26th July 2019, 09:05
Here's hoping for a good weekend :-)

stefa
26th July 2019, 09:16
Here's hoping for a good weekend :-)

Here's expecting nothing.... So anything good will be beneficial :-D

Estoril
26th July 2019, 09:19
S1 and S2 are Ferrari territory (only 3 times coming off the full throttle), I have high hopes for this weekend. Should be good for Ferrari.

paolo lalli
26th July 2019, 09:34
The weather will decide this race it's a mixed bag heat wave thunderstorms rain shorts to umbrellas lets see.

RicRac
26th July 2019, 10:22
Mercedes are playing with us... The are extremely fast on the mediums

paolo lalli
26th July 2019, 10:49
Tell us something new of course mercedes are playing games .Totto will say it's to hot etc etc etc then bang pole and bang again mercedes 1st and 2nd again.Then bang again Hamilton's victory speach.Thank you love you all really really tough out there today we had to work really really hard today bla bla.oh by the way vetal got third.I really want to be wrong please.

Ferrarichamp
26th July 2019, 10:57
FP1 time nearly 3 secs off last year's pole, clearly meaningless.

nani_s23
26th July 2019, 11:14
FP1 time nearly 3 secs off last year's pole, clearly meaningless.

FP’s are meaningless from 2014. As in quali it’s 90% certain that mercs/Lewis takes the pole.
Remaining 10% is of surprises that’s it. Ferrari & RB fall into that 10% category.

FerrariF60
26th July 2019, 12:07
Here's expecting nothing.... So anything good will be beneficial :-D

True that....I ain’t expecting much either....ferrari did say that they’re not gonna bring any updat s to this race and that the car will pretty much be the same as 2 weeks ago.....so if anything we,ll be worse compared to Merc and red fools that both are bringing upgrades to this race

nhiepka
26th July 2019, 12:42
so sad, they have been sleeping many years, and their performance with up down like a wave stock market.

tifosi1993
26th July 2019, 14:07
For once, our long run pace looking good. Although the track condition will change tomorrow.

farid-baku
26th July 2019, 14:19
For once, our long run pace looking good. Although the track condition will change tomorrow. like crofty say this conditions will be in raceday too

bonzo
26th July 2019, 14:58
Reading the thread it is clear - we Ferrari fans are losing interest in this season races. Sad...

nani_s23
26th July 2019, 15:44
Can anybody tell me Wts the issue with US GP 2005? Only 6 cars start?? I would like to know the reason

Tony
26th July 2019, 16:10
Can anybody tell me Wts the issue with US GP 2005? Only 6 cars start?? I would like to know the reason

Too many years have passed for me to remember the exact details, it was an issue with the tyres Michelin brought to the race that were not able to deal with the lateral G's in certain turns:

From Wiki:

Following several tyre failures before the race, which caused major accidents for Ralf Schumacher's Toyota during Friday practice and Ricardo Zonta in the other Toyota, Michelin advised its seven customer teams that without a reduction in speed in Turn 13, the tyres provided for the race would only be safe for 10 laps. Michelin had been providing working tyres for the race since 2001. The situation was worsened by the 2005 Formula One rules, which forbade tyre changes during the race.

The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), the sport's governing body, refused a compromise proposal from Michelin to allow a chicane to be installed, maintaining that such rule changes would be grossly unfair to the Bridgestone-shod teams, who had come prepared with properly working tyres, and that a last-minute change to the track layout would be dangerous in case of crashes. The Michelin teams, unable to come to a compromise with the FIA, decided not to participate. It was later stated that the Michelin-shod teams could have potentially exposed themselves to criminal liability under Indiana state law had they competed.[2] It was also thought, since Bridgestone also provided tyres to the Indy Racing League via its Firestone brand, it understood better the loads the tyres would be under. Thus Bridgestone was able to provide a proper tyre.

In a letter to FIA Race Director Charlie Whiting dated Saturday, June 18, Michelin representatives Pierre Dupasquier and Nick Shorrock revealed that they did not know the cause of the Toyota tyre failures, and unless the cars could be slowed down in Turn 13, they could not guarantee the tyres' safety for more than 10 laps.[10] Whiting replied on Sunday, June 19, expressing his surprise that Michelin had not brought suitable tyres, suggesting that the teams should limit their drivers to the maximum safe speed specified by Michelin in Turn 13. He also addressed several solutions which had been proposed by the teams, insisting that use of the new specification tyres flown in overnight would be "a breach of the rules to be considered by the stewards", and the placement of a chicane in the turn was "out of the question" – the race would not be sanctioned by the FIA (making it a non-championship race) if the track layout was changed. He deemed the Michelin teams' proposals to be "grossly unfair" to the Bridgestone teams.[11][better source needed]

In a second letter, also dated June 18, Dupasquier and Shorrock confirmed that they would not permit their teams to race on the Michelin tyres used during qualification without changes to the circuit, and reiterated their request to slow down Turn 13. Whiting's brief reply maintained that no such change would be permitted, and gave the teams the choice of limiting speeds through Turn 13, using tyres of a different specification to those used in qualifying, subject to a penalty, or changing tyres repeatedly, which would have been permitted if a driver's safety were at issue

The Michelin representatives stated their position that the tyres provided to the teams could not safely complete the race distance, and requested that the Bridgestone teams, represented by Stoddart and Jordan's Colin Kolles, permit the installation of a chicane in Turn 13. Those present discussed and agreed to reject the FIA's solution of speed-limiting the Michelin cars in the turn because of the potential for accidents. They likewise dismissed the possibility of making pit stops every ten laps, resolved that a chicane was the best solution, and instructed several technical representatives to prepare plans for its installation. Bernie Ecclestone volunteered to consult Todt, who had not come to the meeting, and the president of the FIA, Max Mosley, who was not present at the race, and reconvene the meeting when he had responses.[9]

Ecclestone returned at about 10:55 to inform the group that Todt had refused to agree to the chicane, maintaining that it was an FIA and a Michelin problem and not his. By the time Stoddart's account of the meeting was published, Todt had already denied that he had ever been consulted, but stated that, if asked, he would not have agreed to the chicane.[13] Furthermore, Ecclestone reported that Mosley had "stated that if any attempts were made to alter the circuit, he would cancel the Grand Prix forthwith".[

nani_s23
26th July 2019, 16:15
Too many years have passed for me to remember the exact details, it was an issue with the tyres Michelin brought to the race that were not able to deal with the lateral G's in certain turns:

From Wiki:

Following several tyre failures before the race, which caused major accidents for Ralf Schumacher's Toyota during Friday practice and Ricardo Zonta in the other Toyota, Michelin advised its seven customer teams that without a reduction in speed in Turn 13, the tyres provided for the race would only be safe for 10 laps. Michelin had been providing working tyres for the race since 2001. The situation was worsened by the 2005 Formula One rules, which forbade tyre changes during the race.

The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), the sport's governing body, refused a compromise proposal from Michelin to allow a chicane to be installed, maintaining that such rule changes would be grossly unfair to the Bridgestone-shod teams, who had come prepared with properly working tyres, and that a last-minute change to the track layout would be dangerous in case of crashes. The Michelin teams, unable to come to a compromise with the FIA, decided not to participate. It was later stated that the Michelin-shod teams could have potentially exposed themselves to criminal liability under Indiana state law had they competed.[2] It was also thought, since Bridgestone also provided tyres to the Indy Racing League via its Firestone brand, it understood better the loads the tyres would be under. Thus Bridgestone was able to provide a proper tyre.

