View Full Version : Hungarian GP free practice & qualy

Ferrarichamp
1st August 2019, 15:59
Well this thread is a few hours early, but might as well get it started.

selected tyres:

weather forecast:

https://www.met.hu/en/idojaras/elorejelzes/magyarorszagi_telepulesek/

WS6TransAm01
1st August 2019, 16:56
Can't wait for Binotto's excuse this time...

stefa
1st August 2019, 19:57
I am heading tomorrow at 08:00 for Budapest, 25th time!
We won there in 2015 and 2017. If the trend is right.... :-D

19000rpmF-2004
1st August 2019, 21:16

Have fun! Let’s hope we get a good result.

paolo lalli
1st August 2019, 21:22
It's goulash time.

racingbradley
1st August 2019, 21:59

Pray you bring them luck to keep the pattern going. :pray
Have a good time. :-)

WS6TransAm01
1st August 2019, 22:54

Have fun and don’t watch the race. It will just ruin your good time.

FerrariF60
2nd August 2019, 01:34
Have fun and don’t watch the race. It will just ruin your good time.

will you stop with your negative thoughts on this forum??? go back to bed, will ya?????

paolo lalli
2nd August 2019, 03:41
Charles needs to bounce back fight hard and be clever at the same time.Its going to be warm so a curve ball could be the order for the weekend expect the unexpected.

wappad
2nd August 2019, 04:26

Whatever will happen, you have the '98- race in your bag!!

Good luck for you and us, Stefa :thumb

Forza Ferrari :clap

stefa
2nd August 2019, 05:22
Whatever will happen, you have the '98- race in your bag!!

Good luck for you and us, Stefa :thumb

Forza Ferrari :clap

You are absolute right about that! That one was EPIC!!!

stefa
2nd August 2019, 05:23
Thank you all! I really hope we'll win this one!

:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl

nani_s23
2nd August 2019, 05:25
Not expecting much. As it’s pretty much technical circuit, car with good DF will secure the pole.
2017,2018 ferrari were strong which had good DF levels.
It will be Mercs redemption week, I think so. Anything other than mercs win is a surprise for me.
Hope for a good weekend for ferrari. RB is closing on them.

Brembo
2nd August 2019, 07:11
Both Seb and Charles need to complain like all hell to the team boys about Seb's inter cooler prob, and Charles with his faulty fuel pump issue . They need the cars to be right if there's any hope for a good race and second half. Look how all the complaining Lewis gives about his car is paying off. After all it's his car that does the winning. For sure no one fan or team member want's to see Honda R Bull ahead .

chinmay
2nd August 2019, 07:22
Both Seb and Charles need to complain like all hell to the team boys about Seb's inter cooler prob, and Charles with his faulty fuel pump issue . They need the cars to be right if there's any hope for a good race and second half. Look how all the complaining Lewis gives about his car is paying off. After all it's his car that does the winning. For sure no one fan or team member want's to see Honda R Bull ahead .

Tell your Internet Explorer esque brain that those problems are already fixed.

wisepie
2nd August 2019, 07:38

Hope your trip to Hungaroring will bring us all the result we're waiting for, don't care which driver, Have a great weekend stefa and may your loyalty be rewarded!:pray

PURE PASSION
2nd August 2019, 07:58
Can't wait for Binotto's excuse this time...

Can't say the same about your posts!!!
You becoming quite annoying!!!

Brembo
2nd August 2019, 08:32
Tell your Internet Explorer esque brain that those problems are already fixed.

Fixed / Too late. Fixed after the loss is too late. They need to do a Lewis 24/7 on the team. Fixed too late is not enough for a team like Ferrari' Thank you for the compliment, give it time and you too will be up there ..

Arcana
2nd August 2019, 08:33
I am very downbeat about this race.

First, if no rain on race day it's gonna be a borefest since overtaking is almost impossible.

Secondly, it's a high downforce track, so most likely a 1-2 Merc.

Thirdly, Redbull / Max might finish in front of us.

Probably a weekend to forget a la Paul Ricard(what a crappy circuit) but I will watch nonetheless with a slight of hope.

ferenc_k
2nd August 2019, 08:38
I am very downbeat about this race.

First, if no rain on race day it's gonna be a borefest since overtaking is almost impossible.

Secondly, it's a high downforce track, so most likely a 1-2 Merc.

Thirdly, Redbull / Max might finish in front of us.

Probably a weekend to forget a la Paul Ricard(what a crappy circuit) but I will watch nonetheless with a slight of hope.

Expecting very good result from our boys, even pole and P1.
I have some unexplainable good feeling. I hope the local weather prediction is off and there will be no rain as they predict 25-30mm rain and thunderstorm for today.

Ferrarichamp
2nd August 2019, 09:19
Ham and Max trading fastest times.

farid-baku
2nd August 2019, 09:22
Link please

KimiBot
2nd August 2019, 09:23
Not expecting much. As it’s pretty much technical circuit, car with good DF will secure the pole.
2017,2018 ferrari were strong which had good DF levels.
It will be Mercs redemption week, I think so. Anything other than mercs win is a surprise for me.
Hope for a good weekend for ferrari. RB is closing on them.

