Thread: Old Point System

Old Point System

It looks even close using the old point system

Webber: 80
    Alonso: 77
    Hamilton: 75
    Vettel: 74
    Button: 72

Im starting to think Alonso could pull it off if the car don't let him down but Ferrari say the engine's are still good!

If Alonso keeps up what he's doing he will have the championship lead i say by 2 races time.

We just need Massa now to take as many points from the others

Btw don't want to sound pessimistic or so but I really don't think we have any chance in winning the WCC...
    Die Perd se naam is pegasus abdel kader schrikt der woestijnen van bagdad tot dakar, seun van benedictus ernius quintus magnus van nassay en irma vor schimmelpernning von appeldoorn van tahiti in die heilige eg verbind kragtens die ewige edik uitgevaardig deur keiser tertius tillius theorodus en biskop merkenzein de mont saint allegonde van die vatikan.

Quote Originally Posted by zakfourie View Post
    Btw don't want to sound pessimistic or so but I really don't think we have any chance in winning the WCC...
    Who said anything about the WCC??

Id hate to admit it but Redfools do deserve the WCC and should have got it already. Id laugh my a** off it they lost it

No worries, I agree with you. It's a long way off, and although it isn't unreachable, it's not likely. McLaren and Red Bull would have to do poorly with us scoring 1-2's for the next two or three races.

On the face of it, it's probably a pretty reasonable conclusion. But weren't there a lot of people saying the same thing about our chances in the WDC not that many races ago?
    The pure numbers say we are 64 points adrift and there's a potential 172 points up for our grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post
    On the face of it, it's probably a pretty reasonable conclusion. But weren't there a lot of people saying the same thing about our chances in the WDC not that many races ago?
    The pure numbers say we are 64 points adrift and there's a potential 172 points up for our grabs.
    yeah that is true, we cannt right that off yet. Anything is still possible. With our run atmo, who knows. Be dream if we stole that from right under Mcscums and Redfools (Redfools, like it ferrari_fanatic) noses.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I don't think we'll catch the Bulls for the WCC this year but we should manage to overtake McLatas.........
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

Why people are always digging up old cows lol, this was the past, now this is the present and the rules have changed, live on with it
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

In terms of the WCC it's a long way off but stranger things have happened. We'd likely need a string of 1-2s. We have one driver who is capable of finishing first in all the remaining races, but is the other capable of finishing a place behind? I just thought i'd troll it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Naeem View Post
    In terms of the WCC it's a long way off but stranger things have happened. We'd likely need a string of 1-2s. We have one driver who is capable of finishing first in all the remaining races, but is the other capable of finishing a place behind? I just thought i'd troll it up a little.
    Careful

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Naeem View Post
    I think Alonso could beat Massa in Brazil fair and square, it would be great, but we might need Massa to let Alonso go again for the WDC. Or maybe Massa finishes 1st and Alonso 3rd so no swapping possible. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    I think Alonso could beat Massa in Brazil fair and square, it would be great, but we might need Massa to let Alonso go again for the WDC. Or maybe Massa finishes 1st and Alonso 3rd so no swapping possible. Who knows?
    Or maybe Alonso has the title sewn up before Brazil, and won't need to finish first

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Or maybe Alonso has the title sewn up before Brazil, and won't need to finish first
    I think it'll be really unlikely that a driver has won the title before Abu Dhabi. We don't even know whether Korea is gonna be cancelled or not.

I was being facetious

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

A Ferrari 1-2 at Brazil will decide the title, I am sure
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    A Ferrari 1-2 at Brazil will decide the title, I am sure
    i would welcome that outcome with open arms!
    here's to hoping you are right (and fernando takes the WDC)
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    It looks even close using the old point system

Webber: 80
    Alonso: 77
    Hamilton: 75
    Vettel: 74
    Button: 72

Im starting to think Alonso could pull it off if the car don't let him down but Ferrari say the engine's are still good!

If Alonso keeps up what he's doing he will have the championship lead i say by 2 races time.

We just need Massa now to take as many points from the others
    Thanks for posting that interesting comparison, Ferrari Fanatic

Power, Passion, Heritage, Beauty, Success = Scuderia Ferrari
    Magnum, Coke, Vodka = Kimi Raikkonen

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Raikkonen View Post
    Thanks for posting that interesting comparison, Ferrari Fanatic
    no prob

I like comparing now and again so you can see why Fernando never gave up people were laughing when he said after Silverstone that he'll win the championship. Who's laughing now?? lol

I have a friend that's a Mcmower fam and the look on his face when Ramilton went out said it all he knows Alonso is going to win!

Alonso will take the title hands down. Boy, i am sure no other driver has dealt with so much pressure this year. He truely deserves it.

I am convinced Fernando needs the pressure to actually win............I mean at the start of the season he was overdoing it (take Monaco- he could have had pole there i think but he binned it in practice and had to start from the back) but now- when you need nerves of steel he delivers.........odd.
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

The only worry i have is regarding the engines, cause we know alonso always performs at the right time, but if one engine goes at that point it could be the goodbye.

and god only knows i can't take a 2008 repeat, we can't lose a championship like that anymore.

Is anybody else wondering the same thing? i don't know why, or if it's really based on facts, but i get this sense that this particular area where it used to be our strengh is now the weak link? (i'm talking about our engines)

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

I am over this old point vs new on 2008 massa would of won with this system