PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Charles Leclerc

Pages : [1] 2

Greig
11th September 2018, 08:48
Dreams do come true.....hope he delivers as expected.

Pretty brave by Ferrari lets hope its a great success.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

mizf1
11th September 2018, 08:50

First time in their history they took a risk with a driver this young, good luck to both of them

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138634/leclerc-seals-ferrari-seat-in-place-of-raikkonen

Rishu
11th September 2018, 08:51
Very brave from the team, I hope it pays off

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 08:53
Very brave from the team, I hope it pays off

Exactly.

Riccardog
11th September 2018, 08:53
Congratulations Charles!
here's a warm welcome to the Scuderia with HIGH hopes for your future!!!! :-)

and with a touch of sadness, (because in my view Kimi has always been an excellent and The most likeable driver Ever in F1), a warm goodbye to Kimi, with wishes for a Good future at Sauber!

mwk360
11th September 2018, 08:55

:pray

jgonzalesm6
11th September 2018, 08:57
I'm sure there'll be some bumps and stumbles along the way but its a learning curve.

Does this make LeClerc the youngest driver to ever join Ferrari??

Ricardo Rodriguez was 19yo & 213days.

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 08:58
https://twitter.com/Charles_Leclerc

nani_s23
11th September 2018, 09:01
All the best Leclerc..!! Hope you deliver it & make the team proud.

Ferrari coming off with different philosophy from past couple of years, which did brought SF71H. In similar way, hope this move too bring lot of surprises & glories to ferrari.

Rob
11th September 2018, 09:01
Good warm welcome Charles. Great move brave move by Ferrari. Its about time this happened. If it worked for Mclaren RBR in past, why not for us.

Dreams do come true, he has one of the best mentors.

Hornet
11th September 2018, 09:38
Since the time when Bianchi was around, I've always thought that Ferrari should foster a young talent alongside an experience lead driver.

I'm glad we are doing this now. I hope Leclerc will continue to improve, and is a future Ferrari champion someday.

WRX202
11th September 2018, 09:45
I'm curious to see what will happen of Giovinazzi. An italian driver which is just as quick is a dream for all Italian Ferrari Supporters. Rumours going around that he might partner with Kimi at Sauber next year....

see where it's heading? Leclerc / Giovinazzi after Vettel/Kimi era...

arno
11th September 2018, 09:46
Bienvenue Charles!

I find him, as a person, a lot like Jules...
Very likable, nice character.

Hopefully a bright future awaits for you :ferrarifl

aroutis
11th September 2018, 09:55
He is a humble and likable character and also quite talented and as far as I can tell he loves what he does.

Welcome to the team Charles, exciting times lie ahead !

FerrariSteve
11th September 2018, 10:11
Superb news indeed! Welcome Charles! :thumb

Enjoy this years title Lewis.. it's going to be your last one. :wave

Schumir9
11th September 2018, 10:16
Welcome future champ! Boy I'm excited about his duels with mad max!

Rishu
11th September 2018, 10:19
Yeah, Charles v Max, this will be the future rivalry, mouth watering

Ed Harley
11th September 2018, 10:24
Welcome new #2.

Rishu
11th September 2018, 10:28
Same was expected from Ricciardo in 2014, only time will tell

512 TR
11th September 2018, 10:29
Welcome Charles Leclerc!

So, Charles scores a permanent Ferrari seat one year quicker than Jean Alesi did into his Formula 1 career. That's a record in modern times.

dfunk257
11th September 2018, 10:30
Brave move and i hope it pays off. Its gonna be interesting to see what happens if he can beat Seb.

Liscia
11th September 2018, 10:31
The best of luck to him and I hope he lives up to all expectations!

Riccardog
11th September 2018, 10:32
Welcome new #2.

WOW Ed.....:-!

Giallo 550
11th September 2018, 10:39
Welcome to Ferrari, Charles! You’ve made your father and Jules so proud.

Vittorio
11th September 2018, 10:40
I am very, very happy with this decision by the Scuderia - and pleasantly surprised too. :-);-)

This is no doubt a homage to the vision and strategic nous of Sergio Marchionne - all power to him and his memory and all power to the Ferrari board for having decided to honour his wishes and go for Leclerc.

I am genuinely sorry to see Kimi go - he was a character and will forever be an important part of the Scuderia's heritage.

But new blood was needed in Ferrari and I think strategically this is the correct choice.

It is my sincere hope that he eventually gives Vettel one hell of a run for his money. Sebastian needs that.

I just hope that Ferrari continues to be a team that takes risks, thinks out of the box and stops reverting to a conservative. 'safe' approach. It's the only way we are going to win championships.

Bienvenue Charles! :thumb

prancing horse
11th September 2018, 10:48
Good move.
Sad to say but Kimi is over the hill.
Had he won in Monza he may still be in. But Monza proved sadly he has lost it.

Lega Verde
11th September 2018, 10:50
Good move.

I don't think so. The deal was done way ahead Monza.

Welcome Charles! I am sure you will bring great results. Should Ferrari be as impressive as this year WCC isn't out of your reach as soon as 2019.

Ed Harley
11th September 2018, 10:51
Good move.
Good luck with the strategy calls in 2019.

Greig
11th September 2018, 11:12
Good luck with the strategy calls in 2019.

Sauber forums will be glad to have you for 2019 :-)

Alfaholic
11th September 2018, 11:30
Welcome Charles, I'm very happy with this news. Go get 'em.....

nani_s23
11th September 2018, 11:34

:rotfl

jpalmito
11th September 2018, 11:35
Welcome Charles , you are the real deal !
Ferrari 2019 line up is stronger than the Mercedes one .
Bottas the wingman won't perform anymore because he is mentally weakened by Mercedes team policy.

IulianFerrari
11th September 2018, 11:48
Welcome Charles , you are the real deal !
Ferrari 2019 line up is stronger than the Mercedes one .
Bottas the wingman won't perform anymore because he is mentally weakened by Mercedes team policy.

Bottas is mentally what now?

tifosi1993
11th September 2018, 12:01
Finally its official. Welcome to the greatest F1 team Charles.

458 Italia
11th September 2018, 12:30
Welcome!

Hopefully now Charles is in the team we might look towards Mick as one for the future :pray

WS6TransAm01
11th September 2018, 12:34
Let's hope it's better than when Max went to RBR and became the human wrecking ball for a two seasons.

aroutis
11th September 2018, 12:44
Good move.

Monza was a big tactical mistake, blame falls upon whoever is in charge of strategy.
Kimi has no blame in that race.

Ed Harley
11th September 2018, 12:48
Nothing wrong to be welcome at least somewhere.

Ed Harley
11th September 2018, 12:49
Bottas is mentally what now?
French?

aquaria
11th September 2018, 14:27
I've followed Charles ever since his GP3/F2 days. His sublime driving skills never left me any doubt that he would join Ferrari one day. But the thing that always intrigued me so much about him is his life story. His godfather was Jules, another member of our driving academy. And, the fact that he lost his father four days before winning at Baku last year.

Through all of that, he always stated how Ferrari is his biggest dream, but he always stayed humble and down to the ground. He won GP3 and F2 in his first seasons there, he proved himself in tests and simulations last year, and this year in Sauber he's been doing great with what he has. And now his dream became a reality, and I already can't wait to see him in that red gear next year in Melbourne. I firmly believe that he's ready for this and that he'll give 110% of his ability on the track to make our beloved Ferrari move and stay on the top again.

Jules and his Papa would be so proud of him, so there's only one more thing left to say... Allez Charles & forza Ferrari! :ferrarifl

Giallo 550
11th September 2018, 14:37
I've followed Charles ever since his GP3/F2 days. His sublime driving skills never left me any doubt that he would join Ferrari one day. But the thing that always intrigued me so much about him is his life story. His godfather was Jules, another member of our driving academy. And, the fact that he lost his father four days before winning at Baku last year.

Through all of that, he always stated how Ferrari is his biggest dream, but he always stayed humble and down to the ground. He won GP3 and F2 in his first seasons there, he proved himself in tests and simulations last year, and this year in Sauber he's been doing great with what he has. And now his dream became a reality, and I already can't wait to see him in that red gear next year in Melbourne. I firmly believe that he's ready for this and that he'll give 110% of his ability on the track to make our beloved Ferrari move and stay on the top again.

Jules and his Papa would be so proud of him, so there's only one more thing left to say... Allez Charles & forza Ferrari! :ferrarifl

Exactly.

mwk360
11th September 2018, 14:47
Feel really happy for leclerc, he is so humble in general. IMHO not any other driver better that could/should replace Kimi besides C.Leclerc

mwk360
11th September 2018, 14:51
Welcome!

Hopefully now Charles is in the team we might look towards Mick as one for the future :pray

sadly it looks like he is associated with mercedes and will be groomed towards those cars :-s

barzini77
11th September 2018, 14:58
Nothing wrong to be welcome at least somewhere.

As we saw in Monza, real Tifosis love their champ.

Congratulations to Charles! He sure is fast and seems very likeable young man, will be cheering for him next year! I hope he can bring Ferrari the WDC,

Christopher
11th September 2018, 15:18
sadly it looks like he is associated with mercedes and will be groomed towards those cars :-s

He should stay away from Merc they ruined Wehrlein's career and are going to ruin Ocon's and Russell's if he comes to Ferrari then he could take Kimi's seat at Sauber in a few years

Michal2_F1
11th September 2018, 15:28
Good luck Charles, a great person and a great driver. He should be very proud of himself! Hopefully many championships await!

ChrisFerrari
11th September 2018, 16:09
Great addition but I would never expect him to perform like some people think he would.
Next year is going to be the learning year, hopefully without (m)any mistakes. The immense pressure that Ferrari drivers get
for driving this iconic team might prove to be a bit much for him. Just ask Sebastian.. Nevertheless, good luck Charles,
and lets hope this forum will not have erupted by this time next year with anger but with joy and pride.

KimiBot
11th September 2018, 17:01
I hope Lec gets a good start first few races, ahead Bottas is enough, if he can do better than that, then it is a bonus.

jgonzalesm6
11th September 2018, 17:34
Good move.

