Thread: Montezemolo writes to Massa: “You are part of our history”

Montezemolo writes to Massa: “You are part of our history”

Felipe Massa received a special message for his hundredth Grand Prix in red and it came from the Ferrari President, in the form of a letter which we reproduce here in full:

Dear Felipe,

This is an important Grand Prix for you, not just because you will be racing at home, in front of your fans. It will also be your one hundredth race with us, which is an amazing journey that only very few drivers can claim to have done before you. It is also coincides with the end of your first ten years in Formula 1, all of which have been powered by an engine built here in Maranello. I am pleased that you chose to record this anniversary with a special helmet design, featuring one hundred prancing horses.

These past ten years have been very intensive. With us, you staked your claim as a driver, winning eleven Grand Prix, and coming within a whisker of taking an incredible World Championship crown, as well as making a significant contribution to the Scuderia winning two Constructors’ World Championship titles. With us, you have grown as a driver and as a man and you are part of our history.

Where you are now in Interlagos, you have experienced some great moments, but also some very bitter ones. Today, you are on the eve of the final Grand Prix of what has been a particularly difficult season: let’s hope you can end it with a very nice result!

From Monday, all our thoughts will be focussed solely on next year’s championship, because we have had enough of this one. It will be a crucial year, your seventh as a racing driver for the Scuderia, because the objective is clear for all to see and is so obvious, it’s not even worth repeating here. I am sure that, first and foremost, you are keen to answer your critics and prove them wrong and it falls to us to provide you with the means to do that, by giving you a winning car.

I send you a warm embrace,

Luca Montezemolo

Felipe will wear a very special helmet for this special weekend. Designed by the artist Jens Munser, based on instructions from Felipe and produced by Schuberth, a long time partner of the Scuderia and the driver, the helmet features a chrome and gold Prancing Horse, on which are mounted a further one hundred small horses, one for each race contested at the wheel of a Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

The future is RED

it falls to us to provide you with the means to do that, by giving you a winning car
    Least the boss knows where things need to change first
    Forza Ferrari

If massa is fast in the new car then u know its fast, alonso will be supreme in it. Thats the barometer

Quote Originally Posted by blaney1977 View Post
    If massa is fast in the new car then u know its fast, alonso will be supreme in it. Thats the barometer
    Let's just get the championship winning car.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Least the boss knows where things need to change first
    Too right let's get a winning car then this nonsense will stop
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Does he mean: You are (part of our) history! (Sorry guys but I could't resist)...

Dont be mean...but I really understand why Massa couldnt keep up the pace with Alonso in a car that we all think is the same.....I still remember jumping out of my seat as he cross the finish line in that cruel Brazilian GP...I wish the best for him.....but HE is not the same driver.........

When Luca says your part of our history, did he mean Felipe is history if he doesn't deliver next year? it sure sounds like that!

The landscape has changed since the past few years, our competitors have gotten stronger than they did in 2008, and this year's F150 was no where near THAT competitive car we had in 2008. So its really hard to judge Massa against that 2008 Massa. I'll give Massa the benefit of the doubt. If Ferrari thinks he is good enough for Ferrari, then I believe so too.

100 GP with Ferrari is no small achievement, its something any driver can be proud off.

I'm sure Massa would have preferred to hear "You are part of our future"!
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift
    that's why its called the present

Quote Originally Posted by Tiz View Post
    I'm sure Massa would have preferred to hear "You are part of our future"!
    he has all next year to prove himself he's worthy of keeping, otherwise i'm sure it won't be long before he gets replaced my either KUBICA (if he fully recovers) or other young talent like Bianchi
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Even though i am Alonso fan. I still think he has failed to raise Ferrari back to glory days. Maybe team really needs to give Massa a real chance for 2012 WDC, like he was given 2008??

Quote Originally Posted by F2007 View Post
    Even though i am Alonso fan. I still think he has failed to raise Ferrari back to glory days. Maybe team really needs to give Massa a real chance for 2012 WDC, like he was given 2008??
    you cannot be serious!
    not gonna change my profile picture

Even though i am Alonso fan. I still think he has failed to raise Ferrari back to glory days.
    Nobody can do that, not Alonso, not Senna, not Schumi, they drive and give feedback that's all. And don't name Schumi golden era in Ferrari, because that was the result of many things, starting from unlimited testing, Ross Brown, Byrne, Todt and many more things, a driver can't turn a frog into a prince, not now, not never.

Even though i am Alonso fan.
    I don't think you are a Alonso fan. Its quiet evident from your posts in other threads

Criticize him on a Kimi Forum. I know it must be misereble for you that Kimi was kicked out of Ferrari & replaced by Alonso

Brother, the law of physics cannot be broken by any driver, not even ***** Norris. :xmastongue:

The law of physics dictates that our car design cannot go as fast as that beast designed by Adrian Newey this year. Ferrari glory days involves a car that can at least compete with the rest, and this year we don't have that.

Both our drivers have equal chances to go for the championship title as far as I'm concern. They both have equal cars and equal personal backing them up. Its not like Massa have to change his own tires or assemble his own car.

Felipe is a good driver but he needs a better car.
    It will be last chance for him. I think If his results like Fernando or better he will be stayed in the team.
    I hope it will be better season for him than 2011.
    Last edited by Cartman; 1st December 2011 at 09:02.

Great letter. At least LdM has a heart. Best of Luck for next year
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

I have always been a Massa fan! He is really a team player, never too proud to take direction, hard working and is dedicated to Ferrari. He does not view himself as above anyone else on the team and he is a fighter. Felipe really deserved to win the World Championship and his near miss is something that stings to this day! Having said that he has simply not been the same since his accident and it is very difficult watching him struggle.

It is kind of a much less painful version of when Luca Badoer stepped behind the wheel. I had waited for years for him to be given that opportunity (should have been given to him when Michael was injured, although I adored Mika Salo at the time as well) and to see him circulating at the end of the grid was heart breaking. What was even worse at the time were the tifosi who crucified him!

Back to Massa, I keep wishing he would regain his form and that the car would be competitive enough to challenge for the championship...sadly not everything has a Hollywood ending. He is a fighter though so fingers crossed that he can find some magic, otherwise we may be welcoming Sergio Perez into the team for 2013.

Felipe Massa’s annual kart race is this weekend.

The full line-up is as follows:

Formula 1
    Felipe Massa
    Rubens Barrichello
    Lucas di Grassi
    Vitantonio Liuzzi
    Jérôme D'Ambrosio
    Jaime Alguersuari
    Pastor Maldonado
    Adrian Sutil
    Gianni Morbidelli

Indy Racing League
    Tony Kanaan
    Vitor Meira
    Hélio Castroneves
    Bia Figueiredo

GP2 Series
    Jules Bianchi

Nascar Limited Late Model
    Pietro Fittipaldi

Nascar Truck Series
    Nelson Angelo Piquet

FIA GT
    Enrique Bernoldi

Brazilian Stock Car
    Marcos Gomes
    Xandinho Negrão
    Cacá Bueno
    Luciano Burti
    Ricardo Zonta
    Allam Khodair
    Max Wilson
    Tuka Rocha
    Antonio Pizzonia
    Popó Bueno
    Christian Fittipaldi
    Allam Khodair
    Trofeo Linea
    Leonardo Nienkötter

Saturday's all-important Qualifying phase begins at 6pm local time (GMT -2)
    It will be broadcasted live here: http://www.brmtv.com.bre
    Source

i spotted Piquet's name, so Massa has made up with him too?
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    i spotted Piquet's name, so Massa has made up with him too?
    Maybe, but not Flavio