Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the BBC gonna dump Jonathan Legard?

Is the BBC gonna dump Jonathan Legard?

Just saw this article on spit puss.com.

I hope. I can't stand the bbc coverage because of him. In fact I stopped watching the BBC coverage, Speed only for m now.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

I said the same about Heiko Wasser on RTL for years but he is still there. And i want to strangle him everytime i turn on the TV on race sundays.

Maybe BBC is going to listen to their spectators, RTL certainly don't.

Finally ill be able to take my tv off mute! lol

Quote Originally Posted by durden View Post
    I hope. I can't stand the bbc coverage because of him. In fact I stopped watching the BBC coverage, Speed only for m now.
    I wish I could get Speed. I'm a poor college student and don't get cable. I set up a proxy in Firefox and watch races on the BBC iPlayer instead.

Planet-f1.com also reporting the same!!!
    http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/63...-Axing-Legard-

JAMES ALLEN - ALL IS FORGIVEN!!!
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

Ye the sooner he goes the better.. Brundle is an excellant commentator.. He has all the knowledge of F1 and knows exactly what he s talking about.. The commentator that the BBC have on the red button for the Practice sessions is very good.. Not sure of his name but he d be worth a shot at replacing Legard..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    Ye the sooner he goes the better.. Brundle is an excellant commentator.. He has all the knowledge of F1 and knows exactly what he s talking about.. The commentator that the BBC have on the red button for the Practice sessions is very good.. Not sure of his name but he d be worth a shot at replacing Legard..
    David Croft? he's Five Live radio commentator.. or Ant Davison?
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

Ye dats the man David Croft.. Davidson was an F1 driver a few years back.. There s more excitment in his commentary..

The thing people have gotta remember is, Legard is there for people that arent hardcore F1 watchers and who like the no frills Britannia rules commentary. Otherwise you'd be looking a commentary team like Karun Chandook and Martin Brundle which I suspect the full time f1 watchers would love, but the casual watchers might not and they would struggle to understand what is going on.

I'm completely in favour of this. He is truly awful and actually spoils the coverage for me.

Last weekend was the final straw, what with him constantly saying "Tifozi", "Alonzo" and "Fort-sa". So frustrating.

I complained about James Allen before. He was a decent commentator - his only downside was his clear Hamilton bias.

Replacing Legard with Charlie Cox doesn't really fix the issue in my opinion. He's a 'nightmare in a bubble car' as he would say. I very much doubt he knows a lot about F1, having spent his entire commentary career covering BTCC and MotoGP. It would be like putting Jennie Gow on the MotoGP grid. Oh...wait.

I think they should probably promote David Croft from Five Live. His commentary is usually pretty good and I've not found him to be annoying in the slightest. The comparison video between his commentary and Legard's during Turkey Qualifying was a World apart.

Fingers crossed Legard goes.

Fortsa is pretty much right
    Forza Ferrari

I completely tune out Legard's voice now when I'm watching F1, he gets on my nerves with his shouting and constant mentions of Webber. He has to go. Just as long as he isn't replaced by James Allen! I would be happy to have Crofty take the job. Mind you, I don't like Brundle either... can't they get rid of both?
    Forza Jules

I thought Ant was very good but maybe too technical for the casual viewer also Karun Chandook but I hope he has a full time drive next year.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I thought Ant was very good but maybe too technical for the casual viewer also Karun Chandook but I hope he has a full time drive next year.
    yeah they both very very good, have always said that about them, love the commentry on 5live. Charlie Cox is even worse, no way could he be any bit of an improvement. Im all for Crofty getting promoted 100%, i never ever listen to the BBC commentry, always hit red button and have Crofty and Ant. And recently Karun.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

My initial thoughts were it would be awesome if Crofty got the gig, but his matey banter may not gel well with Brundle's authoratative tones. James Allen would be a step back, but still an improvement on "battle-joined" Legard!

I think that Crofty should be the way to go. But it is how Brundle would gel with him. James Allen would be ok if it wasn't for his Hamilton bias, however I think that it was ITV that caused that issue. If you read his blogs, there is certainly no bias towards Hamilton.

Lets hope that Martin putting his foot down works.
    Forever Ferrari

I certainly hope this is true! Would love to see Crofty get promoted from 5live to BBC TV. While occasionally he might display a little bit of Macca bias, but overall, he's a hundred times better than Legard. And he is a genuine F1 fan, who has genuine excitement and passion in his voice when commentating, and doesn't use the same tired old phrases over and over again.

The future is RED

Hmm Crofty would be good.. We complained about James Allen but he is actually a Ferrari Fan that also liked Hamilton a lot because his British.

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    I certainly hope this is true! Would love to see Crofty get promoted from 5live to BBC TV. While occasionally he might display a little bit of Macca bias, but overall, he's a hundred times better than Legard. And he is a genuine F1 fan, who has genuine excitement and passion in his voice when commentating, and doesn't use the same tired old phrases over and over again.
    Apparently Crofty and Martin dont get on, so that could be a sticking point.
    Forever Ferrari

Sack Legard and bring back Murray Walker..

At least when Walker stuffs up, we can get a laugh out of it, instead of just being annoyed by Legard.
    "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity".

I agree on Karun Chandook, he is an excellent commentator, in my opinion by far the best. As you say though - hope he gets a descent drive as he seems a very competent driver, and a likeable fellow.

I think Martin Brundle and David 7 Shades are worthy and head and shoulders above the rest
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by mandzipop View Post
    Apparently Crofty and Martin dont get on, so that could be a sticking point.
    Yeah, i heard that too when it was being debated about who was going to partner Brundle on BBC TV.
    I wouldn't say i particularly like Legard but i don't like Crofty's matey, cheezy style.

I put Ste's name forward as Legard's replacement.
    Last edited by Ant Raikkonen; 15th September 2010 at 09:41.

Power, Passion, Heritage, Beauty, Success = Scuderia Ferrari
    Magnum, Coke, Vodka = Kimi Raikkonen

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Raikkonen View Post
    Yeah, i heard that too when it was being debated about who was going to partner Brundle on BBC TV.

I put Ste's name forward as Legard's replacement.
    not old enough

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    not old enough
    Experienced enough?

Power, Passion, Heritage, Beauty, Success = Scuderia Ferrari
    Magnum, Coke, Vodka = Kimi Raikkonen

I think that also David Coulthard should go as he is so bitter when reporting on Ferrari he is old and useless nothing decent too report on at all!!!

Here in Spain we have Marc Gené, and earlier we had De la Rosa. Both them are very good as commentator.

Quote Originally Posted by shostak View Post
    Here in Spain we have Marc Gené, and earlier we had De la Rosa. Both them are very good as commentator.
    We've already got the pundit in Brundle. I'm ((jokingly) going to suggest Rowan Atkinson. He knows his stuff and he would be really funny. Blackadder 5, the commentator. Now that would be a cunning plan.
    Forever Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mandzipop View Post
    We've already got the pundit in Brundle. I'm ((jokingly) going to suggest Rowan Atkinson. He knows his stuff and he would be really funny. Blackadder 5, the commentator. Now that would be a cunning plan.
    Could bring back Mark Blundell as Baldrick

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"