PDA

View Full Version : Any hope for stopping Hamilton

Farid757
3rd August 2020, 20:21
I just cannot stand the fact that this arrogant, stuck up human being is going to equal Michael’s record. And any hope for a Ferrari that can race, hoping for good news.

Schumiklub
3rd August 2020, 21:01
Short answer: No! Long answer: Nope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS454
3rd August 2020, 23:48
When Lewis got his 5th championship, I started to get sick to my stomach that he's likely going to break Michael's record. If someone beat the record on merrit, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But for 7 year's he's had far and away the best car, arguably the most dominant in history. If it was Poker, it would be like him starting with pocket Aces every hand.

It's not only almost written in stone he will win not only 2020 championship, but 2021's as well.

Stormy
4th August 2020, 01:00
So what are we going to do fellas?

paolo lalli
4th August 2020, 02:41
Cheer him on like good sports do.Very hard to beat from here bottas needs balls and they are missing find them fast bottas because the title is starting to slip.Loose the butler tag mate and start pushing hard.Put Lewis under pressure he will start whingeing and whinning and complaining this will give bottas the opportunity of beating Lewis.There is no other way on track other than Lewis Hamilton's car failing or crashing.

Brembo
4th August 2020, 06:45
Bottas is trying for sure. One win so far and he's for sure fighting Max. He's not Rubenized by Merc. Besides great driving Lewis has great luck which is needed by any F-1 driver.Winning on 3 tires takes great driving, confidence and great luck. Charles is giving us Ferrari fans hope for sure , forget Binottos 2 yrs wait. All F-1 races are unpredictable to the end . Merc nearly wound up after 66 front row lockouts finishing with zero points !

paolo lalli
4th August 2020, 08:59
Hamilton claims he prefers a real challenge from Charles or max that's easy to say when he is miles in front.If only it would be possible to really see just how good hamster really is or has he purely had the longest honeymoon in the current hybrid era in formula1 history.Oh by the way no mention of bottas.

Greig
4th August 2020, 09:27
He can win 10 titles and he still won't match the level of Schumi, Alonso is better than Lewis also.....

Rishu
4th August 2020, 09:32
He can win 10 titles and he still won't match the level of Schumi, Alonso is better than Lewis also.....

Number of titles can never define a driver

stefa
4th August 2020, 09:56

:clap:thumb

Brembo
4th August 2020, 12:48

Seb for sure is proof of that!

FerrariF60
4th August 2020, 12:54

Tell that to the British biased #$&@#$ commentators....which see Lewis as gods gift to F1....praised so high, even higher than Senna.....bunch of hypocrites

We all know that all these championships since 2017 have been all given to Lewis on a platter and arranged by Merc..
The only challenges he had and had to work really hard were 14, 15, 16...when Nico was his teammate

So brace yourselves for more easy wdcs for Lewis....at least 2 more...and then we’ll see what the pecking order will be from 2022 onwards

FerrariF60
4th August 2020, 12:57
Seb for sure is proof of that!

Seb is nowhere....I’ve always rate him as an overrated driver...without Neweys rocketships he’s absolutely mediocre
He just doesn’t have the racing skills to race midpack....he’s used to quali on,pole and run away into the distance thanks to the blown diffuser rockets he’s had in the past

nani_s23
4th August 2020, 13:11

:clap

nani_s23
4th August 2020, 13:11

Exactly :thumb

wisepie
4th August 2020, 17:12

Quite correct, and Mercedes may have done an incredible job but without their car HAM would not be in a position to claim his 7th and possibly 8th WDC. Sadly, Ferrari have failed to rise to the challenge, despite coming close on occasions, and now the engine freeze has turned it into a circus.:-E

SS454
4th August 2020, 20:22

I completely agree. It's a shame statistics will create the argument, and in 20 years people will say Lewis easily is the GOAT.

Farid757
4th August 2020, 21:01
Hamster will never have the status of Schumi, Senna, Alonso or any of the drivers who really raced to be champions. He will be a statistic, and F1 a farce.

Ferrari312T4
4th August 2020, 21:16
Not until the FIA is asking Mercedes to drop it on their table. And have it disassembled.

Brembo
5th August 2020, 02:55
Hamster will never have the status of Schumi, Senna, Alonso or any of the drivers who really raced to be champions. He will be a statistic, and F1 a farce.

