PDA

View Full Version : Frédéric Vasseur

Greig
19th November 2022, 10:04
If rumours are true is he the answer?

French so non Italian which will please many, has worked with Charles before. Has won a lot in lower formula's.

Not sure what else can be said, is he going to turn Ferrari into title winners?

nani_s23
19th November 2022, 10:34

French so non Italian which will please many, has worked with Charles before. Has won a lot in lower formula's.

Answer is no..!!

nani_s23
19th November 2022, 10:34

Answer is no..!!

Rishu
19th November 2022, 10:36

Not too optimistic, pretty much same feeling when I heard Sainz as Seb’s replacement

hopefully I get to be proved wrong if indeed rumours are true

nani_s23
19th November 2022, 10:59
Not too optimistic, pretty much same feeling when I heard Sainz as Seb’s replacement

hopefully I get to be proved wrong if indeed rumours are true

Mattia Binotto & Elkan expected to give a statement soon.

Mattia denied its just rumours.

patrese86
19th November 2022, 11:09
Well I don't know but if the rumours are true I hope he's better at making the team communicate and more decisive in their decision making.

paneristi
19th November 2022, 14:31
Well I don't know but if the rumours are true I hope he's better at making the team communicate and more decisive in their decision making.

exactly. Effective communication, which seems to be lacking now.

Italian Spirit
19th November 2022, 16:15

I don’t know what he can bring to the team: technically Vasseur doesn’t have, by far, the level of Binotto, “politically” (and we know how much this matters for a major F1 team) he has zero experience at high level, and finally the French connection he maintains with the disastrous Menkies doesn’t bode well.
If the rumours are true, I feel a bit depressed.

brucewayne
19th November 2022, 17:49
So according to Jean Alesi, there will be changes, but not necessarily regarding Binotto. Sounds promising.

ferrari1.8t
19th November 2022, 18:52
https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/status/1594005980135948288?s=21

I guess it’s a done deal?

nani_s23
19th November 2022, 19:39
I guess Fred will join alongside with binotto.

tpe
19th November 2022, 19:42

N.O. W.A.Y.

tpe
19th November 2022, 19:45
The way Binotto answered to relevant questions on Saturday of Abu Dhabi, means than FV will come to the team. To which capacity, is to be shown.

racingbradley
19th November 2022, 21:22
It was a Frenchman who was TP when we were on top last time, Jean Todt but he had a good team around him. Maybe Fred will bring some of his own staff.
Never say never. He could be great and Charles may shine under his leadership. {if that's his role}:pray
if he can deal with the politics it will help as Binotto puts up no fight.

JPZ
19th November 2022, 21:25
Perhaps Vasseur will take over as Racing Director from Mekies while Binotto remains as Team Principal and can focus on the technical department.

There were also rumours that Mekies and Rueda could be going to Alfa Romeo.

stasera
20th November 2022, 10:07
rueda and inaki should go away

tpe
20th November 2022, 19:02
Let's see.
It seems sure that he will join the team.

WS6TransAm01
20th November 2022, 22:05
Italian TPs have not worked.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Toothlessrage*
21st November 2022, 06:49
Perhaps Vasseur will take over as Racing Director from Mekies while Binotto remains as Team Principal and can focus on the technical department.

There were also rumours that Mekies and Rueda could be going to Alfa Romeo.

This sounds somewhat realistic.

But, it'll all hinge on the hope that Binnoto and Vasseur can co-exist.

aroutis
21st November 2022, 13:33
We should all be able to agree on the following (according to what we've been witnessing at least) :
1. Binotto has limits re: his role as a TP
2. He struggles re: his relations with Charles
3. He has excellent technical skills.

Taking into consideration the aforementioned, I think that Vasseur fits in a scenario where Binotto will delegate to him the TP duties.
He will keep (or partake) technical duties, in order to save face (Ferrari should do something in order to not show this is a demotion, at least
not at first).
Vasseur will have direct contact with the drivers, this way if I am right, this will solve the #1/#2 issue as well (big issue this year if you ask me).
And yes , I believe Vasseur will have authority to make change to the pit wall.

tpe
22nd November 2022, 20:15
Isn't the job of the Sporting director to run the pitwall/race operations?

