someone like Kimi could join the project, that he trusts the team, he trusts everybody in the team.

“It’s giving you self-confidence – ‘The guy in front of me, who is a World Champion, is considering that I can do a good job, so full push.’

“I was in the design office when we issued internally the email saying that Kimi will join and the reaction was, ‘Wow!'”

However, it is not just in the factory where it is being felt.

Sauber, backed by Alfa Romeo, is also seeing a lot of interest from sponsors who want to be associated with the Raikkonen name.

“The announcement of Kimi was a huge push also in terms of marketing.

“I think we will discover the impact of Kimi’s situation week after week. On the grid he’ll be with one of the three world champions next year, with Seb and Lewis, and he has a huge impact.

“We are receiving offers from every single area, from sponsors, it’s a very strange feeling. I probably even underestimated the impact. I’m not a big fan of the social media, but I think it’s a huge thing.”
“Kimi was a bit unexpected 12 months ago, but 12 months ago we were absolutely nowhere.

“I couldn’t imagine that I will convince Kimi to join the team! But thanks to everybody in the company, because we made a good improvement. I think Kimi will enjoy racing with us.”

Cool. Fun times and great times for Kimi and the Alfa-Sauber team! 8-)

Greig
22nd September 2018, 17:28
Seb wants to win a wdc especially after this year and especially if he loses it the way this goes down.
So yes the way this goes Leclerc as a new driver is going to be asked to be a support driver and not push Seb but be a new Reubens.
He might win but that will happen when Seb will be safe with WDC.

haha why would they tell Charles not to push him? LOL does not matter what Seb wants, he is not Ferrari??? or is he bigger than the team now in your mind?

mwk360
22nd September 2018, 20:02
Sauber supposedly will take a huge step in 2019 which is what they have been saying for months, kimi and M.E might be best of the rest position if all the development works out

Brembo
23rd September 2018, 04:53
Sauber supposedly will take a huge step in 2019 which is what they have been saying for months, kimi and M.E might be best of the rest position if all the development works out

Your forgetting about Max.

tifosi1993
23rd September 2018, 08:46

I believe the signing of Leclerc signals the end of Ferrari's one-eyed support of Vettel. Vettel has failed to maximize points this year and if he doesn't win the WDC....I doubt he will get the same levels of support from within Ferrari as he does now.

IulianFerrari
23rd September 2018, 10:54
I believe the signing of Leclerc signals the end of Ferrari's one-eyed support of Vettel. Vettel has failed to maximize points this year and if he doesn't win the WDC....I doubt he will get the same levels of support from within Ferrari as he does now.

That might be the case, but can really Leclerc challenge him? We forget sometimes how fast Seb is and how challenging it is at the top. Nobody would pay tens of millions a year for a driver, if the data and telemetry doesn't show he is faster than the others.

aroutis
23rd September 2018, 11:03
haha why would they tell Charles not to push him? LOL does not matter what Seb wants, he is not Ferrari??? or is he bigger than the team now in your mind?

You only have to look at the salary they're paying him.

And since you ask me, no , I don't believe he's bigger than the team.
And if he cannot deliver, he should see the door just like others before him.

But right now, this is what it will happen in my opinion.

Of course if it does not it will be a pleasant surprise.

aroutis
23rd September 2018, 11:04
I really hope it is.
I also hope we see Charles pushing Vettel to the limits.
And who knows, we might even see Charles performing better than Seb and Seb being a wingman to him.

jgonzalesm6
25th September 2018, 13:28
So GIO and RAI for 2018.....Ericsson will be reserve driver. Nice.

GIO in his early days. His family has future aspirations?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dn8S6hCW0AAavEI.jpg

mwk360
25th September 2018, 15:48
Would be crazy big if Gio can match kimi or even beat him next year, big opportunity for Gio which i hope he succeeds in, if ME is still test/reserve driver, Gio needs to perform within the year or i feel Sauber might want to try M.E again

Rishu
25th September 2018, 16:00
Early to say but I think Raikkonen will be ahead by a decent margin

wisepie
25th September 2018, 16:23
So GIO and RAI for 2018.....Ericsson will be reserve driver. Nice.

GIO in his early days. His family has future aspirations?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dn8S6hCW0AAavEI.jpg

I'm really happy about GIO getting the seat beside Kimi and to have an Italian driver with a Ferrari engine back on the grid. I feel sorry for ERI, though, he has been improving this season, probably the Charles effect was helping him! He will still be with the team but I hope GIO can deliver the goods.:thumb

Giallo 550
25th September 2018, 17:47
I'm really happy about GIO getting the seat beside Kimi and to have an Italian driver with a Ferrari engine back on the grid. I feel sorry for ERI, though, he has been improving this season, probably the Charles effect was helping him! He will still be with the team but I hope GIO can deliver the goods.:thumb

I actually think Ericsson is underrated and no worse than Stroll or Sirotikin. A lot of people were going on about Kobayashi and Ericsson outperformed him at Caterham.

Brembo
26th September 2018, 06:51
What a great opportunity for Gio to get the F1 seat alongside Kimi who for sure will do right by him. Not starting in a top car will give him plenty of mid track experience and mix it up with top to bottom drivers. When Gio gets the "Blessing" of a Ferrari seat , he will be ready to give himself and the team 100 % !! BTW only a fool of a fan will even think of Gio trying to out perform Kimi esp. 1st yr. 1st. seat. Just watching him progress will be exciting.
Meanwhile Leclerc up top @ Ferrari, I hope will race every race to win.