Yes, it should be Mercs party.

gump1480
2nd August 2019, 09:23
Any links?

KimiBot
2nd August 2019, 09:25
http://strims.world/live/f1base.php

tifosi1993
2nd August 2019, 09:38
Don't see us beating Mercedes, and don't think we are quicker than Red Bull either. So if the rain changes the pecking order a bit so be it.

paolo lalli
2nd August 2019, 10:18
Expect the unexpected. Charles stop whingeing.

paolo lalli
2nd August 2019, 10:56
It's going to be closer than you think.

WS6TransAm01
2nd August 2019, 11:02
will you stop with your negative thoughts on this forum??? go back to bed, will ya?????

Reality sucks sometimes.

Can't say the same about your posts!!!
You becoming quite annoying!!!

Sounds like someone needs a safe space from the truth. Please show everyone on the doll where the truth hurt you...

RicRac
2nd August 2019, 11:19
Reality sucks sometimes.

Sounds like someone needs a safe space from the truth. Please show everyone on the doll where the truth hurt you...

Such a redneck trump supporting statement...disagree with someone on the forum and the first thing you go for is attacking them personally..... "sOuNdS liKe SoMeOne NeEdS a SaFe SpAcE" "sHoW Us On ThE DoLl wHeRe TheY HurT yOu" dude grow tf up you MAGA DA! No need to get stupid on a FERRARI forum, unless that of course that's just how you are...dur di durrrr... find that little backbane that you have and actually support the Team. for christ sakes you signed up to their dam forum, whatd you expect? a bunch of guys that are gonne be blasting Ferrari on the daily? SUPPORT YOUR BOYS THROUGH THICK AND THIN
#rantover#notexpectingacleverresponsefromWS6#gobac ktoINDY

Arcana
2nd August 2019, 11:22

We showed great pace in sector 1 which is encouraging. But if it's a wet quali like the weather prediction then it's going to be 1-2 Merc on Sunday. If it's hot and sunny on quali and we start in front of Mercs then there's a chance of beating them since overtaking is difficult here.

PURE PASSION
2nd August 2019, 11:34
So, i read the Lec was using the new bargeboards and Vet the old ones???
Is this the reason for Lec being so behind??!!!
Are the new parts failed AGAIN ???

RicRac
2nd August 2019, 11:37

I hope not. But i think they did run the new Barge on Vettles car towards the end of the sesh. LEC didnt put together a solid run on his lap, but think hes still about .1 or .2 down on SEB. SEB does like this track tho... lets see how FP2 goes

FerrariF60
2nd August 2019, 11:37

Prolly just to make a comparison, old vs new....all teams do that

WS6TransAm01
2nd August 2019, 11:39
Such a redneck trump supporting statement...disagree with someone on the forum and the first thing you go for is attacking them personally..... "sOuNdS liKe SoMeOne NeEdS a SaFe SpAcE" "sHoW Us On ThE DoLl wHeRe TheY HurT yOu" dude grow tf up you MAGA DA! No need to get stupid on a FERRARI forum, unless that of course that's just how you are...dur di durrrr... find that little backbane that you have and actually support the Team. for christ sakes you signed up to their dam forum, whatd you expect? a bunch of guys that are gonne be blasting Ferrari on the daily? SUPPORT YOUR BOYS THROUGH THICK AND THIN

Backbane hu? I’ll have to look for one of those. Some one is triggered and I’m laughing hysterically. You realize that doesn’t even make sense, right? It takes more of a “backbone” to make the tough call that Ferrari screwed the pooch in 2019 than it does to simply keep smiling and pretend like everything is peaches and cream.

I’m not the one getting butt hurt because someone calls out the team for its failures. Support doesn’t mean being blind when the team fails. I support the team, but that doesn’t mean I won’t criticize them when they screw up.

RicRac
2nd August 2019, 11:44
Backbane hu? I’ll have to look for one of those. Some one is triggered and I’m laughing hysterically. You realize that doesn’t even make sense, right? It takes more of a “backbone” to make the tough call that Ferrari screwed the pooch in 2019 than it does to simply keep smiling and pretend like everything is peaches and cream.

I’m not the one getting butt hurt because someone calls out the team for its failures. Support doesn’t mean being blind when the team fails. I support the team, but that doesn’t mean I won’t criticize them when they screw up.

I was completly correct... i expected a childish dumbass response and i got what i asked for:rotfl. As you were.

stefa
2nd August 2019, 12:57
Hope your trip to Hungaroring will bring us all the result we're waiting for, don't care which driver, Have a great weekend stefa and may your loyalty be rewarded!:pray

Thank you. Fingers crossed!

nani_s23
2nd August 2019, 12:58

Lec struggled with tyre temp to keep them up. Due to which he couldn’t do a good lap.

tifosi1993
2nd August 2019, 13:19

Between Mercedes and Red Bull? could be. Max is always a factor and he can make the difference, as he has done a week ago.