Otherwise, why do you need him?

Tony
25th November 2022, 14:20
The simple solution would have been to have brought Todt in to help mentor Binotto. This year would have gone very differently if Todt had been there the way that Binotto wanted.

By the way, Binotto is born in Switzerland (not Italy) and educated outside of Italy. I swear some of you think everyone with an Italian last name is an idiot...

paneristi
25th November 2022, 15:42
The simple solution would have been to have brought Todt in to help mentor Binotto. This year would have gone very differently if Todt had been there the way that Binotto wanted.

By the way, Binotto is born in Switzerland (not Italy) and educated outside of Italy. I swear some of you think everyone with an Italian last name is an idiot...
Binotto was favored by Camilleri to replace Arrivabene who was chosen by Marchionne (gone too soon before wiping out LCdM’s Machiavellian style). I think it’s a matter of decision making (eg. Putting the right man for the job, task distribution, etc) rather than nationality to do the job. That’s why a TP is given such power to exercise & fight to achieve results.

Brembo
26th November 2022, 08:46

Mick was also born and raised and educated in Switzerland not Germany . But he is said to be German because as we all know his heritage. Both Rubens and Felipe are from Italian heritage but were born in Brasil. The opposite of Mick!

JPZ
26th November 2022, 11:26
Mick was also born and raised and educated in Switzerland not Germany . But he is said to be German because as we all know his heritage. Both Rubens and Felipe are from Italian heritage but were born in Brasil. The opposite of Mick!

He has dual nationality, as many drivers have, but they have to choose one to race under.

Brembo
26th November 2022, 14:56
He has dual nationality, as many drivers have, but they have to choose one to race under.

That answers my question! Thanks.

Brembo
26th November 2022, 15:00

Enzo Ferrari! It don't get more Italian than that.

racingbradley
26th November 2022, 15:36
Sources say that an interim manager will be put in place namely Benedetto Vigna for the first few months. Are they waiting on Fred to learn Italian????;-)

wisepie
26th November 2022, 17:06
Sources say that an interim manager will be put in place namely Benedetto Vigna for the first few months. Are they waiting on Fred to learn Italian????;-)

I'm not convinced that Binotto's departure will help the team at this critical time, much better to have kept him in his technical role and appointed a TP who has the experience and guts to stand up to the FIA/Liberty, Mattia may be unpopular with many tifosi but he did a great job with the F1-75.:-??

FerrariF60
26th November 2022, 19:10
I'm not convinced that Binotto's departure will help the team at this critical time, much better to have kept him in his technical role and appointed a TP who has the experience and guts to stand up to the FIA/Liberty, Mattia may be unpopular with many tifosi but he did a great job with the F1-75.:-??

It’s sad that after 30 years with Ferrari they want to sack him
Maybe he’ll just be transferred back to the factory as he’s a great engineer
I would promote him to technical director of chassis department

Again it’d be sad to seem him go and end up at Merc, like all the good talent Ferrari let go in the past

Toothlessrage*
27th November 2022, 04:20
It’s sad that after 30 years with Ferrari they want to sack him
Maybe he’ll just be transferred back to the factory as he’s a great engineer
I would promote him to technical director of chassis department

Again it’d be sad to seem him go and end up at Merc, like all the good talent Ferrari let go in the past

I felt sad too, to hear that he's about to/got sacked.
He did deliver on a strong base, the F1-75, but probably had plans to refine the package into 2023.
My opinion is that he needed a shield to protect him from the pressures of the higher management and an enforcer as well.

But, if the rumors are true about his sacking.
Then, I dont see Ferrari getting out of this rut anytime soon.

jgonzalesm6
29th November 2022, 11:04
Vasseur will make Leclerc the de facto #1 role at Ferrari.

That's a plus.

