Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2010

Gee, where in motorsports have I heard this before?

JERRY BURGESS and the rest of the Valentino Rossi's pit crew WILL leave Fiat Yamaha at the end of 2010 to join the Italian at Ducati from next year, amid souring relations at the factory team - that's the latest from within the premier racing paddock, says Visordown's MotoGP man.

It now seems certain that Rossi’s pit crew will move with the rider to Ducati, despite the “we haven’t signed anything yet” comments emanating from Burgess.

Our man says the atmosphere at Yamaha continues to deteriorate between Rossi and the management, as the end of their mutually fruitful relationship nears.

Latest news also suggests Rossi may elect to leave Yamaha early to undego an operation on his injured shoulder; the move would be an almost dead-cert if Yamaha refuse to allow Rossi to ride for Ducati at the post-season test at Valencia.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...#ixzz106kEBMLR
    visordown.com

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Rossi to run a Moto2 team.

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Rossi set to run Iannone in 2011 Moto2 team

It is being reported that reigning MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi has launched a bid to help fund a Moto2 project from next season. The squad, as revealed by Motorcycle News (MCN), would be run alongside lifelong friend Uccio Salucci.

With the latest race having been staged at the Motorland Aragón circuit in Spain, it was then reported that the Yamaha rider - bound for Ducati in 2011 - was in negotiations with Eskil Suter with regards to a chassis deal.

One of the new outfit’s riders is set to be Italian compatriot Andrea Iannone, who clinched his third victory of the season by crossing the Moto2 finish line first on Sunday.

“It looks like one very high-profile MotoGP rider will have his own Moto2 team next season,” a ‘prominent source’ explained to MCN. "Iannone will be one rider. He has interest from just about every team but it looks like he will end up with Valentino.”

New 2011 Moto2 entries will be announced by MotoGP governing body the FIM on 8 October, the Friday of the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend, with those teams granted acceptance then being required to submit a security deposit of 20,000 euros (17,100 pounds) per rider within the space of the following three weeks.
    gpupdate.net

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Rossi's Ducati debut date set

Valentino Rossi will make his Ducati race debut in Qatar on March 20, 2011.

The first chance for European fans to see the Italian in race action for Ducati will be on April 3 at the Spanish Grand Prix in Jerez.

The final 2011 calendar will be published this week after late changes were made to the Formula One schedule.

The F1 changes have impacted on three dates in MotoGP, with Le Mans one of the races that has had to be moved.

Next year’s MotoGP championship will again be run over 18 races but India and Abu Dhabi are expected to join the schedule in 2012.
    motorcyclenews.com

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

You've really got into this MotoGP lark haven't you Lou!

I think it's pretty poor form of Yamaha not to release Vale to test for Ducati before March. I understand the problems involved in getting sponsors to release their contracts with him, but after so many years of dominance and good relationships it seems as though they couldn't care less.

It's probably better for Vale if he misses the final races of the season to have the shoulder operation and then fully focus on 2011. He's not going to be challenging up-front for the remainder of the season and he therefore is of no use to Lorenzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    You've really got into this MotoGP lark haven't you Lou!

I think it's pretty poor form of Yamaha not to release Vale to test for Ducati before March. I understand the problems involved in getting sponsors to release their contracts with him, but after so many years of dominance and good relationships it seems as though they couldn't care less.

It's probably better for Vale if he misses the final races of the season to have the shoulder operation and then fully focus on 2011. He's not going to be challenging up-front for the remainder of the season and he therefore is of no use to Lorenzo.
    I am mate

Hayden's last lap pass was magic

They are taking a great deal of PR heat over this. My guess is that they eventually cave.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Rossi: better and not better

Rossi: Leg is healed, shoulder still trouble
    The Italian says his leg is now almost fully healed, but he is far from being in peak physical condition.
    Valentino Rossi says he has almost fully recovered from the broken leg that forced him on the MotoGP sidelines earlier this season, but concedes he is now more concerned about the condition of his shoulder.

The FIAT Yamaha rider finished sixth at Motorland Aragon, explaining after the race that he was suffering with problems from a persistent shoulder injury that has dogged him for much of the year.

Indeed, having already hinted at curtailing his season in order to get surgery on the injury, Rossi admits it will continue to hamper him at this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix at Motegi.

"Aragon was a hard weekend, both because we couldn't find the right setting for our M1 and because I had a lot of trouble with my shoulder. The leg is now almost back to normal again - I have even started running - but the shoulder is a problem and we know now that this is not going to change until we have time to treat it properly.