Ferrarichamp
2nd August 2019, 13:23
Lewis looks fast on that hard tyre.

tifosi1993
2nd August 2019, 13:24
Leclerc's sector 2 is relatively competitive, but he is struggling in sector 1 and 3, especially sector 3 which is all about mechanical grip.

Vettel's quite competitive in Sector 1, but losing time in Sector 2 and 3. Whatever Ferrari are doing, it's not working.

Frank Dhont
2nd August 2019, 13:32

We don't know: fuel amounth, engine mapping, testing program, …
Could be that the parts are top notch :)

Cavallino
2nd August 2019, 13:33
We showed great pace in sector 1 which is encouraging. But if it's a wet quali like the weather prediction then it's going to be 1-2 Merc on Sunday. If it's hot and sunny on quali and we start in front of Mercs then there's a chance of beating them since overtaking is difficult here.

The cold and the wet don't favor us. Like you say, if it warms up for Saturday, the track may come to us.

nani_s23
2nd August 2019, 13:34
Ferrari can fight for 3rd row..!!

wappad
2nd August 2019, 13:51
Ferrari can fight for 3rd row..!!

For 3rd row...??

"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

Where did I see this phrase from Schumi before?

nani_s23
2nd August 2019, 13:53
For 3rd row...??

"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

Where did I see this phrase from Schumi before?

quali..!!!

Just google it, you would get.

wappad
2nd August 2019, 14:13
quali..!!!

Just google it, you would get.

You mean Schumi's quote is only valid in the race, not in quali...?

Strange, but thanks for clearing :thumb

nani_s23
2nd August 2019, 14:37
You mean Schumi's quote is only valid in the race, not in quali...?

Strange, but thanks for clearing :thumb

Hey ..!! I was talking about 3rd row post clarification. Where I replied ferrari will be at most 3rd row
Come quali.
You are talking about Schumi quote, for which I’ve replied just google it. Both are different statements

tifosi1993
2nd August 2019, 14:37
Intermediate tyre long runs (Meaningless times, track was getting wetter so times were getting slower, but NTL)

Leclerc: 1m36.874, 1m35.398, 1m34.034, 1m33.324, 1m42.011, 1m39.483, 1m34.279, 1m33.913, 1m34.210, 1m40.886 pits

Vettel: 1m36.249, 1m35.085, 1m35.831, 1m34.576, 1m42.455, 1m34.240, 1m46.393, 1m34.506, 1m38.959, 1m34.455, 1m45.230, 1m41.143, 1m56.323 pits

Hamilton: 1m37.058, 1m43.687 pits

Bottas: 1m32.471, 1m32.357, 1m38.264, 1m41.278 pits

Max: 1m32.659, 1m44.774 pits

nani_s23
2nd August 2019, 14:39
Wts are the track conditions expected for quali & race??

FerrariF60
2nd August 2019, 14:43
Wts are the track conditions expected for quali & race??

so far they said DRY....may rain some during the night and dry for quali and race......but NOT scorching HOT temperatures taht usually help us.....so unless Ferrari make some drastic changes towards a better set up.....THIRD ROW WILL BE OURS......the mercs are mighty and red fulls right behind them....

Ferrarichamp
2nd August 2019, 14:45
I think Ham posted the fastest time on the hard tyre by quite a margin.

FerrariF60
2nd August 2019, 14:48
I think Ham posted the fastest time on the hard tyre by quite a margin.

yup....they will be mighty on this track with their superior downforce....they have amazing grip on slow corners whih this track has lots of....

PURE PASSION
2nd August 2019, 14:48
First sure it doesnt look like we could be competitive here,BUT what makes me wonder is why are we SO slow??!!Like we didnt do proper laps !!! We where slower then midfield cars and we cant be 1 sec behind !!!

FerrariF60
2nd August 2019, 14:53
First sure it doesnt look like we could be competitive here,BUT what makes me wonder is why are we SO slow??!!Like we didnt do proper laps !!! We where slower then midfield cars and we cant be 1 sec behind !!!

could it be that we're overly TOO confident???? either that or we're just saving engine life.....cause we think we are THAT GOOD.....

nani_s23
2nd August 2019, 15:00

Usually we lack DF added to that cooler track temp where ferrari struggle with their tyres to bring them in working range.

nani_s23
2nd August 2019, 15:16
Interesting thing is, In FP2 the updates were kept on both cars.
@karun saying updates are working fine for ferrari
I don’t know what he’s watching & referring to

FerrariF60
2nd August 2019, 15:24
Interesting thing is, In FP2 the updates were kept on both cars.
@karun saying updates are working fine for ferrari
I don’t know what he’s watching & referring to

what, u dont' think they're working for them??? do you have data that suggests otherwise??? NO y ou don't, you're just a couch watcher just like the rest of us.....ONLY Ferrari know the real #'s and how well they work compared to the other spec

paolo lalli
2nd August 2019, 15:31
Only Ferrari know what's going on cards are held tight to the chest.Binotto playing the cool game.