Nero Horse
30th November 2022, 02:59
- Vasseur as Team Principal
- Aldo Costa as Technical Director
- Ross Brawn as Advisor
- Rueda kicked out

That would be the best solution.

racingbradley
30th November 2022, 10:04
- Vasseur as Team Principal
- Aldo Costa as Technical Director
- Ross Brawn as Advisor
- Rueda kicked out

That would be the best solution.
Don't forget Rory Byrne :-)

racingbradley
2nd December 2022, 09:42
Rumour mill Fred has turned down the job.

wisepie
2nd December 2022, 10:33

I've just seen this mentioned too, I find it hard to believe that nobody seems to want the poisoned chalice that a TP of Ferrari can be. Has the entry into the WEC Hypercar class drained Ferrari talent completely?:roll

Toothlessrage*
2nd December 2022, 10:37

Has it been verified by any reliable source?

jgonzalesm6
2nd December 2022, 14:10
I'm reading Paul Hembrey(Pirelli) and Coletta from the 499P program are throwing in their names in the hat.

racingbradley
2nd December 2022, 15:59
I'm reading Paul Hembrey(Pirelli) and Coletta from the 499P program are throwing in their names in the hat.

interesting

racingbradley
7th December 2022, 10:27
Rumour mill gathers that it is Vasseur. I just hope he is strong enough to get the job done,:pray

tpe
7th December 2022, 22:09
Everyone concentrate to the TP.
And no word for the other crucial job, that of the TD...

racingbradley
9th December 2022, 15:16
Vasseur has bought house in Italy and was seen coming out of Marenello.

tpe
9th December 2022, 21:37
How about the TD?

I insist on this

racingbradley
10th December 2022, 10:25
There is a senior engineer coming from Mercedes. Whether he can step up to TD I don't know but Binotto must have had an understudy. who can take over..

Gilles
10th December 2022, 12:16
Welcome Frédéric, let’s build the future in the spirit of the Scuderia's history, Charles has so much to give to the fans

wisepie
10th December 2022, 17:07
There is a senior engineer coming from Mercedes. Whether he can step up to TD I don't know but Binotto must have had an understudy. who can take over..

I thought Laurent Mekies was supposed to be Binotto's trackside assistant, someone correct me if I'm wrong! Is he staying in his position, do we know?

racingbradley
10th December 2022, 17:53
I thought Laurent Mekies was supposed to be Binotto's trackside assistant, someone correct me if I'm wrong! Is he staying in his position, do we know?
OMG we are in more trouble. Let's hope they re-jigger some key positions like Mekies' and Rueda's. It could be a can of worms.:-?? ;-)

JPZ
11th December 2022, 08:10

Mekies was Assistant Team Principal and Racing Director.

Still no new information.

wisepie
11th December 2022, 11:07
Mekies was Assistant Team Principal and Racing Director.

Still no new information.

Thanks, I thought that was his role, don't know if he's staying but it looks like the French may be taking over where Binotto left off. All being kept quiet, apart from the rumours!

racingbradley
11th December 2022, 15:52
It seems to me that mistakes could be more Makies and Rudea's fault not Binotto's. He took responsibility but that doesn't change the cause

tpe
11th December 2022, 16:07
I remember when in 2020 we were hoping that Binotto would stay at the factory so Marie's would run the team...

wisepie
11th December 2022, 16:40
It seems to me that mistakes could be more Makies and Rudea's fault not Binotto's. He took responsibility but that doesn't change the cause

We may never know for sure, Mattia Binotto was obviously very reserved and didn't openly criticise anyone in the team, which some people regard as a failure to perform his duty!

racingbradley
11th December 2022, 18:11

+1

Tony
13th December 2022, 01:06
Rumor has it that Vasseur was hired back in June...

Rishu
13th December 2022, 01:24
Rumor has it that Vasseur was hired back in June...

That means had given up Binotto around May? that early?

Toothlessrage*
13th December 2022, 07:30
F1 | Alfa Romeo: official, Vasseur leaves in January for Ferrari

The Hinwil team greeted the CEO and team principal of Sauber Motorsport with a statement. A cycle that lasted six years in which the Swiss team grew to sixth place in the Constructors' championship in 2022 comes to an end. The first step has been taken: now we have to wait for the announcement from Ferrari which will appoint him team principal from the new year.