So retire and sit on a couch OR drive an F1 car and help develop Ferrari's B team whom is just down the road and still earn millions AND still be in the Ferrari family.........

That's a no brainer for me!!

SilverSpeed
11th September 2018, 18:26
Ferrari breaks tradition wow nice!

Welcome to the family Charles!!!

Greig
11th September 2018, 19:20
So retire and sit on a couch OR drive an F1 car and help develop Ferrari's B team whom is just down the road and still earn millions AND still be in the Ferrari family.........

Kimi has not shown to develop much in his time at Ferrari, doubt he will suddenly turn into MS etc at Sauber.

Fiatrari
11th September 2018, 19:47
Kimi has not shown to develop much in his time at Ferrari, doubt he will suddenly turn into MS etc at Sauber.

And you as a Ferrari team insider know what Kimi has done for the team, right?

IulianFerrari
11th September 2018, 19:49

Mattia Binotto just said both drivers helped a lot in developing the progress that Ferrari made in the last few years.

Lega Verde
11th September 2018, 19:50

Is that inside information?

The Ferrari F1 is in pretty good shape though. The results are not bad.

Ed Harley
11th September 2018, 19:51
Mattia Binotto just said both drivers helped a lot in developing the progress that Ferrari made in the last few years.
Shhhh...

Jakke74
11th September 2018, 19:54

MA may have seen somenthing what you haven’t.

”During these years, Kimi’s contribution to the Team, both as a driver and on account of his human qualities, has been fundamental. He played a decisive role in the team’s growth and was, at the same time, always a great team player.”

Greig
11th September 2018, 20:33

And they also said Alonso was a nice guy to work with.... :-D

Kimi could not even be bothered to test.....

Module
11th September 2018, 20:40

Anderson can absolutely not be said to like Kimi, and in this video he says that there are several experienced engineers in the paddock that believe he is the guy to follow to improve the car. From 1.55 in the video.

But obviously they dont have the inside information that you have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9e2BqG4zLk

tifosi1993
11th September 2018, 20:42

”During these years, Kimi’s contribution to the Team, both as a driver and on account of his human qualities, has been fundamental. He played a decisive role in the team’s growth and was, at the same time, always a great team player.”

PR talk. Today's wind tunnels and CFD's will simulate/evaluate the best solutions within the rules set by the FIA. The extent as to which a driver has input into car development has been overestimated, they can only find the limits and use it as efficiently as possible. True greats have always been fast in whatever car they drove.

Maybe you guys should read Newey's recent book. According to Newey, back in the day drivers were helpful in describing the symptoms of easier found problems.But due to the technology available, it doesn't matter anymore. Telemetry can tell them much more.

Module
11th September 2018, 20:47
PR talk. Today's wind tunnels and CFD's will simulate/evaluate the best solutions within the rules set by the FIA. The extent as to which a driver has input into car development has been overestimated, they can only find the limits and use it as efficiently as possible. True greats have always been fast in whatever car they drove.

Maybe you guys should read Newey's recent book. According to Newey, back in the day drivers were helpful in describing the symptoms of easier found problems.But due to the technology available, it doesn't matter anymore. Telemetry can tell them much more.

That's why they dont test any new parts at the tracks anymore for driver feedback?

And Newey does not actualy say that, he compares today when things can be simulated to times this wasn't as much an option.

Fiatrari
11th September 2018, 20:56

Maybe Kimi has read Newey’s book :thumb

FerrariSteve
11th September 2018, 21:13

No noo.. don't say that! Don't want him anywhere near that vile team. Charles and Mick driving for Ferrari in 2020 please!

Greig
11th September 2018, 21:33
Anderson can absolutely not be said to like Kimi, and in this video he says that there are several experienced engineers in the paddock that believe he is the guy to follow to improve the car. From 1.55 in the video.

But obviously they dont have the inside information that you have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9e2BqG4zLk

Anderson, yeah cause he get's things right all the time LOL

But I suppose Kimi is so good at developing a car we have won multiple WCC and WDC with his time with us.....oh wait.

killer
11th September 2018, 22:56
Even given the comeback we've so far mounted, it still feels like we've nothing to lose. Bold move by the Team and I hope we reap benefits immediately. If he gets a quick car under him next season then it's fair to expect Charles to deliver from the get go. He got called up and it's his responsibility to be ready.

Welcome to the greatest Formula 1 team in history, Charles. Make us proud.

jgonzalesm6
12th September 2018, 00:58
Even given the comeback we've so far mounted, it still feels like we've nothing to lose. Bold move by the Team and I hope we reap benefits immediately. If he gets a quick car under him next season then it's fair to expect Charles to deliver from the get go. He got called up and it's his responsibility to be ready.

We have THE car already and WE WILL have THE car next year. It's up to the rest of the team currently and the new team next year including the people behind the pits. THE CAR IS NOT THE ISSUE and won't be next year.

IulianFerrari
12th September 2018, 05:30

They let Seb test so he can get used to new parts and have more track time, just like he had the new parts put on his car first sometimes. After all he is our nr 1 driver.

Brembo
12th September 2018, 07:21

For sure the greatest Ferrari drivers ever. Let's hope for the best!! I'm sure Leclerc is ready to race in Red!

mwk360
12th September 2018, 08:45
No noo.. don't say that! Don't want him anywhere near that vile team. Charles and Mick driving for Ferrari in 2020 please!

feel the same! ugh dont want him near wolff and co. theres rumors about redbull buying out mick's contract with mercedes management currently

jgonzalesm6
12th September 2018, 08:56
But I suppose Kimi is so good at developing a car we have won multiple WCC and WDC with his time with us.....oh wait.

As opposed to who? Seb??? Oh wait.......

They let Seb test so he can get used to new parts and have more track time, just like he had the new parts put on his car first sometimes. After all he is our nr 1 driver.

Exactly!!!!

mwk360
12th September 2018, 10:25
feel the same! ugh dont want him near wolff and co. theres rumors about redbull buying out mick's contract with mercedes management currently

Red Bull have DENIED any contact with Mick Schumacher to Autobild.

Helmut Marko: "He's not on our list and we have zero contact with him."

ChrisFerrari
12th September 2018, 15:02
I know its F2 but still... this kid can be something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh2wAbEJ7c4

bondilad
12th September 2018, 15:14
I know its F2 but still... this kid can be something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh2wAbEJ7c4

You might enjoy this clip. Abu dhabi 2017.

https://youtu.be/inOAyOeAP5g

Greig
12th September 2018, 15:16
As opposed to who? Seb??? Oh wait.......

Exactly!!!!Who mentioned Vettel?

Jakke74
12th September 2018, 16:43

Can’t you read, or don’t you understand what you read? Where on those two post anyone say nothing for car development? Or other way, could you tell how you push team better results in windtunnel?

jgonzalesm6
12th September 2018, 17:14

Who mentioned MS????

Greig
12th September 2018, 17:28
Who mentioned MS????

I did....so you believe Kimi is the one who pushes Ferrari forward.....hahahahaha

tifosi1993
12th September 2018, 17:32

And you as a Ferrari team insider know what Kimi has done for the team, right?

Is that inside information?

The Ferrari F1 is in pretty good shape though. The results are not bad.

Shhhh...

Can’t you read, or don’t you understand what you read? Where on those two post anyone say nothing for car development? Or other way, could you tell how you push team better results in windtunnel?

No everyone buys into "Kimi develops F1 car". And which part of my post you don't understand?

ChrisFerrari
12th September 2018, 17:50
You might enjoy this clip. Abu dhabi 2017.

https://youtu.be/inOAyOeAP5g

Thank you!:thumb I did enjoy the video, this kid's aggressiveness and skills remind me of the best. Late breakings though, like the one he did there, will not suffice, his race would have been over in F1.

jgonzalesm6
12th September 2018, 18:02
I did....so you believe Kimi is the one who pushes Ferrari forward.....hahahahaha

Nope, you did'nt read my post.

I said he "helps" in developing the car. As in he "aids" in deveolping the car.

Get it??? You're reading way too much into this.

IulianFerrari
12th September 2018, 22:13
Nope, you did'nt read my post.

I said he "helps" in developing the car. As in he "aids" in deveolping the car.

Get it??? You're reading way too much into this.

Greg is on one of his way of the course remarks, it happens sometimes. He just has to win an argument. Doesn't look like he is winning this one. He does know plenty about F1, but when your premise is wrong, there aren't a lot of places you can go. He sure tries though...

Giallo 550
12th September 2018, 22:33
Greg is on one of his way of the course remarks, it happens sometimes. He just has to win an argument. Doesn't look like he is winning this one. He does know plenty about F1, but when your premise is wrong, there aren't a lot of places you can go. He sure tries though...

Especially when it has to do with Kimi. :-D

Jakke74
13th September 2018, 04:16
No everyone buys into "Kimi develops F1 car".

Yeah, you clearly dont’t understand...

Greig
13th September 2018, 05:09

I doubt many could argue that Kimi does not have a turn up and drive attitude.....he is not the guy who will spend hours in the simulator.

IulianFerrari
13th September 2018, 05:20
I doubt many could argue that Kimi does not have a turn up and drive attitude.....he is not the guy who will spend hours in the simulator.

Not talking about the simulator, drivers help developing the car more on race weekend, as many times what you do in the simulator and what you get on race day is different. Here is an article about how current Renault line-up help develop the car.

Renault F1 drivers making 2018 car development 'much easier'
By Scott Mitchell, Valentin Khorounzhiy
@ScottAutosport , @vkhorounzhiy
Published on Tuesday April 24th 2018

Nico Hulkenberg and Carlos Sainz have made Renault's Formula 1 car development "much easier" by being "completely aligned" in their feedback, according to the team's chief technical officer Bob Bell.

The drivers are in their first full season as F1 team-mates, with Hulkenberg arriving from Force India ahead of the 2017 season and Sainz joining from Toro Rosso midway through last year.

Hulkenberg has enjoyed a markedly stronger start to 2018, outqualifying Sainz three times and outscoring him 22-3 in the standings - but Bell says both drivers have been a huge asset to the development of the RS18.