In a letter to FIA Race Director Charlie Whiting dated Saturday, June 18, Michelin representatives Pierre Dupasquier and Nick Shorrock revealed that they did not know the cause of the Toyota tyre failures, and unless the cars could be slowed down in Turn 13, they could not guarantee the tyres' safety for more than 10 laps.[10] Whiting replied on Sunday, June 19, expressing his surprise that Michelin had not brought suitable tyres, suggesting that the teams should limit their drivers to the maximum safe speed specified by Michelin in Turn 13. He also addressed several solutions which had been proposed by the teams, insisting that use of the new specification tyres flown in overnight would be "a breach of the rules to be considered by the stewards", and the placement of a chicane in the turn was "out of the question" – the race would not be sanctioned by the FIA (making it a non-championship race) if the track layout was changed. He deemed the Michelin teams' proposals to be "grossly unfair" to the Bridgestone teams.[11][better source needed]

In a second letter, also dated June 18, Dupasquier and Shorrock confirmed that they would not permit their teams to race on the Michelin tyres used during qualification without changes to the circuit, and reiterated their request to slow down Turn 13. Whiting's brief reply maintained that no such change would be permitted, and gave the teams the choice of limiting speeds through Turn 13, using tyres of a different specification to those used in qualifying, subject to a penalty, or changing tyres repeatedly, which would have been permitted if a driver's safety were at issue

The Michelin representatives stated their position that the tyres provided to the teams could not safely complete the race distance, and requested that the Bridgestone teams, represented by Stoddart and Jordan's Colin Kolles, permit the installation of a chicane in Turn 13. Those present discussed and agreed to reject the FIA's solution of speed-limiting the Michelin cars in the turn because of the potential for accidents. They likewise dismissed the possibility of making pit stops every ten laps, resolved that a chicane was the best solution, and instructed several technical representatives to prepare plans for its installation. Bernie Ecclestone volunteered to consult Todt, who had not come to the meeting, and the president of the FIA, Max Mosley, who was not present at the race, and reconvene the meeting when he had responses.[9]

Ecclestone returned at about 10:55 to inform the group that Todt had refused to agree to the chicane, maintaining that it was an FIA and a Michelin problem and not his. By the time Stoddart's account of the meeting was published, Todt had already denied that he had ever been consulted, but stated that, if asked, he would not have agreed to the chicane.[13] Furthermore, Ecclestone reported that Mosley had "stated that if any attempts were made to alter the circuit, he would cancel the Grand Prix forthwith".[

Thanks for the information.:thumb
Saw DC, Kimi wanted to race but their teams passed radio message not to drive.
Hmmm don’t know how I missed it.

Rishu
26th July 2019, 16:20
It was a bizarre Sunday, however iirc, spectators were given refund by Michelin

wisepie
26th July 2019, 16:45
Reading the thread it is clear - we Ferrari fans are losing interest in this season races. Sad...

It's been the same since HAM streaked ahead in the standings and it's no surprise that the threads have been quiet, our hopes have been dashed again big time...but I for one will still cling on in the hope that we can still mount a challenge and even win a race, despite all the negative feelings we're all experiencing. Win or lose, we are still tifosi and we don't ever surrender easily! P1-2 in FP 1/2 is at least encouraging, but the weather and Merc will probably intervene just when we look like having a chance to shine.:-E

FerrariF60
26th July 2019, 16:52
It's been the same since HAM streaked ahead in the standings and it's no surprise that the threads have been quiet, our hopes have been dashed again big time...but I for one will still cling on in the hope that we can still mount a challenge and even win a race, despite all the negative feelings we're all experiencing. Win or lose, we are still tifosi and we don't ever surrender easily! P1-2 in FP 1/2 is at least encouraging, but the weather and Merc will probably intervene just when we look like having a chance to shine.:-E

Mercs playing with us mate...don’t trust them especially that wolf Totto in sheep’s clothing as far as I can throw him

I’d be surprised if Hamster won’t take pole tomorrow and more importantly win the race on Sunday....but if it happens otherwise I’d be happier then $#/% if one of our boys would win on Sunday

We’ll see how the rest of the weekend will unveil

Ferrarichamp
26th July 2019, 17:10
on a positive note, it does seem we are faster than Red Bull, at least I hope.

TonyRizza
26th July 2019, 17:58
Redbull will be faster in the race as the tyres work better for them

Decoded
26th July 2019, 18:37
Kimi:Really?

Seb: It was in lap

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/videos/339183073669009/

racingbradley
26th July 2019, 19:34
Redbull will be faster in the race as the tyres work better for them
I'm feeling optimistic.
Our luck by normal law of averages has to change.
It's Hockenheim last year Seb lost it on a rainy track when he could have won.
The tide needs to change and maybe this is the place to do it.
Onwards and upwards. :-)

WS6TransAm01
26th July 2019, 20:23

My friend and I were there. First GP I went to. We were not offered a refund. We were given the same seats for free for the 2006 USGP.

nani_s23
26th July 2019, 20:36

Teams should respect the driver thoughts.
Was watching some highlights of previous era races. Got this US GP n was shocked to see only 6 cars on grid.
After the race kimi was saying “for a moment my radio could have been off”.
DC was saying “I’ll take a risk”.

After all it’s racing.

nani_s23
26th July 2019, 20:37
My friend and I were there. First GP I went to. We were not offered a refund. We were given the same seats for free for the 2006 USGP.

:thumb

paolo lalli
26th July 2019, 20:43
As Ferrari fans we are tired just like this forum.We have all contributed our thoughts our ideas our anger our frustrations and criticism we have truley given it our all.Save your energy and say what will be will be Ferrari have hit the bottom from there the only way is up.As for disappointment and final results wa all should be amune to this by now but as always good luck to the team.

racingbradley
26th July 2019, 21:25
Ferrari have hit the bottom from there the only way is up. As for disappointment and final results wa all should be amune to this by now but as always good luck to the team.

The bottom is where Williams are now.
We cannot always expect to be at the top even though a few wins would be nice!!!
But consistent podiums at most races so far isn't quite bottom.
Tifosi never give up. :-)

wappad
26th July 2019, 21:59
We cannot always expect to be at the top even though a few wins would be nice!!!

Well said :thumb

Good luck for the weekend Scuderia:clap

ferrari1.8t
27th July 2019, 03:23
lol, I should be used to this bias by now, but I can’t seem to get over it. It makes me both laugh and angry at the same time. Ferrari locking out the front row in both FP’s is not worthy of a headline. Obviously Hamilton’s Hollywood career is more important! :rotfl

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/h255/tonyferrari/0/92c823a6-b12f-4f2b-86ab-2e6b4fd6fba2-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://beta.photobucket.com/u/tonyferrari/p/92c823a6-b12f-4f2b-86ab-2e6b4fd6fba2)

I really hope Ferrari can do something this weekend and get a much needed win. It would help the moral of the drivers, team, tifosi, this forum and F1 fans all around the world. Forza Seb and Leclerc!

Brembo
27th July 2019, 04:48

I remember fans throwing water bottles at Schumy as he drove by when the race had only 6 or 8 car, Rubens had to let him pass ! What a joke. That's correct, I got two tickets for the next race.

bonzo
27th July 2019, 10:20
Fp3 any live stream, pls??

Rishu
27th July 2019, 10:23
Seems we have the upper hand so far

tifosi1993
27th July 2019, 10:23
We are faster than Merc in S2 and 3. Looking good

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 10:24
https://cricfree.sc/sky-sports-f1-live-streams-new

tifosi1993
27th July 2019, 10:28
Sector 1: Bottas 15.777, Ham 15.814, Lec 15.824, Vet 15.892

Sector 2: Lec 34.950, Vet 35.116, Ham 35.380, Bot 35.495

Sector 3: Lec 21.949, Vet 22.125, Ham 22.267, Bot 22.355

bonzo
27th July 2019, 10:30
https://cricfree.sc/sky-sports-f1-live-streams-new
Not working on ipad, thanks anyway.

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 10:33
http://strims.world/live/3/f1tv.php?source=2

tifosi1993
27th July 2019, 10:44
0.3 gap on a short track is quite big.

Rishu
27th July 2019, 10:45
0.3 gap on a short track is quite big.

What about Mercedes, half a second in just one sector? Not sure which Mercedes will turn up in Quali

stefa
27th July 2019, 10:46
We are faster than Merc in S2 and 3. Looking good

Let's wait for Q!?

tifosi1993
27th July 2019, 10:47
Charles 1m12.380, fastest in S2, but no PB in S1 and 3.