“I have some great memories from Motegi, especially winning the championship in 2008, but I am expecting this weekend to be quite difficult on my body. We have a hard three weeks ahead but after this race two of my best tracks are coming up, and I am hoping for some good results. We will do our best and see what happens!"

Rossi is currently fourth in the standings, one point ahead of Repsol Honda's Andrea Dovizioso, while Ben Spies and Nicky Hayden are also just nine and 15 points adrift respectively.

crash.net
    Anyone know if Crash.net still does the live radio+racing updates?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Very sad news

Dani Pedrosa's Motegi crash
    Dani Pedrosa's Motegi crash caught on camera
    This looks to be the moment that Dani Pedrosa and Honda lost the 2010 MotoGP World Championship.

Pedrosa, already 56 points behind Jorge Lorenzo heading into this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix, crashed on his third lap of Friday practice at Motegi, breaking his left collarbone in three places.

Circuit cameras only provided on-board footage of the incident, but this picture shows the full ferocity of the crash.

The Repsol Honda rider will now return to Spain for surgery and, with three races in three weeks and only five remaining before the end of the season, his slim title hopes have all but evaporated. crash.net
    Also, please see my question in post #96

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Rossi: better and not better

Anyone know if Crash.net still does the live radio+racing updates?
    not sure myself, will chase that up for you and let you know
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    not sure myself, will chase that up for you and let you know
    Thanks mate (again)

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Gutted about Pedrosa, he's my fave. Jorge was always going to get the championship but Dani's been putting in some great performances recently and it sucks that he's injured AGAIN.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Gutted about Pedrosa, he's my fave. Jorge was always going to get the championship but Dani's been putting in some great performances recently and it sucks that he's injured AGAIN.
    You have to admire him for obviously being on the limit.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Nice job, Andrea

Dovizioso takes pole for Japan MotoGP

By REUTERS

Published: Oct 2, 2010 18:20 Updated: Oct 2, 2010 18:20

TOKYO: Honda's Andrea Dovizioso claimed pole for the first time on Saturday ahead of the Japanese MotoGP Grand Prix with champion-elect Jorge Lorenzo fourth for Yamaha.

The Italian set a quickest lap of one minute 47.001sec in front of defending world champion Valentino Rossi's Yamaha and Ducati's Casey Stoner at Motegi.

"I'm so happy and surprised," Dovizioso told reporters. "We've improved a lot. Normally my style is not to go too fast in practice. I'm sure we can have a strong race." Lorenzo, virtually assured the title after fellow Spaniard Dani Pedrosa fractured his collarbone in Friday's practice, was upset at missing the front row for the first time this year.

"I would have liked to have been on the front row in Japan — Yamaha's home," said Lorenzo after signing a new two-year deal for the team earlier in the day.

"But it's only qualifying and the most important thing is that we're ready for the race. We have a good pace and we only have one or two more small things still to work on.

"This afternoon I tried the new engine for the first time and it felt good in the high gears." Pedrosa, who trails Lorenzo by 56 points with five races remaining, suffered a multiple fracture of his left collarbone on Friday and is likely to miss the next three races.

The Honda rider was the only man in a position to overtake Lorenzo in the world championship.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Sore shoulder and all

Valentino Rossi back on the front row of the MotoGP grid
    After leading his first MotoGP track session since June on Friday, Valentino Rossi qualified on the front row of the grid for the first time since May on Saturday at Motegi in Japan.

The last time the outgoing seven time MotoGP champion started a race from the front row was when he took pole for round three at Le Mans, on May 22, which was the event before his leg-breaking fall at Mugello.

Although doubtful of a strong weekend in Japan due to his lingering shoulder injury, Rossi attributed his strong Motegi form to all-round improvements with his Fiat Yamaha.

"It is a good feeling to be back on the front row after so long, the last time was at Le Mans, before the Mugello crash!" confirmed Rossi, who finished the session just 0.054 seconds behind debut pole-sitter Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda).

"We have improved in every area here, firstly we have made a big step with our setting, then we have the new engine from Yamaha which is enabling us to push more and be faster on the straights, plus we also have slightly harder Bridgestone tyres here than in Aragon and they are working better for me.

"As I said yesterday I expected to suffer more with the shoulder but I am feeling quite good and when I brake in a straight line here I don't have too much pain. I am so happy about all of this. This front row is going to be very important for tomorrow, we really hope for good weather and let's see what we can do," he added.

