PDA

View Full Version : Bahrain 2019 - Pre Race news

jgonzalesm6
19th March 2019, 16:16
Tire selection for the drivers. Top 3 pretty much the same.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2CInRkWsAAOtfc.jpg

mwk360
19th March 2019, 18:21
Tire selection for the drivers. Top 3 pretty much the same.

maybe should'v taken an extra hard since it showed potential in Aus, too late now but i wonder if there are regrets.

dani ric aggressive, kubica probably going to do lots of data gathering

tifosi1993
19th March 2019, 19:27
maybe should'v taken an extra hard since it showed potential in Aus, too late now but i wonder if there are regrets.

dani ric aggressive, kubica probably going to do lots of data gathering

Well the thing is, they choose this compounds way before race weekends, 14 weeks ago in fact, so probably mid to late December. So even if there's regrets, which I very much doubt, it's too late.

Ed Harley
19th March 2019, 20:49
Somewhat challenging situation to have to choose tyres in December for a race in March when the first test was in February and nobody had a clear picture of how tyre wears will be.

Greig
19th March 2019, 22:10
Every time the tyre choices are posted the same member questions it....track is very different to Aus the harder tyre is just picked because they have too, it won't be a race tyre for anyone trying to win the race.

Brembo
20th March 2019, 06:32
Somewhat challenging situation to have to choose tyres in December for a race in March when the first test was in February and nobody had a clear picture of how tyre wears will be.

You said it all! That's F- Pirelli in charge.

mwk360
20th March 2019, 16:41

yep, kind of wish they allowed even one tyre set allocation change before the actual race weekend starts

mwk360
20th March 2019, 16:45
Hopefully Ferrari bring upgrades. I remember when they did the car reveal and it was plain and simple, people were saying they are hiding the real bits for testing, testing happened and there were hardly any changes, people said they will for sure bring it to melbourne they saving it. ... and they didnt bring much at all that was upgrades so i really hope they do bring lots of stuff, that is reliable. Its too early to be dawdling on the development like last year. That cost them any chance of beating merc

mission winnow will be back, hopefully (just a yoke)

mwk360
20th March 2019, 18:33
https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/22030

i hope so seb :pray

Sebastian Vettel has asserted that Ferrari will bounce back from its subdued start to the 2019 Formula 1 campaign, stressing its SF90 has untapped potential.

Ferrari led the way through pre-season testing and was expected to contend for a third straight Australian Grand Prix victory, but was off the pace throughout the weekend.

Vettel qualified seven-tenths behind Lewis Hamilton and was overhauled in race trim by the Honda-powered Red Bull of Max Verstappen, while Mercedes went on to register a 1-2 finish.

Vettel led a 4-5 for Ferrari and the team conceded in the immediate aftermath of the race that it was at a loss to explain its performance deficit.

“I think we have all the tools, all the ingredients that we need,” asserted Vettel.

“We have a good car, we know it. This weekend we didn’t, overall we’re not competitive enough, but we will be back.

“Last year we left winter testing with problems on the car. It wasn’t behaving the way we wanted it, the way it should.

“This year was the opposite, the car was behaving the way we expected and it felt very good.

“That’s why we came here last year and the balance wasn’t right, because we had to cover up. We had a very poor rear end last year and felt we had to trim the car towards understeer a lot. That didn’t feel great.

“We managed for this weekend last year, and the race pace was fine, but we weren’t there in qualifying. We got lucky in the race, but I think by Bahrain we had fixed all our issues from winter testing last year in the first race, and that’s why I think we all of a sudden unlocked a lot more pace for last year.

“This year, the problem that we have has nothing to do with what we have seen last year.

“Still all the car and all the numbers and so on make sense also this weekend, but clearly we’re missing something.

“Right now, we don’t have an answer, but we need to get back, have a good look, and I’m sure we’ll find something because we know that the car is better than what we’ve seen, not just [in the race] but the whole weekend.”

Team-mate Charles Leclerc also expressed confidence that Ferrari will be more competitive in the coming events.

“In the end, I think as seen, it’s not like we arrived with a very different car to testing, it’s not like Mercedes is either has come with very different cars, so I think the car is there,” said Leclerc.

“In the past, it has been seen quite a lot of times that [Melbourne] is quite a strange track and it’s not always very representative of the real performance of all the cars here in Australia.

