Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Italian GP: Race Thread

Italian GP: Race Thread

Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix Weather Forecast

Weather conditions aren’t looking too good for the 2011 Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza today.

There are predictions of a thunderstorm for later today and the clouds over the track certainly make those predictions look possible.

It’s currently partly cloudy in Monza with a temperature of 66 degrees F (19 degrees C), and peak temps are expected to reach 82 degrees F (28 degrees C).

Wind speed is zero and it’s shaping up to be a very hot and humid day with humidity levels currently at 94 percent.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formu...to-Europe.aspx
    Italian GP - Farewell to Europe
    For the past few years, the royal park of Monza has provided the backdrop for Formula 1’s farewell to Europe and that is again this case this weekend, because after the Italian Grand Prix, the circus heads off around the world for the final six rounds of the 2011 championship. The contrast could not be more marked, from Italy’s sixty second GP, all bar one held at Monza, to the modern face of Formula 1, with a venue that has never staged a race - India, to those only visited once or twice before – Korea and Abu Dhabi. If the Italian venue lacks the giant facilities and razzle dazzle of the more modern venues, it certainly makes up for it with the challenge presented by the actual race track. This will be the fastest Grand Prix of the year, both in terms of the average speed over the 53 laps and the top speed achieved by the cars down the straight.

For Scuderia Ferrari, it has always been a key date on the calendar, being its home race, a short drive down the autostrada from the Maranello headquarters. The Prancing Horse is the only team to have been on parade for every edition of this race, winning eighteen of them. So a key date yes, but a critical one, no: contrary to what some pundits have been saying, this weekend is not the Last Chance Saloon for the Scuderia’s season. Last year’s Italian GP winner Fernando Alonso sums up the scenario well: “The championship situation is even more difficult after Spa, in that there is one race less to go and the gap to the leaders has grown a bit more,” admitted the Spaniard. “We have to be realistic but we will never give up: we did not give up in the past and we will not do it now. I

Hopefully, we can do well in front of the Tifosi :). It's encouraging that we were running a higher gear ratio compared to the others; especially Vettel, who was hitting the rev limiter for 400-500 metres.

All out or nothing. We have nothing to lose
    Mark Webber: "If you push to try and pass you kill the tyres but if you wait, then you find you're on the same strategy and finish behind them anyway".

Looking forward to the an exciting race with these different gear ratios we've got there!

Monza a speed race track, Is Vettel going to prove the legend wrong?

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Both drivers in top 4 , let's rock!.

I have a feeling we r going to win this one...

here at the moment it's sunny and hot as hell. I'm 20 min from the track so i don't think there is a different weather in Monza.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulpg87 View Post
    here at the moment it's sunny and hot as hell. I'm 20 min from the track so i don't think there is a different weather in Monza.
    good. that would be an awful twist of fate to have 2008 style weather. if RedBull arent as fast in the race as they are in Quali, then maybe we are in with a shot! podium imo is possible, especially with Macca's wings.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I'm just wondering whether there is any significant difference in the Red Bull cars. I've been thinking about this especially in light of the difference between Vettel and Webbers Q times. For 70% odd a driver is flat out on the throttle so it only leaves about 30% of the lap for Seb to make nealry 3/4 of a second on a guy driving the same car. Their intermediate speeds are 7, 3 and 1 Kph different (in favour of Seb) and Mark has about 9Kph edge at the trap. With such little difference at 4 points of the track, and given they are both flat out most of the time in between, how can there be such a huge difference. Be nice to hear some theories on that?

Vettel's gear ratio's helped him in qualifying but he is easy meat in the race, as long as we are close enough to use DRS on him. McLaren have chosen to run higher downforce, which works well in qualifying (due to unlimited DRS), but they'll suffer in the race and Alonso should overtake them.

I am expecting a podium today, but there's an outside chance of the win.

I think the problem with Vettel would be trying to get within 1 second. His shorter gear ratio would meant he can accelerate faster out of a corner. I think he's most vulnerable in the Parabolica detection line as we can catch up with him on top speed before that final corner.

The one in sector 2 will be difficult as he has the advantage going out of the slower corners to pull a gap

The gear ratio is a non issue if he keep P1 and pull a gap from the get go.

we have just got to hope that Vettel, McLaren have a lot slower top speed without drs.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

This is shaping up to be a cracker.... Come On F......F.....F.....
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    Vettel's gear ratio's helped him in qualifying but he is easy meat in the race, as long as we are close enough to use DRS on him. McLaren have chosen to run higher downforce, which works well in qualifying (due to unlimited DRS), but they'll suffer in the race and Alonso should overtake them.

I am expecting a podium today, but there's an outside chance of the win.
    McLaren did the same last year and did pretty well with Jenson
    Forza Ferrari

Afternoon guys

Looking back, qualifying was actually pretty good yesterday and we should do better in the race. Looking forward to the race.

Fantastic intro. Well done BBC

Quote Originally Posted by SanderV View Post
    Fantastic intro. Well done BBC
    i agree. less of the cirnge, more of the loveliness.

Eddie!!!
    not gonna change my profile picture

Come on Ferrari!
    Do it for us fans! :D

Alonso to win!

We are on the dirty side with both cars but should be safe as Webber is a very poor starter
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

To be honest I want Schumacher to have a good race today.

Hmm, Jake shouldn't be wearing a RBR t-shirt really...

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    McLaren did the same last year and did pretty well with Jenson
    But this year, we'll have the advantage of DRS.

Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    We are on the dirty side with both cars but should be safe as Webber is a very poor starter
    Apparently in the GP2 and GP3 races, the car starting 2nd took the lead at the start.

Guys, can anyone give me a decent...hiccup free link??? the vipbox link just freezes every 2 mins ...........................

Forzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Ferrrrrraaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Finally! I was waiting for the Hamilton/Button/McLaren story.

Afternoon Chaps and Chapesses,

Looking forward to a strong result for the boys as my Sporting day has started with dissapointment after Wales were narrowly beaten by South Africa in the RWC this morning.

Some say he knows two facts about ducks and they are both wrong...
    @bigandyclifton

Good luck all...........

i like JB's shades
    not gonna change my profile picture