If and when Lewis does 100 wins, 100 poles , 10 WDCs, they will only be good stats until the next GOAT passes them. I agree that all past records are a F-1 farce once they are passed. Senna was the only GOAT that has left doubt as to how far he would have gone. No driver passed his pole record in the same time as he reached his top number. Stats are a farce!

killer
5th August 2020, 04:04
I think a good indicator of how easy it has been for Lewis is the amount of time he can devote to things that do not involve driving a race car.

Look at the drivers that most capture our imagination and you will see that they have one thing in common: they were consumed by a passion for motorsport and nothing else got their attention.

Brembo
5th August 2020, 06:34
I think a good indicator of how easy it has been for Lewis is the amount of time he can devote to things that do not involve driving a race car.

Look at the drivers that most capture our imagination and you will see that they have one thing in common: they were consumed by a passion for motorsport and nothing else got their attention.

Very true. Most drivers are for sure consumed by a passion to beat Lewis. Nothing else matters. Motorsports at it's best. Charles, Bottas and Max, 24/7 on the case. Meanwhile as you say Lewis can and does enjoy his social life . But come Fri, Sat , Sun. race week he's on pole and winning races best he can. Merc has locked the front start 66 times! All work no play not good.

killer
5th August 2020, 07:20
Very true. Most drivers are for sure consumed by a passion to beat Lewis. Nothing else matters. Motorsports at it's best. Charles, Bottas and Max, 24/7 on the case. Meanwhile as you say Lewis can and does enjoy his social life . But come Fri, Sat , Sun. race week he's on pole and winning races best he can. Merc has locked the front start 66 times! All work no play not good.

Not quite what I meant but hey--more power to you.

aroutis
8th August 2020, 06:21

I am not sure where you saw that.

Brembo
8th August 2020, 07:30

Aroutis, here's where I saw that .

wisepie
8th August 2020, 08:04

Agreed, anyone driving that Merc for the past 6 years is likely to have been in pole position for the WDC/WCC. I accept that HAM is a great driver but so are some of the others who will have missed out.:roll

Redfive
8th August 2020, 10:11
I just cannot stand the fact that this arrogant, stuck up human being is going to equal Michael’s record. And any hope for a Ferrari that can race, hoping for good news.

You and me both mate. To be totally honest it wouldn't bother me if I felt he'd earned it or fought hard for it, I could accept that but what kills me is the fact that car is the most dominant in the history of the sport, 7 years now nothing has been close and I guess even then if he had a teammate like Max, Charles or Alonso I could deal with it, but the fact Bottas is paid just to be his #2 and to let him pass is making a mockery of the sport. (just look at the last race 'Silverstone'. if you watch the first 2 seconds of the race you see Bottas actually gets the better initial start and then seems to 'lift' for his master.)

What annoys me even more are some 'casual' F1 fans that are lapping it up. Take my mother for instance. She watches F1 on and off but is not a huge fan. When Michael was winning, she was constantly saying "it's time someone else won" but according to her it's fine if Lewis is winning for 7 yrs on a row because "he's british".

You cannot believe the amount of willpower it takes to hold my tongue and not call her a total hypocrite. (if it was someone else rather than my mum, I would had a huge row)

What gets me also is the fact the FIA did everything they could to stop Michael winning, but they are more than happy for Lewis to keep winning with no competition.

Quite frankly my love for this sport is dwindling and won't last much longer. The thought of no changes at all until 2022 and 2 more titles for them with little to no effort boils my blood.

Brembo
8th August 2020, 15:30
No 8th pole @ Silverstone for Lewis. I still have a feeling Bottas and Toto are telling the truth that there's no #1 #2 driver.

SS454
8th August 2020, 17:05
No 8th pole @ Silverstone for Lewis. I still have a feeling Bottas and Toto are telling the truth that there's no #1 #2 driver.

I think Mercedes legitimately lets them go 100% in qualifying.

As for the race, I can't say I remember Hamilton playing the role of a pawn or speed bump to help Bottas, but Hamilton typically isn't in that position.

Brembo
9th August 2020, 03:06
I think Mercedes legitimately lets them go 100% in qualifying.
As for the race, I can't say I remember Hamilton playing the role of a pawn or speed bump to help Bottas, but Hamilton typically isn't in that position.

I'm glad I'm not alone thinking Merc let's them race. With those two cars ; being on pole is a major advantage. As for the race as you say, I also can't see Lewis moving over for Bottas if he's in 1st. for real.

