Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2011: The Ducati/Dr Era Begins

What let me down about Rossi was simply the way he acted about yamaha, saying that they had to back him or he was going to get out, surely it was not like yamaha was pulling a mclaren on Rossi, he simply demands the team to only back him up, i just didn't expect a rider that good to be having to act all hamilton like and give the team an ultimatum.

Saying that the team could only back one rider, thats a load of crap to me, i think it says alot more about the rider when he wins a championship surpassing the guy who has the same equipment and personnel as he has.

To me for being a ducati fan i want the team to win the championship not just the rider.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeistes View Post

To me for being a ducati fan i want the team to win the championship not just the rider.
    Exactly!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Truthfully Stoner would have done better than Rossi on the Ducati this year but you just have to look at Hayden to see the bike is rubbish compared to the last few years. Fingers crossed for next year, seems I'm a curse...Ferrari, Ducati, Plato, Loeb!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
    Truthfully Stoner would have done better than Rossi on the Ducati this year but you just have to look at Hayden to see the bike is rubbish compared to the last few years. Fingers crossed for next year, seems I'm a curse...Ferrari, Ducati, Plato, Loeb!!
    *quickly blocks RockyRaccoon from being to able to add me to his friends list*

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Well in moto gp I follow the rider. But stoner is the best power slider in moto gp I love watching him drift around corners

Oh my God what a crash .

Thoughts are with Simoncelli, hope he's OK
    "I don't want to be treated as special because I'm not. I just drive a racing car round in circles a bit faster than everyone else." Michael Schumacher

Marco is critical .

From Autosport

The Malaysian Grand Prix has been cancelled after an accident involving Gresini Honda's Marco Simoncelli.

There has been no official news on Simoncelli's condition, but organisers took the decision to cancel the race following a crash on lap two.

A bulletin from the organisers said: "Race cancelled as the medical centre staff is focusing on treating Marco Simoncelli and track action cannot be resumed in the current circumstances."

The Italian had been fighting with Alvaro Bautista for fourth when he lost the front of his bike and slid across the track, into the path of Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi, both of whom appeared to hit the Honda.

Edwards was able to walk away from the crash but suffered a dislocated shoulder, while Rossi able to continue.

Concern centres on Simoncelli, who lay stricken on the track, his helmet having come off during the incident.

He was taken by ambulance to the circuit's medical centre.
    "I don't want to be treated as special because I'm not. I just drive a racing car round in circles a bit faster than everyone else." Michael Schumacher

Reports on Twitter are saying they've announced he's died

From Autosport...such sad news...

Marco Simoncelli has died from the injuries he sustained in a crash on the second lap of the Malaysian Grand Prix. He was 24.

Simoncelli was fighting for fourth with Alvaro Bautista when he lost the front of his bike and slid across the circuit, into the path of Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi, both of whom appeared to hit the Honda.

Simoncelli lay stricken on the track after the crash, his helmet having come off during the incident.

He was taken by ambulance to the circuit's medical centre, but at 4.56 it was announced he had succumbed to his injuries.

Oh no ...What a sad news . I m complitely lost . I know how I felt when Kato died but this time ...oh my God .
    RIP Marco

RIP Marco Simoncelli, terrible loss and shocking as well
    Forza Ferrari!
    CHELSEA FC 2009-2010 & 2014-2015 CHAMPIONS !
    "I am so proud about the people around who support me more than ever, more than 100 percent, much more than I expected" Go Felipe !

Poor Gressini this his second rider who dies . He must be emotionaly destroyed .

RIP Marco Simoncelli :'-( Such horrible news.
    Last edited by Sianellen; 23rd October 2011 at 09:35.

I didn't get up to watch the race this morning and I'm glad. I feel completely devastated.
    Forza Jules

Gutted so up set I saw it live and I feel sick

too soon Marco RIP.

we have lost a real potential star. i'm in shock.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

RIP Marco, young star and future Champion taken way to early.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

What a terrible accident.... horrific..... RIP Marco
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Eternal rest grant unto him, o Lord....

I don't think I can keep watching this, TBH

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post

Marco will still be watching it up there

I love Moto Gp to much to stop watching it

You are braver than me mate.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

It was a freak accident Lou. Nothing could have prevented that. I have never seen a bike continue to grip after it's laid down like that. He was never going to survive being hit in the neck and chest area by two other bikes - regardless of whether his helmet came off or not.

I'm sure Marco or his family wouldn't want you to stop watching because of this. They all know the risk. It's a sport with danger that can never be taken away, the rider will always be at risk. But, fortunately, these things rarely happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    It was a freak accident Lou. Nothing could have prevented that. I have never seen a bike continue to grip after it's laid down like that. He was never going to survive being hit in the neck and chest area by two other bikes - regardless of whether his helmet came off or not.

I'm sure Marco or his family wouldn't want you to stop watching because of this. They all know the risk. It's a sport with danger that can never be taken away, the rider will always be at risk. But, fortunately, these things rarely happen.

It happened just last year mate (admittedly in Moto2)

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

It happened just last year mate (admittedly in Moto2)
    Yea, I know. We had the two awful incidents in the last year but the one prior to that was 8 years ago.I think the only thing they can look at is the chin strap on the helmet.

Although, some riders have airbags in their overalls, or they've at least been tested. The initial fall may not have been enough to set it off though. That seems the only way they can be more protected than they are at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Yea, I know. We had the two awful incidents in the last year but the one prior to that was 8 years ago.I think the only thing they can look at is the chin strap on the helmet.

Although, some riders have airbags in their overalls, or they've at least been tested. The initial fall may not have been enough to set it off though. That seems the only way they can be more protected than they are at the moment.

Airbags in the overalls?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

good bye Marco .......... i am so shocked since the day i learned the news!!!!.......... tomorrow is the funeral..... valentino rossi is wrecked but he said on the media that he will continue racing............

Rest in peace Great Simoncelli!!!!

Last round Stoner on pole

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2011...rco+Simoncelli

Marco Tribute at Valencia this morning. Really moving to see all the bikes followed by the fireworks
    Forza Jules