nani_s23
2nd August 2019, 15:33
what, u dont' think they're working for them??? do you have data that suggests otherwise??? NO y ou don't, you're just a couch watcher just like the rest of us.....ONLY Ferrari know the real #'s and how well they work compared to the other spec

If it’s working for them, then first issue that would be solved is pace around slow corners.
It seems compared to RB or Mercs, ferrari are still lacking. It’s just my first opinion on it.
Once they set it up tomorrow come FP3, we will know.

wisepie
2nd August 2019, 16:52
It's obvious how frustrated we're all getting by the tone of some these posts and we can't seem to see any light at the end of the tunnel since RB have come to the fore and are now closer to Merc than we are. The weather conditions in FP2 mean that the times are hardly representative but we have our work cut out for quali and the race, that's a certainty. We live in hope, any WDC/WCC hopes have long gone and we will fight even harder as we have nothing to lose, except our pride!:-E;-)

paolo lalli
2nd August 2019, 21:26
A top 3 finish would do me sign off on the first half of season have summer break and come back hard for the 2nd half of the year lots of power hungry circuits await Ferrari.��

doublesixes
3rd August 2019, 01:28
I for one, think that's OK to not show a strong hand during FP1, FP2 or even FP3 if that means running the engine too hard at the risk of weakening some of its parts just for kicks or bragging rights. Look what happened in previous GPs where we showed great pace in Free Practice but we basically sucked in qualy and the race. It's not such a great idea to throw all the meat on the BBQ on Fridays and early Sats.

FerrariF60
3rd August 2019, 02:30
I for one, think that's OK to not show a strong hand during FP1, FP2 or even FP3 if that means running the engine too hard at the risk of weakening some of its parts just for kicks or bragging rights. Look what happened in previous GPs where we showed great pace in Free Practice but we basically sucked in qualy and the race. It's not such a great idea to throw all the meat on the BBQ on Fridays and early Sats.

i tend to agree with you to some extend on this....but last race and the one b4 that even though we showed really good pace in Free practices, we had the car especially last race to put it on POLE.....but our reliability on BOTH cars denyed that....so we'll see where we stand against the Merc and Red fulls this Quali and especially race pace compared to them...

Forza FERRARI....

Rishu
3rd August 2019, 04:27
If not us, I’ll be rooting for Verstappen

PURE PASSION
3rd August 2019, 05:46
If not us, I’ll be rooting for Verstappen

I don't!!:-D
He is a very talented driver BUT he has such a big ego that I dont like . And every time he has a good result he and some other people from his team and even his fans, start saying that he is the best driver on the grid!!!
And to all this comes the rivalry he has with Lec. For me Charles is better then him. Not by much because I accept that Max is also very very good also(one of the best). So every time he has a better result then Lec again he and everybody else think that he is clearly better
Take Silverstone first example. There to me Lec sawed much better skills because we didnt have good pace and red bull was much faster but still Lec made brilliant moves to defend and max never managed to pass him.
So for all this ,NO I dont want Max to have a good result.

Arcana
3rd August 2019, 06:03
If I have to choose between Lewis 6xWDC or Max 1xWDC I will definitely go with Max 1xWDC. Seriously, I'm tired of Toto's happy face and Lewis record breaker, I want to see someone else get it. I don't like Max antics / arrogance either and yes Leclerc will get better than him once he gets the needed experience but until we manage to build the right car I'll go with Max. If he gets the win in Hungary and Honda deliver a bullet proof +25HP upgrade starting with Spa, Max has the potential to give Merc some hell.

Ferrarichamp
3rd August 2019, 06:31
https://f1i.com/news/349827-marko-believes-verstappen-still-has-a-shot-at-the-title.html

Brembo
3rd August 2019, 06:57
This Hungarian GP thread here in our Ferrari forum is all about Lewis, Merc, R Bull and Max. All about what's happening now with f-1 . Great interesting input for sure. The way it should be. I don't ever see Max being anything but happy and proud of his win results and podiums. He talks about his competitors , both the teams and drivers as it actually is. All close, as far as who wins races etc. I don't see him or any other driver needing to apologize when they win; or podium , or just finish in the top 4. He never discounts Seb or Ferrari as being right up there as far as his competing against R Bull and Merc goes. So far this season it's Lewis and Max as top drivers in the cars on the track . The rest is just sour grapes, who cares ?

bonzo
3rd August 2019, 09:44

Is it raining or not?

JPZ
3rd August 2019, 09:54
Perhaps Ferrari really are sandbagging this time?

Considering the reliability issues they had in the previous qualifying.

stefa
3rd August 2019, 09:55
Is it raining or not?

Slightly overcast, 23C, but no rain today and tomorrow.

JPZ
3rd August 2019, 09:58
https://f1i.com/news/349827-marko-believes-verstappen-still-has-a-shot-at-the-title.html

He's only 41 points behind Hamilton. It could be possible if Hamilton has another bad race or two. Only halfway through the season now.