SilverSpeed
9th August 2020, 13:17
Taxi's gonna have to sign the agreement to get 2 easy championships...

Tifoso Svedese
9th August 2020, 14:00
Leclerc in the 2020 Ferrari is currently touring the track faster than Hammy in race trim, what a joke he is as soon as things don't go plain sailing :rotfl

SS454
9th August 2020, 18:55
I'd say Mercedes really pooched it for Bottas today. Bottas sure felt like the team's strategy let him down too.

458 Italia
9th August 2020, 19:31
I'd say Mercedes really pooched it for Bottas today. Bottas sure felt like the team's strategy let him down too.

I feel they did too. For all mercedes talk about how the two drivers are allowed to race they sure seem to make sure hamilton gets the better strategy.

Rob
9th August 2020, 20:22
I feel they did too. For all mercedes talk about how the two drivers are allowed to race they sure seem to make sure hamilton gets the better strategy.

If you listen to radio messages to Bottas near the end his engineer told him "free to race just give each other space",

And lewis was told " free to race just need to keep it clean"

Now. Could look at those messages as coded team orders to bottas to move over, give lewis space to pass.

As bottas moved waaay to early to the left coming onto wellington straight for that to be a defensive move.

458 Italia
9th August 2020, 20:32
If you listen to radio messages to Bottas near the end his engineer told him "free to race just give each other space",

And lewis was told " free to race just need to keep it clean"

Now. Could look at those messages as coded team orders to bottas to move over, give lewis space to pass.

As bottas moved waaay to early to the left coming onto wellington straight for that to be a defensive move.

Yeah there were those subtle differences in the messages to the drivers, good spot :thumb I think either way though making sure ham had much fresher tyres combined with the joke DRS made sure positions would be switched.

As your here Rob, what are the logistics for AF between this last race and next week?

Rob
9th August 2020, 20:36
Yeah there were those subtle differences in the messages to the drivers, good spot :thumb I think either way though making sure ham had much fresher tyres combined with the joke DRS made sure positions would be switched.

As your here Rob, what are the logistics for AF between this last race and next week?

Many personal there already as in elms. Few were in misano for gt Europe. Look what's already in pits at spa

458 Italia
9th August 2020, 20:47
Many personal there already as in elms. Few were in misano for gt Europe. Look what's already in pits at spa

I thought that was probably the case, I guess alot of the guys will be feeling like their feet barely touch the floor with the extra condensed season.

Love it! I'm buzzing for next weekend I have a feeling the boys will do super well. :-)

paolo lalli
9th August 2020, 21:44
Stop Hamilton high temp track limits hot weather the fia Pirrelli tyres and an on song max.You might just pull it off.

Redfive
9th August 2020, 22:21
a bad thing to say but I swear if I had the knowledge I'd DDOS the Autosport forum. There is a thread there about Schumis records that are close to being broken and they are just raving about Ham and attacking Michael, I swear it made me sick the utter lies and twisted truth they were spouting. I posted but I will never go back there now. I'm sticking here and not even looking there now. it's a sick and disgustingly biased place.

Please please let next years Ferrari be better, I know if Charles has a car close to the Merc he'll beat them!

paolo lalli
10th August 2020, 02:26
1000%CORRECT.

Brembo
10th August 2020, 03:40
Once and a while... I mention the name Max when posting. He stopped Lewis !!!! Is it OK now to " Occasionally !" :rotfl use his name on this Ferrari forum ? So yeah he slowed Lewis down on the wins and yeah Charles is doing best he can with what he has , but yeah we can't wait for him to stop Merc from winning every race, Yeah,I thank Max big time!

Tifoso Svedese
10th August 2020, 09:16
Best hope would probably be to stop the season and hand the title to the corona virus.

JPZ
10th August 2020, 09:36
a bad thing to say but I swear if I had the knowledge I'd DDOS the Autosport forum. There is a thread there about Schumis records that are close to being broken and they are just raving about Ham and attacking Michael, I swear it made me sick the utter lies and twisted truth they were spouting. I posted but I will never go back there now. I'm sticking here and not even looking there now. it's a sick and disgustingly biased place.

Please please let next years Ferrari be better, I know if Charles has a car close to the Merc he'll beat them!