Link: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-alfa-romeo-ufficiale-vasseur-lascia-a-gennaio-per-ferrari/10410777/

Decoded
13th December 2022, 07:31
Welcome to our new TP
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-vasseur-to-replace-binotto-as-ferrari-team-principal.PELK9IIldsKSUSUwnJE66.html

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-announces-vasseur-as-new-formula-1-boss/10410795/

tifosi1993
13th December 2022, 07:40
:thumb

Hopefully Fred will do what Binotto refused to do, clean Ferrari off incompetence and send Rueda and Marcos packing.

stefa
13th December 2022, 07:42
It is official

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/1602581666744221696?t=zJtttSwuPPcODIJRwUIvqQ&s=19

All the luck, and I hope it'll work!

Greig
13th December 2022, 07:50
Good luck to him, first job replace the stragists but not with the ones from Alfa.

:ferrarifl

Toothlessrage*
13th December 2022, 07:54
Good luck to him, first job replace the stragists but not with the ones from Alfa.

:ferrarifl

I hope he's ruthless with team management and politics.

stasera
13th December 2022, 08:33
i hope he is able to asignate the number one and number two drivers

paneristi
13th December 2022, 09:25
Vasseur has bought house in Italy and was seen coming out of Marenello.

I’ll be watching this. If nothing’s changed we may get a good deal in a few years

jgonzalesm6
13th December 2022, 10:48
So, Fred Vasseur will join Scuderia Ferrari on 9 January as Team Principal and General Manager.

So, no one has been announced officially at the Scuderia in the Technical Director role.

WS6TransAm01
13th December 2022, 12:45
Well, it's official. Let's hope he can straighten out the strategy department at least.

racingbradley
13th December 2022, 13:11
Good luck Frederic :-D
Now The TD is the first to look at.

wisepie
13th December 2022, 16:46
Funny that we now have a French TP and Mclaren have an Italian TP in Andrea Stella, who said the Italians were not the way to run a ship?! Maybe Fred will inject some fire into the position and make sure that Ferrari don't get downtrodden by the FIA/Liberty, as for the technical side, I think there has been reference to Simone Resta (ex-Alfa and Haas) and Laurent Mekies looks to be staying and a new strategist, Ravin Jain.

Tifoso
13th December 2022, 16:56
Can’t be worse than current situation.
I hope.

nani_s23
13th December 2022, 19:10
So, Fred Vasseur will join Scuderia Ferrari on 9 January as Team Principal and General Manager.

So, no one has been announced officially at the Scuderia in the Technical Director role.

One way this is good, it seems like Ferrari responding to Leclerc statements.

He’s the future, giving him all the necessary back up & let’s see if he’s gonna deliver it or not.

JacKy
13th December 2022, 19:25
I am pretty sure that Sainz Jr. is already walking cloud of negativity. Because of the Leclerc and Vasseur relationship.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again If 2023 car is fast and races for the championship, Sainz will be a big problem. He is not a team player , He think he is god like driver but he is not.

tpe
13th December 2022, 19:35
Funny that we now have a French TP and Mclaren have an Italian TP in Andrea Stella, who said the Italians were not the way to run a ship?! Maybe Fred will inject some fire into the position and make sure that Ferrari don't get downtrodden by the FIA/Liberty, as for the technical side, I think there has been reference to Simone Resta (ex-Alfa and Haas) and Laurent Mekies looks to be staying and a new strategist, Ravin Jain.

Source?

Brembo
13th December 2022, 21:45
[QUOTE=JacKy;1074155]I am pretty sure that Sainz Jr. is already walking cloud of negativity. Because of the Leclerc and Vasseur relationship.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again If 2023 car is fast and races for the championship, Sainz will be a big problem. He is not a team player , He think he is god like driver but he is not.[/Q

Who is not the team player? Leclerc and Vasseur relationship; or Carlos on his own against Vasseur and his team mate as well as all the other drivers? No team orders makes for two team players! I hope Carlos gets tostart the races with at least 4 tires!!: rotfl . Rubenization already and 2023 hasn't started!! :rotfl

Rishu
14th December 2022, 02:18
I am pretty sure that Sainz Jr. is already walking cloud of negativity. Because of the Leclerc and Vasseur relationship.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again If 2023 car is fast and races for the championship, Sainz will be a big problem. He is not a team player , He think he is god like driver but he is not.

To be fair if a racing driver doesn't believe he is the best, then he is not a racing driver, only a butler

Brembo
14th December 2022, 02:36
To be fair if a racing driver doesn't believe he is the best, then he is not a racing driver, only a butler

You are 100% correct !

wisepie
14th December 2022, 11:14
Source?

I read it yesterday on scuderiafans website, nothing concrete and always subject to an official Ferrari clarification as far as I know.

Brembo
5th January 2023, 08:14
i hope he is able to asignate the number one and number two drivers

During the race ; not before. Go Santander!!! Freddy boy needs to think WCC for Ferrari !!

google
12th January 2023, 07:01

But if your "belief" isn't covered by talent its becomes a sticky situation... just ask Bottas

Brembo
15th January 2023, 12:00
But if your "belief" isn't covered by talent its becomes a sticky situation... just ask Bottas

$$$$ also becomes and is a sticky situation. F-1 IMO now has going into 2023 6 , 7 including Alonso; qualified for 1st place drivers. Moving over is not for sure a drivers choice! Rubens always got paid!!!! :rotfl Will Fred ever tell Charles to let Carlos pass ?

Brembo
15th January 2023, 12:00

$$$$ also becomes and is a sticky situation. F-1 IMO now has going into 2023 6 , 7 including Alonso; qualified for 1st place drivers. Moving over is not for sure a drivers choice! Rubens always got paid!!!! :rotfl Will Fred ever tell Charles to let Carlos pass ?

aroutis
16th January 2023, 07:56

So , Reubens decided to get paid to move over when asked to. Choice.
Good, now we 're in agreement.

As for your Q, would you tell your faster driver to move over for your slower? Only if there was a technical issue.

Brembo
16th January 2023, 15:13
So , Reubens decided to get paid to move over when asked to. Choice.
Good, now we 're in agreement.

As for your Q, would you tell your faster driver to move over for your slower? Only if there was a technical issue.

Just be sure of who is the faster driver each race. Starting a season and telling one of your drivers you will have to move over no matter how your doing is not how I see a successful two drivers working together for WCC. Without Rubens @ Merc moving over , Michael couldn't win not even one race in 3 seasons. Was he Rubenized?? :rotfl Meanwhile I hope Santatnder will be on top of Freddy as far as not Rubenizing Carlos every race!

aroutis
17th January 2023, 09:44
Just be sure of who is the faster driver each race. Starting a season and telling one of your drivers you will have to move over no matter how your doing is not how I see a successful two drivers working together for WCC. Without Rubens @ Merc moving over , Michael couldn't win not even one race in 3 seasons. Was he Rubenized?? :rotfl Meanwhile I hope Santatnder will be on top of Freddy as far as not Rubenizing Carlos every race!

If you watched last year you know that Charles was faster than Carlos, race in race out. It's not open for a debate. Carlos now has a very easy task. Be our new Reubens. He can watch the tapes from the Schumi era and get prepared for more info ;)
As for Santander , don't worry, remember that 55 mn deficit from two sponsors leaving and how the UK media making a party ? Oh, how easily Ferrari closed the gap within days. If / when they leave , someone else will come begging.
If you hope for a sponsor to control Ferrari, you do not belong with this forum, you're not a Ferrari fan.

But then, we know this.

Brembo
17th January 2023, 11:47
A sponsor to control Ferrari no! Just even out the driver chances of who moves over and when. $$$ for sure counts. We Ferrari fans need Charles to beat Max not just Carlos ! Go Santander !!! Carlos needs all the help he can get !