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 10:48
yeah hopefully this is turning point
they have been working whole year with car, hopefully results starts to come now

Ferrarichamp
27th July 2019, 10:48
just checking the times now, how can Bottas be 0.5s faster than Ham?

Rishu
27th July 2019, 10:54

Hamilton’s last lap time deleted

tifosi1993

Ham's time got deleted

KimiBot
Grosjean has difficult to get contract for 2020 I guess

Rishu
27th July 2019, 10:57
I hope grid for tomorrow remains like this, I want to see Leclerc v Verstappen again

paolo lalli
27th July 2019, 10:58
Charles will be the new Lewis Hamilton 100%.

stefa
27th July 2019, 11:00
Charles will be the new Lewis Hamilton 100%.

Everyone can be new LH if there is a car/engine like Mercedes is!

tifosi1993
27th July 2019, 11:02
Sector 1

Ham 15.619
Vet 15.643
Lec 15.657
Bot 15.672
Max 15.769

Sector 2

Lec 34.766
Max 34.965
Vet 34.972
Ham 35.131
Bot 35.289

Sector 3

Lec 21.910
Bot 21.929
Max 21.930
Vet 21.973
Ham 22.043

(*included sector times from Hamilton's deleted lap)

bonzo
27th July 2019, 11:06
http://strims.world/live/3/f1tv.php?source=2

Works fine, thanks.

PURE PASSION
27th July 2019, 11:13
Sector 1

Ham 15.619
Vet 15.643
Lec 15.657
Bot 15.672
Max 15.769

Sector 2

Lec 34.766
Max 34.965
Vet 34.972
Ham 35.131
Bot 35.289

Sector 3

Lec 21.910
Bot 21.929
Max 21.930
Vet 21.973
Ham 22.043

this are the Best sector times??
Bacause it boesnt add up the 0,168 difference from Ver !!!

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 11:21
I would love to see Mercs 0.5 behind in guali and maybe even RB ahead them

tifosi1993
27th July 2019, 11:24
this are the Best sector times??

Yes

Bacause it boesnt add up the 0,168 difference from Ver !!!

Leclerc's first lap: 1m12.387 (15.657, 34.825. 21.905)

2nd lap: 1m12.380 (15.704, 34.766, 21.910)

Tifoso Svedese
27th July 2019, 11:27
Radar is looking surprisingly good right now. The convective index is as low as 300 joules/kg in the Ventusky global satellite radar forecast for 2 pm, and that's a lot lower than a certain thunderstorm would indicate (say 1,000 joules/kg). The rain seems to go north of the track through the town of Worms rather than Heidelberg, that's a sizeable margin. If so, Charles is looking good for pole. Vettel an outside bet, but tomorrow would still be really tough even with a front-row lockout, let alone one of Verstappen or Hammy on the front row. Don't like Verstappen being close on one-lap pace at all if there's to be a win this weekend.

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 11:56
Everyone can be new LH if there is a car/engine like Mercedes is!

:rotfl

Charles should not be LH, he should be next to Schumi.
As far I see, in a difficult car he’s been performing top notch. Which Ham can’t do.
So Charles is not new LH.

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 11:57
Sector 1

Ham 15.619
Vet 15.643
Lec 15.657
Bot 15.672
Max 15.769

Sector 2

Lec 34.766
Max 34.965
Vet 34.972
Ham 35.131
Bot 35.289

Sector 3

Lec 21.910
Bot 21.929
Max 21.930
Vet 21.973
Ham 22.043

Damn those S3 times are relatively neck n neck.
Charles S2 confidence level making difference for him.
Nobody attacking those entry with such confidence as Charles does it.

Rob
27th July 2019, 12:31

One of the big issues my friend. Is, alot of "ferrari vans" are/have been spoilt. Because of the success we had in early 00s. So, they think we should be deserving to have that success again. They, fair weather supporters. Love it when we win, but as soon as we hit hard times, love to belittle and moan about the team and structure of the team. End of the day. What ever Mercs have done/doing in this era, we just got to suck it up, stop acting like spoilt brats because we not winning. And support the team. Our turn will come again. Not nice to watch sometimes, but if these "fans" find it hard to support a team that isn't winning then they must, in my opinion must look elsewhere and question their own support.

Me, I'm not fussed, as many here know about f1. Lost interest years ago. Will try watch it, but just can not stand the merc rbe sky love fest, or even fact that fia cannt see how much mercs success is has hurt f1. Hell, they even changed the rules for 2005 to stop us winning as media and fans were moaning when we had those years of success.

Spa 24hrs on this Weekend, so be watching that.

TonyRizza
27th July 2019, 12:56
Everyone ready for a pole position ruined by soft tyres in q2?

Cavallino
27th July 2019, 13:06
for once can we start a race on the freaking medium tyres please!!!

stefa
27th July 2019, 13:07
Seb with problem

stefa
27th July 2019, 13:08
This is black magic!!!!

TonyRizza
27th July 2019, 13:08
Ferrari are hopeless

tifosi1993
27th July 2019, 13:11
This is not even funny anymore. They simply cannot get one ******* weekend right.

Rishu
27th July 2019, 13:13
Seb & Hockenheim don’t go well together

chinmay
27th July 2019, 13:13
Everyone looking relaxed in Ferrari garage. Either the problem is fixed or they realize the car can now only run in race.

stefa
27th July 2019, 13:14
It over

JChan
27th July 2019, 13:14
what happen to SV?

tifosi1993
27th July 2019, 13:15
what happen to SV?

Usual Ferrari **** ups

stefa
27th July 2019, 13:15
Ferrari will be 1st from both ends :-D

Rookie
27th July 2019, 13:16
Wow, when SV has a mistake all the pitch forks are out. How about now? God Damn Ferrari!

Cevertmyhero
It never never happens to Merc does it??? :(

denskits
race gods why SV???????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapa talk to

IulianFerrari
27th July 2019, 13:17
How much until we begin the "sackem all" thread? Asking for a friend

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 13:17
Great job by ferrari.!!! Vettel can’t catch luck anytime soon. It’s reminding me of his 2013 season.

TonyRizza
27th July 2019, 13:20
Great job by ferrari.!!! Vettel can’t catch luck anytime soon. It’s reminding me of his 2013 season.

He better win 9 in a row then

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 13:20

No way. The form he’s in & with car it’s mission impossible.

stefa
27th July 2019, 13:22

Good joke

darkchild
Terrible, terrible. Not like he looked ready for pole, but this is really bad. How can we always have such problems?

At least Vettel's confidence will be higher, because Leclerc would 100% beat him easily on his home soil, so there is that...

Ferrari312T4
Is this cup of bad luck not empty yet. Possible front row lock out down the drain again.

Rishu
Not this weekend, Mercs are in trouble, we needed to capitalise

Schumiklub
27th July 2019, 13:23
Apparently a Turbo failure for Seb.

PURE PASSION
27th July 2019, 13:24
In what did they made their laps??
I mean Lec/Ver /Ham etc!!

darkchild
27th July 2019, 13:25
In what did they made their laps??
I mean Lec/Ver /Ham etc!!

Softs.

PURE PASSION
27th July 2019, 13:26
Softs.

Everybody?

Nick Singer
27th July 2019, 13:31
All to play for guys!

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 13:32
Looks really good now

PURE PASSION
27th July 2019, 13:35
Looks really good now

I would prefer Lec to be 1st and Ham 2nd with 2 tenths difference!!!

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 13:37

Charles mediums, Ham softs

PURE PASSION
27th July 2019, 13:39
Charles mediums, Ham softs

Νο!!!
Same on Mediums !!!

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 13:44
Νο!!!
Same on Mediums !!!

Okey, I was sure I saw Ham had softs

PURE PASSION
27th July 2019, 13:44
Dont tell that we have problems in Lec's car also ????!!!!

SilverSpeed
27th July 2019, 13:50
Omg Ferrari srly...

Just quit F1 this is not to our standards.