Schumir9
3rd August 2019, 10:32
The Sf90 looks planted and Vettel seems to have some of his confidence back.. Early days still but qualy will be close!

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 10:34
Sector 1:

Vet 27.535
Lec 27.748
Max 27.811
Ham 27.961
Bot 27.993

Sector 2:

Ham 27.505
Bot 27.525
Max 27.527
Vet 27.755
Lec 27.756

Sector 3:

Ham 21.585
Max 21.671
Bot 21.743
Vet 21.944
Lec 22.064

Schumir9
3rd August 2019, 10:37
Sector 1:

Vet 27.535
Lec 27.748
Max 27.811
Ham 27.961
Bot 27.993

Sector 2:

Ham 27.505
Bot 27.525
Max 27.527
Vet 27.755
Lec 27.756

Sector 3:

Ham 21.585
Max 21.671
Bot 21.743
Vet 21.944
Lec 22.064

Speedtraps per sector?

PURE PASSION
3rd August 2019, 10:41
Unfortunately it looks like a pattern has established with Red Bull having evolved a lot and being right there with the Mercs,AND us being clearly the 3rd force!!!:-s

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 10:49
Leclerc's raw speed is pretty much up there with the best, I wonder what he could've done with last years SF71-H...:Hmm

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 11:03
FP3 best sectors (Ferrari vs Merc vs Max)

Sector 1:

Vet 27.240
Lec 27.345
Bot 27.494
Max 27.531
Ham 27.638

Sector 2:

Max 26.931
Bot 27.018
Ham 27.027
Lec 27.100
Vet 27.158

Sector 3:

Ham 21.388
Max 21.443
Bot 21.538
Vet 21.768
Lec 21.783

Ferrarichamp
3rd August 2019, 11:05
top 3 are pretty close, pole seems wide open, this race was always going to be hard to predict.

KimiBot
3rd August 2019, 11:05
We are much closer than I expected , we will see how it goes in quali.

Ferrarichamp
3rd August 2019, 11:07
good time by Norris.

Tifoso Svedese
3rd August 2019, 11:12
How are we so slow in S3? It's not too dissimilar from S1, just shorter straights, but you still get on the power three times. That's just too much. Either way, if we split Bottas onto the dirty side of the grid in P3/P5 then that's a good qualifying on this track this season. I doubt Seb has a pole lap in him, even though he seems very strong this weekend, the DF doesn't seem to be there.

Aziz
3rd August 2019, 11:22
How are we so slow in S3? It's not too dissimilar from S1, just shorter straights, but you still get on the power three times. That's just too much. Either way, if we split Bottas onto the dirty side of the grid in P3/P5 then that's a good qualifying on this track this season. I doubt Seb has a pole lap in him, even though he seems very strong this weekend, the DF doesn't seem to be there.

Probably something fundamentally wrong with this car

Aziz
3rd August 2019, 11:22

chinmay
3rd August 2019, 11:44
Best drivers of top 3 teams are looking in good touch. As things stand, this looks like the qualifying order -

1) Hamilton
2) Verstappen
3) Vettel
4) Bottas
5) Leclerc
6) Gasly

When party mode comes into play, Hamilton will get a safe P1. Ferrari's own mode may allow Vettel to have a serious shot at P2.

ferenc_k
3rd August 2019, 11:54

tyres at the back probably too hot, and the front tyres remain cold.

ferenc_k
3rd August 2019, 12:51
tyres at the back probably too hot, and the front tyres remain cold.

Track is 42C now, it was 34-35 at FP3.
Strong wind.

KimiBot
3rd August 2019, 12:58
Good luck to Seb and Charles

:ferrarifl

Arcana
3rd August 2019, 13:12
Seriously Charles ???

Cevertmyhero
The dust at turn 4 was caused by a sandbag leaking from the Mercedes.

Christopher
Charles will be lucky if he's not got suspension damage from that

TonyRizza
3rd August 2019, 13:13
sigh i hate this season

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 13:15
Leclerc was flying before his brush with the wall, he did 26.771 in Sector 2, which is fastest. But he needs to stop making mistakes

KimiBot
3rd August 2019, 13:15
sigh i hate this season

:-)

TonyRizza
3rd August 2019, 13:17

always next year :-s

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 13:20
Williams nearly into Q2, George Russell :thumb

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 13:22
Q1 fastest sectors:

Sector 1:
Lec 27.301
Vet 27.371
Max 27.415
Ham 27.561
Bot 27.624

Sector 2:
Lec 26.771
Ham 26.817
Bot 26.823
Max 26.968
Vet 27.102

Sector 3:
Max 21.434
Ham 21.580
Bot 21.625
Vet 21.883
Lec 21.981

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 13:26
Leclerc's out on track :thumb

stefa
3rd August 2019, 13:29
S2 and S3 killing us!

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 13:33
S2 and S3 killing us!

S3, we are 0.3-0.4 slower in that sector. If we, somehow, get withing 0.2 sec of the fastest sector 3 time we will be on pole.