Tifoso Svedese
10th August 2020, 09:41
Schumacher won the title in plain inferior cars in 1994, 1995 and 2003 (inferior tyres more like, the car was great). Senna won the title with an inferior car in 1991 also. You could argue the 2000 McLaren was easier to drive than the Ferrari as well, because that was right when Michael was in his prime, so we won't know for sure. All I know is that Coulthard won three races, a career high, in that McLaren. Then you must add his heroics in 1997 and 1998 when he won eleven wins in two seasons against invincible Newey cars.

Hamilton? Equal car in 2008 and then with a taxi, plus lost the title to the other taxi once. So ludicrous how he's even mentioned in the same sentence. Also that team has been Lance Armstrong on four wheels and hopefully 10 years from now the hammer will fall hard on that empire and their methods. Put Vettel in that car at the start of the 2014 season and he'd swept the decade. It's basically like wondering why Bayern, Juve and PSG win their domestic leagues.

JHAMMER
10th August 2020, 13:28

Which result has more glory for Mercedes?
They win another drivers championship with Bottas, or Mercedes wins a sixth,seventh, eighth drivers championship with Hamilton.

FerrariF60
10th August 2020, 14:19
They win another drivers championship with Bottas, or Mercedes wins a sixth,seventh, eighth drivers championship with Hamilton.

EXACTLY.....nough said....

JPMFerrari
10th August 2020, 14:49
Until Hamilton retires, Mercedes will continue to dominate.

FerrariF60
10th August 2020, 15:22
Until MERCEDES retires, Mercedes will continue to dominate.

there, i fixed it for ya.....put anyone in that TAXI and they will win championships comfortably.....that's right, even the likes of Crashjean, Stroller, Perez.....just to name a few

Brembo
11th August 2020, 03:04
Seb already proved beyond any doubt; in Lewis car now; he would be winning WDC s. He already did it 4 Xs. Up front out of traffic is all he is used to and good at. Max doesn't need pole to start and then stay up front. " I'm not gonna be like a grandma ! " He's got Honda up there with Merc ! Charles is for sure up there with the top guys too.

aroutis
11th August 2020, 13:50
Schumacher won the title in plain inferior cars in 1994, 1995 and 2003 (inferior tyres more like, the car was great). Senna won the title with an inferior car in 1991 also. You could argue the 2000 McLaren was easier to drive than the Ferrari as well, because that was right when Michael was in his prime, so we won't know for sure. All I know is that Coulthard won three races, a career high, in that McLaren. Then you must add his heroics in 1997 and 1998 when he won eleven wins in two seasons against invincible Newey cars.
And who can forget 1996 Spain, that is the stuff that defines a GOAT.

aroutis
11th August 2020, 13:51

They tried to make a legend out of Lewis for finishing the race on 3 tyres. Trying to make it look like as if noone has ever raced with 3 tyres.
As if Gilles has never done this.

It's insulting.

aroutis
11th August 2020, 13:52
there, i fixed it for ya.....put anyone in that TAXI and they will win championships comfortably.....that's right, even the likes of Crashjean, Stroller, Perez.....just to name a few

So correct.

Silent Bob
11th August 2020, 14:10
They tried to make a legend out of Lewis for finishing the race on 3 tyres. Trying to make it look like as if noone has ever raced with 3 tyres.

It's insulting.

Schumacher beat coulthard into the pits after hitting him in spa with only 3 wheels. :-D

jgonzalesm6
11th August 2020, 15:07

It's insulting.

In the history of F1, no one has finished a race AND WON on 3 tires. Lewis is the 1st.

JHAMMER
11th August 2020, 15:58
In the history of F1, no one has finished a race AND WON on 3 tires. Lewis is the 1st.

What you all are missing is it the most important thing about Hamilton winning.

He is black.
That's the most important thing.

Brembo
14th August 2020, 06:04
What you all are missing is it the most important thing about Hamilton winning.

He is black.
That's the most important thing.

Just like football, basketball , boxing here in the USA . Great athletes out to win.

JHAMMER
15th August 2020, 21:05
Just like football, basketball , boxing here in the USA . Great athletes out to win.

Very few great athletes out to win.
More out just for the money.

Brembo
16th August 2020, 03:19
Very few great athletes out to win.
More out just for the money.

The more the wins , the more the money! So there out to win the big money! Those R Bull wins got Seb all that Ferrari $$$ ! So you are right, the out to win incentive was gone once the millions were in the bank. There! I think I hammered it! :rotfl F-1 has a young Canadian driver showing hope also!!