"They are brilliant, those two," Bell said. "They are completely aligned about what they say about the car - and it's not because it's some sort of conspiracy!

"The car has got some obvious faults which they pick up on and tell us race after race, and they are completely aligned.

"A lot of those faults are common up and down the pitlane, nervous entries, mid-corner understeer and lack of traction on the exit.

"Some teams have got it more than others, the traits are quite similar, I suspect.

"The drivers are great, aligned on the issues of the car and that makes our jobs much easier. It's been a real pleasure to work with both of them."

When Bell's comments were put to Hulkenberg by Autosport, the German said: "Yeah, we seem to want the same thing from the car.

"That's good, both drivers asking for the same sort of thing, giving the same sort of feedback, makes it easier for the team to tackle the problems."

wisepie
13th September 2018, 08:02
This will be a new era for Ferrari with a bright young talent hopefully taking the Scuderia to new heights. I'm not so sure Seb will be relishing the challenge and how the rest of this season pans out will be interesting, Kimi may not want to be too helpful as we saw at Monza. I hope Giovinazzi doesn't lose out by Kimi's move, but for sure team orders at Ferrari for the rest of the season will be necessary, even if Kimi takes no notice! And a very warm welcome to Charles for 2019, I was hoping this would happen.:thumb

Ferrarichamp
13th September 2018, 08:09
Hopefully Charles' arrival will motivate Seb even more. I'd better win the title this year before that whippersnapper starts beating me :-D

jgonzalesm6
13th September 2018, 08:40

It all started with Kimi "helping" develop Alfa-Sauber's F1 car. Kimi has way more experience in develpment than their current drivers. That's all I was trying to say.....that's it!!! Nothing having to do with Ferrari for 2019.

mwk360
13th September 2018, 09:34
This will be a new era for Ferrari with a bright young talent hopefully taking the Scuderia to new heights. I'm not so sure Seb will be relishing the challenge and how the rest of this season pans out will be interesting, Kimi may not want to be too helpful as we saw at Monza. I hope Giovinazzi doesn't lose out by Kimi's move, but for sure team orders at Ferrari for the rest of the season will be necessary, even if Kimi takes no notice! And a very warm welcome to Charles for 2019, I was hoping this would happen.:thumb

100% :thumb

mwk360
13th September 2018, 09:58
Legend in the making!
https://twitter.com/F1/status/1040166515104993280

so excited for CL, really hope he can understand the car quickly and help seb out next year

IulianFerrari
13th September 2018, 10:07
It all started with Kimi "helping" develop Alfa-Sauber's F1 car. Kimi has way more experience in develpment than their current drivers. That's all I was trying to say.....that's it!!! Nothing having to do with Ferrari for 2019.

And Frederic Vasseur, Sauber CEO agrees with your statement:

"Signing Kimi Räikkönen as our driver represents an important pillar of our project, and brings us closer to our target of making significant progress as a team in the near future. Kimi’s undoubted talent and immense experience in Formula One will not only contribute to the development of our car, but will also accelerate the growth and development of our team as a whole. Together, we will start the 2019 season with a strong foundation, driven by the determination to fight for results that count."

Ed Harley
13th September 2018, 11:42
What does that Vasseur know...

Anyway, I hope that 'both teams' would release CL and KR early so that they could get familiar with their new employers and things.

aquaria
13th September 2018, 16:55
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11496727/charles-leclerc-not-expecting-to-play-sebastian-vettel-support-role

KimiBot
13th September 2018, 17:02
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11496727/charles-leclerc-not-expecting-to-play-sebastian-vettel-support-role

Cool.

"I need to deliver - I'm not going to Ferrari to learn," said Leclerc, who will become Ferrari's youngest driver since 1961.

Stormy
14th September 2018, 00:04
Unfortunately, if we don't want to destroy this kid's career we need to let him race Seb. Otherwise, his market price will go way down and he'll end up as a mediocre driver. F1 is very harsh you need to deliver from the get go when given the chance. There's no second chances in F1.

Brembo
14th September 2018, 02:59
Ferrari is going to allow Charles to race equal to Seb 2019 starting with 1st race. If Charles wins or finishes with most points after the first two or three races, that makes him the possible WDC candidate. So will Seb recognize that and move over to help Charles with his WDC chances? Ferrari will be starting 2019 without a #1,#2 driver rule. A truly amazing turnaround for Ferrari and very admirable for Seb to go along with going from #1 to equal status at the start of the season knowing every point counts for WDC whereas the combined driver points are all going for WCC .

killer
14th September 2018, 03:09
We have THE car already and WE WILL have THE car next year. It's up to the rest of the team currently and the new team next year including the people behind the pits. THE CAR IS NOT THE ISSUE and won't be next year.

Not sure how you inferred that the car is an issue this year. And about next year's: yes, one can extrapolate and factor in probability, but we will only know for sure come March.

killer
14th September 2018, 03:11
For sure the greatest Ferrari drivers ever. Let's hope for the best!! I'm sure Leclerc is ready to race in Red!

Read my post as LeClerc not having the luxury of an adjustment period--especially if he has good machinery. That's what it meant.

nani_s23
14th September 2018, 03:24
Ferrari is going to allow Charles to race equal to Seb 2019 starting with 1st race. If Charles wins or finishes with most points after the first two or three races, that makes him the possible WDC candidate. So will Seb recognize that and move over to help Charles with his WDC chances? Ferrari will be starting 2019 without a #1,#2 driver rule. A truly amazing turnaround for Ferrari and very admirable for Seb to go along with going from #1 to equal status at the start of the season knowing every point counts for WDC whereas the combined driver points are all going for WCC .

Absolutely agree with you.
I generally feel vettel will be tested next year. Charles is free to race with vettel next year. If he matches to vettel quali speed, which gives team good chance for WCC & tough time for ham for WDC from our both drivers.

KimiBot
14th September 2018, 04:09
I am not sure yet, that Charles is a superstar and beats Seb.
In Baku there were 6 DNF ahead him, when he did get that P6.
And keeping McLaren behind him, when you have Ferrari PU, is
something, that should happen.
Hopefully we can see in last 7 races something spectacular from him.

Edit: He has done well in quali, but not in races so far IMO.

nani_s23
14th September 2018, 05:12
I am not sure yet, that Charles is a superstar and beats Seb.
In Baku there were 6 DNF ahead him, when he did get that P6.
And keeping McLaren behind him, when you have Ferrari PU, is
something, that should happen.
Hopefully we can see in last 7 races something spectacular from him.

Edit: He has done well in quali, but not in races so far IMO.

There were 4 races, where he got DNF’d not of his own.
1) pit-stop wheel nut (team error)
2) 2 races where he got sandwiched between other cars n got DNF
3) Monaco (break-failure)

Apart from the above he’s been always there at top10.
If u r talking abt PU advantage, even FI & Williams have mercs PU. But still were not qualifying to their standards before summer break. FI had good aero update with mercs PU update after summer break.

About the race performance, I do think he has that skills with mixed blend of aggression, defence & desire to win.
When you have fastest car, with the above factors I think he will be a very good racer.

Brembo
14th September 2018, 05:29
I hope Charles gets a top car equal to Seb and top mechanics equal to Seb, Otherwise being equal is all a hoax. Please not Kimi's car!

Ed Harley
14th September 2018, 10:24
He'll do just fine.

KimiBot
14th September 2018, 10:24
There were 4 races, where he got DNF’d not of his own.
1) pit-stop wheel nut (team error)
2) 2 races where he got sandwiched between other cars n got DNF
3) Monaco (break-failure)

Apart from the above he’s been always there at top10.
If u r talking abt PU advantage, even FI & Williams have mercs PU. But still were not qualifying to their standards before summer break. FI had good aero update with mercs PU update after summer break.

About the race performance, I do think he has that skills with mixed blend of aggression, defence & desire to win.
When you have fastest car, with the above factors I think he will be a very good racer.

Points now Leclerc-Ericsson 13-6
8 points for Leclerc from Baku P6, and like I said, there were 6 DNF ahead him, so, he did not "drive" to that P6, it was a gift.
So, without those 8 points, points would be Leclerc-Ericsson 5-6.
Like I said, I am not so sure yet, that he is a superstar.

Giallo 550
14th September 2018, 11:35
8 points for Leclerc from Baku P6, and like I said, there were 6 DNF ahead him, so, he did not "drive" to that P6, it was a gift.

The team has the telemetry data and they believe in him. That's all that matters.

You think Baku was a gift. I think he kept his nose clean when several other more seasoned drivers didn't and achieved a good result.

KimiBot
14th September 2018, 11:42
I'm just not convinced yet. We`ll see how it goes.

mwk360
14th September 2018, 12:14
imo M.E really stepped up his game this year lol, he said so himself. so its even more impressive how CL is keeping up with a well experienced M.E

mwk360
14th September 2018, 12:19
Team Principal Maurizio Arrivabene says @Charles_Leclerc's contract with Ferrari is until 2022

kinda glad, plus i heard he doesnt really get along with max, so max might have to stick in RB for a loooong time, im happy with the seb + leclerc team too, fingers crossed it doesnt turn toxic :pray

Hornet
14th September 2018, 14:23
The team has the telemetry data and they believe in him. That's all that matters.

You think Baku was a gift. I think he kept his nose clean when several other more seasoned drivers didn't and achieved a good result.

Exactly.
You don't pick a driver by just watching them on TV.

The teams always have more information than outsiders.

Giallo 550
14th September 2018, 14:23
I would take our Ferrari boys over Red Bull's science experiment.

KimiBot
14th September 2018, 14:29
Exactly.
You don't pick a driver by just watching them on TV.

The teams always have more information than outsiders.

Yeah, all I can do is compare team mates, and it does not look so good.

Brembo
15th September 2018, 04:42
I would take our Ferrari boys over Red Bull's science experiment.

Are you comparing Max to Einstein? If science is getting Max where he is , Seb should give it a try before it's to late this season. Ferrari needs WCC !!!