IulianFerrari
You can not be serious

tifosi1993
Problem in Leclerc's car. :roll

TonyRizza
Ferrari are so ****... Why do I have to support them

Rishu
27th July 2019, 13:52
That’s pathetic

Rishu
Leclerc had Pole in his pocket

Seb
We are an absolute joke.

drax
Pathetic

TonyRizza
27th July 2019, 13:53
Leclerc deserves better than ferrari

stefa

It will not be

nani_s23
:rotfl LH fans will says Lewis earned it.

Now this is another example, Lewis is pretty damn lucky

Schumiklub
WTH is wrong with our team!? This is just horribly depressing!

The Architect
27th July 2019, 13:55
What clowns. An utter shambles. Ferrari will never win anything.

Schumiklub
With this kind of reliability we don't deserve to win!

Christopher
Typical Ferrari. Rubbish as usual

TonyRizza
27th July 2019, 13:56
Glad I'm on night shift and woke up early for this... Thanks ferrari... Your uselsss

stefa
What clowns. An utter shambles. Ferrari will never win anything.

This is 80's all over again!

tifosi1993
This team is a completely joke. With all that money and resources, they can't do anything right.

vcs316
This is horrendous. When will Ferrari get it right?

nani_s23
Funny thing is when ever ferrari is
Fastest these things happen.

When bad luck is with mercs we are not there. But when bad luck is with ferrari, mercs are right there.

racingbradley
27th July 2019, 13:59
What rotten luck for both our drivers when things were looking so good. :-( :dighole

doublesixes
27th July 2019, 14:00
Formula 1 is officially dead.

vcs316
27th July 2019, 14:00
Ferrari should take a break for a year from F1. Sort out the structure and especially the people and then come back in 2021!

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 14:03
Charles can show tomorrow some racing skills and take podium from P10

Warp
We had the pace for P1-2 :(

Schumiklub
Charles can show tomorrow some racing skills and take podium from P10

Well screw the podium, he could have fought of the win.

IulianFerrari
27th July 2019, 14:04
Kimi 5th. Great job

darkchild
27th July 2019, 14:04
Binotto needs to of from managing two positions, he cant handle 2 different jobs and 1000 people under him.

On that point, we'll Ill take this and have fun watching us fighting through the field as we would have lost out on pole or in race starting from pole anyhow.

tifosi1993
27th July 2019, 14:05
Ferrari should take a break for a year from F1. Sort out the structure and especially the people and then come back in 2021!

Couldn't agree more. I think enough is enough. They should re-construct their base in UK, having your main base in Italy is a huge disadvantage.

bondilad
27th July 2019, 14:08
We should bring next year's car and start testing every race weekend.

Schumiklub
27th July 2019, 14:10
Kimi only 7 tenths off the pole, Charles could have killed it. But when the car breaks down, what can you do...

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 14:15
Well screw the podium, he could have fought of the win.

Yes, but it is what it is, this year is lost anyway long time ago, so I do not mind to see some spectacular moves from Charles tomorrow.

racingbradley
27th July 2019, 14:19
Karun reckons that our problems to-day are not due to bad luck but poor preparation!!!
I find that hard to believe until we look at Merc's record. :-s

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 14:23
Karun reckons that our problems to-day are not due to bad luck but poor preparation!!!

I was thinking the same. Binotto talks much, but we really do not see results of that talk. Arrivabene was a quiet guy, but results was good.

WS6TransAm01
27th July 2019, 14:29
I said it in another thread but Ferrari now seem to be masters at wasting talent. They wasted Alonso and Vettel and will soon waste Leclerc. Charles needs to leave ASAP if he doesn’t want to be yet another “almost champion.”

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 14:31
maybe Binotto is the worst team boss that Ferrari have had, I do not remember so bad year than this

drax
27th July 2019, 14:37
Calm down, the car is clearly getting better from race to race, they are trying to catch up, and obviously taking more risks.

We end up paying these risks.

bonzo
27th July 2019, 14:41
We are an absolute joke.

Yeah, Enzo must be turning in his grave. About time to close shop. Worst ever season in the last 12 years. Bring back Arrivabene, MB is just helpless on all fronts - strategy, reliability, team spirit, team confidence.

bonzo
27th July 2019, 14:41
Calm down, the car is clearly getting better from race to race, they are trying to catch up, and obviously taking more risks.

Which Formula are u watching?

bonzo
27th July 2019, 14:42
maybe Binotto is the worst team boss that Ferrari have had, I do not remember so bad year than this

Even Dominicalli the accountant was better, he had some wins.

bonzo
27th July 2019, 14:44
When was the last time BOTH cars broke in qualy??

Arcana
27th July 2019, 14:46
I didn't watch the qualifying and most likely I won't be able to see the race. But I just read the quali report... it's just sad and I don't think that we will get any wins this season.

bonzo
27th July 2019, 14:46
WTH is wrong with our team!? This is just horribly depressing!

Managed by Italians.

bonzo
27th July 2019, 14:48
I didn't watch the qualifying and most likely I won't be able to see the race. But I just read the quali report... it's just sad and I don't think that we will get any wins this season.

Wins? Just pray we cross the finish line with BOTH cars till season end.

bonzo
27th July 2019, 14:50
We had the pace for P1-2 :(

I like your sense of humor

Tifoso Svedese
27th July 2019, 14:55
This is just too much. Lots of people need to get sacked IMMEDIATELY, Leclerc could've won this race and now this?

:-!

The biggest embarassment in the team's history, it's unspeakable. That they can't even get the cars rolling sufficently enough to cruise around and take a decent grid position.

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 14:56
For sure RB will finish ahead of us in WCC with this pace

drax
27th July 2019, 15:05
Sack everyone, sack everyone, the they will go to Merc like the previous ones we sacked... and suddenly become great. Aldo Costa is coming back, everyone is excited ? I remember everyone a few years asking for his head on this forum.

Guys this is not football, you just don’t sack the manager and the new one is just amazing.

chinmay
27th July 2019, 15:08

Mercedes brought an upgrade which according to Lewis, worked very well and yet Ferrari was fast despite slow corners and downforce issues. Ferrari has already made massive progress and improving every weekend. Exciting times ahead!

paolo lalli
Ferrari meltdown as I have said before I am used to the continual failures.Ferrari do not know how to win they gave this to Merc on a plate.Which f##### driver wants to be a part of this rat race of an organisation. No wonder vetal is stressed out and poor Charles all that fantastic work on top all the way only to amount to F### all.Totally unacceptable an embarrassment to the sport heads should roll a blunder of epic proportion.

nani_s23
Sack everyone, sack everyone, the they will go to Merc like the previous ones we sacked... and suddenly become great. Aldo Costa is coming back, everyone is excited ? I remember everyone a few years asking for his head on this forum.

Guys this is not football, you just don’t sack the manager and the new one is just amazing.

:clap

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 15:09
I personally feel ferrari will be strong next year.
Same thing happened with 2017 come 2018 we had a strong car.

chinmay
27th July 2019, 15:10

2017 + 2018 = 2020

bonzo
27th July 2019, 15:11

Not everyone, just bring in a REAL manager who can motivate the team and give the young engineers freedom of expression, freedom to put forward their ideas and designs.

Alakshendra
27th July 2019, 15:12
I think italian engineers are seriously not good enough, for italian team pricipals are all of them just disappointed,Stefano Domenicali , Marco Mattiacci,Maurizio Arrivabene , Mattia Binotto all just failures why such kind of ego why not hiring some really good german or UK based engineers, all are see is every season lewis winning so easily and his fanboys calling him some kind of god and here we doing some more circus.

bonzo
27th July 2019, 15:16
I think italian engineers are seriously not good enough, for italian team pricipals are all of them just disappointed,Stefano Domenicali , Marco Mattiacci,Maurizio Arrivabene , Mattia Binotto all just failures why such kind of ego why not hiring some really good german or UK based engineers, all are see is every season lewis winning so easily and his fanboys calling him some kind of god and here we doing some more circus.

The problem is not Italian engineers - Aldo Costa proved to be very good at Merc. Because of German management, non Italian management.

wappad
27th July 2019, 15:16

paolo lalli
27th July 2019, 15:18
LEWIS HAMILTON.priceless said he probably would have pole without Ferrari issues .That egotistical moron was no where wake up Lewis Charles whipped the floor with you and you now it CHARLIE boy can beat that clown no problems.Hamilton is a bottom feeder who sucseeds with and only the misfortune of others.