PURE PASSION
3rd August 2019, 13:40
S3, we are 0.3-0.4 slower in that sector. If we, somehow, get withing 0.2 sec of the fastest sector 3 time we will be on pole.

And the strange thing is that if you look at the map of the track, S3 is so similar to S1 !!!!!??How we are so much faster in S1 and SO slow in S3???!!!

Cavallino
3rd August 2019, 13:41
And the strange thing is that if you look at the map of the track, S3 is so similar to S1 !!!!!??How we are so much faster in S1 and SO slow in S3???!!!

They said LeClerc took it easy last time round.... but the last corner is long and rather slow.

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 13:45
Q2 best sectors:

Sector 1:
Max 27.163 softs
Lec 27.184 medium
Vet 27.223 medium
Bot 27.401 medium
Ham 27.486 medium

Sector 2:
Max 26.619 softs
Ham 26.687 medium
Bot 26.731 medium
Lec 26.885 medium
Vet 26.986 medium

Sector 3:
Max 21.354 medium
Ham 21.375 medium
Bot 21.509 medium
Vet 21.676 medium
Lec 21.708 medium

Ferrarichamp
3rd August 2019, 13:45
Ham & Max so close.

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 13:47

Sector 3 is all about mechanical grip, and we can't work our front tyres as good as the Mercedes or Red Bull. But we are improving, and if we, somehow managed to do a 21.5 in S3 we will get the pole.

Cavallino
3rd August 2019, 13:47
looks like the best we can do is LeClerc getting 3

stefa
3rd August 2019, 13:52
No chance for a pole! Too slow in S2 and S3

stefa
3rd August 2019, 13:53
looks like the best we can do is LeClerc getting 3

Honestly P4 and P5

Ferrarichamp
3rd August 2019, 13:53
first pole for Max?

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 13:54
first pole for Max?

Looks like it.

stefa
3rd August 2019, 13:54
first pole for Max?

Looks like it, but you never know with Mercedes

KimiBot
3rd August 2019, 13:55
Yeah, Honda is faster than Ferrari, sad but true

TonyRizza
3rd August 2019, 13:56
ferrari are so bad for the budget they have.... such a joke

Arcana
3rd August 2019, 13:57
first pole for Max?

Not sure, from replay Lewis missed an apex. With a perfect lap he might gain 0.2s that will get him the pole.

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 13:57
As a Ferrari fan, it's depressing to see how much Red Bull have improved their car. But it's the song of last 9-10 years, Ferrari again losing the development battle.

Cavallino
3rd August 2019, 13:59
there's really nowhere to use the engine here, and nowhere where a low drag philosophy would help us

Cavallino
3rd August 2019, 13:59
As a Ferrari fan, it's depressing to see how much Red Bull have improved their car. But it's the song of last 9-10 years, Ferrari again losing the development battle.

Yep, no excuse. Unless we completely abandoned this concept for next year and went for an inwash design.

Aziz
3rd August 2019, 14:00
there's really nowhere to use the engine here, and nowhere where a low drag philosophy would help us

We still did not improve the car in slow corners, after half of the season :-(

Cavallino
And of course the temperature goes down 5 degress for Q3

JacKy
Sector 3 of Hungary!!! Man... i remember that back in 2011-2012 we were losing 0.5sec to Red Bull in sector 3 and mostly at the last turn. it is 2019 still losing 0.5 sec to redbull.... just depressing.

stefa
3rd August 2019, 14:01
As I said P4 and P5. To much time loss in S2 and A3. Brace for one boring race tomorrow

Arcana
3rd August 2019, 14:02
ferrari are so bad for the budget they have.... such a joke

Redbull & Merc were favourites on these kind of high downforce circuits. What is sad is that we didn't win when we had the strongest car: Bahrain, Baku, Montreal, Austria and in Germany.

TonyRizza
3rd August 2019, 14:02
0.5s down, ferrari should abandon this car, its hopeless

hopefully max is WDC this year

stefa
3rd August 2019, 14:04

That is not possible!

DJTaurus
Vettel fastest first sector ???

Ferrarichamp
is it possible Mercs sacrificed a little speed in qualy to be faster in the race?

tifosi1993
Good job Charles, you have the pace and without any doubt you're faster than Vettel. But needs to calm down a bit, but it took Max 4.5 years to stop making mistakes so there's still time to learn.

And speaking of Max, congrats. His first of many pole positions.

Aziz
3rd August 2019, 14:05

Good to see the updates are working well ��

Cavallino
Redbull & Merc were favourites on these kind of high downforce circuits. What is sad is that we didn't win when we had the strongest car: Bahrain, Baku, Montreal, Austria and in Germany.

Yep, we know what happened in Montreal and Germany though.

Arcana
So pole for Max. The question remains... will he lose it at the start ?

Also, somewhat expected, Charles qualified better that Seb.

And let's hope that Bottas will give some trouble to Lewis at the start.

KimiBot
Congratulations to Max for his first pole. He will be fighting about WDC this year, it looks like so now.

WS6TransAm01
At least Hamilton didn’t get poll. So that’s something.