“So I’m confident that we can come back. How much? We don’t know, this we’ll only know in two weeks but yeah I’m confident.”

jgonzalesm6
21st March 2019, 14:25
Freight has arrived

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2L5Yn5WkAQyRfA.jpg

chinmay
22nd March 2019, 07:47
Heavy rain in Bahrain on Wednesday. And chance of little bit of rain on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Brembo
22nd March 2019, 08:16
Heavy rain in Bahrain on Wednesday. And chance of little bit of rain on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Rain in Bah rain! Well it rains on everyone, so good luck to our Ferrari guys. The tires will get us through!

mwk360
22nd March 2019, 08:55
Rain in Bah rain!

lol

:-( the lordy on no mercy mode for the sf90, hope it clears up :pray or might have to wait for china for a decent weekend

Ferrarichamp
22nd March 2019, 09:10
don't worry guys Seb is the Regenmeister :-D

FerrariF60
22nd March 2019, 12:18

yeah, like the master he was in Germany last year right??? LOLOLOL

jgonzalesm6
22nd March 2019, 14:55

A list of "rainmasters" from 1950 to 2014. Think for once the "tech." and tires THEN compared to 2014.

Who was the best wet-weather driver?

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/who-was-the-best-wet-weather-driver/

mwk360
22nd March 2019, 16:43

:-) leclerc in brazil quali last year too if i remember correctly, he is very strong. seb is a legend so hopefully the car can cope, though i dont think it'l rain but you never know :-P

mwk360
22nd March 2019, 16:51
[AMuS] For Bahrain Alfa Romeo is expecting another leap forward. In Bahrain Alfa Romeo will bring the update which didn't bring the desired results during the 2nd week of testing. The update is corrected now and it should be introduced in Bahrain!

atleast they bringing upgrades, which is good to get kimi and gio up the order

jgonzalesm6
22nd March 2019, 18:59
Ferrari changing F1 team name back to Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2SIhI_X4AAjdA3.png

Tifoso
22nd March 2019, 20:41
That’s the stupidest team name that I’ve ever heard :-)

paolo lalli
22nd March 2019, 21:04
Changing names does not win races.

Brembo
22nd March 2019, 22:26

Give Seb a break! In Germany last year he forgot his umbrella !

FerrariF60
23rd March 2019, 00:04
did you guys read this?? conspiracy or TRUTH in this?? what do you guys think??

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/672574/Inside_Line_Time_to_stop_the_********_Toto_Wolff/

Brembo
23rd March 2019, 00:26
I believe Merc the team; Toto, and Lewis are so confident in what they have for 2019, that together they decided to let Bottas take that win. A happy; willing #2 driver is as important as anything else they might need for the WCC .

mwk360
23rd March 2019, 05:11

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/672574/Inside_Line_Time_to_stop_the_********_Toto_Wolff/

Lol they said the samething last year in Australia after merc easily destroyed ferrari in quali. That merc accidently showed more power than they supposed to. Got no doubt merc have had the best car and engine.till now. Ferrari had no chance especially with development side of things. Fact they favour lewis over nico and bottas isnt even a secret. But i dont think they helped others out with plans and things lol. Toto definitely hides more pace and can easily crank it up whenever. They just want the racing to look closer then it is.

mwk360
23rd March 2019, 05:19
Ferrari changing F1 team name back to Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2SIhI_X4AAjdA3.png

Nice!! Mission winnow branding gives easily another 20HP :lol

Formula 1 fan
23rd March 2019, 17:07
Rain in Bah rain! Well it rains on everyone, so good luck to our Ferrari guys. The tires will get us through!

Love it.

But rain in Bahrain will be nice, will be a good battle between Max and Lewis then. Vettel's rain abilities are definitely very good, but I think he lacks the ability in the rain Max and Lewis have. I hope the Ferrari is not a dud in the rain it was last 2 years.

Formula 1 fan
23rd March 2019, 17:09
A list of "rainmasters" from 1950 to 2014. Think for once the "tech." and tires THEN compared to 2014.

Who was the best wet-weather driver?

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/who-was-the-best-wet-weather-driver/

Very nice article, speed read through it, but it is amazing to read. Hamilton quite high on the list. But I feel in the old days the differences between cars and wet and dry was far greater.

jgonzalesm6
23rd March 2019, 17:57
But I feel in the old days the differences between cars and wet and dry & IDEAOLOGY was far greater.

fify mate. yep, quite the contrast and cars are supposed to be safer today. Now, if there's a "deluge" they redflag the race. I love when it rains-->puts everyone on an even playing field and the talented drivers come out,

tifosi1993
23rd March 2019, 19:05
Bahrain, rear-limited track with long straights.
China, front-limited track with long straights. It'd be interesting to see how the car performs at these two tracks.

nani_s23
24th March 2019, 10:07
Give Seb a break! In Germany last year he forgot his umbrella !