Ferrari312T4
27th July 2019, 15:22
I think it's really ridiculous to say that italians are incompetent to be in management roles or even as mechanics.

FranksterGM
27th July 2019, 15:27
Managed by Italians.

Follow a different team then, plenty to choose from.
Ferrari are an Italian team.

Tifoso Svedese
27th July 2019, 15:49
I didn't say everyone, but seriously there are some people that clearly need to go. The strategist to start things off and then the people deemed responsible for these three shocking in-qualy failures directly. So, I'm sure two-three people could easily be gotten rid of, rather than as some people here say "sack Seb", well what on earth is he supposed to do if he can't even finish qualifying because the "red truck" as Prost would've said can't even get that far?

To be honest, if either car makes the first pit stop tomorrow it'll be a success considering today. This is Ferrari's worst qualifying in 70 years and I'm not even making it up. Both cars finishing their respective sessions without an official end time just to complete one single lap in each session, that's just the most extraordinary failure ever. We all know it. Thing is, Malaysia 2017 was sort of the same in terms of a blackout, a guaranteed 1-2 thrown away. This wasn't a guaranteed 1-2, but definitely should've been 1-3 on the grid. If a failure is worse than the Southeast Asian tour of 2017, then you know it's deeply disturbing. Both Charles and Seb have now been royally screwed by the team twice each in qualifying this season. Unacceptable all round.

BRP
27th July 2019, 15:52
Bring Flavio as Team Pricipal
Win at all costs

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 15:53
LEWIS HAMILTON.priceless said he probably would have pole without Ferrari issues .That egotistical moron was no where wake up Lewis Charles whipped the floor with you and you now it CHARLIE boy can beat that clown no problems.Hamilton is a bottom feeder who sucseeds with and only the misfortune of others.

This guy, terms himself as legend. He was struggling all the weekend n saying he could challenge Leclerc.
Damnnn

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 15:53
Bring Flavio as Team Pricipal
Win at all costs

Haas TP is enough.

wappad
27th July 2019, 15:58

Bravo!! Italian it is :thumb

Despite the disappointments this year, it still is a pleasure to support the team.

Forza Ferrari :clap

Oops, I feel a 'pathetic' coming..;-)

BRP
27th July 2019, 16:00
Christiaan Horner is probably the best at the moment

racingbradley
27th July 2019, 16:02
I know this sounds stupid and I will get shot down but it's a bit fishy how we were so dominant yet both cars had problems when it came to quali. :-??
Charles looked set for a pole only to be denied the chance by a fuel system problem and Seb had an airflow gremlin.
Of course this is a special weekend for Merc and they wanted pole.
Could we have someone in our team still working for them???
I noticed Toto was over commiserating with Binotto pretty quickly after the race.
Maybe I have read too many crime and espionage thrillers ;-) :lol

Giallo 550
27th July 2019, 16:02
I think I’m going to be sick. 🤢

tpe
27th July 2019, 16:05
Can someone explain to me Karun's statement?
My reading on his comment is that simply someone didn't bolt the systems correctly!

TonyRizza
27th July 2019, 16:05
I know this sounds stupid and I will get shot down but it's a bit fishy how we were so dominant yet both cars had problems when it came to quali. :-??
Charles looked set for a pole only to be denied the chance by a fuel system problem and Seb had an airflow gremlin.
I noticed Toto was over commiserating with Binotto pretty quickly after the race.

Nah ferrari are just an amateur team at this point run by clowns.

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 16:09
My reading on his comment is that simply someone didn't bolt the systems correctly!

He’s just a mercs puppet.
Will talk non-sense rather than facts. He called Lewis pole as stunning pole from nowhere it seems.
When Ferrari’s haven’t performed in quali where they had strong weekend how could he say stunning pole?

WS6TransAm01
27th July 2019, 16:09

You’re delusional... in 2020 Ferrari will finish 4th in the WCC.

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 16:11
I don’t blame ferrari for this quali failure.
Team is trying very hard to give the best car to their drivers in the process they are getting fumbled as there is lot of pressure from Italian media, Tifosi & legacy it’s carrying.

WS6TransAm01
27th July 2019, 16:15
I think it's really ridiculous to say that italians are incompetent to be in management roles or even as mechanics.

You can think whatever you want, it the numbers don’t lie.

An Italian team which hasn’t been successful since it was lead by a Frenchman and a German.

WS6TransAm01
27th July 2019, 16:16
Team is trying very hard to give the best car to their drivers in the process they are getting fumbled as there is lot of pressure from Italian media, Tifosi & legacy it’s carrying.

So who’s fault is it? Someone screwed something up. Should they all get participation trophies?

TonyRizza
27th July 2019, 16:16

Team is 100% to blame

Alakshendra
27th July 2019, 16:18
Supporting any other team is unimaginable, but we do have right to complain, i am following ferrari from 2002 and recent few years have been the worse. Lewis fanboys, british media making him legend and clearly we are not able to make the right car. From the time of 2008 we are always on back foot and as a fan it really is irrtating. I will support Ferrari always but yes i do expect them to hire better engineers/ better management whatever i just want the red car to dominate that is it and if it requires some sacking so be it.

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 16:19
Team is 100% to blame

It’s the pressure & added to that it’s a new team. Which has been under scrutiny from long time.

evo_spook
27th July 2019, 16:20

Always running free practice with higher engine modes then anyone else

nani_s23
27th July 2019, 16:21
So who’s fault is it? Someone screwed something up. Should they all get participation trophies?

I call it as pressure to deliver

WS6TransAm01
27th July 2019, 16:29
I call it as pressure to deliver

Really dude? Really? People within the team are under pressure so they are allowed to fail? No other team puts pressure on their personnel? Every sport has pressure to perform. Stop making excuses.

Face it, the team is full of incompetent people from the top down. This is why the fail time and time again. It is their fault and no one else’s. They all need to be fired. The entire team. Take a year of and start new in 2021.

Cavallino
27th July 2019, 16:32
Doesn't matter anyway, the pole would be meaningless given Merc wet weather pace.

And if Ferrari IS quick in the wet somehow. The starting positions shouldn't matter much...

Cavallino
27th July 2019, 16:32
Now, if it doesn't rain. Then yes, this was a botch and someone needs to be fired.

stefa
27th July 2019, 16:50
Really dude? Really? People within the team are under pressure so they are allowed to fail? No other team puts pressure on their personnel? Every sport has pressure to perform. Stop making excuses.

Face it, the team is full of incompetent people from the top down. This is why the fail time and time again. It is their fault and no one else’s. They all need to be fired. The entire team. Take a year of and start new in 2021.

As harsh as it is, it is true....

wisepie

I had exactly the same thoughts, is sabotage involved? Something doesn't add up and it is soul-destroying for the drivers and the tifosi to see our team in such dire straits. First Charles at his home GP and now Seb in Germany, we'll be lucky to hold on to either driver at this rate. It seems odd to have two reliability issues on separate cars in the same quali session, what could possibly have been a 1-2 in quali is now a 10-20, and if it rains tomorrow all hell will be let loose and we'll be lucky to even finish knowing how wayward our car can be in the wet. I feel for our drivers and if the reliability issues are genuine, something is desperately lacking in the team's preparation, it has nothing to do with being Italian which for me is what makes Ferrari what it is and it hurts me beyond belief to watch this pantomime play out.:furious:-E:-s

stefa
I really wander why I am throwing my money away and going to Hungaroring next week :Hmm

stefa
27th July 2019, 16:51
I had exactly the same thoughts, is sabotage involved? Something doesn't add up and it is soul-destroying for the drivers and the tifosi to see our team in such dire straits. First Charles at his home GP and now Seb in Germany, we'll be lucky to hold on to either driver at this rate. It seems odd to have two reliability issues on separate cars in the same quali session, what could possibly have been a 1-2 in quali is now a 10-20, and if it rains tomorrow all hell will be let loose and we'll be lucky to even finish knowing how wayward our car can be in the wet. I feel for our drivers and if the reliability issues are genuine, something is desperately lacking in the team's preparation, it has nothing to do with being Italian which for me is what makes Ferrari what it is and it hurts me beyond belief to swatch this pantomime play out.:furious:-E:-s

At least first digits are the same :lol
It was stronger than me. I know these are hard times for Ferrari, but I have my life and other thing in it that I love. I can not allow these.... I don't know what to call them to ruin it it for me... No way! Someone said, beware of fools, they look the same as people!
Life life, enjoy every moment of it! It is only one, without reprise and it goes very fast to be bothered with things like this!

wisepie
27th July 2019, 16:54
At least first digits are the same :lol

Not funny, stefa! The sooner they start reversing the grids, the better, at least we'd have one up front and one in the middle!;-):roll

WS6TransAm01
27th July 2019, 17:24
I really wander why I am throwing my money away and going to Hungaroring next week :Hmm

Have some beer. Eat some good food. Hang out with friends. Ignore the raging dumpster fire on the track.