Cavallino
3rd August 2019, 14:09
is it possible Mercs sacrificed a little speed in qualy to be faster in the race?

I'm wondering if Ferrari put some wing on too, sacrificing some sector 1 speed to make the car drivable across the rest of the lap.

For Merc it makes no sense on a track you can't overtake.

Ferrari312T4
3rd August 2019, 14:10
At least Hamilton didn’t get poll. So that’s something.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. :clap

tifosi1993
3rd August 2019, 14:12
Well atleast we're improving, I was expecting to fight with Mclaren here.

doublesixes
3rd August 2019, 14:23
Kinda fancy Robert Russell for Seb's seat. Impressive lap on that jalopy.

Ferrarichamp
3rd August 2019, 14:24
Max will be outnumbered by 2 Mercs at the start. We might see some fireworks.

Ferrarichamp
3rd August 2019, 14:34
main question now is, who has the best 'long run' pace?

KimiBot
3rd August 2019, 14:37
Well atleast we're improving, I was expecting to fight with Mclaren here.

FerrariF60
3rd August 2019, 14:52
That is not possible!

i'm afraid it is possible......they have an AWESOME CHASSIS.....and now honda is delivering.....so game ON between Lewis and Max

it's SAD that is NOT us.....

FerrariF60
3rd August 2019, 14:53
Vettel fastest first sector ???

yeah, first sector....but then we're NOWHERE through the rest of the lap....

Liscia
3rd August 2019, 15:21
Congratulations to Verstappen on his first pole! Beyond a possible dust up at the start I'm expecting a real snoozer if
Hungary lives up to it's past processionals............

faloupas
3rd August 2019, 15:28
Lets see the real picture of this year. Ok the car is bad in corners,mainly in slow corners,the evolution of the car is poor,there are no big upgrades during the season and the car is almost the same from the first day.
But for me if we can see the situation race by race,we had the opportunity to win 5 races and we lost them all...sometimes there were reliability issues...some others it was the team decisions that destroyed us..some others Seb's mistakes that cost us a lot of points..however the big if is how different it would be for us if we had managed to win atleast in Bahrain,Austria,Canada,and Germany...
Mercedes it is not unbeatable and there are a lot of points out there..it needs some luck, capabilities and right decisions
Tomorrow i expect a tight race...Spa and Monza its going to be good for us.
If Mercedes doesnt win any of next three races,then there is a hope for Max to be WDC...just a hope.

SilverSpeed
3rd August 2019, 15:44
I'm not upset with Charles mistakes tbh, let him make em this year so hopefully next year he won't make em again.

Just look where crashstappen came from and where he is now.

It's not that Charles is going to fight for the WDC this year.

Liscia
3rd August 2019, 15:53
I'm not upset with Charles mistakes tbh, let him make em this year so hopefully next year he won't make em again.

Just look where crashstappen came from and where he is now.

It's not that Charles is going to fight for the WDC this year.

Exactamente!

racingbradley
3rd August 2019, 16:04
I think it will be an interesting run down to the first corner to-morrow. The RB is not the best starter and we are the fastest car in S1 but Ham & Bot are in the way!
Massa moved from 3rd to the lead there in 2008 passing Ham and Kovalainen and would have won easily but the engine let him down!!!
Maybe one of our boys can do what looks like the impossible to-morrow and pick their way through. ;-) :pray :lol

Cavallino
3rd August 2019, 16:09
I think it will be an interesting run down to the first corner to-morrow. The RB is not the best starter and we are the fastest car in S1 but Ham & Bot are in the way!
Massa moved from 3rd to the lead there in 2008 passing Ham and Kovalainen and would have won easily but the engine let him down!!!
Maybe one of our boys can do what looks like the impossible to-morrow and pick their way through. ;-) :pray :lol

Pick off Bottas, hope for a well placed safety car.

Hope for temerature increase.

Schumiklub
3rd August 2019, 16:44
I hope Max can give Hamilton a really hard time for the WDC. RB is becoming a real force, unfortunately, but if we can’t challenge at least I wish they can. I’m sick of the Mercedes dominance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ferrarichamp
3rd August 2019, 16:45
it should be down to who manages their tyres better.
starting P2 & P3, Merc probably still fancy their chances.

nani_s23
3rd August 2019, 16:58
As said earlier, we are good for 3rd row. Ferrari still has issues in S2&S3.
Good job max, that RB is now the best car on track.

Ferrari should focus on next year

wisepie
3rd August 2019, 16:59
Quali result not unexpected to be honest, and lucky that Charles didn't cause another quali disaster in Q1. Hopefully Max will rattle the Mercs and while they're fighting maybe it will help us, but our long run pace is not brilliant and the downforce lacking compared to RB and Merc. Depressing that we still can't get a break and so many lost opportunities already this season, but it is what it is.:roll

Schumiklub
3rd August 2019, 17:07
Ferrari concluded that they have a lack of downforce again. What a surprise. You aren’t going to solve that with a single winglet change in the last 3 races. Other teams changed half of their car already.

Noquarter
3rd August 2019, 17:07
As said earlier, we are good for 3rd row. Ferrari still has issues in S2&S3.
Good job max, that RB is now the best car on track.

Ferrari should focus on next year

I do not think Red Bull is better than Mercedes. It's just that Max is doing an excellent job. See how far Gasly is.

Tifoso Svedese
3rd August 2019, 17:10
Lots of negatives but at least we have softs for a late-race SC/VSC situation, might as well try 2x medium and one stint soft tomorrow. Also, there's of course a remote possiblity that an under-pressure Bottas could go full-tilt and take both Hammy and Max out in turn one. Even so, from P4 and P5 we might be able to complicate Mercedes' race with an epic start for one of our guys. It'd be hilarious if Hammy got stuck in P4 or P5 behind one or both of our cars and started melting down on the radio as he usually does in that situation.

Realistically, P4/P5 would be a decent yield tomorrow though, hopefully Gasly is far enough back for one of our guys to get the fastest lap with fresh tyres at the end.

paolo lalli
3rd August 2019, 17:52
Get some points and wrap up this half of a very difficult season.When you go down a certain development path and realise that you were purely engine focused and forgot about or did not really worry about the chassis then this is the result at best.Red bull have shown just how good there design is it's a car for all circuits where Ferrari is power only focused.Unfortunately points for the best engine are not on offer in fi.

paolo lalli
3rd August 2019, 18:04
If mercedes try to sandwich verstapen in turn 1 they will come of second best max does not lay down.Hamilton said he will take the fight to max in turn 1. Without the butler doing his part for Lewis perfectly it's going to be hard.possability of lap 1 carnage lets hope spicing things up again.

WS6TransAm01
3rd August 2019, 18:14
Ferrari concluded that they have a lack of downforce again. What a surprise. You aren’t going to solve that with a single winglet change in the last 3 races. Other teams changed half of their car already.

It really strikes me as odd to see the relative lack of development compared to the other teams. Even RacingPoint seem to have major updates. Does Ferrari just not know what to do? Have they given up? They claim to know the problem, is there no one in the team who can offer up a solution?

I’m expecting Bottas takes out Max at the start and Lewis cruises to an easy win. Why? Because that seems to be his luck.

Ferrarichamp
3rd August 2019, 18:30
actually if you think about it, Max's wins have always come when he wasn't on pole.
So this time he probably won't win lol.

PURE PASSION
3rd August 2019, 19:51
I'm sorry to say it, but as things are now with our performance, I'm actually glad that we have the summer break and we dont have another race for a month. Not that I expect anything for later !!!!

denskits
4th August 2019, 00:27
I wonder if Ferrari will use the philosophy of SF-71H next half this season.

Giallo 550
4th August 2019, 02:22
Good effort from both of our drivers. Too bad the car sucked.

If Ferrari can't preserve some of Schumacher's records by beating Hamilton, I hope Verstappen does.

FerrariF60
4th August 2019, 03:19

If Ferrari can't preserve some of Schumacher's records by beating Hamilton, I hope Verstappen does.

i have to agree with you....can't stand when that Hamster keeps getting closer to Michaels records.....poles, wins, WDC's......etc
lets hope Max and red fulls can put a halt to that.....until Ferrari finally delivers a championship winning car for Charles.....cause my hopes for Seb delivering have suddenly evaporated....

nani_s23
4th August 2019, 05:33
I do not think Red Bull is better than Mercedes. It's just that Max is doing an excellent job. See how far Gasly is.

Partially agree with you, till 2 races ago. RB gave a different spec car to gasly. In German GP, he got the new one similar to max.
Remember, RB is good at developing their car. Now that max has a clause & there’s Immense pressure on RB to deliver him best package. That’s what they are doing.

JPZ
4th August 2019, 08:56

Agreed. If Ferrari have no chance for now, I will be supporting Verstappen.

nani_s23
4th August 2019, 09:58
Lot of unnoticed that bottas did out quali Ham.

Brembo
24th August 2019, 01:06
Lot of unnoticed that bottas did out quali Ham.

Throwing him a favorite @ quali once in a while is much better for Merc than paying a few million more to hang around. Bottas is already at $8,million 500 thousand. Where can he go and get that $$ ?

aroutis
27th August 2019, 13:51
Throwing him a favorite @ quali once in a while is much better for Merc than paying a few million more to hang around. Bottas is already at $8,million 500 thousand. Where can he go and get that $$ ?

He outqualified him fair and square. Noone did him a favor.

Brembo
27th August 2019, 21:52
He outqualified him fair and square. Noone did him a favor.

The fact that Bottas out qualified him fair and square only proves that it's not Lewis' car that gets the wins & poles, it's the driver doing the job. Again "You can't win them all !" Bottas has as good a car as Lewis, the rest is up to the driver, if their allowed to race each other without team orders. Just a memory, in 2002 the difference in points 10 for 1st, 6, pts. for 2nd pl. Imagine for 4 pts. having to give up a win .