Giallo 550
26th September 2018, 11:48
BTW only a fool of a fan will even think of Gio trying to out perform Kimi esp. 1st yr. 1st. seat.

I think he will be able to keep up with Raikkonen after he has a three or four races under his belt. :Hmm

Stormy
26th September 2018, 14:11
I think he will be able to keep up with Raikkonen after he has a three or four races under his belt. :Hmm

I don't know, too early to tell. Gio hasn't proved anything so far in F1 so way too early to speculate. Let's wait and see.

aquaria
26th September 2018, 14:15
I'd expect Kimi to do quite better than Gio, somewhere until mid-season. I think Gio will have a period of adjustment and learning until then, then afterwards I expect him to up his game and hold his own in races.

But who knows, we might get surprised right from the start.

Giallo 550
26th September 2018, 14:16
I don't know, too early to tell. Gio hasn't proved anything so far in F1 so way too early to speculate. Let's wait and see.

I agree it's too early. It's just a feeling. It seems that Ferrari really believes in their Academy and I have to think they're much better at scouting young talent then they are at selecting tires.

One thing's for sure, it's exciting to be able to cheer for two seasoned drivers and two young upstarters that are all affiliated with Ferrari. I do want to see our young drivers do well, because they are believed to be the future, which is exactly why Leclerc was promoted.

jgonzalesm6
26th September 2018, 14:57

It's gonna be interesting how he does in FP1.

KimiBot
26th September 2018, 16:19
He has few of those, but he was fast in tests, so I believe he will be fine.

https://f1.latestcrash.com/drivers/antonio-giovinazzi/

Giallo 550
26th September 2018, 17:05
He has few of those, but he was fast in tests, so I believe he will be fine.

https://f1.latestcrash.com/drivers/antonio-giovinazzi/

I agree. I think that's typical of rookies. They're trying to go as fast as possible while simultaneously finding the limits of the car.

Brembo
27th September 2018, 04:15

As early as it is for Gio, he proved in F1; he's good enough to get a seat in F1. No waiting to see, he's in! I wonder if he will do as good as Stool? :rotfl I wish him the best ! He's got Ferrari on his mind 24/7.

IulianFerrari
25th October 2018, 00:15
The way RBR screw up Ricciardo is just pathetic. Wonder if it was the same when Seb left in his last season with the team. I'm glad that Ferrari is showing a bit of class with Kimi, but he is moving to Sauber, wonder if they would have done the same if Kimi joined RBR for example...

Rishu
25th October 2018, 02:20
The way RBR screw up Ricciardo is just pathetic. Wonder if it was the same when Seb left in his last season with the team. I'm glad that Ferrari is showing a bit of class with Kimi, but he is moving to Sauber, wonder if they would have done the same if Kimi joined RBR for example...

Ricciardo screw up is still better than the way they screw up Webber to make Vettel win. I mean taking off Webber’s front wing when Vettel crashed was just hilarious

Brembo
25th October 2018, 06:56
Ricciardo screw up is still better than the way they screw up Webber to make Vettel win. I mean taking off Webber’s front wing when Vettel crashed was just hilarious

Wow! I forgot about that! Now 2018 , the driving counts big. The track is filled with talent.

aroutis
25th October 2018, 08:44

I don' t think it would make a difference TBH.

DelMar
25th October 2018, 13:20
:))) Vettel did not crash, the new fell off.

Secondly, it was Webber playing the victim card:

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/161787/1/webber-never-liked-new-wing-claims-engineer

' ... Whilst the air has since been cleared and all sides insist the focus has been firmly switched to this weekend's fast-approaching German Grand Prix at Hockenheim, a 'senior engineer' from the energy drinks-backed outfit has stirred the waters once more by admitting that he was 'very surprised' at Webber's public outburst, explaining that it was only Vettel who 'immediately' liked the new wing in practice.

"Throughout the period when he used the new wing, he (Webber) complained that it did not work any better than the old one," the unnamed engineer told Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat. "Mark simply did not get a good feeling with it, but when there was only one left, Mark absolutely wanted to have it.

"He did not care about it at all when we still had two new wings. We believe that the team management's decision was well-reasoned and logical." '

jgonzalesm6
25th October 2018, 13:25

RedBull has been putting "all their marbles" on Max since Max joined RedBull; Horner too. Max is the future for RedBull. I can't blame DR for leaving RedBull.

jgonzalesm6
25th October 2018, 13:59

Now, RP Force India (name change coming up in 2019) leaving Ocon on sabbatical for Stroll.......that's Paaaaaathetic! I bet they loose pts and construction $$$$$$ in 2019 when compared to 2018 and 2017.

IulianFerrari
25th October 2018, 16:00
Now, RP Force India (name change coming up in 2019) leaving Ocon on sabbatical for Stroll.......that's Paaaaaathetic! I bet they loose pts and construction $$$$$$ in 2019 when compared to 2018 and 2017.

They are keeping Ocon until the end of the season and giving him all the best they have, which is not what I can say about RBR. Ocon is better than Stroll but let's not talk like we are losing another Schumacher from the grid. Frankly I don't care if Ocon stays in F1 or goes, especially him being a Mercedes driver.

Brembo
25th October 2018, 16:15
RedBull has been putting "all their marbles" on Max since Max joined RedBull; Horner too. Max is the future for RedBull. I can't blame DR for leaving RedBull.

Very true, who can blame R Bull for recognizing Max as #1 for them?