Rossi hasn't won a race since round one of the season in Qatar, but the possibility of race day rain means Sunday's contest is hard to predict.

"Valentino was very close to pole position and things are looking good for us to be in with a chance tomorrow," said team manger Davide Brivio. "The weather is a question mark, some rain is expected and we will have to wait and see what the temperature is like before making a final tyre decision, but we're excited about the race."

Rossi and Dovizisoo will be joined on the front row by Ducati's Casey Stoner. Rossi's team-mate and world championship leader Jorge Lorenzo will start fourth.

crash.net
    1. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 47.001s
    2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 1m 47.055s
    3. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 47.105s
    4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Fiat Yamaha Team 1m 47.206s
    5. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 47.464s
    6. Ben Spies USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 47.648s
    7. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 47.752s
    8. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 47.914s
    9. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 48.002s
    10. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 48.068s
    11. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 48.182s
    12. Marco Melandri ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 48.238s
    13. Aleix Espargaro ESP Pramac Racing 1m 48.371s
    14. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Interwetten Honda MotoGP 1m 48.396s
    15. Hector Barbera ESP Paginas Amarillas Aspar 1m 48.535s
    16. Mika Kallio FIN Pramac Racing 1m 49.480s

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

WOW oh WOW...brilliant ride by Stoner

BUT

possibly the ride of the season by Rossi. Holding off Lorenzo 50 times (or thereabouts ). Just fantastic racing (still happier about Stoner, though )

Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time/Gap
    1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Team Ducati 160.0 43'12.266
    2 20 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 159.8 +3.868
    3 16 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 159.7 +5.707
    4 13 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 159.6 +6.221
    5 11 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 158.4 +27.092
    6 10 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 158.2 +30.021
    7 9 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 158.1 +31.826
    8 8 11 Ben SPIES USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 157.9 +35.572
    9 7 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 157.1 +47.564
    10 6 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Interwetten Honda MotoGP Honda 157.0 +49.598
    11 5 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 157.0 +49.999
    12 4 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 156.9 +50.703
    13 3 40 Hector BARBERA SPA Paginas Amarillas Aspar Ducati 156.9 +51.422
    14 2 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 156.8 +52.843
    15 1 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Team Ducati 155.5 +1'14.668
    Not Classified
    65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 158.0 3 Laps
    Forza Ducati!
    Last edited by Tifoso; 3rd October 2010 at 23:40.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

MOTOGP »

Fired up Rossi hoping to build on Motegi form
    Valentino Rossi eyes another podium finish at Sepang on the weekend he could lose his MotoGP crown to team-mate and rival Jorge Lorenzo.
    Having proven that team orders are not in effect at FIAT Yamaha between himself and MotoGP title-elect team-mate Jorge Lorenzo, Valentino Rossi is plotting a similarly feisty performance in the Malaysian Grand Prix.

The Italian scored his sixth podium of the season after coming out on top of an exciting duel with Lorenzo during the latter stages of the race, Rossi overcoming pain from his shoulder to get the edge on the Spaniard.

One of his most convincing performances since returning from injury in July, Rossi was pleased to be fighting back at the front in Japan, though he is reserving judgement on how his shoulder will contend with the Sepang circuit until action gets underway.

"Japan was very exciting for us and it felt good to be fighting at the front through all the sessions and the race; it's been a long time since we were that strong. I don't know until I start riding how Sepang will feel on my shoulder but it is one of my two or three favourite tracks in the world and I am always excited to go there.

“We were strong there in winter testing, obviously a lot has changed since then but we made some good improvements to our bike in Japan so I hope we can be in the same kind of form this weekend."

Despite his podium, Rossi dropped behind Andrea Dovizioso in the fight for fourth in the standings at Motegi.
    crash.net

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Too bad

Pedrosa admits defeat, won't race in Malaysia
    A disappointed Dani Pedrosa has conceded that he will not race in the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang this weekend - but the Repsol Honda star is fully-focussed on a return to fitness for Phillip Island a week later
    Repsol Honda star Dani Pedrosa has reluctantly been forced to concede defeat in his bid to rejoin the MotoGP grid for this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix, and has instead turned his efforts towards a return to full fitness in the Australian Grand Prix a week later.

