Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: European GP Friday and Saturday Practice Sessions Thread

Debris on track, mirror from a HRT
    Forza Ferrari

Stewards are sweeping the track, aparently there was a stone or debries on it...

massa out

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Debris on track, mirror from a HRT
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Stewards are sweeping the track, aparently there was a stone or debries on it...
    thanks
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

alonso out as well

nando goes purple S1

47 min: Alonso is the next Ferrari across the line and beats his team-mate to second quickest with a 1m42.744s.

47 min: Nico Hulkenberg improves from 15th to fifth place with a time of 1m43.686s.

46 min: Schumacher completes a second timed lap on this run but fails to improve on his current benchmark.

46 min: Massa improves to second quickest with an early effort of 1m43.218s.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

55 min: Hamilton is the next man to hold the leading time as he pips Button with a 1m41.339s while grip levels slowly begin to improve.

53 min: Meanwhile, the McLaren challenge begins to show as Button takes over the benchmark time in 1m41.383s.

52 min: Kubica springs up to second quickest in the revised Renault with a 1m41.883s lap.

Ted says Ferrari seem to be getting good results out of the upgrades.

Ehm.... why is there a Ferrari on the pit lane not moving?

Karvitz is a *cencored* , and so far i don't see anything revolutionary. Though of course its too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Ehm.... why is there a Ferrari on the pit lane not moving?
    He was doing a heatsoak test. Basically simulating the run to the grid and start of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Karvitz is a *cencored* , and so far i don't see anything revolutionary. Though of course its too early to tell.
    Don't think he ever said anything revolutionary, Alonso denied it was the major upgrade everyone is expecting, although he still expects a big gain.

He said Renault's new exhaust system is far more advanced, almost as though it's been there since the release of their car.

I'd say we've done pretty well to get this new system in place, as well as other upgrades.

We are not very fast as yet

Quote Originally Posted by brava View Post
    InsideFerrari
    The main aim of this session is to evaluate the behaviour of the new components fitted on the two cars

Forza Ferrari! ~ Sempre Ferrari!

We never go out in FP1 and FP2 to be in P1. We aren't McLaren, we're sensible. Better to practice race stints and test out new parts properly than to please the Media and be P1.

We use FP3 to practice our qualifying pace, once the car has a good balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    We never go out in FP1 and FP2 to be in P1. We aren't McLaren, we're sensible. Better to practice race stints and test out new parts properly than to please the Media and be P1.

Quote of the day, Ste!

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post

Fingers crossed you are right!

Free Practice 1 Results

Forza Ferrari!
    CHELSEA FC 2009-2010 & 2014-2015 CHAMPIONS !
    "I am so proud about the people around who support me more than ever, more than 100 percent, much more than I expected" Go Felipe !

InsideFerrari EUR - Objectives achieved

InsideFerrari Job completed for both drivers. lap time did not change compared to the 1st run. Rosberg is quickest in 1.41.175, Felipe 5th, Fernando 9th

Did you see the state of the track no one is stupid enough to go flat. (Maybe the McLaren's :D) Not worth a spin and a new front end. But she looks good !

I saw the last 23 minutes... and didnt see Nando out in that time at all. Is all ok with the car?
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I saw the last 23 minutes... and didnt see Nando out in that time at all. Is all ok with the car?
    Everythings all good just prob going over the data

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Probably looking at the data to find out where he lost the 0,200 to Massa in S3.

European GP - Objectives achieved

Valencia, 25 June – The European Grand Prix is the ninth round of the Formula 1 World Championship, the race taking place this Sunday on the Valencia street circuit based on roads around the city’s port. The event got underway this morning with the first free practice session, on a track that is still very dirty. Nico Rosberg in the Mercedes was fastest in 1.41.175, followed by the McLarens of Lewis Hamilton (1.41.339) and Jenson Button (1.41.383.)

Best placed of the two Ferrari drivers was Felipe Massa, fifth in 1.42.182, having completed 21 laps, while team-mate Fernando Alonso finished ninth, running 22 laps, the best in a time of 1.42.421. The team achieved its objectives, with its main priority this morning being an evaluation of the new parts fitted to both cars, including low level exhaust systems and aero updates.

The second free practice session gets underway at 14.00.

@ Ste "We aren't Mclaren, we're sensible"

Could i get that translated into latin, then used as part of a nice Ferrari signature?

Power, Passion, Heritage, Beauty, Success = Scuderia Ferrari
    Magnum, Coke, Vodka = Kimi Raikkonen

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Raikkonen View Post
    @ Ste "We aren't Mclaren, we're sensible"

Could i get that translated into latin, then used as part of a nice Ferrari signature?
    " nos pulvis Mclaren we're prudens "

I like this approach. In FP1 we do a little testing of the new parts and evaluate their effects. Then finetuning the car a little between FP1 and 2 and try again in FP2.
    Then finetune a little more between FP2 and 3 and finally use P3 to see the endresult - without giving away too much info about the real potential of the car to the other teams.
    By then Ferrari will know exactly how to approach qualifying and already can start to think about a few different tactics and scenarios for the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    I like this approach. In FP1 we do a little testing of the new parts and evaluate their effects. Then finetuning the car a little between FP1 and 2 and try again in FP2.
    Then finetune a little more between FP2 and 3 and finally use P3 to see the endresult - without giving away too much info about the real potential of the car to the other teams.
    By then Ferrari will know exactly how to approach qualifying and already can start to think about a few different tactics and scenarios for the race.
    i don't ive been wating all week to see our boys kick a*s!! loll would be good to see them blow them all away!