Mad max forgot his engine message on radio :rotfl

chinmay
24th March 2019, 12:58
fify mate. yep, quite the contrast and cars are supposed to be safer today. Now, if there's a "deluge" they redflag the race. I love when it rains-->puts everyone on an even playing field and the talented drivers come out,

Truth is exactly opposite. Best cars usually perform as good in wet conditions except Ferrari. Merc and Red Bull work very well - Brazil 2016 - despite all the drama in the wet, it was yet another Mercedes 1-2. Last year Hungary wet qualifying was another Merc 1-2 so the talented part is also wrong. Talented drivers perform well in all conditions, they will perform equally as good in rain as they do in dry.

There is no such thing as even playing field in Formula 1 in any condition - dry or rain. The only one a driver can be compared to is his own teammate. If you want to see even playing field - watch 2 day event - Race of Champions.

jgonzalesm6
24th March 2019, 14:33
Truth is exactly opposite. Best cars usually perform as good in wet conditions except Ferrari. Merc and Red Bull work very well - Brazil 2016 - despite all the drama in the wet, it was yet another Mercedes 1-2. Last year Hungary wet qualifying was another Merc 1-2 so the talented part is also wrong. Talented drivers perform well in all conditions, they will perform equally as good in rain as they do in dry.

There is no such thing as even playing field in Formula 1 in any condition - dry or rain. The only one a driver can be compared to is his own teammate. If you want to see even playing field - watch 2 day event - Race of Champions.

okay......minus Mercedes. :-P

paolo lalli
24th March 2019, 17:00
Leo turrini insider at Ferrari reveals that the problem in Melbourne has been found and understood expect a very different Ferrari in Bahrain quoted as saying.

nani_s23
24th March 2019, 17:36
Leo turrini insider at Ferrari reveals that the problem in Melbourne has been found and understood expect a very different Ferrari in Bahrain quoted as saying.

Hopefully it’s rectified as there are few street circuits Monaco & Singapore which are quite bumpy though asphalt is different.

chinmay
24th March 2019, 17:58
Hopefully it’s rectified as there are few street circuits Monaco & Singapore which are quite bumpy though asphalt is different.

It's the odd year in which Mercedes fails at Singapore. 2015, 2017 slower. 2014, 2016, 2018 unbeatable. A trend for Ferrari as well - 2015, 2017 good cars, 2014, 2016, 2018 - promise was there but not much in the end. Same for Vettel - record breaking odd years - 2011, 2013.

Greig
24th March 2019, 18:06
Yeah claim the 2018 car was not good just to fit in with some crazy theory, a car that would have won title if not for driver errors....

PURE PASSION
24th March 2019, 20:01
I find it realy good and accurate!!!:-D

FerrariF60
24th March 2019, 20:04
Yeah claim the 2018 car was not good just to fit in with some crazy theory, a car that would have won title if not for driver errors....

you seem to forget TEAM strategy errors also, oh, and not to mention pretty crappy development also after the summer break.....all those ingerdients together MAY have lost us the WDC....don't know about the WCC though

jgonzalesm6
24th March 2019, 20:48
Winners since 2005

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2c3XOiXgAISTLp.jpg

jgonzalesm6
24th March 2019, 20:52

Monaco suits RedBull and possibly Singapore given the Honda unit. Mercedes will have a difficult time at these tracks due to their LWB.

jgonzalesm6
24th March 2019, 20:54

Domenicali said the same a few days ago-->Ferrari looks to bounce back at Bahrain. He was at the Melbourne GP.

paolo lalli
24th March 2019, 20:55
Ferrari start there season in Bahrain Lewis is already on red alert.

Giallo 550
24th March 2019, 23:24

The 2018 car was the best Ferrari in ten years, however, I don't blame Vettel entirely, as he wasn't operating in a vacuum. Marchionne's death, infighting, failed upgrades, poor management/strategies, and a few reliability issues all created the perfect storm. It wasn't an environment conducive to performance.

ROCHEY
24th March 2019, 23:37
The 2018 car was the best Ferrari in ten years, however, I don't blame Vettel entirely, as he wasn't operating in a vacuum. Marchionne's death, infighting, failed upgrades, poor management/strategies, and a few reliability issues all created the perfect storm. It wasn't an environment conducive to performance.