Greig
15th September 2018, 06:47
Yeah, all I can do is compare team mates, and it does not look so good.

Did you do the same when Massa and Alonso were destroying Kimi?

KimiBot
15th September 2018, 08:11
Did you do the same when Massa and Alonso were destroying Kimi?

Yes, Kimi staying is not my agenda here, just don`t get it. We have a car now, and we can win everything this year and next year.
But, I cannot see that superstar that every one is talking about. And if 2019 we lose, because we change driver, just because "we have to change, to whom ever", then I am really disappointed. Like I said, I would have waited rest of the races, and see that we have a good new driver. I just cannot see that yet.

nani_s23
15th September 2018, 08:17

If the word gifted is used. Then vettel did do mistakes (gifted), so that ham is leading the WDC.
Kimi didn’t perform as expected in q3 in few quali’s. Kimi gifted couple of podiums to other drivers.

Coming into this season, did u expect Sauber to take that many points??? Given the position they r in last year.

KimiBot
15th September 2018, 08:34
If the word gifted is used. Then vettel did do mistakes (gifted), so that ham is leading the WDC.
Kimi didn’t perform as expected in q3 in few quali’s. Kimi gifted couple of podiums to other drivers.

Coming into this season, did u expect Sauber to take that many points??? Given the position they r in last year.

I think you are missing the point here. There has been 14 races, and he did score P6 and 8 points in Baku, and 6 DNF ahead him, so "success" in one race of 14, and without that Baku, he would be behind Ericsson. I was expecting, that he would wipe the floor with Ericsson.
There are many other GP2 winners that failed in F1. Of course I hope that he will deliver in 2019, I just cannot see that yet.

jgonzalesm6
15th September 2018, 08:47
Yes, Kimi staying is not my agenda here, just don`t get it. We have a car now, and we can win everything this year and next year.
But, I cannot see that superstar that every one is talking about. And if 2019 we lose, because we change driver, just because "we have to change, to whom ever", then I am really disappointed. Like I said, I would have waited rest of the races, and see that we have a good new driver. I just cannot see that yet.

I think you are missing the point here. There has been 14 races, and he did score P6 and 8 points in Baku, and 6 DNF ahead him, so "success" in one race of 14, and without that Baku, he would be behind Ericsson. I was expecting, that he would wipe the floor with Ericsson.
There are many other GP2 winners that failed in F1. Of course I hope that he will deliver in 2019, I just cannot see that yet.

It's a learning curve now for LeClerc, and it will be a learning curve for 2019 in the big boys seat going up against the "big boys." Will there be mistakes??? Absolutely. Will there be crashes with other drivers??? Absolutely; not to mention Max will let LeClerc know "he is there." Again, one of several reasons Ferrari will have "there hands full" for 2019 in a WDC contender car. Vettel will have to fend for himself for 2019 and if he has pressure now, he's gonna really have pressure in 2019 on himself since he and Ferrari will have a rookie to contend with.

Greig
15th September 2018, 09:05
It's a learning curve now for LeClerc, and it will be a learning curve for 2019 in the big boys seat going up against the "big boys." Will there be mistakes??? Absolutely. Will there be crashes with other drivers??? Absolutely; not to mention Max will let LeClerc know "he is there." Again, one of several reasons Ferrari will have "there hands full" for 2019 in a WDC contender car. Vettel will have to fend for himself for 2019 and if he has pressure now, he's gonna really have pressure in 2019 on himself since he and Ferrari will have a rookie to contend with.

Seb makes mistakes, Max makes mistakes.....etc etc you make it sound like Leclerc will be the only one to ever make a mistake lol Ferrari believe he is good enough for the seat he is not really a rookie to racing he knows how to race and knows how to drive with other cars, this is not his 1st season racing.

Your post is just negatives....

Will there be chances of pole....yes will there be chances to win races.....yes will he let know Max and Lewis he is up there now...yes

But I suppose it's better to be negative.....

jgonzalesm6
15th September 2018, 09:12
Seb makes mistakes, Max makes mistakes.....etc etc you make it sound like Leclerc will be the only one to ever make a mistake lol Ferrari believe he is good enough for the seat he is not really a rookie to racing he knows how to race and knows how to drive with other cars, this is not his 1st season racing.

Yes, everyone makes mistakes.....some fewer than others and some more than others. I guess that's gonna be your excuse then IF Seb looses the WDC title for 2018...[Greig] "Vettel/Ferrari made mistakes in 2018....it's acceptable."

Your right, it's not his first season racing.....DUUUH!...yet he binned it in Singapore. He's raced there before in F2 yes? Rookie mistake.

I really hope LeClerc takes it to Vettel; could be his (Seb's) "sell-by-date" is approaching.

Greig
15th September 2018, 09:28
Yes, everyone makes mistakes.....some fewer than others and some more than others. I guess that's gonna be your excuse then IF Seb looses the WDC title for 2018...[Greig] "Vettel/Ferrari made mistakes in 2018....it's acceptable."

Your right, it's not his first season racing.....DUUUH!...yet he binned it in Singapore. He's raced there before in F2 yes? Rookie mistake.

I really hope LeClerc takes it to Vettel; could be his (Seb's) "sell-by-date" is approaching.

So Seb is a rookie then? again your talking nonsense is every mistake a rookie mistake? LOL.......there is no excuses if Seb loses the title as he will know himself we gave him the car to win with. But again with the negativity how about Seb wins the title despite making some mistakes.

jgonzalesm6
15th September 2018, 09:30
So Seb is a rookie then? again your talking nonsense is every mistake a rookie mistake? LOL.......there is no excuses if Seb loses the title as he will know himself we gave him the car to win with. But again with the negativity how about Seb wins the title despite making some mistakes.

Your amazing. Have a nice day Greig!!!

Greig
15th September 2018, 09:35
Your amazing. Have a nice day Greig!!!

Well he binned it also and has race there before, must be a rookie mistake according to your point of view on Leclerc.

You have raised Max to some sort of legend just to suggest Leclerc won't be able to cope......

Leclerc will win races in 2019, something Kimi would not do.

KimiBot
15th September 2018, 09:43
.......there is no excuses if Seb loses the title as he will know himself we gave him the car to win with. But again with the negativity how about Seb wins the title despite making some mistakes.

Yes, I agree, I hope he can do it, but to be honest, at the moment, I am bit nervous. :-)
But 1-2 from Singapore, and sun is shining again.

Giallo 550
16th September 2018, 21:54
Leclerc’s first time racing at Singapore, the toughest track of the year, and he finishes in the points 20+ seconds ahead of his teammate. Anyone who’s doubting him needs to check out how he outclassed Gasly.

KimiBot
16th September 2018, 22:02
Gasly started behind him, tyres were gone and Leclerc had a new tyres. Ocon, Perez and Grosjean had a something else in mind today than racing. He did overtook one driver, Hulkenberg, did not see how did that happen.
Anyways, I am not against him, I just don`t understand why Ferrari choose him, when his only merits so far is winning GP2.
But they and you must see something that I cannot see.

Brembo
16th September 2018, 22:17
Leclerc’s first time racing at Singapore, the toughest track of the year, and he finishes in the points 20+ seconds ahead of his teammate. Anyone who’s doubting him needs to check out how he outclassed Gasly.

I doubt Ferrari fans are doubting Leclerc as a race winner. I for one want to see if Ferrari lets him win. He sure looks like he can given a top car. We Ferrari fans all know "Let Seb pass" will be a nightmare for this 20 yr. old trying to make it in F1 as a WDC champion. And as of now I believe Seb is on the case . Just look at Max 20 yrs. old also but, he has a green light @ RBull. Kimi, Bottas, Seb, Dan , on and on all behind Max at the flag. Not only does Max get 2nd. place so does the R Bull team! I'm sure no fan here want's 2019 to be Merc, R Bull, then Ferrari . Let the drivers race!!

jgonzalesm6
16th September 2018, 22:31
Let's hope Ferrari let's LeClerc race against his team-mate. Personally, Vettel needs a wake-up call.

LeClerc will find out soon enough that driving for Ferrari is not the same as......driving for Ferrari since he will get a taste of how Ferrari works.

Vettel looked.....concerning after this Singapore 2018 race. You also sensed it in his voice.

mwk360
17th September 2018, 03:54
Leclerc and vettel can do magic but with current strategy team we'l still lose lol. Might be running wets in dry conditions the way they run things

mwk360
17th September 2018, 04:06
look at this beast :-D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkAyEylVsAEYKPU.jpg

Future Ferrari WDC, him & Seb could do some fun biking stuff on those sky episode things

Giallo 550
17th September 2018, 12:19
Gasly started behind him, tyres were gone and Leclerc had a new tyres. Ocon, Perez and Grosjean had a something else in mind today than racing. He did overtook one driver, Hulkenberg, did not see how did that happen.
Anyways, I am not against him, I just don`t understand why Ferrari choose him, when his only merits so far is winning GP2.
But they and you must see something that I cannot see.

My point was that Gasly was all over the track and that Leclerc still had to navigate his way around him without getting taken out. Singapore isn't exactly the easiest track to overtake on.

KimiBot
17th September 2018, 12:29
My point was that Gasly was all over the track and that Leclerc still had to navigate his way around him without getting taken out. Singapore isn't exactly the easiest track to overtake on.

:thumb

uvaman
17th September 2018, 22:04
For me Leclerc has great potential. Thats why Ferrari took him under his roof. Did Massa had potential? Maybe but compared to Leclerc personally he is a lot better driver. Taking two competition as a rookie is big success and GP2 was good warmup so as Sauber for him. Riciardo is finished story and bc of age he wasnt an option anymore. Fernando isnt too, so in who else you can see the spark? Who is the best candidate except Leclerc? His biggest motivation is his father who died and that motivation and passion is something else.

Also, my personal opinion why Ferrari choosed Leclerc is VETTEL. I'v think Leclerc will fast as and not so arrogant as Verstapen. But let me go back to Vettel reason. Vettel will give his knowledge and experience to this kid, turn all of his knowledge to Leclerc who is gonna be the future and teach new Ferrari drivers how to be Ferrarista.