Pedrosa suffered a multiple fracture to his left collarbone last Friday on the third lap of the first free practice session ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix at Motegi, and the following day underwent successful surgery to have a titanium plate fitted at the USP Dexeus clinic in Barcelona.

Whilst the Spaniard has endeavoured to recover in time for Sepang, the condition of his collarbone, the bruises he received in the fall and the lack of strength in his left arm and shoulder have forced him to take the difficult decision of postponing his comeback.

Only yesterday, the 25-year-old – whose current second position in the riders' standings is beginning to come under threat from in-form Ducati rival and 2011 team-mate Casey Stoner due to his absence – maintained that there remained a slim chance that he might yet be able to make the journey from Spain to Malaysia to get back on his Honda RC212V [see separate story – click here], but after careful consideration, he has now elected to continue his rehabilitation at home in preparation for an anticipated return at Phillip Island.

Repsol Honda has confirmed that Pedrosa will not be replaced for Sepang, leaving Andrea Dovizioso to fly the factory Honda outfit's colours on his own.

crash.net

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

He's right, IMO

Rossi lashes out at F1

MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi has lashed out at Formula One, Dorna (head of MotoGP) and Bernie Ecclestone, FOM chief, because this weekend’s MotoGP round in Malaysia, being held in the same time zone as the Formula One Japanese Grand Prix, will be raced at a time when the monsoonal weather is likely to hit.

Formula One experienced for themselves that running the event too late in the afternoon saw drivers forced to cope with Monsoonal weather conditions and the event was actually stopped just over half way. This year it was put back an hour so that they would miss the heavy rain and see the race through to the end.

However, due to the fact that Formula One is racing in Japan on the same weekend that Moto is being run in Malaysia, means that the two are clashing, television audience wise and Moto is being left out in the cold as a result, something Rossi is far from happy about...

"Racing at four in the afternoon in Malaysia instead of 2 o'clock is crazy," Rossi is quoted as saying in the Gazetta dello sport. "Everyone knows by now that around the same time here, usually about 15.30, it always rains. It's almost like we're just there hanging about waiting for it to start. We always end up kowtowing the all-powerful Formula 1 that couldn't care less about us at the MotoGP and that's not scared of anything. We're the ones that are scared! At 2pm, there's a 90% chance that it won't rain whereas at 4pm there's a 90% chance it will. It really is pathetic."

"Last year I was gunning for the World Championship and I was really afraid. The race started at 4pm, I started in pole and was out in the lead. Then a few laps later we had to stop the race and start over with the rain setup. The organizers should have taken this into consideration and think a bit less about the TV."

Rossi has tried discussing the situation with Dorna president Carmelo Ezpeleta and offered to speak with Bernie Ecclestone about it, but has not received any positive feedback, either way....

"I've pointed it out loads of times. I also told him that I'll talk to Bernie if he wants, but he made a face as if to say that Bernie couldn't care less, he's not bothered about what goes on here at the MotoGP because F1 dominates the Italian TV ratings."

f1.automoto.com

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Rossi sends out warning to rivals by topping practice session
    By SHAMSHUL FITRI
    SEPANG: Valentino Rossi sent out an early warning of his intention in the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix by topping the timesheets in yesterday’s MotoGP practice session at the Sepang International Circuit (SIC).

Championship leader and team-mate Jorge Lorenzo was third fastest.

Seven-time world champion Rossi’s favourite track is Sepang, and having won five times between 2001 and 2008, he clocked 2:02.724 yesterday.

The Fiat Yamaha rider was just 0.109 seconds quicker than second place Andrea Dovizioso, who returned the fastest time of 2:02.833, until Rossi - nicknamed ‘The Doctor’ took over with just 10 minutes to go in the session.

“It’s another good start for us and we found the right settings right away,” said Rossi, who sits fifth in the MotoGP standings on 156 points. Lorenzo leads the title race on 297 points.

“My shoulder is OK so far and we’re confident that we will be able to make some improvements tomorrow to try for the front row.”

Dovizioso, the sole rider for this week’s race for team Repsol Honda after Dani Pedrosa pulled out to recover from a broken collarbone suffered in Japan last week, was happy with yesterday’s practice although he had to cope with the extreme heat.

“It is even more than we’re used to here, so physically it was very hard,” reflected Dovizioso after the session. “I think we have found the limit of the tyres in these conditions, so I will try to change my riding style tomorrow to improve my lap times.”

Lorenzo, who could well clinch the world title this weekend with the absence of Pedrosa, meanwhile, found it difficult to find grip on the track.