What reliability issues did Vettel have, other than a sensor issue in Brazil when the title was already done & dusted? Vettel had the best reliability out of all the front runners.

Giallo 550
25th March 2019, 00:13
What reliability issues did Vettel have, other than a sensor issue in Brazil when the title was already done & dusted? Vettel had the best reliability out of all the front runners.

I meant collectively. Raikkonen had a few which hurt the WCC run.

jgonzalesm6
25th March 2019, 01:27
I meant collectively. Raikkonen had a few which hurt the WCC run.

True that but Seb got all the "upgraded" or "spec" components; Kimi did'nt.

Brembo
25th March 2019, 04:03

The only thing perfect about the "Storm of 2018 " was Lewis' driving and his car, and Max's driving, and as you said the best Ferrari car in the last 10 years. Oh! And Seb's salary about as perfect as it can get for someone who ain't won a Ferrari WDEC,WCC yet! Let's hope this year will Ferrari's and Seb's comeback year !! With Charles doing what he can!

Brembo
25th March 2019, 04:04

The only thing perfect about the "Storm of 2018 " was Lewis' driving and his car, and Max's driving, and as you said the best Ferrari car in the last 10 years. Oh! And Seb's salary about as perfect as it can get for someone who ain't won a Ferrari WDC, WCC, yet! Let's hope this year will Ferrari's and Seb's comeback year !! With Charles doing what he can!

WS6TransAm01
25th March 2019, 12:30
Monaco suits RedBull and possibly Singapore given the Honda unit. Mercedes will have a difficult time at these tracks due to their LWB.

Didn't we say the same thing last year about Singapore?

Merc was on pole and finished 40 seconds up the road from Ferrari...

nani_s23
25th March 2019, 12:42
Didn't we say the same thing last year about Singapore?

Merc was on pole and finished 40 seconds up the road from Ferrari...

Their upgrade was supreme, during summer break.
From this race, it was almost certain that we lost title combined with driver errors, strategy calls & development.

FerrariF60
25th March 2019, 12:51
From this race, it was almost certain that we lost title combined with driver errors, strategy calls & development.

amen to this; could NOT have said it any better myself

PURE PASSION
25th March 2019, 15:40
Wouldn't say that. When we went back to our ,4 month behind upgrade, we where once again on par and even quicker,so for me nothing special from their upgrate.
In general our bad performance from Singapore witch came from a "downgrade", made Merc and RBR look better then that where.
But again it was out fault not being able to successfully upgrade our car.

Giallo 550
25th March 2019, 16:22
The only thing perfect about the "Storm of 2018 " was Lewis' driving and his car, and Max's driving, and as you said the best Ferrari car in the last 10 years. Oh! And Seb's salary about as perfect as it can get for someone who ain't won a Ferrari WDC, WCC, yet! Let's hope this year will Ferrari's and Seb's comeback year !! With Charles doing what he can!

What? Verstappen was as bad in the first half of the season as Vettel was in the second half.

Tony
25th March 2019, 18:17
Rumor has it that the problem with the SF90 is a fundamental problem with the turbo/ERS.... that will put the Ferrari on the back foot for a while it true....

FerrariF60
25th March 2019, 18:34
Rumor has it that the problem with the SF90 is a fundamental problem with the turbo/ERS.... that will put the Ferrari on the back foot for a while it true....

i hope not, because if it is, by the time we introduce a fix it may already be too late due to Merc being so far ahead in points.....UNLESS that fix will come in Bahrain

tifosi1993
25th March 2019, 18:35

Wrong rumours I believe, probably someone got it from twitter. Here are Binotto's actual words (https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-impact-corrections-bahrain-gp/4358361/), he believes SF90 will perform as it should at Bahrain.

nani_s23
25th March 2019, 18:37
Wouldn't say that. When we went back to our ,4 month behind upgrade, we where once again on par and even quicker,so for me nothing special from their upgrate.
In general our bad performance from Singapore witch came from a "downgrade", made Merc and RBR look better then that where.
But again it was out fault not being able to successfully upgrade our car.