Brembo
18th September 2018, 03:53
Whatever motivates Max and how he reacts , I can only wish it on Seb in a hurry. There's still time!

aquaria
19th September 2018, 14:29
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/leclerc-to-join-ferrari-for-pirelli-f1-tyre-test/3179791/

fratelliferrari
20th September 2018, 11:30
Anyone got any photos of Charles testing the 2019 Pirelli tires with our SF71H? Would like to got the pics!:-)

aquaria
20th September 2018, 12:15
https://i.imgur.com/IWX1CxM.jpg

Found this so far :-)

Giallo 550
20th September 2018, 13:53
I needed this to wash the awful taste of Singapore out of my mouth. :-)

tifosi1993
20th September 2018, 16:53
Anyone got any photos of Charles testing the 2019 Pirelli tires with our SF71H? Would like to got the pics!:-)

https://imgur.com/a/NY2dyxO

mwk360
20th September 2018, 17:12
My boys :-D the legendary Seb and incredible Prodigy Leclerc, next year can't come soon enough :-) , both look great in the car, hopefully they work together(not against) next year and destroy rat and bottas

aquaria
20th September 2018, 17:47
https://i.imgur.com/S8PRMl6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/u0Hxi1X.jpg

:ferrarifl

mwk360
22nd September 2018, 11:52
Charles_Leclerc explaining where he was when he got *that* special phone call from Maurizio to drive for Ferrari next year

"He did a little bit of a pause but to me it seemed like an eternity."

https://twitter.com/LeclercNews/status/1043449339748724736

Lol i hope he stays humble, he is an awesome racer with a great head on his shoulders

mwk360
22nd September 2018, 11:55
Leclerc wanting to honour his Father and Jules by performing his best next year in the Ferrari

https://twitter.com/LeclercNews/status/1043466518388981760

mwk360
22nd September 2018, 11:56
For me Leclerc has great potential. Thats why Ferrari took him under his roof. Did Massa had potential? Maybe but compared to Leclerc personally he is a lot better driver. Taking two competition as a rookie is big success and GP2 was good warmup so as Sauber for him. Riciardo is finished story and bc of age he wasnt an option anymore. Fernando isnt too, so in who else you can see the spark? Who is the best candidate except Leclerc? His biggest motivation is his father who died and that motivation and passion is something else.

Also, my personal opinion why Ferrari choosed Leclerc is VETTEL. I'v think Leclerc will fast as and not so arrogant as Verstapen. But let me go back to Vettel reason. Vettel will give his knowledge and experience to this kid, turn all of his knowledge to Leclerc who is gonna be the future and teach new Ferrari drivers how to be Ferrarista.

nice! i could definitely see this

IulianFerrari
22nd September 2018, 18:29
Leclerc will not ‘act like a king’ at Ferrari
Date published: September 21 2018

Charles Leclerc: Staying humble at Ferrari
Charles Leclerc has said he will not start demanding things “like a king” when he joins Ferrari in 2019.

Ferrari have gone all-in with Leclerc, who will replace Kimi Raikkonen at the Scuderia, where he has a contract until at least the end of 2022.

Leclerc, though, is not going to let the huge career move get to his head and become an egotistical driver.

“For now, I will just come in and take it easy,” Leclerc said.

“It’s still a long way away and I’m fully focused on this season, and then next season we will see.

“But for sure I will not arrive and there and act like I am the king and say ‘I want this, this, this and this’.

“I will just get there and see how things are.

Leclerc says it was not long before things started to become normal again after being announced as Sebastian Vettel’s new team-mate.

And now he just wants to keep on learning and improving before he makes the big jump up to Ferrari.

He added: “Apart from the Thursday being quite a bit different because the media session was a bit more full, after that everything came back to normal.

“The main importance for me is to focus on this year and really not be distracted with what will happen next year.

“Obviously it will be a dream come true but I need to stay fully focused on this year.

“I just want to do the best job here for now. It’s quite natural for me not to think too much about next year.

“I want to keep learning and trying to do the best job possible with the car that we have.”

Leclerc got behind the wheel of the Ferrari during a Pirelli test on Thursday at the Paul Ricard circuit in France.

He completed 129 laps in the SF71-H, the equivalent of two grand prix distances, on slick tyres, and gained some valuable experience ahead of his impending move.

mwk360
22nd September 2018, 19:55
Leclerc will not ‘act like a king’ at Ferrari
Date published: September 21 2018

Charles Leclerc: Staying humble at Ferrari
Charles Leclerc has said he will not start demanding things “like a king” when he joins Ferrari in 2019.

Ferrari have gone all-in with Leclerc, who will replace Kimi Raikkonen at the Scuderia, where he has a contract until at least the end of 2022.

Leclerc, though, is not going to let the huge career move get to his head and become an egotistical driver.

“For now, I will just come in and take it easy,” Leclerc said.

“It’s still a long way away and I’m fully focused on this season, and then next season we will see.

“But for sure I will not arrive and there and act like I am the king and say ‘I want this, this, this and this’.

“I will just get there and see how things are.

Leclerc says it was not long before things started to become normal again after being announced as Sebastian Vettel’s new team-mate.

And now he just wants to keep on learning and improving before he makes the big jump up to Ferrari.

He added: “Apart from the Thursday being quite a bit different because the media session was a bit more full, after that everything came back to normal.

“The main importance for me is to focus on this year and really not be distracted with what will happen next year.

“Obviously it will be a dream come true but I need to stay fully focused on this year.

“I just want to do the best job here for now. It’s quite natural for me not to think too much about next year.

“I want to keep learning and trying to do the best job possible with the car that we have.”

Leclerc got behind the wheel of the Ferrari during a Pirelli test on Thursday at the Paul Ricard circuit in France.

He completed 129 laps in the SF71-H, the equivalent of two grand prix distances, on slick tyres, and gained some valuable experience ahead of his impending move.

nice thats exactly what i want to hear

Brembo
23rd September 2018, 05:04
I want to see Leclerc either on pole , win, or podium, 1st 3 races! Then let's see who gets to sit in the throne. He's doing too good to be moving over from race 1. Letting both drivers race will be the true way to know who should be the #1 #2 driver. Oh! Besides the right tire choice's by the team.:rotfl

mwk360
27th September 2018, 20:32
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoIHG41W0AAZPEp.jpg

:-)

ScuderiaBuckeye
1st October 2018, 02:28
Good luck to Charles. Hope Ferrari throws all support behind him. Nice to see a young talent in the Ferrari says they are thinking more progressively.

Seb is damaged goods he has been comprehensively whipped by Hammy this season...and he knows it.

Baku, France, Germany, Italy, and to some degree Austria with his penalty for impeding also...all critical errors that Hamilton simply does not make and Seb will have at least one more before season ends. There is your championship.

:ferrarifl

mwk360
1st October 2018, 07:55
The Dream Team next year :-D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm-2kxFVAAAE3Ao.jpg

Wonder if Leclerc will have to do sim for us next year?

I remember that Seb and Leclerc had some similarities in driving styles with a preference for cars that oversteer slightly

Noquarter
1st October 2018, 08:58
The best line-up is Verstappen and Leclerc. Vettel has the best years behind. And despite his experience, he makes such blatant mistakes.

mwk360
1st October 2018, 10:02
https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/10/01/leclerc-it-was-an-amazing-race/

Increasingly Charles Leclerc is clearly the real deal, again he delivered a mighty performance with some excellent overtakes to finish the Russian Grand Prix as the Best of the Rest in seventh place behind the six cars of the three big teams.

After a slow start on Friday, Leclerc built up momentum and found the sweet spot by the time qualifying and race day came about.

The soon to be Ferrari driver summed up his afternoon at Sochi Autodrom, “It was an amazing race. It was very good that I could get past Esteban [Ocon] and Kevin [Magnussen] very quickly because we knew it would be very difficult to overtake on this track.”

“Then to be in front of them was a huge advantage, they straight away lost quite a bit by being behind and they couldn’t really follow so it was good to see and it was a great race for us.”

A highlight of Leclerc’s race was his ballsy overtake on Magnussen on the outside of the Haas through the never-ending Turn 3.

The Monegasque driver acknowledged, “I’ve never raced here before, but it was a great overtake and Kevin stayed fair also so it was good to see. It was on the limit but everything went well.”

With seven points finishes so far this year, Leclerc lies 15th in the championship, but for many fans Leclerc teaming up with Sebastian Vettel at Ferrari next year cannot come soon enough.

Indeed! amazing stuff yesterday, had to start on the worst tyre and managed to stay ahead as best of the rest :pray:clap

mwk360
6th October 2018, 04:25
[RUMOR] There are rumors in the paddock that Jock Clear will become Charles Leclerc‘s race engineer at Ferrari next year.

not sure if this is good or bad, as long he understands english it cant be the worst i guess

Brembo
6th October 2018, 07:51
not sure if this is good or bad, as long he understands english it cant be the worst i guess

Speaking good English isn't helping Seb at all. Maybe learning a little "Enzo" might be just what Leclerc needs to hold the #1 spot next year! I wonder how Lewis' German is ? 80 Poles!!

evo_spook
6th October 2018, 07:58
Speaking good English isn't helping Seb at all. Maybe learning a little "Enzo" might be just what Leclerc needs to hold the #1 spot next year! I wonder how Lewis' German is ? 80 Poles!!

? The only German thing about Mercedes is the chequebooks (besides Toto, and he’s Austrian anyway)

Brembo
6th October 2018, 11:13
? The only German thing about Mercedes is the chequebooks (besides Toto, and he’s Austrian anyway)

Hitler was Austrian also. I forgot the Merc cars are mfg. in Italy! :rotfl

mwk360
7th October 2018, 04:42
Goodluck leclerc & seb :pray first turn could be extremely dangerous for Seb & leclerc they are surrounded by a mess of cars on the grid

Tifoso
12th October 2018, 20:45
I guess it's brave. Taking a chance on a young guy after all this title winning lately. :-D

Brembo
13th October 2018, 08:37
I guess it's brave. Taking a chance on a young guy after all this title winning lately. :-D

I agree. The chance is will Seb move over if Charles is doing a WDC job after a few races? Or at least race each other with no team orders. Ferrari moved Kimi out for Seb, I wish the same now. Move Seb out for Max.