“The conditions were quite difficult today, with the high temperature and the dirty track. But I’m happy though because I rode fast and was close to the first position,” he said.

Last year’s winner in Sepang Casey Stoner, suffered a crash 10 minutes into the session. But the Ducati Marlboro rider soon got back onto his bike and managed to clock 2:03.160 for the fourth fastest time.

In the Moto2 class, Alex De Angelis of JIR Moto2 emerged fastest with a best lap of 2:09.586 ahead of Scott Redding (Marc VDS Racing) on 2:09.774 and championship leader Toni Elias (Gresini Racing) on 2:09.835.

In the earlier 125cc session, three riders in the fight for the world title this season, Marc Marquez, Pol Espargaro and Nicolas Terol, gave a glimpse what to expect in tomorrow’s race proper by topping the timesheets.

Marquez was quickest on 2:14.274, followed by Espargaro (2:14.650) and Terol (2:14.784). Terol currently leads the standings on 228 points, followed by Marquez (222) and Espargaro (215).

Meanwhile, SIC will continue to host the MotoGP event for another three years after Dorna, the worldwide rights holders of MotoGP races, agreed to extend their contract yesterday.

Dorna chief excutive officer Carmelo Ezpeleta said the circuit has seen many improvements along the years and it has become one of the favourites among riders in the championships.

Pracice times

MotoGP: 1. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 2:02.724,2. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Honda 0.109s behind, 3. Jorge Lorenzo (Spa) Yamaha 0.174, 4. Casey Stoner (Aus) Ducati 0.436, 5. Alvaro Bautista (Spa) Suzuki 0.614, 6. Colin Edwards (US) Yamaha 0.669, 7. Marco Melandri (Ita) Honda 0.714, 8. Alex Espargaro (Spa) Ducati 0.747, 9. Ben Spies (US) Yamaha 0.753, 10. Randy de Puniet (Fra) Honda 0.815.

Moto2: 1. Alex de Angelis (Rsm) Motobi 2:09.586, 2. Scott Redding (Ger) Suter 0.188s behind, 3. Toni Elias (Spa) Moriwaki 0.249, 4. Julian Simon (Spa) Suter 0.390, 5. Andrea Iannone (Ita) Speed Up 0.397.

125cc: 1. Marc Marquez (Spa) Derbi 2:14.274, 2. Pol Espargaro (Spa) Derbi 0.376s behind, 3. Nicolas Terol (Spa) Aprilia 0.510, 4. Esteve Rabat (Spa) Aprilia 1.043, 5. Bradley Smith (Bri) Aprilia 1.205.

thestar.com.my
    Who cares about FP2? Wait: Alex Espargaro? Huh? Hayden??? What am I missing?
    Last edited by Tifoso; 9th October 2010 at 04:06.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Nice ride, Hayden

MOTOGP »

Hayden 0.1sec from first Ducati pole
    Nicky Hayden was denied his first MotoGP pole position as a Ducati rider by just 0.1sec in the final minute of qualifying at Sepang on Saturday.

The 2006 world champion, on pole five times with Honda between 2003 and 2007, had been only 15th and 11th in the two free practice sessions in Malaysia.

Hayden, who lost out to world championship leader Jorge Lorenzo, admitted he had surprised himself.

“This is a bit of a surprise, I didn't expect to be on the front row today," said the American, after taking only his second front row start on a Desmosedici. "We only missed pole by one tenth but don't anybody feel sorry for us, we're pretty happy!

"The lap itself was obviously a good one, I don't think I could have got any more out of myself or the bike, but overall we've done a good job today.

"We were struggling yesterday but we went back to a setting that worked for us in the test and even though I didn't get the lap time this morning I told the guys not to make too many changes to the bike because I felt comfortable and knew I could improve purely through riding."

If Hayden was pleasantly surprised, team-mate Casey Stoner - winner of the last two races - expected better than fifth.

“I'm a little disappointed with the way qualifying went today," said the Australian. "We made a little progress with the race setting on the harder tyre. We didn't get a lot of laps in but we are happy with the work we did on the bike and feel reasonably confident.

"When I went to use the softer compound to set a qualifying lap on we lost feeling completely. There was no traction on the rear yet it was still pushing the front at the same time.

"We couldn't do the lap time we wanted or even deserved but we know our pace is faster than a couple of the guys in front of us on the grid so we'll see if we can get past them in the race.