After summer break, we got our upgrade merc did the same too.
Come Singapore GP, merc thrashed it’s rivals. From then for the next 4 races too.
Ferrari upgrades aren’t working as expected, so they did revert back to old spec. Even though that’s enough for merc, you can literally see S3 in Mexico, Abu Dhabi merc were just killing it.

tifosi1993
25th March 2019, 18:48
i hope not, because if it is, by the time we introduce a fix it may already be too late due to Merc being so far ahead in points.....UNLESS that fix will come in Bahrain

I don't there's anything fundamentally wrong with the ers or the ICE itself, I think Ferrari just didn't get their setup right. I mean Mag finished P6 and Kimi was on P8, and the issues Grosjean faced during qualifying was exhaust related.

But there's no doubt the PU was a pretty big part of Vettel's problems, he was powerless to defend against Verstappen and couldn't do a FL attempt like Leclerc did. But I think Ferrari knew what was wrong it and put him on a lift and coast mode for the last 30 laps or so.

ferrari1.8t
25th March 2019, 19:00

I can believe it...there are probably some far reaching conspiracies in the article. However, overall I do believe that Merc has held a significant advantage since the inception of the Turbo Hybrid Era. We have all discussed it on the forum time and again how they just mysteriously find pace when needed; especially me. I have always believed and maintain that Hamilton's dominance has been manufactured. Would be very sad if it is true because it is robbing us all. To quote the article - it is "a slap in the face to everyone who follows this sport, including everyone in the paddock".

Anyway, on to Barhrain! Forza Ferrari

PURE PASSION
25th March 2019, 19:49
After summer break, we got our upgrade merc did the same too.
Come Singapore GP, merc thrashed it’s rivals. From then for the next 4 races too.
Ferrari upgrades aren’t working as expected, so they did revert back to old spec. Even though that’s enough for merc, you can literally see S3 in Mexico, Abu Dhabi merc were just killing it.

As you said ,the 1st upgrade after summer break put us slightly in front of Mercs(Ham took pole in Spa just because the rain came in q3(till then on the dry we where fastest, and in the race we where slightly fastest).In Monza we took 1-2 on q and in the race we lost it due to Vets crash and Kimi destroying his tires and loosing time behind Bot.
THEN from Singapore we lost it completely on th upgrades so you cant realy compare it. From Austin we convert back to older spec and we where on par again with Merc. So the fully upgraded Merc wears on par with us who where 3-4 months behind on the upgrades.

paolo lalli
25th March 2019, 20:46
I have said this before so here I go again mercedes had a 2 year advantage in developing this phase of f1 they were already planning it then they called wolf and threatened to leave imagine if Ferrari started at the same time sneaky mercedes just an over rated badge do not even rate in the super car world and yes Hamilton's titles are mercedes engineered and he knows it and he Hamilton has the odasety to say that Ferrari have 1 month of development advantage this year over mercedes and are favorites please give me a break and all of the suffering f1 fans globally with this hyprocosy.

Formula 1 fan
27th March 2019, 10:23
I am really confident that Mercedes won't be as dominant as it was in Melbourne.
1) Ferrari made a strategy error that cost a lot and they did have some issues with the engine. Rumors had it that the engine was turned
2) RBR admitted they had a bit of a problem with setting up the car and it didn't quite respond to the changes the way they expected. Max had a chassis change and didn't have the feel for the car and changed back to an older setup. And also rumor has it their engine was turned down as well. They could follow Mercedes and Ferrari quite nicely. Stayed within 2 seconds from Vettel. And Hamilton was just a little ahead.
3) Ferrari has always been strong here, even back in 2015. If the car wasn't really great in 2017& 2018 they wouldn't have won it the way they did.

tifosi1993
27th March 2019, 14:44
Our Bahrain GP poster first time featuring Leclerc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2qifrWX0AUDoAf.jpg:large

Formula 1 fan
27th March 2019, 15:05
Nice, you made that or?

PURE PASSION
27th March 2019, 15:33
Nice, you made that or?

The team makes them for every race

nani_s23
27th March 2019, 15:51
As you said ,the 1st upgrade after summer break put us slightly in front of Mercs(Ham took pole in Spa just because the rain came in q3(till then on the dry we where fastest, and in the race we where slightly fastest).In Monza we took 1-2 on q and in the race we lost it due to Vets crash and Kimi destroying his tires and loosing time behind Bot.
THEN from Singapore we lost it completely on th upgrades so you cant realy compare it. From Austin we convert back to older spec and we where on par again with Merc. So the fully upgraded Merc wears on par with us who where 3-4 months behind on the upgrades.

Partially agree with your points.
Hungary, Germany, baku, China, Monza Ferrari should have won it. Bad luck & driver mistakes did cost the win.
Else championship would have been in different stage even we did realize after 4races that upgrades became downgrades.
Above race gp wins would have balanced it out

mwk360
27th March 2019, 16:53
Partially agree with your points.
Hungary, Germany, baku, China, Monza Ferrari should have won it. Bad luck & driver mistakes did cost the win.
Else championship would have been in different stage even we did realize after 4races that upgrades became downgrades.
Above race gp wins would have balanced it out

that terrible luck in hungary, baku, china were insane lol, it just screwed us the most, though merc car was still the best by far but it meant no chance later in the year either way even with kimi coming stronger in the later half.

RIP Legendary Sergio M his passing was a big part of having no chance at the championships too. Development went to sleep after his passing. Hopefully they can develop a solution before bahrainGP to atleast give Charles and the Seb a chance to fight for 3rd and 4th

Formula 1 fan
27th March 2019, 17:45
The team makes them for every race

Nice, very impressive. And it is a team from this site?

jgonzalesm6
27th March 2019, 18:22
Nice, very impressive. And it is a team from this site?

Ferrari "hires" an artist every year to do every GP poster. The best one IMO was Shanghai 2017. Anyways, enjoy all of 2017 & 2018

https://imgur.com/a/UkF7N (all of 2017)

https://imgur.com/a/Lq0JDu3 (all of 2018)

Stewards for the race. Max's "favorite" is here. :-D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2rgh2_WwAAfxAw.jpg

mwk360
27th March 2019, 19:12
It looks like #Ferrari has a weakness in slow speed corners. Was the same in Barcelona testing (last sector) and Melbourne. Bahrain will show the truth. #AMuS

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/gp-australien-2019-warum-ferrari-so-schwach/

nani_s23
28th March 2019, 05:38
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/gp-australien-2019-warum-ferrari-so-schwach/

If it’s true, then it’s the same weakness last year too...!! Singapore, Mexico S3, Abu Dhabi S3 etc..

WRX202
28th March 2019, 11:48
Leclerc's Bahrain Front Wing:

https://ibb.co/0MR7CGc

PURE PASSION
28th March 2019, 12:50

The same one as in test + Aus

jgonzalesm6
28th March 2019, 13:40
3rd DRS zone added

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2rD0PWX4AAoZni.jpg

Sainz to take his 2nd MGU-K (first one burned up at Oz)

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1111252850582175744/1g_his90?format=jpg&name=600x314

What's the story with this bloke "hogging" up all the journo's...:-D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2vfVE6W0AAITpa.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2vfVE-WkAE2_oV.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2vfVFBW0AA9hWF.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2vcXv1WsAApyJG.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2vTgbXXQAAzmZV.jpg

Renault brings a modified rear wing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2vc_oNXgAI8gDN.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2vdATTWkAAp0PA.jpg

Mercedes modifies the cooling area around the HALO support....again

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2v4T2JXgAANR9o.jpg

FerrariF60
28th March 2019, 13:40

well, we only had 2 weeks until Bahrain....no time to do an update wing....what did you expect?? a wing similar to red fools and Merc???

jgonzalesm6
28th March 2019, 13:47

well, we only had 2 weeks until Bahrain....no time to do an update wing....what did you expect?? a wing similar to red fools and Merc???

It's "eye candy" for the moment. Wait till testing. Maybe, just maybe, we have another one waiting in the back somewhere or in route.

PURE PASSION
28th March 2019, 14:42

Of course NOT. Maybe something different in the flaps /mainplate .AND it was just an observation, didnt judge anything.;-)

PURE PASSION
28th March 2019, 14:48
Vettel: We've done a great analysis. We have some answers, but not all of them. There were things from the setup, things from the configuration. We hope that in the next races it will be much closer. Merc was more competitive than expected and we less than we thought

#BahrainGP
Don't now how to take it!!!
Good??
Bad???
Specially the part "we have some answers BUT not all of them" ???:Hmm

nani_s23
28th March 2019, 14:53
Don't now how to take it!!!
Good??
Bad???
Specially the part "we have some answers BUT not all of them" ???:Hmm

I sense like, they want to find some answers from this weekend hence can conclude Aus performance.

stefa
28th March 2019, 15:01
I sense like, they want to find some answers from this weekend hence can conclude Aus performance.

Damage limitation...?

mardyrt
28th March 2019, 15:15
Damage limitation...?