IulianFerrari
13th October 2018, 12:38
I agree. The chance is will Seb move over if Charles is doing a WDC job after a few races? Or at least race each other with no team orders. Ferrari moved Kimi out for Seb, I wish the same now. Move Seb out for Max.

You are just talking silly

Brembo
14th October 2018, 06:33
You are just talking silly

Your right! Thinking Seb will move over for either Max or Leclerc is silly. He's Schumy Jr. So 2019, only Merc DNFs will allow Ferarri WCC.

Rob
14th October 2018, 08:22
Your right! Thinking Seb will move over for either Max or Leclerc is silly. He's Schumy Jr. So 2019, only Merc DNFs will allow Ferarri WCC.

seriously Brembo enoughs enough of your grudge posts about team orders.

Getting so boring and tiring reading them, making mind up about leavng this forum, as not alot here anymore, and yet again your awesome posts are pushing me nearer.

Brembo
14th October 2018, 12:03
seriously Brembo enoughs enough of your grudge posts about team orders.

Getting so boring and tiring reading them, making mind up about leavng this forum, as not alot here anymore, and yet again your awesome posts are pushing me nearer.

Next race results:
1 Lewis
2 Bottas
3 Max
4 Kimi
Now that's boring for sure! Ferrari getting the cars ; [plural] up close as can be to Merc; with no results as far as pole, or winning is real hard to accept for any true Ferrari WCC fan. Changing what was needed to get the cars in winning shape is pretty well done. So next year Ferrari is also changing a driver . Next race Austin, Kimi on pole with Seb along side him would be great. A mistake by Seb causing a Lewis DNF would make for a busy race to watch.

aroutis
14th October 2018, 13:18

You are getting tiresome.

aroutis
14th October 2018, 13:22
Next race results:
1 Lewis
2 Bottas
3 Max
4 Kimi
Now that's boring for sure! Ferrari getting the cars ; [plural] up close as can be to Merc; with no results as far as pole, or winning is real hard to accept for any true Ferrari WCC fan. Changing what was needed to get the cars in winning shape is pretty well done. So next year Ferrari is also changing a driver . Next race Austin, Kimi on pole with Seb along side him would be great. A mistake by Seb causing a Lewis DNF would make for a busy race to watch.

Even if you are right about everything you say (let's face it you're not), repeating yourself is not going to make a difference, you're just making yourself a silly person of this forum.

Understand, Ferrari is not going to change anything just because a "brembo" is acting like a begrudged lil housewife her husband is not buying here the shoes she wants !

evo_spook
14th October 2018, 21:39
In the beginning Charles will be expected to be in a learning role and support seb. That is fact. It is true for Ferrari and it is true for all teams when one is a WDC and the other is a rookie.

Charles has two options.
1. Settle in that role and wait his time, learn and support Vettel.
2. Fight for his place and earn the right to challenge for the WDC as Lewis did against Alonso.

Number 2 will be helped by how Vettel performs next year.

Brembo
14th October 2018, 22:10
Understand, Ferrari is not going to change anything just because a "brembo" is acting like a begrudged lil housewife her husband is not buying here the shoes she wants !

It takes one to know one! Very noble of you coming forward, Aroutis, buy her the shoes already! I remember weeks at a time here just reading posts about tires; over and over, color after color, being the only thing that will get a driver a win. If it helped letting it out to get to the next race, what's the problem? Also posts talking about 2019 already as the only hope is not that cool a read either. Watching Max and Leclerc each race makes F-1 still great, even though we know who is way up front. BTW, if it's boring, "Don't read it!" Calm down and get her the shoes, you will feel better in the morning!

aquaria
16th October 2018, 11:34
Happy birthday to our future World Champion who turns 21 today! :ferrarifl

https://i.imgur.com/CwCdZr8.jpg

jgonzalesm6
16th October 2018, 14:11

Happy 21st buddy!!!

Giallo 550
16th October 2018, 16:01
Happy Birthday to our next Ferrari legend. Can't wait to see what he can do with SF.

aroutis
16th October 2018, 16:35
It takes one to know one! Very noble of you coming forward, Aroutis, buy her the shoes already! I remember weeks at a time here just reading posts about tires; over and over, color after color, being the only thing that will get a driver a win. If it helped letting it out to get to the next race, what's the problem? Also posts talking about 2019 already as the only hope is not that cool a read either. Watching Max and Leclerc each race makes F-1 still great, even though we know who is way up front. BTW, if it's boring, "Don't read it!" Calm down and get her the shoes, you will feel better in the morning!

It's not me that acts this way. It is you!
So go ask someone to buy you the shoes already.

P.S. in case you have not noticed, it's not just me that asks you to just stop acting like that.
Perhaps you need to consider this.

You are getting very tiresome with this act. Ok, we know why you act like that. But grasping at the whole brazilian team mate saga is not helping you. They're the past, they're gone, bye bye already.
What happens with Leclerc remains to be seen. Actually same goes with Max, and pretty much everyone that drives (currently, and in the future) for F1 teams.

However, and as much as you may not like it (Ferrari really does not give a flying damn) , you know what the drivers are , and you're supposed to support them.
That is if you are a tifoso.

aroutis
16th October 2018, 16:36

Happy birthday!

Brembo
16th October 2018, 17:34
It's not me that acts this way. It is you!
So go ask someone to buy you the shoes already.

P.S. in case you have not noticed, it's not just me that asks you to just stop acting like that.
Perhaps you need to consider this.

You are getting very tiresome with this act. Ok, we know why you act like that. But grasping at the whole brazilian team mate saga is not helping you. They're the past, they're gone, bye bye already.
What happens with Leclerc remains to be seen. Actually same goes with Max, and pretty much everyone that drives (currently, and in the future) for F1 teams.

However, and as much as you may not like it (Ferrari really does not give a flying damn) , you know what the drivers are , and you're supposed to support them.
That is if you are a tifoso.

You are right for sure , Michael and the rest are past , gone by by already, no need to see their names here it's 2018. And I agree with you again were supposed to support and respect all the drivers, even Kimi if you are tifosi Ferrari. Fans here saying their dying for Ferrari to get rid of Kimi for Leclerc ASAP is not cool at all. Besides disrespectful it's boring and tiresome to read. On to the next race !! Even if seeing Lewis win is as boring as my posts!

aroutis
16th October 2018, 18:16
You are right for sure , Michael and the rest are past , gone by by already, no need to see their names here it's 2018. And I agree with you again were supposed to support and respect all the drivers, even Kimi if you are tifosi Ferrari. Fans here saying their dying for Ferrari to get rid of Kimi for Leclerc ASAP is not cool at all. Besides disrespectful it's boring and tiresome to read. On to the next race !! Even if seeing Lewis win is as boring as my posts!

And for once again, you need to bring what hurt you the most, Michael. So predictable.

But yes, you do need to support the drivers, since they are part of the team.
And if Merc wins, so be it, we will move on. Boring, or not, this is racing.

Of course, feel free to go support another team, hey, I believe RBR is where Max is racing !

Brembo
17th October 2018, 06:46
[QUOTE=aroutis;992888

Of course, feel free to go support another team, hey, I believe RBR is where Max is racing ![/QUOTE]

Thanks for giving me permission to go to Red Bull! I think that Ferrari will get Max as soon as they can, so I'll stick with the best, Ferrari. Merc would be crazy letting either driver go any time soon; even though fans here would welcome Lewis with open arms; just as they mostly did when Seb came over #1 finger in the air and all.
I'm hoping for Kimi to get a win before he leaves Ferrari! Go Red Bull!, Ups! I meant Ferrari!!:rotfl

wisepie
17th October 2018, 11:38
Thanks for giving me permission to go to Red Bull! I think that Ferrari will get Max as soon as they can, so I'll stick with the best, Ferrari. Merc would be crazy letting either driver go any time soon; even though fans here would welcome Lewis with open arms; just as they mostly did when Seb came over #1 finger in the air and all.
I'm hoping for Kimi to get a win before he leaves Ferrari! Go Red Bull!, Ups! I meant Ferrari!!:rotfl

Don't be silly, Brembo, some of us would be mortified if Lewis ever came to Ferrari, I would welcome Max as an alternative in the future because I'm sure Lewis would be too busy promoting his clothing line and mixing with nubile singers in a state of undress. I think you need to take a chill pill and hope that Max will one day thank you for your support.;-)

Brembo
17th October 2018, 11:50
Don't be silly, Brembo, some of us would be mortified if Lewis ever came to Ferrari, I would welcome Max as an alternative in the future because I'm sure Lewis would be too busy promoting his clothing line and mixing with nubile singers in a state of undress. I think you need to take a chill pill and hope that Max will one day thank you for your support.;-)

Wisepie, I'm sure you had to know already I was being silly, just joking. I'm just trying to relieve the "Bordom" here. A Kimi win in Austin will be great !

Ed Harley
17th October 2018, 13:18
...some of us would be mortified if Lewis ever came to Ferrari...
I reckon that would last for about 5 minutes or so.

aquaria
17th October 2018, 15:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFZEbyPcjk

Enjoyed every second of this.

2019 can't come soon enough!

wisepie
17th October 2018, 16:46
I reckon that would last for about 5 minutes or so.

I would like to say 'over my dead body' which I suppose means the same thing! I don't dispute his ability but there are a number of reasons why he appears to be the best of the current crop of drivers, not least the car he's had for the past 5 seasons and the ease with which he's been able to capitalize on that situation. I would struggle to accept him in red for 5 seconds.;-)

IulianFerrari
17th October 2018, 16:54
People just go to extremes in a matter of weeks in F1. One day Vettel is the best, the other they bring a list of at least 5 drivers better than him. Same with everybody, Lewis is a God now for some, but in the first half of the season was "of course we can beat him". If he screws up the next 2 races, it's back to he is losing it all in a faster car...