Qualifying:

1. Lorenzo
    2. Hayden
    3. Dovizioso
    4. Spies
    5. Stoner
    6. Rossi
    7. Edwards
    8. Bautista
    9. Capirossi
    10. Melandri
    11. Simoncelli
    12. Espargaro
    13. de Puniet
    14. Aoyama
    15. Barbera
    16. Kallio

crash.net

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Lorenzo is champion! Excellent season for him, even though Rossi was out injured for a while!

Great race from Rossi today, dropping back from 6th to 11th and back to 3rd within 5 laps. Then going on to pass Lorenzo and Dovizioso. Excellent!

Heeeeeeeeeeelp. I recorded Moto2 instead of MotoGP. The rebroadcast is not until Tuesday

Does someone have a legal, non download anything, non p2p place where I can watch the race before then?

If Rossi hadn't been hurt.........

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Anybody?

Oh well, I guess I wait until Tuesday

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Anybody?

Oh well, I guess I wait until Tuesday
    Well worth the wait Lou, Rossi coming through from 11th after turn 1 is brilliant...

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Well worth the wait Lou, Rossi coming through from 11th after turn 1 is brilliant...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I will put up results after I've watched the race, BTW. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Watching tonight. No spoilers, please

Rate the race 1-10; 1 awful 10 best MotoGP race you've ever seen....which gives me an idea...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Holy cow, what a ride by Rossi! Q6 to 11th to 3rd in what seemed like a heartbeat to 1st to the win. Wow.

Stoner

Hayden uninspired,, as well. Horrible ride.

Rossi ends losing streak at Sepang, Lorenzo champion
    Valentino Rossi wins the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang, Jorge Lorenzo is 2010 MotoGP world champion.
    Valentino Rossi ended his longest losing streak in the premier-class in style with an 11th-to-1st charge in Sunday's Malaysian MotoGP, handing him his 46th victory for Yamaha.

Meanwhile, a safe third place for Rossi's Fiat Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo was more than enough to win the world championship (see separate story).

Lorenzo led from pole at Sepang until being passed by Repsol Honda's Andrea Dovizioso on lap 9 of 20.

Rossi, who had qualified sixth, got a nightmare start and was only eleventh after the first few turns - but had sliced through the field to third, less than one second from Lorenzo, by the time Dovi took the lead.

The Italian superstar then took second place from Lorenzo on the brakes into turn nine, a move he repeated on Dovizioso on the following lap.

Dovizioso stuck with Rossi, and briefly retook the lead on lap 16. But Rossi - who broke his leg at round four and has been without a win since round one - wasn't to be denied and held on for victory in round 15 by just 0.224sec from the RCV rider.

Lorenzo - who only needed ninth place - maintained a healthy pace, before backing off in the closing stages to ensure his first premier-class title.

Dani Pedrosa, the only rider that could still beat Lorenzo to the championship, was not present this weekend after fracturing his collarbone at Motegi.

Another 2010 race winner failing to score points on Sunday was Casey Stoner. The Ducati rider, winner of the last two races, fell from third place at the hairpin at the end of the first lap.

Ben Spies took fourth place for Monster Yamaha Tech 3, while fellow rookie Alvaro Bautista (Suzuki) won a thrilling four-way fight for fifth against Nicky Hayden (Ducati), Hiroshi Aoyama (Interwetten Honda) and Marco Simoncelli (Gresini Honda).

Bautista was the only GSV-R rider to finish with inured team-mate Loris Capirossi stopping out on track with technical problems. Colin Edwards and Aleix Espargaro joined Capirossi and Stoner in failing to reach the flag.

Pedrosa hopes to return to action next weekend in Australia.

Malaysian Grand Prix:

1. Rossi
    2. Dovizioso
    3. Lorenzo
    4. Spies
    5. Bautista
    6. Hayden
    7. Aoyama
    8. Simoncelli
    9. Melandri
    10. de Puniet
    11. Barbera
    12. Kallio
    Stoner-DNF
    Congratulations to Lorenzo.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Ryo goes wide...what the heck was he thinking? Rossi through!

I suppose it was inevitable

Now returning you to the 2010 MotoGP Thread....and...err....to 2010

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Passing the backmarkers: Ryo almost got him. I nearly had a heart attack in 2002...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSIIIIIIIIII

Fitting that he wins the 1st MotoGP race ever.

Thanks mate!! (you know who you are )

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus