PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here going to Melbourne?

dfunk257
2nd March 2020, 09:38
Would be great to meet some of you in person. :-)

chinmay
2nd March 2020, 09:43
Would be great to meet some of you in person. :-)

Binotto isn't sure that Ferrari is going to Melbourne or not. If Ferrari's employees are affected, Ferrari will pull out of Australian Grand Prix.

dfunk257
2nd March 2020, 09:51
Binotto isn't sure that Ferrari is going to Melbourne or not. If Ferrari's employees are affected, Ferrari will pull out of Australian Grand Prix.

Pretty sure Ferrari will be going. There is no threat and Aus Gp have confirmed that

chinmay
2nd March 2020, 10:28
Pretty sure Ferrari will be going. There is no threat and Aus Gp have confirmed that

Threat isn't in Australia, the employees in question are Italian employees. Binotto wants answers from FIA.

dfunk257
2nd March 2020, 10:45
Not that this has anything to do with my original question in this post, but here is the headline your talking about...

"Amid growing fears about staff not being allowed to travel, or risking quarantine on arrival, Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto says F1 and the FIA must ensure there are no surprises for teams.

With Italian team personnel and drivers having trouble getting to this weekend's Bahrain F2 test because of fears over the virus, there is a danger that a similar scenario could await staff travelling to the F1 season opener".

So like i said, The Aus GP management have confirmed that there wont be any trouble awaiting them when they arrive, its business as usual.
Imo as long as all the employees are healthy, then they will be ok to go.

chinmay
2nd March 2020, 12:19
Not that this has anything to do with my original question in this post, but here is the headline your talking about...

"Amid growing fears about staff not being allowed to travel, or risking quarantine on arrival, Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto says F1 and the FIA must ensure there are no surprises for teams.

With Italian team personnel and drivers having trouble getting to this weekend's Bahrain F2 test because of fears over the virus, there is a danger that a similar scenario could await staff travelling to the F1 season opener".

So like i said, The Aus GP management have confirmed that there wont be any trouble awaiting them when they arrive, its business as usual.
Imo as long as all the employees are healthy, then they will be ok to go.

Ok that is good news. Just 10 days more for the season to start!

paolo lalli
5th March 2020, 03:36
Not 100% sure the season will launch.Ferrari could be banned from coming.

Jax
5th March 2020, 11:30

Ferrari banned ?? for the engine thingy you mean ?? :-D you are delirious my friend. Ferrari IS F1 DO NOT FORGET

Jax
5th March 2020, 11:30

Ferrari banned ?? for the engine thingy you mean ?? :-D you are delirious my friend. Ferrari IS F1 DO NOT FORGET

chinmay
5th March 2020, 11:58

Looks like a possibility in Vietnam.

bondilad
5th March 2020, 11:59
Looks like a possibility in Vietnam.

If so then Vietnam won't have a grand prix this year.

nhiepka
5th March 2020, 13:51
If so then Vietnam won't have a grand prix this year.

I am from Vietnam, and living in HoChiMinh City, can confirm the nCovi19 is not effect to our life because the weather is hot, and Govement have plans to protest this virus before. Anyways, welcome to Vietnam even though it is not really good situation.

bondilad
5th March 2020, 14:01
I am from Vietnam, and living in HoChiMinh City, can confirm the nCovi19 is not effect to our life because the weather is hot, and Govement have plans to protest this virus before. Anyways, welcome to Vietnam even though it is not really good situation.

I hope they let Italians in so we can have a race in Vietnam. Brawn said if one team is not allowed, they won't race since its not fair for the championship.

Nick Singer
8th March 2020, 12:53

Hope you get your GP and that it's a good one but I fear the entire F1 season will be impacted..

dfunk257
10th March 2020, 14:25
Im leaving for Melbourne tomorrow. But my personal opinion is, if this grand prix had of been in another 1 or 2 weeks, it wouldnt have gone ahead.And like Nick said, i also think many races this season are gonna be impacted. Especially if the football is anything to go by.

From Treviso
10th March 2020, 19:49
I'll go on Saturday for support if the numbers are down on Friday. Friday will be very warm (28) and blustery, followed by a storm late afternoon. Saterday will be relatively cold (18) with a little moring rain. Sunday will be a little warmer (20)
https://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/melbourne/melbourne

paolo lalli
10th March 2020, 22:01
One hotel at Albert park locked down a guest has tested positive to you know what.Thanks china for all that you have given.

Kyss4k
12th March 2020, 16:04
Im leaving for Melbourne tomorrow. But my personal opinion is, if this grand prix had of been in another 1 or 2 weeks, it wouldnt have gone ahead.And like Nick said, i also think many races this season are gonna be impacted. Especially if the football is anything to go by.

I sincerly hope you didn't go...

FerrariF60
12th March 2020, 18:00
I sincerly hope you didn't go...

especially now that it's CANCELLED...

I'M curious to see HOW many races we're gonna get this year out of 22......maybe 10 if we're lucky

Rob
12th March 2020, 18:10

I'M curious to see HOW many races we're gonna get this year out of 22......maybe 10 if we're lucky

For tv rights, contracted minimum number of races is 16.

Kyss4k
12th March 2020, 18:53

Well it's not cancelled offcially as of yet

FerrariF60
12th March 2020, 18:54
Well it's not cancelled offcially as of yet

yes it is....

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11956439/f1s-australian-gp-to-be-cancelled-after-coronavirus-case

FerrariF60
12th March 2020, 18:55
see you guys in May, possibly for the first race....or maybe in June'ish....when i'll go to Montreal

Kyss4k
12th March 2020, 18:56
yes it is....

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11956439/f1s-australian-gp-to-be-cancelled-after-coronavirus-case

Yeah, I saw that, but it's still not official though.

FerrariF60
12th March 2020, 18:59
Yeah, I saw that, but it's still not official though.

it's all over the news....most likely 99.99999999% it wont' happen....but there is that 0.000000001% that it might....kind of like the odds i get when i play lotto 6/49....LOL

Kyss4k
12th March 2020, 19:07
it's all over the news....most likely 99.99999999% it wont' happen....but there is that 0.000000001% that it might....kind of like the odds i get when i play lotto 6/49....LOL

Yea, I heard, that there is another meeting planned in few minutes/hours where Daniel Andrews (Premier of Victoria) will be present, so maybe he will want the to be held without spectators? I don't know... I would just like to see the race and hope there is a safe way to do it, even though I know, that it's probably impossible.

jgonzalesm6
12th March 2020, 21:00
The race is not OFFICIALLY cancelled.

Still pending.

paolo lalli
12th March 2020, 22:25
The premier of Victoria Daniel Andrews has banned spectators from attending the race etc .its up to the organisers to make the desicion to hold the event or to cancell it.breaking news.

ferrari1.8t
12th March 2020, 22:26
Supposedly Kimi and Vettel have left Australia...

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sebastian-vettel-kimi-raikkonen/

FerrariF60
12th March 2020, 22:29
Supposedly Kimi and Vettel have left Australia...

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sebastian-vettel-kimi-raikkonen/

didn't take them long....well kimi don't care about F1 or racing....so i kind of expected that of him to flea out of the there fast....LOL

jgonzalesm6
12th March 2020, 23:00
FIA just cancelled the race.

paolo lalli
12th March 2020, 23:17
Why not family comes first screw f1.

FerrariF60
12th March 2020, 23:21
Why not family comes first screw f1.

EXACTLY......i know it's sad, but for all i care they can cancel the whole season, at least that way Hamster won't equal Michael in the 7xWDC.....
new rules next season, and with some luck if Ferrari work on the car flat out for a season, they may spring something good for 2021.....or they may not, it's a crap shoot....

dfunk257
16th March 2020, 11:22
I did go, and even though it turned into a disaster, i still had a good time, as i love Melbourne, and i have alot of friends there. I also got into the paddock on Thursday and saw Seb and Charles. So despite the cancellation, it was still worth the trip for me