Greig
27th July 2019, 17:25
An Italian team which hasn’t been successful since it was lead by a Frenchman and a German.

Yeah we never won titles before them...right......also the Frenchman took many years to get Ferrari winning it was not all perfect from the moment Todt arrived...but some had some patience back then thankfully or he would have been sacked long before MS arrived....

Greig
27th July 2019, 17:25

Why? you can still support the team even if they are not winning no?

PURE PASSION
27th July 2019, 18:32

jragona
27th July 2019, 18:35

I can tell you the result if you like! :-D

Come
27th July 2019, 18:39

I'd relieve you off your pain just give me the tickets. :-P

Ferrarichamp
27th July 2019, 18:44
I was out this afternoon, just checked the Q3 times, Ferrari P10 & 20 couldn't believe it at first. Anyone think Max has a chance to win?

Rob
27th July 2019, 18:52

Why? Just because we not winning you don't want to go and support the team you say you support?

If my interest in f1 was still high I would of gone to silverstone this year. No matter how ferrari do or doing, they my team. Support them through tough times.

Aziz
27th July 2019, 19:15
Why? Just because we not winning you don't want to go and support the team you say you support?

If my interest in f1 was still high I would of gone to silverstone this year. No matter how ferrari do or doing, they my team. Support them through tough times.

Would be nice if Scuderia Ferrari starts to support them selfs

F430
27th July 2019, 19:19
Managed by Italians.

I couldnt find the Bulgarian team today on the grid

stefa
27th July 2019, 19:32
Have some beer. Eat some good food. Hang out with friends. Ignore the raging dumpster fire on the track.

I love Ferrari and I love F1 it is like drug, once you are hooked it is for life, even if it bad drug in recent years. Still I'll go, as I am going to Hunagaroring since 1995!

stefa
27th July 2019, 19:33

It is not because of that. I am going to Hungary since 1995 and those ware the desperate years....

paolo lalli
27th July 2019, 19:47
Ferrari have massive internal failures with in the organisation.Mr Binnotto has highlighted this.He takes full responsibility for the qualifying disaster.This internal problem has been going on to long now it has been the catalyst to Ferrari failures.With all the technology etc they still screw it up.All those tech issues would have sent of sensors prior but typical lazy self serving personal ignored it 100% .Ferrari is to political inside to italian and makes life very difficult.

Ferrarichamp
27th July 2019, 19:54

It is odd when you consider double failures are rare in qualy (when was the last time that happened to Ferrari?), and as you say this is a special home race for Mercs...
a bizarre coincidence i guess :Hmm

TonyRizza
27th July 2019, 20:00
It is not because of that. I am going to Hungary since 1995 and those ware the desperate years....

Is Hungary cheap?

stefa
27th July 2019, 20:11

Ohh, I was there when podium was illusive...

WS6TransAm01
27th July 2019, 20:19
Yeah we never won titles before them...right......also the Frenchman took many years to get Ferrari winning it was not all perfect from the moment Todt arrived...but some had some patience back then thankfully or he would have been sacked long before MS arrived....

Todd joined in 94. They won the WCC in 99. 5 years. Okay. Not 11

WS6TransAm01
27th July 2019, 20:21
I love Ferrari and I love F1 it is like drug, once you are hooked it is for life, even if it bad drug in recent years. Still I'll go, as I am going to Hunagaroring since 1995!

You are right! They are like a drug. You keep doing it even though it’s bad for you. lol

paolo lalli
27th July 2019, 20:50
LEWIS HAMILTON said it perfectly on Ferrari news 24 .Ferrari has a disease which needs to be cured.We need Ferrari to compete against .Well said Lewis.

SilverSpeed
27th July 2019, 21:02
Or it's the same guy who did both engines, or it's sabotage, or it's bad luck, or it's rapper boys spies, or it's a trap, or sack em all.

Liscia
27th July 2019, 21:08
I have supported Ferrari since 1953 and cannot ever see myself supporting another team, and would maybe drop out of following F1. If this keeps up I probably won't follow as closely as I have in the past - it's too painful and I end up being miserable. Our team MUST please turn things around and soon!

KimiBot
27th July 2019, 21:08
I was out this afternoon, just checked the Q3 times, Ferrari P10 & 20 couldn't believe it at first. Anyone think Max has a chance to win?

Honda is getting better, more HP, so yes, Max has a chance to win.

racingbradley
27th July 2019, 21:41

Stefa you love the team bring them luck ln Hungary :-)

Timpolidori
27th July 2019, 22:12
Perhaps he should stop moonlighting and concentrate on one job rolehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190727/80b216e076efa1a17a57da2861d813a2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Timpolidori
27th July 2019, 22:27
What I mean by that post is that Binotto is obviously talented but he was TD and TP for a while, but why sack arrivabene when he was good at delegation. Dobbiamo.. per forza sistemare questi sbagli perché se e a posta.. e vogliamo essere secondi per I sponsor e un po' ovvio adesso........forza Ferrari, per favore pioggia... ma scommetti che non piove domani

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

stefa
27th July 2019, 22:52

I really do hope so!!!!

stefa
27th July 2019, 23:05
Is Hungary cheap?

In a way, yes. Somethings are, and some not so

stefa
27th July 2019, 23:08

Seb won in Hungary in 2015 and 2017. I would like to think that it is obvious for 2019!

bonzo
27th July 2019, 23:31

No, you are rightly suspicious - we had that case some years ago, remember? The traitor who sold our car blueprints to Ron Dennis.

nhiepka
28th July 2019, 03:51
why dont they fire all old men engineers with old knowledge (zombies just want to get salary because they work in the company for a long time) whom are not good at their works any more ? They should hire new young engineers with high spirit....

vcs316
28th July 2019, 04:38
Ferrari needs to re-learn how to win championships in this complex hybrid era. We have the tools and resources - just need to use them right. 1 WDC and WCC win does wonders for the confidence!

Brembo
28th July 2019, 06:23
It's hard to understand how Ferrari as you say with all the tools and resources, and being the F-1 team forever, can not get it right and send their drivers out in a car that can at least do a race , quali. start to finish, without so many reasons why they messed up. Just look at Honda getting things in order during 2018 with Toro Russo , and jumping into the R Bull team in 2019 . 1 win already and the main threat to Merc ! Charles I believe is as good as any driver out there . I believe he should have 3 wins already, based on his driving alone. I still go race to race thinking there's hope for a Ferrari win. Second 1/2 may just be the dream come true !!! Fans talking about 2021 as the next hope should " STOP" posting that , or just come back here in 2021. That's far worse than admitting Lewis' driving also counts when his car wins a race!:rotfl

Greig
28th July 2019, 07:23

Yeah so there was patience, Binotto has had less than a year and people are ready to sack him lol. He has to have time to change the team and it's not going to happen overnight, he clearly has a plan and will bring in his own people.

nani_s23
28th July 2019, 07:53
Yeah so there was patience, Binotto has had less than a year and people are ready to sack him lol. He has to have time to change the team and it's not going to happen overnight, he clearly has a plan and will bring in his own people.

Totally agree with you. That’s what I’ve said earlier. I feel coming years we would be strong.
Need to be patient. Already this season is gone, can’t be much worse than this.

IulianFerrari
28th July 2019, 07:59

Should have kept Arrivabene. The team was getting closer and closer to the championship and that's A FACT. Under Binotto we look like we took a step backwards.

nani_s23
28th July 2019, 08:02

Yeah every team is under pressure to perform. But we are compared with Mercs & RB management Becoz they are top teams.
Coming to mercs, they are having buffer with every race even if they fail this race next race they will be strong.
They come back hard Becoz their team is very strong with right men at right place, there’s no panic situation in the team compared to ferrari.

RB, as you know they are with new engine. Also they know that immediately they can’t topple mercs down. They have their specific targets & first priority is give a strong car to max where he can drive it to win with his extra performance.
They are very good in aero development, no chopping & changes. Very much Structured & struck to that formula compared to ferrari where almost for every 6months like changes are going on.

Ferrarichamp
28th July 2019, 08:06
btw, what happened to the thunder and rain that was expected? those forecasts are useless lol.

wappad
28th July 2019, 08:14

+1:thumb

Greig
28th July 2019, 08:17
Should have kept Arrivabene. The team was getting closer and closer to the championship and that's A FACT. Under Binotto we look like we took a step backwards.

Yeah and we should not have signed Leclerc also you would have told us last year :-) sometimes you have to take a step back to gain 2.....

evo_spook
28th July 2019, 08:30
Yeah every team is under pressure to perform. But we are compared with Mercs & RB management Becoz they are top teams.
Coming to mercs, they are having buffer with every race even if they fail this race next race they will be strong.
They come back hard Becoz their team is very strong with right men at right place, there’s no panic situation in the team compared to ferrari.

RB, as you know they are with new engine. Also they know that immediately they can’t topple mercs down. They have their specific targets & first priority is give a strong car to max where he can drive it to win with his extra performance.
They are very good in aero development, no chopping & changes. Very much Structured & struck to that formula compared to ferrari where almost for every 6months like changes are going on.

The problem is (as evidenced here) Ferrari have a blame culture, Merc do not.

IulianFerrari
28th July 2019, 08:32
Yeah and we should not have signed Leclerc also you would have told us last year :-) sometimes you have to take a step back to gain 2.....

That last statement is laughable at best. Ferrari has been laughable at best all season. You have no guarantees that Ferrari will do better. Say what you want, but results are the only ones that speak and last year we had 6 race wins. How many do we have this year?

stefa
28th July 2019, 08:44
For years we Ferrari fans are waiting for CWC and WDC, after those well known dominant years with great Michael Schumacher. We have been close in couple of occasions after, but failed to win it. OK, life goes on! I've been into F1 and Ferrari supporter since long gone now 1980, and I don't need to tell that there ware many drought years for Ferrari. I don't know if younger tifosi over here know but there was the time when Ferrari did not score single win for almost four seasons!!!! Things like that makes us supporter nervous, angry,... It is normal! Circle of life!
What I don't like here in this forum is as soon someone dare to express its dissatisfaction, he is momentarily labeled traitor, and to look elsewhere to find some other forum, some other team to support... Why is that!?

nani_s23
28th July 2019, 08:49
That last statement is laughable at best. Ferrari has been laughable at best all season. You have no guarantees that Ferrari will do better. Say what you want, but results are the only ones that speak and last year we had 6 race wins. How many do we have this year?

Baharain, Baku, Canada, Austria, Germany out of 11 races we had a chance to win. Which mean 45% of races this season.

nani_s23
28th July 2019, 09:03
Todt expression when Ham pole lap & Leclerc getting out of the car in q3. Sums up everything.

The Architect
28th July 2019, 09:14
The wife has recently been taking an interest in F1 thanks to the Netflix series and plans to watch the race later today. She asked me why Ferrari screw up all the time (and why I even support them.) Wolff was completely correct yesterday - Ferrari have an illness they need to cure. I felt things were improving under Marchionne/Arrivabene but one went and then the other. I see no sign of anything changing under the anonymous Camilleri and bumbling "I can do everything" Binotto. I don't even feel the pain any more - all I can do is laugh whether they screw up themselves or get screwed by stewards.

JPZ
28th July 2019, 09:20

What was the reason for him being fired?

Was it really that he was too abrasive or harsh with team personal?

Greig
28th July 2019, 09:32

And you have none it won't get better so just as laughable, but going by your Leclerc stance last year it seems they know better than you :-)

Greig
28th July 2019, 09:33
Baharain, Baku, Canada, Austria, Germany out of 11 races we had a chance to win. Which mean 45% of races this season.

Nothing to say we can't win today also :-D

IulianFerrari
28th July 2019, 09:34

Bahrain car problem - Ferrari fault. Baku Leclerc hits the barriers, Ferrari driver fault. Canada - Vettel lost the car, Ferrari driver fault. Austria - Max was simply faster, Ferrari fault. Germany - Car won't start, Ferrari fault.

We have 0% race wins out of Ferrari fault, Ferrari mistakes.

Vittorio
28th July 2019, 09:36
What was the reason for him being fired?

Was it really that he was too abrasive or harsh with team personal?

On the contrary, as a team principal he was a wimp. Arrivabene equaled too much placating, too much shrugging of shoulders and too often saying "Next time we''ll fight even harder and do better," as if that was going to solve anything. It didn't.

It's Marchionne that gave Ferrari the 'forza and focus' to start becoming a true contender again. He was a true leader and man of vision. Marchionne made Arrivabene look good. Once the former was gone, the team slid quickly, in large part because Arrivabene simply wasn't up to it. He might be a very nice guy, but that doesn't make him a great or even competent leader.

And please don't let's forget that it was Marchionne who championed Leclerc being signed up, a decision that was upheld by the Ferrari board even after Marchionne's untimely death. And all power for them for at least having done that.

As for Binotto...he might be a great engineer but he has the personality of a saltwater biscuit and the leadership skills of a dormouse.

Should he be fired? Yes, absolutely. He's not up to it. I'm sure he's intelligent enough to realize now that he's actually not team principal material. And you know what? I'll wager that Binotto would secretly be very relieved to be asked to step aside as team principal.

paolo lalli
28th July 2019, 09:40
Arrivabene is like his looks a don't ### with me type of guy very similar to Toto wolf thats why they get on and share a friendship outside of f1.Well that profile type works for mercedes but not for Ferrari.Its called disipline and the ship has only 1 captain until Ferrari harness and follow this disipline continual failure will be it's reward.

bonzo
28th July 2019, 09:40
Absolutely wrong, Arrivabene had changed the team already, team was heading in the right direction, there were wins. He should not have been sacked. Being the new boss Binotto reversed things back just to outlaw anything Maurizio did. Stupid action of many new bosses in many businesses, though.

Greig
28th July 2019, 09:45
Absolutely wrong, Arrivabene had changed the team already, team was heading in the right direction, there were wins. He should not have been sacked. Being the new boss Binotto reversed things back just to outlaw anything Maurizio did. Stupid action of many new bosses in many businesses, though.

Wrong...Binotto knows Ferrari way better than Arrivabene and yourself, and he also knows what it takes to win and if he is reversing things it's because they are not going to work....maybe he realises getting rid of good people was just stupid and it needed to be a much better structure for these good people to work in to get results.....we see many leave and do very well outside of Ferrari so clearly the issue is structure and being allowed to work freely. Binotto knows this and is making these changes, you won't see it change over night but you will just have to wait, but if you are unwilling to wait then you can support a winning team right now :-D

wisepie
28th July 2019, 09:46
I thought Binotto had already been relieved of the TP role or at least had some responsibility removed from it, can't remember who has been put in place as his assistant at the tracks, but it certainly isn't working so far, whatever changes have been made.:-E

Vittorio
28th July 2019, 09:46
For years we Ferrari fans are waiting for CWC and WDC, after those well known dominant years with great Michael Schumacher. We have been close in couple of occasions after, but failed to win it. OK, life goes on! I've been into F1 and Ferrari supporter since long gone now 1980, and I don't need to tell that there ware many drought years for Ferrari. I don't know if younger tifosi over here know but there was the time when Ferrari did not score single win for almost four seasons!!!! Things like that makes us supporter nervous, angry,... It is normal! Circle of life!
What I don't like here in this forum is as soon someone dare to express its dissatisfaction, he is momentarily labeled traitor, and to look elsewhere to find some other forum, some other team to support... Why is that!?