Hey Stefa, you think that they are hiding something? I mean, what Vet said is kind of contradictory, great analysis, but still missing things. If it was great, it should have answered everything?? no?
Maybe he is saying they are not yet where they want to be, but .............
I dont know, when I read that quote, I just felt depressed.

mwk360
28th March 2019, 16:26
Any upgrades for ferrari yet? Saw lots of modifications on other cars including smaller teams like TR.

Hope we arent using the same Reveal car.

Saw on Twitter seb supposedly also saying they arent favorites after the analysis they did. in some German interview today

PURE PASSION
28th March 2019, 16:57
[AMuS] The rival teams found out that in Melbourne Ferrari deliberately turned the performance of their engine down dramatically. Around 30 to 40 hp. There were only 2 laps in which Vettel had full power available. The lap before and after the pit stop...

#F1 #BahrainGP

jgonzalesm6
28th March 2019, 17:13
Any upgrades for ferrari yet? Saw lots of modifications on other cars including smaller teams like TR.

Saw on Twitter seb supposedly also saying they arent favorites after the analysis they did. in some German interview today

I see more "cooling" features added in other teams. The RS19 really opened up the back end of the engine covers to allow for more heat to flow out the back end.

jgonzalesm6
28th March 2019, 17:15
[AMuS] The rival teams found out that in Melbourne Ferrari deliberately turned the performance of their engine down dramatically. Around 30 to 40 hp. There were only 2 laps in which Vettel had full power available. The lap before and after the pit stop...

Basically so the engine would'nt overheat they put the SF90 into "safe mode".

wisepie
28th March 2019, 17:48
Basically so the engine would'nt overheat they put the SF90 into "safe mode".

If the cooling is one of the big issues we have, surely there are fairly basic ways to allow the heat to disperse, it may affect the aero to some degree but we need to finish races rather than risk engine failures and penalties at this early stage.:Hmm:-??

ferrari1.8t
28th March 2019, 18:04
30-40 HP deficit and still managed to take P4 and P5? Lets hope that they solved the cooling issues and that they can use the car to its full capacity this weekend.

nani_s23
28th March 2019, 18:46
Damage limitation...?

Don’t think So, ferrari should be at full power this weekend & check themselves where they stand.

nani_s23
28th March 2019, 18:49

If u follow Twitter daily ... toto said even Williams are a threat pre-season.

During & after testing he said Ferrari are favourites this season

After 1st race he said RB are favourites.

After Bahrain GP he will say ..... even “safety Car” & “virtual safety car” are favourites.

From Treviso
28th March 2019, 19:53
Why would Ferrari deny that they had to turn down the power because of a cooling issue? It's not something to be assamed of, as it would put them in a better picture compared to the other top 2. As it is, the F1 world believes that the Ferrari is relatively slow, which makes them look less competitive than if they just said we turned down out engines. If true, then I would be much happier with that conclusion rather than thinking that they are slow!

ChrisFerrari
28th March 2019, 20:04
I know this will only be a single race weekend but I feel it will also be crucial. If we are indeed slower than the rest of the field and have fundamental problems with our design, then this weekend will showcase it and we can expect a 2016-like year from then. Catching up from that kind of disadvantage would seem almost impossible given how we performed in the last couple of years in terms of development. 2 bad weekends does not equal a bad year but they can very well be indicative.

KimiBot
28th March 2019, 20:08
Why would Ferrari deny that they had to turn down the power because of a cooling issue? It's not something to be assamed of, as it would put them in a better picture compared to the other top 2. As it is, the F1 world believes that the Ferrari is relatively slow, which makes them look less competitive than if they just said we turned down out engines. If true, then I would be much happier with that conclusion rather than thinking that they are slow!

Why would Seb ask in race: Why we are so slow?
I mean if engine was in "Safe Mode", I guess Seb would know that.

but anyways, I hope we are not so slow, than it looked in AUS.

IulianFerrari
28th March 2019, 20:20
Why would Seb ask in race: Why we are so slow?
I mean if engine was in "Safe Mode", I guess Seb would know that.

but anyways, I hope we are not so slow, than it looked in AUS.

I am not worried yet. Bahrain will show where we are pace wise. If we don't get one driver in the top 2, then I will be worried.