Giallo 550
17th October 2018, 19:12
People just go to extremes in a matter of weeks in F1. One day Vettel is the best, the other they bring a list of at least 5 drivers better than him. Same with everybody, Lewis is a God now for some, but in the first half of the season was "of course we can beat him". If he screws up the next 2 races, it's back to he is losing it all in a faster car...

I think you're in the wrong thread.

IulianFerrari
20th October 2018, 09:01
I think you're in the wrong thread.

Correct. But the idea still stands. On topic, I think we should not have unrealistic expectations about Charles in the beginning. Ferrari is a ton of pressure and the team needs to take as much off of Charles young shoulders. I see Leclerc as a Ferrari project which has the potential of ending up a championship winner in the medium to long term, if handled correctly.

Brembo
21st October 2018, 06:14
I can't see putting Leclerc in the seat for 2019 if it's to learn and potentially be a winner. That can be achieved where he is now. Ferrari has to be going for WCC, and a driver thinking WDC, for the next season. Is that going to be the excuse to the Ferrari fans that were training Leclerc for the future? Enough already with Merc up front! As boring as it may sound, Seb can't start 2019 with the idea he has his team mate in his pocket.

nani_s23
21st October 2018, 07:19
I can't see putting Leclerc in the seat for 2019 if it's to learn and potentially be a winner. That can be achieved where he is now. Ferrari has to be going for WCC, and a driver thinking WDC, for the next season. Is that going to be the excuse to the Ferrari fans that were training Leclerc for the future? Enough already with Merc up front! As boring as it may sound, Seb can't start 2019 with the idea he has his team mate in his pocket.

Neither team is thinking like that or vettel. It all depends on how both drivers start their 2019 campaign.
Who is leading WDC points, other driver will & should support the leader. That’s the basic thing in each team not only ferrari. I don’t bother even it is vettel or Leclerc who should play support role.

Brembo
21st October 2018, 08:07
Neither team is thinking like that or vettel. It all depends on how both drivers start their 2019 campaign.
Who is leading WDC points, other driver will & should support the leader. That’s the basic thing in each team not only ferrari. I don’t bother even it is vettel or Leclerc who should play support role.

Well said! Both drivers should be starting as equal for at least 3 races then as you say start counting points as to who supports the other when it's tight. Let them start drivng at their "Max imum!" :rotfl As boring as all that sounds.

aroutis
21st October 2018, 11:30

Permission no , but advise, sure.
You have been miserable for a while. So perhaps you need a change.

aquaria
21st October 2018, 11:41
Who is leading WDC points, other driver will & should support the leader. That’s the basic thing in each team not only ferrari.

That's a basic thing in every team, except Ferrari. :-D

Brembo
21st October 2018, 22:13

:rotfl How come when I say that , it's silly and boring?? Anyway; I'm glad I'm not alone with that. We need Max!!

Giallo 550
22nd October 2018, 13:47
:rotfl How come when I say that , it's silly and boring?? Anyway; I'm glad I'm not alone with that. We need Max!!

I think she was saying that Ferrari has not enacted team orders this season...

Also, we have Leclerc. He's like Max, but better. :-D

IulianFerrari
22nd October 2018, 14:15

Way to keep expectations low...

JPMFerrari
22nd October 2018, 14:20

One can be hopeful but, Max has already established his skill level.

tifosi1993
22nd October 2018, 15:10

Nope.

Giallo 550
22nd October 2018, 15:13
I'm just busting Brembo's chops. And yes, he will impress.

Ed Harley
22nd October 2018, 15:16
Whether he will impress or not remains to be seen.

Giallo 550
22nd October 2018, 15:27
If he can qualify in the top 10 in a Sauber, he can be competitive in this year's Ferrari. If Ferrari build's the car, he will deliver. Ferrari would not have signed him if they had reservations.

Ed Harley
22nd October 2018, 15:30
Nobody knows what will happen in 2019.

IulianFerrari
22nd October 2018, 15:32
If he can qualify in the top 10 in a Sauber, he can be competitive in this year's Ferrari. If Ferrari build's the car, he will deliver. Ferrari would not have signed him if they had reservations.

They had plenty of reservations, they just wanted to honor the wish of Sergio. Elsewhere he wouldn't be in a Ferrari until 2020

Giallo 550
22nd October 2018, 15:37
They had plenty of reservations, they just wanted to honor the wish of Sergio. Elsewhere he wouldn't be in a Ferrari until 2020

You seriously think they signed him for FOUR years just to honor Marchionne?

Stormy
22nd October 2018, 15:54
You seriously think they signed him for FOUR years just to honor Marchionne?

They signed him for FOUR years?! I thought he's only signed for 2019...

Worst case scenario Leclerc can be like Massa which is not that horrible to be honest, but yeah the expectations are higher.

Giallo 550
22nd October 2018, 16:02
They signed him for FOUR years?! I thought he's only signed for 2019...

Worst case scenario Leclerc can be like Massa which is not that horrible to be honest, but yeah the expectations are higher.

All of the articles I read said he's signed until 2022. Maybe there's a performance clause or something.

Stormy
22nd October 2018, 16:53
All of the articles I read said he's signed until 2022. Maybe there's a performance clause or something.

Yeah there must be a performance clause. And besides, contracts in F1 are worthy as a toilet paper as we've seen numerous times in the past.

Greig
22nd October 2018, 17:07

Can't wait to revisit this thread next season :-)

Giallo 550
22nd October 2018, 17:24

2019 can't come soon enough. :lol

jgonzalesm6
22nd October 2018, 20:40

2019 can't come soon enough. :lol

Agreed.

KimiBot
22nd October 2018, 21:21
I don?t come here and say: I told you.
I am too old for that.
I just can see, that next year is not good for us, and that makes me sad.
But 2020 I hope we can buy Max.

Brembo
22nd October 2018, 22:03
I'm just busting Brembo's chops. And yes, he will impress.

Leclerc needs a 'No Rubenization clause!" :rotfl "Max is the 'Maximum! " Forget 'Two Chains", he's "Eighty Poles!"

Brembo
22nd October 2018, 22:08

Your a regular riot!!:rotfl Here's your next Italian lesson:
Lunsingame n'appoco, falle stuta' stu ffuoco, ca dint' 'o core m' he appicciato tu !

Giallo 550
22nd October 2018, 22:34
Your a regular riot!!:rotfl Here's your next Italian lesson:
Lunsingame n'appoco, falle stuta' stu ffuoco, ca dint' 'o core m' he appicciato tu !

I'll teach you a lesson in racing if you come to Westchester. :-D

aquaria
23rd October 2018, 02:10

Exactly :-)

Anyway, speaking of Max, I don't see him in a Ferrari any time soon. He's Red Bull's biggest asset, they gave him a multi year deal and basically booted Dani Ric in order to build the team solely around Max. Also, Ferrari signing Leclerc until 2022 signifies that they trust in him and he'll receive a push if Vettel burns out next year as well. How he will be treated from the start largely depends on how he performs in the beginning and how quickly he'll settle in with the car, right from tests in Barcelona I'd say. He already knows the team, knows the language and he didn't made a single statement by which you'd think that he'll be willing to move over for Vettel right from the start. Nor does his mindset speaks in that favour.

Vettel is far from having endless support at the moment, especially after this year. And also, his contract runs out in 2020 so I don't think it would be a big of a deal for Ferrari to pay him off by the end of next year and release him IF he disappoints again by his on-track decisions.

If that happens, my guess would be that Leclerc will become #1 driver and Giovinazzi will be brought in to play a support role for him (since I honestly don't see Gio as a championship material).

Ferrarichamp
23rd October 2018, 07:12
Nobody knows what will happen in 2019.

true. Maybe Red Bull Honda will have the best car and Max will win the title.

Noquarter
23rd October 2018, 13:26
Norris and Russel can also show the talent of the Max class. Gasly also promises to be very good. The choice will be large.

Rishu
23rd October 2018, 14:03
Leclerc has shown immense talent. His Quali speed is really excellent. Two years down, and he will become a monster if he already isn’t

Giallo 550
23rd October 2018, 14:17
Norris and Russel can also show the talent of the Max class. Gasly also promises to be very good. The choice will be large.

I completely agree. There is a massive talent pool entering the sport now and it's very exciting. I'm tired of the drivers like the ones Alonso recently mentioned.

Brembo
24th October 2018, 06:21
Now more than ever Ferrari will hopefully be supporting Leclerc 100% also next season seeing how all us fans will be thinking about who he replaced.

racingbradley
25th October 2018, 08:50
:Hmm I feel that expectations of Charles are very high just now. He will probably need at least the first half of the season to settle in to a new team.
But if he gets results straight out of the box then the boy is the real deal.
I would like to see him given time though. :-)

Brembo
25th October 2018, 10:36
:Hmm I feel that expectations of Charles are very high just now. He will probably need at least the first half of the season to settle in to a new team.

Very well put! I just want him to race from day one freely against everyone. After a few races , then Ferrari can judge him as to where , if ,and when he can be the #1 driver. Or have them stay equal as to who gets the go. As you say, let him try to get results out of the box! I wish at least another win for Kimi!

jgonzalesm6
25th October 2018, 13:30

Yep. I'm going in with LeClerc with not the highest expectations. He's gonna have to fight with the big boys up front in a competitive car.

Very well put! I just want him to race from day one freely against everyone. After a few races , then Ferrari can judge him as to where , if ,and when he can be the #1 driver. Or have them stay equal as to who gets the go. As you say, let him try to get results out of the box! I wish at least another win for Kimi!

Agreed

Giallo 550
25th October 2018, 16:50
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2842/leclerc-is-more-mature-than-verstappen/

http://www.theweek.co.uk/formula-1/97331/f1-charles-leclerc-ferrari-hamilton-vettel-2019-title-ocon

Brembo
27th October 2018, 18:10
http://www.theweek.co.uk/formula-1/97331/f1-charles-leclerc-ferrari-hamilton-vettel-2019-title-ocon[/url]

Bad memories for me there. Michael went to Merc and so did that midjet bum Todt FIA wise. Ferrari has no shot as Merc is the favored team. Todt never worked for Ferrari, he was Michael's main man .

jgonzalesm6
4th November 2018, 18:49
Arrivabene 11-04-18:

"I‘ve known Leclerc since 2016 and we saw that he was a boy with great talents which he also confirmed this season. His goal next year will be to gain experience. This is the most important aspect, to not get carried away and learn from Sebastian!"