Stefa, I beat you by three years (a tifoso since 1977) :-) - and you're 100% right. Those of us who've loved this team since the 80s know just how bad things can get at Ferrari. Why else do younger/newer Ferarri fans think nearly all of us older tifosi adore Michael Schumacher as we do? Because he and his 'Dream Team' were the ones who completely turned Ferrari around and made them into a winning powerhouse again. That's why we love Schumi so much. He took us right out of the dark, dark days of (most) of the 80s and 90s. But for a few positive blips with the likes of Villeneuve, Pironi, Mansell and Prost as our drivers, they were mostly heartbreaking times to be a tifoso.

And you're also right about the knee-jerk reactionaries on this board who instantly pounce on those fans who want to criticize Ferrari. There's something almost cultish about the way they expect us to all just be constantly 'positive' and 'upbeat' about the team - a team which is undoubtedly in crisis. It's frankly infantile and annoying.

IulianFerrari
28th July 2019, 09:49
And you have none it won't get better so just as laughable, but going by your Leclerc stance last year it seems they know better than you :-)
I knew Charles was going to be a great driver, I just feared it was to soon for Leclerc to make the jump, that he was to young for the pressure, politics and attention at Ferrari. Do you think he is having it easy at Ferrari? Told to move aside for Seb, car letting him down on a number of occasions, crashing under pressure in Baku. I'm happy he is handling it pretty well, all things considered. Look at Gasly at RBR, he was tipped a future star too after that impressive last year, he is cracking all over the place.

Vittorio
28th July 2019, 09:50

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. You give Arrivabene far too much credit.

As I've said in an earlier post, do not underestimate how good Marchionne made Arrivabene look.

Unlike others on this board, however, I now don't believe in Binotto either. He simply doesn't have the force of character to be the leader of an iconic powerhouse such as Ferrari.

wisepie
28th July 2019, 09:50
Stefa, I beat you by three years (a tifoso since 1977) :) - and you're 100% right. Those of us who've loved this team since the 80s know just how bad things can get at Ferrari. Why else do younger/newer Ferarri fans think nearly all of us older tifosi adore Michael Schumacher? Because he and his 'Dream Team' were the ones who completely turned Ferrari around and made them into a winning powerhouse again. That's why we love Schumi so much. He took us right out of the dark, dark days of (most) of the 80s and 90s. But for a few positive blips with the likes of Pironi, Mansell and Prost as our drivers, they were mostly heartbreaking times to be a tifoso.

And you're also right about the knee-jerk reactionaries on this board who instantly pounce on those fans who want to criticize Ferrari. There's something almost cultish about the way they expect us to all just be constantly 'positive' and 'upbeat' about the team - a team which is undoubtedly in crisis. It's frankly infantile and annoying.

I beat you both, being a tifoso since Monaco 1967 and it was a sad start to my Ferrari worship as Lorenzo Bandini died soon after the race where he crashed and was engulfed in flames. I've been here ever since, through thick and thin, and despite the catastrophes like yesterday's quali, I always maintain some hope, however small.:pray

nani_s23
28th July 2019, 09:53
Bahrain car problem - Ferrari fault. Baku Leclerc hits the barriers, Ferrari driver fault. Canada - Vettel lost the car, Ferrari driver fault. Austria - Max was simply faster, Ferrari fault. Germany - Car won't start, Ferrari fault.

We have 0% race wins out of Ferrari fault, Ferrari mistakes.

When taken those things into consideration, ferrari 2019 car has the potential.
Wts the problem is FW, which makes car unstable at rear end & not enough DF. They have realised that we have got it wrong for this year.
Getting that corrected isn’t a one night job. It takes months.
Remember ferrari went with different design structure this year than others or it’s previous years.

For now they are doing wts the best can be done. For the above design philosophy Binotto is getting his head down n placing the things in order for next year n long-term.
It’s just his 1st year of taking dual role, it’s not that easy.

Vittorio
28th July 2019, 09:54
I beat you both, being a tifoso since Monaco 1967 and it was a sad start to my Ferrari worship as Lorenzo Bandini died soon after the race where he crashed and was engulfed in flames. I've been here ever since, through thick and thin, and despite the catastrophes like yesterday's quali, I always maintain some hope, however small.:pray

And I doff my hat to you in deepest respect, Sir! :-);-) You beat me by ten years and I know there are others on here who've been tifosi for even longer.

Of course, there's always hope - and as tifosi that's what we do - ultimately. None of us would still be tifosi if we didn't have that, right?!:lol:-)

But it's the persistent, militant Pollyannas on this board who get to be tiresome for critical (and longtime) fans like Stefa and myself.

IulianFerrari
28th July 2019, 09:55

Ferrari were doing better season after season. You don't change things when you are gaining and even beating Mercedes.

Kyss4k
28th July 2019, 09:56
It's not that Ferrari is not winning... It's like we don't want to. If it looked like we were trying to be the best, to be bringing upgrades, to make up for the lack of speed by strategy, by great decisions, by clever solutions... But we have nothing. Speed is inconsistent and we don't seem to know why is that happenng, those few upgrades we brought did not work as expected, there are constant mistakes be it from drivers or the team behind them, strategy? What strategy?... There was not one single race this year, where something didn't go horribly wrong in our team, how is that even possible in the team of highly trained, well payed (we have the biggest budget) professionals? Even Williams didn't make so many blunders and I dare to say, if we would had theirs budget, we'd be far behind them, that is if we would be able to even start the race. There is nothing, that is going for us really... and I am honestly terrified of 2021. Just imagine this team dealing with whole new rules.

I want to be able to believe in our guys, to feel stressed, but simultaneously telling to myself that we are great and we will make it... not to be scared about what will go wrong this time :/

Greig
28th July 2019, 09:57
Ferrari were doing better season after season. You don't change things when you are gaining and even beating Mercedes.

Really? you mean the 6 races of upgrades we suddenly realised didn't work was doing better?

Greig
28th July 2019, 10:02
to make up for the lack of speed by strategy, by great decisions, by clever solutions... But we have nothing.

What strategy can make up for 4 tenths a lap difference? you want the impossible.

IulianFerrari
28th July 2019, 10:07
What strategy can make up for 4 tenths a lap difference? you want the impossible.

So the car, how do I put it, BLOWS?

Kyss4k
28th July 2019, 10:09

Not everytime, no. But look at Red Bull for example. They often somehow manage to get more out of the race, than they should, because of their strategy. It did not happen just once, where we were the team to pick up the scraps from Mercedes problems, but it was Red Bull who did that, even though their pace was worse, than ours. Somehow (don't ask me why, I'm not paid for figuring this out) they can make this work. We don't. And any time we want to make something clever, it goes wrong (mediums for Leclerc in Baku, softs for both our guys for recent GPs...) It's just... I don't know. Like a curse or something.

Greig
28th July 2019, 10:09
So the car, how do I put it, BLOWS?

Arrivabene led this car, season after season we improve right....lol

nani_s23
28th July 2019, 10:10

2017 is totally different from 2016. But we had DNFs in 2017 due to reliability.
Come 2018 we were strong as 2017 was like building to 2018.

2019 FW changes made ferrari to go in different direction which they thought would yield better results. They took that risk, which didn’t pay them as expected. I think 2020 would be better for which Binotto is laying the foundation for.

IulianFerrari
28th July 2019, 10:11
Arrivabene led this car, season after season we improve right....lol

So you mean to say that this year's fiasco car, is Arrivabene's fault. Binotto has nothing to do with it?