PURE PASSION
28th March 2019, 20:36
Just saw that Merc brought a new rear wing. The one thing that "annoys " me from the team,is that we are a bit slow in reactions, in in season development. We at Merc that when they are in trouble, they are quicky reacting and in the next race they bring something new to try to fix the problem.When they are in good shape, they still try to evolve every 2-3 races.
We on the other hand ,looks to be a lot numb in reactions to a problem or on upgrades. I think we are the team that chance the car the least from launch to the last race of the season.
And what bothers me and cant realy understand is that it looks like we have quite smart peaple on board since they use to design a good/competitive car for the beginning. So what's happens next?? Are they used all their energy in the design of the basic car???
Wlee let's see what will happen, but I expected more from a team that I know that they have more to give!!!

mwk360
28th March 2019, 21:16
Just saw that Merc brought a new rear wing. The one thing that "annoys " me from the team,is that we are a bit slow in reactions, in in season development. We at Merc that when they are in trouble, they are quicky reacting and in the next race they bring something new to try to fix the problem.When they are in good shape, they still try to evolve every 2-3 races.
We on the other hand ,looks to be a lot numb in reactions to a problem or on upgrades. I think we are the team that chance the car the least from launch to the last race of the season.
And what bothers me and cant realy understand is that it looks like we have quite smart peaple on board since they use to design a good/competitive car for the beginning. So what's happens next?? Are they used all their energy in the design of the basic car???
Wlee let's see what will happen, but I expected more from a team that I know that they have more to give!!!

Good post. Just saw it too. Agreed with most of what you said

Rob
28th March 2019, 21:24
SEB AND CHARLES’ EXPECTATIONS

Sebastian Vettel #5

“From a driver’s point of view, I would describe the level of difficulty for this circuit as basically ‘normal’. However, it is hard to find the right rhythm in the desert, mainly because of the sand that the wind blows onto the track. Therefore every lap is different, which can be a decisive factor, especially in qualifying. If you move just a few inches off the ideal line, you start to slide and you can throw your lap in the bin, because you just can’t make up the time you lose at this point. Therefore, the rate of mistakes is significantly higher than at other circuits. You need to be patient before overtaking, maybe waiting for the driver in front of you to have a small slide. There are two very good overtaking opportunities: at the first corner and at corner 14, after the long straight”.

Charles Leclerc #16

“Bahrain is a pretty technical track with quite extreme conditions. So it’s always interesting for us to try different things on the car during free practice, in order to be as well prepared as possible for all the various situations that we might experience in the race. It’s a track which I really enjoy driving. I also have some very good memories here. I started here in Formula 2 and had some great races, although last year was a little bit harder as I was just at the beginning of my career in Formula 1. I can’t wait to race there with Ferrari, hopefully bringing home a good result”.

Rob
28th March 2019, 21:25
“THE TEAM MENTALITY IS THE RIGHT ONE”

Sakhir, 28 March 2019 – As usual, Thursday was the time for media work for the Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow drivers, Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc, who tomorrow take to the track for free practice at the Bahrain Grand Prix, the second round of the Formula 1 World Championship.

Sebastian. A relaxed Sebastian Vettel was first up to meet the press in the team hospitality and he tackled a variety of topics, including the performance of the SF90 and expectations for the upcoming Grand Prix. Sebastian won here last year and he has good memories, including tangible ones such as the trophy. “I love the trophy here in Bahrain. I think it’s the best of the season. It’s big and heavy, that’s the way it should be!” he said. The German even engaged in a discussion on his recently acquired and highly visible moustache. Someone referenced a resemblance to Nigel Mansell, a former Scuderia driver and the 1992 World Champion. “If I was inspired by Mansell? Well, maybe it is! I like Nigel! I think he is a great person and was a Lion in the car. I like old Nige!”

Charles. Then it was Charles Leclerc’s turn, as he was on the panel in the first official press conference of the weekend. Asked to look back at his first race with Scuderia Ferrari in Australia, Charles had this to say: “Of course, it’s something special for a driver, but I didn’t feel under any particular pressure. Actually, here, more than anything I am focussed on performing better than I did in Australia. It was not an easy weekend, as we expected more after the positive outcome of the Barcelona test. I believe our package is strong and we found the answers to our lack of performance in Melbourne, although maybe not all of them. Here we will see if the Australian performance was down to a track specific issue or something else. The team mentality is the right one”, Charles added, “and we must keep it through the year. There is a lot of work to do but I am confident the team will do everything to improve the car. We are all working together as a team and that’s good.”

Free Practice. Now the track will give its verdict with two free practice sessions on Friday starting at 14:00 and 18:00 local time (12:00 and 16:00 CET.)