Brembo
17th January 2023, 11:56
[QUOTE=Brembo;1074365]A sponsor to control Ferrari no! Just even out the driver chances of who moves over and when. $$$ for sure counts. We Ferrari fans need Charles to beat Max not just Carlos ! Go Santander !!! Carlos needs all the help he can get and so does Charles. He needs to beat Max not Carlos for WDC! As the saying goes, 2nd place is the losers 1st place. If you watched 2021 Carlos was faster than Charles.

brucewayne
17th January 2023, 13:15
[QUOTE=Brembo;1074365]A sponsor to control Ferrari no! Just even out the driver chances of who moves over and when. $$$ for sure counts. We Ferrari fans need Charles to beat Max not just Carlos ! Go Santander !!! Carlos needs all the help he can get and so does Charles. He needs to beat Max not Carlos for WDC! As the saying goes, 2nd place is the losers 1st place. If you watched 2021 Carlos was faster than Charles.

You should rewatch 2021 races.

aroutis
18th January 2023, 07:03
A sponsor to control Ferrari no! Just even out the driver chances of who moves over and when. $$$ for sure counts. We Ferrari fans need Charles to beat Max not just Carlos ! Go Santander !!! Carlos needs all the help he can get !

It's Ferrari's business how they run their drivers. No sponsor should have control over ANYTHING Ferrari.
Wake up

aroutis
18th January 2023, 07:04
[QUOTE=Brembo;1074366]

You should rewatch 2021 races.

It's ok, we like Brembo cause in his madness we 're entertained lol

Brembo
18th January 2023, 08:06
It's Ferrari's business how they run their drivers. No sponsor should have control over ANYTHING Ferrari.
Wake up

Very well said ! But that will never happen unfortunately. BTW Ferrari, R Bull, Mercedes are team sponsors that run the teams.

aroutis
18th January 2023, 10:47
Very well said ! But that will never happen unfortunately
Says you? I don't think so.

BTW Ferrari, R Bull, Mercedes are team sponsors that run the teams.
What you say here is stupid to no end. I won't even bother to answer. Stop drinking and answering posts.

Brembo
18th January 2023, 20:42
[QUOTE=aroutis;1074380]

From me to you:

What you say here is stupid to no end. I won't even bother to answer. Stop answering posts.

aroutis
20th January 2023, 13:58
[QUOTE=aroutis;1074380]

From me to you:

What you say here is stupid to no end. I won't even bother to answer. Stop answering posts.
Contrary to you, I am not the one answering posts intoxicated nor the one looking like a bafoon 99% of the times posting.
I am not the joke of the forum.

You have a choice. Keep acting like this and be a joke or get serious.

Gilles
21st January 2023, 12:03
Dear Brembo, your said loved team has a communication for you : Leclerc 36M$, Sainz 10M$, all is said here
Any new idea to troll this forum in 2023?

ntukza
21st January 2023, 12:23
I'm happy that Binotto is no longer TP. He was not good in that position. I think FV is a better TP. I would have much preferred Binotto to be demoted rather than fired altogether. He's a great talent in the lower ranks.

Gilles
21st January 2023, 15:50
I'm happy that Binotto is no longer TP. He was not good in that position. I think FV is a better TP. I would have much preferred Binotto to be demoted rather than fired altogether. He's a great talent in the lower ranks.

Ok, but he should have been demoted, what he didn't want Also, I think some people in and out of the team were tired of him (like Resta)
I think he had lost the trust of many people, too many lies, inconsistencies and pathetic authoritarian movements
The real problem is that he kept this task after Sergio’s death, it wasn’t the initial scenario I think
Vasseur was Sergio's target

Brembo
4th February 2023, 18:27
Dear Brembo, your said loved team has a communication for you : Leclerc 36M$, Sainz 10M$, all is said here
Any new idea to troll this forum in 2023?

You seem to troll well without any ideas from me. Borderline poverty $10 million!! :rotfl The races can't start soooon enough ! It's good to see you follow my posts so well.

Tony
4th February 2023, 18:52
Guys, MS/RB is not the topic of this thread, let's not go back into this topic or posts will be deleted.