Arrivabene: "Leclerc has the luxury of being able to face a season in which he will be asked to bring the car back to the pits and as forward as he can in the standings, but without pressure."

So in a nutshell for 2019:

1.) gain experience
2.) learn from Vettel
3.) bring the car home

Brembo
4th November 2018, 20:11
Leclerc needs just enough pressure to know Ferrari needs WCC points. Ferrari is F-1! He got the seat of all seats. He got the car of cars, Ferrari did right by him; big time. I wish him the best, he's with the best !

IulianFerrari
4th November 2018, 20:14
Arrivabene 11-04-18:

"I‘ve known Leclerc since 2016 and we saw that he was a boy with great talents which he also confirmed this season. His goal next year will be to gain experience. This is the most important aspect, to not get carried away and learn from Sebastian!"

Arrivabene: "Leclerc has the luxury of being able to face a season in which he will be asked to bring the car back to the pits and as forward as he can in the standings, but without pressure."

So in a nutshell for 2019:

1.) gain experience
2.) learn from Vettel
3.) bring the car home

Maurizio doing the right thing, not putting pressure on the kid, driving for Ferrari is pressure enough.

Brembo
5th November 2018, 19:15
Maurizio doing the right thing, not putting pressure on the kid, driving for Ferrari is pressure enough.

You said the right word, "Kid". It's overwhelming pressure being put on the kid giving him the seat of all seats in F1. He has no experience up front with the top drivers; in lets say the best car. Seb needs to give 100% concentration next season on Seb! I think Ferrari is sacrificing WCC with a rookie as the second or first driver, however one sees it. Just how much better could Kimi have done on the podiums, a win etc. to at least get another 2 years racking up WCC points for the team, along with Seb; more or less getting things right ? Leclerc would only be getting stronger and more fit for the seat. What's worse, too old; or too young? We fans need Merc out, Ferrari in WCC!! Forget "Eighty poles" and his WDC reign , the only driver IMO that can beat hell out of him is not with Ferrari yet! Boring stuff but true.

Giallo 550
5th November 2018, 23:13
You said the right word, "Kid". It's overwhelming pressure being put on the kid giving him the seat of all seats in F1. He has no experience up front with the top drivers; in lets say the best car. Seb needs to give 100% concentration next season on Seb! I think Ferrari is sacrificing WCC with a rookie as the second or first driver, however one sees it. Just how much better could Kimi have done on the podiums, a win etc. to at least get another 2 years racking up WCC points for the team, along with Seb; more or less getting things right ? Leclerc would only be getting stronger and more fit for the seat. What's worse, too old; or too young? We fans need Merc out, Ferrari in WCC!! Forget "Eighty poles" and his WDC reign , the only driver IMO that can beat hell out of him is not with Ferrari yet! Boring stuff but true.

As long as Leclerc beats Bottas, which I believe he will, Ferrari will do fine. Vettel needs to focus on Hamilton.

NasI
6th November 2018, 08:04
It will be fine. Next year we will get the results.

wisepie
6th November 2018, 11:35
As long as Leclerc beats Bottas, which I believe he will, Ferrari will do fine. Vettel needs to focus on Hamilton.

Quite agree Giallo, give Charles the time to establish himself and see where it leads, for all we know he could take it to Hamilton too!:pray

WS6TransAm01
6th November 2018, 12:48
It will be fine. Next year we will get the results.

Now, where have I heard that before...

racingbradley
6th November 2018, 13:08

Agree I would not put too much pressure on Charles and give him time to settle. Who Knows he may be winning races by mid season if left alone by the team, pundits and fans! I know that's asking a lot!!!!!:pray Felipe had a terrible start with Ferrari but by mid season he won a race and was getting podiums. :-)
As for beating Bottas don't forget the RB boys.................agreed their car will be an unknown quantity but the Adrian Newey effect makes up the difference :-s

Brembo
6th November 2018, 17:32
Not too much pressure and time to settle by mid season could cost Ferrari the points for WCC. Ferrari desperately needs both drivers racking up points big time from the 1st race on. If as some say here; that Leclerc is already as good as Bottas; then Ferrari will be in it and all will be more or less equal between the two teams, esp. if Seb returns to the finger in the air winner of old! It will be horrible to have fans here talking 2020 before 2019 ends. Boring to read but true.

aroutis
6th November 2018, 18:26
Not too much pressure and time to settle by mid season could cost Ferrari the points for WCC. Ferrari desperately needs both drivers racking up points big time from the 1st race on. If as some say here; that Leclerc is already as good as Bottas; then Ferrari will be in it and all will be more or less equal between the two teams, esp. if Seb returns to the finger in the air winner of old! It will be horrible to have fans here talking 2020 before 2019 ends. Boring to read but true.

I would not expect a WCC from Ferrari next year , I expect Ferrari to play the long game, which is to let Leclerc acclimatize and as said, bring the car home and learn from Seb. That is the expectation, but if he goes beyond that and actually gets podiums, noone will complain !

Brembo
6th November 2018, 19:09
I would not expect a WCC from Ferrari next year , I expect Ferrari to play the long game, which is to let Leclerc acclimatize and as said, bring the car home and learn from Seb. That is the expectation, but if he goes beyond that and actually gets podiums, noone will complain !

I just can't believe Ferrari will give up WCC expectations just to teach the kid new tricks! Already acclimated and able to bring the car home should be why they brought him home to the seat now, not in playing the long game. How will the team feel ; going to work 2019 knowing it's to get Leclerc ready for 2020 not the WCC ? The #1 team in F-1? Are the Ferrari fans supposed to cheer when Leclerc finishes a race clean in the top 10, while Merc and "Eighty Poles " again dominate the WCC, and WDC? Boring as it is to read, there's also that Red Bull driver to contend with.

NasI
6th November 2018, 19:26
Now, where have I heard that before...

Not from me.

IulianFerrari
6th November 2018, 22:30
For me it's quite simple, if Charles brings home the same amount of points Kimi brought this year, or more, it was a good choice to bring him in now. Ferrari doesn't have to sacrifice points just for someone to learn, they have Sauber for learning. I believe Ferrari thinks he can do a similar/better job in wracking up points as Kimi did, if not they would have let him stay in that Sauber more time. I understand that Ferrari wanted Charles in the Haas but Steiner/Gene would not have it, so they were forced to either take him or keep him in the Sauber for next year. I hope they made the right decision and handle Charles the correct way for him to become what we all want.

FerrariSteve
6th November 2018, 23:37
I hope he's given time to settle in to the team but on the same hand I also don't want him to be forced to be a 'Wingman' like Bottas is to goldenboy.
if Vettel is in front then fine, but also if Leclerc is in front they should leave him be, no team orders please (well until the last few races)

Brembo
7th November 2018, 07:38
It seems as though Leclerc will change Ferrari's years of handling the drivers with regards to who's on first etc. It worked for Red Bull this year. Is he as good as Bottas? I can only hope so. Seb needs all the help he can get, Ferrari the team needs all the points they can get.

aroutis
8th November 2018, 06:44
If there is one thing to be learned this year is that team orders and discipline is essential if a team wants titles.

jpalmito
8th November 2018, 06:57
It seems as though Leclerc will change Ferrari's years of handling the drivers with regards to who's on first etc. It worked for Red Bull this year. Is he as good as Bottas? I can only hope so. Seb needs all the help he can get, Ferrari the team needs all the points they can get.

Leclerc isn't in the same league with Bottas.
If the car is good enough , he will be a threath for everybody.

Brembo
8th November 2018, 08:03
If there is one thing to be learned this year is that team orders and discipline is essential if a team wants titles.

Very true, but in Ferrari's case this year; Seb wasn't up to where Kimi could move over for him. Too many undisciplined moves caused havoc. Leclerc to the rescue!

wisepie
8th November 2018, 16:54

Sad but true, it's a team sport after all, so they keep telling us!:-E

Brembo
8th November 2018, 17:37
Sad but true, it's a team sport after all, so they keep telling us!:-E

That's why I'm a F-1 WCC fan , not just a #1 driver fan. I spent years knowing for ex. my guy has to move over if he's doing better , so why get excited? Boring but true.

racingbradley
9th November 2018, 09:42
Hmm I have been a team fan since Felipe left Ferrari & I probably enjoy my racing even more.................maybe not the last few but that's only because we have a very slim chance of the WCC :roll

jgonzalesm6
9th November 2018, 17:36
Jock Clear to play a key role in Charles Leclerc debut with Ferrari.

KimiBot
9th November 2018, 17:37
I really hope he is good, because I do believe that we have a CAR next year too.

Giallo 550
9th November 2018, 19:34
That's why I'm a F-1 WCC fan , not just a #1 driver fan. I spent years knowing for ex. my guy has to move over if he's doing better in the moment, so why get excited? Boring but true.

FIFY

Brembo
12th November 2018, 21:44
FIFY

No, eighty! We need help!!!

Giallo 550
26th November 2018, 15:45
Anyone know when the Abu Dhabi Test is?

Also, Leclerc finished with more than four times as many points as his teammate.

jgonzalesm6
26th November 2018, 17:33

Tomorrow

Christopher
26th November 2018, 17:35

Also, Leclerc finished with more than four times as many points as his teammate.

Tuesday and Wednesday.

mwk360
27th November 2018, 04:01
The legend Seb doing testing today, tomorrow is Leclerc :clap:thumb

zike
27th November 2018, 08:29
The legend Seb doing testing today, tomorrow is Leclerc :clap:thumb

he crashed already :lol:lol

Super M
27th November 2018, 10:05
Wonder what Ferrari would do if they have a very similar situation to what Mclaren had when Hamilton joined them and fought Alonso nail and tooth in 2007 ??