Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232435 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by f300v10 View Post
    My guess is the version without the exposed tip was attempting to blow the rear brake duct fins. This second version looks to blow the beam wing.
    Yeah but my guess is that thy will put some heatshield on the acer housing.That cut was probably just a temporary solution

Exhaust to break duct (?):

Exhaust to beam wing (?):

And a interesting hole:

Attached Images Attached Images

It's like Raikkonen had never left.. What a lap.!

Jose Luis tweets:
    "After the first analysis of the data, in quiet breathing Maranello, it seems that this time the correlation tunnel / track works well"
    "However, they have detected some minor 'discrepancies' that will solve immediately with certain modifications in the software"
    "The reliability of the car felt pretty good, the problem of overheating is the use of unsuitable materials in the area"
    "Massa drove cautiously, has tried many pieces, most made ​​without adequate and quality finishes, but no time"
    "Hirohide Hamashima proceed to the detailed analysis of data from Pirelli, the suspensions are a priority"
    "So far the feeling is very positive, although without new floor, the car seems very 'promising'"
    "Massa has felt very comfortable from the start with all types of compounds, the priority was to collect data, do not make time"
    "Damage caused by overheating have been merely cosmetic. As mentioned, the mechanics very attentive to cover the car"

so if its half of this true we can relax :)

Quote Originally Posted by f300v10 View Post
    Looks like Ferrari were playing with the exhaust:

Now THOSE are mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Jose Luis tweets:
    "After the first analysis of the data, in quiet breathing Maranello, it seems that this time the correlation tunnel / track works well"
    "However, they have detected some minor 'discrepancies' that will solve immediately with certain modifications in the software"
    "The reliability of the car felt pretty good, the problem of overheating is the use of unsuitable materials in the area"
    "Massa drove cautiously, has tried many pieces, most made ​​without adequate and quality finishes, but no time"
    "Hirohide Hamashima proceed to the detailed analysis of data from Pirelli, the suspensions are a priority"
    "So far the feeling is very positive, although without new floor, the car seems very 'promising'"
    "Massa has felt very comfortable from the start with all types of compounds, the priority was to collect data, do not make time"
    "Damage caused by overheating have been merely cosmetic. As mentioned, the mechanics very attentive to cover the car"

Thank you for this If these are true i can say that it looks pretty good for us!

Who is Jose Luis?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFanBoii View Post
    Indeed amazingly great lap, almost makes me want to join a McLaren forum to talk about him all the time.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Indeed amazingly great lap, almost makes me want to join a McLaren forum to talk about him all the time.
    autosport will do. Even the live commentary was drooling about him all the time its a pleague!

I knew this was coming i was waiting for it Thanks for the laugh Greig!

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Jose Luis tweets:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

If true he gets bored by mid-season.

1zf4fiv.jpg28iw4uq.jpgfvwd28.jpg

Our Rare end looks much more compact, I guess there is still lot of scope for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!
    I would say we don't know what we have yet.

He was totally, amazingly, incredible today. Blew everyone away.

Truzonef1 via twitter

"There are rumors that the FIA has already conducted an inspection of the Red Bull and Ferrari exhaust, both position and angle of the same."

Well a pretty quiet day. No alarming speed from anyone. It like Ferrari had your average shake down day like everyone else. It will be interesting to see how the team develops the race car without Aldo Costa involved with the team anymore. I am hoping the team has a clear path to develop the car. I am looking forward to the new Floor coming soon. I think we are all hopeful that the Windtunnel and CFD Modelling are right on target to aid that advancement process.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    1zf4fiv.jpg28iw4uq.jpgfvwd28.jpg

Our Rare end looks much more compact, I guess there is still lot of scope for improvement.
    Gosh that McLaren is even fatter than I thought. Mercedes engine is so big or what?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Newey not ruling out exhaust controversy!

he only speaks of the Ferrari solution really.

McLarens 'channel' looks more questionable to me than the Ferrari solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Gosh that McLaren is even fatter than I thought. Mercedes engine is so big or what?

It probably because of their Gear Box

I agree
    The lap was worthy of a choc ice from iceland washed down with a sodastream cola. Go Kimi Go. Oh and can we have our money back?
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    I knew this was coming i was waiting for it Thanks for the laugh Greig!
    Yeah, complain over our last WDC is a class act =) At least Kimi has achived something at Ferrari unlike his teammate at the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Yeah, complain over our last WDC is a class act =) At least Kimi has achived something at Ferrari unlike his teammate at the time...
    Who complained about Kimi at Ferrari? Go support Kimi then, on a Lotus or Kimi forum, its not rocket science is it.

And his team mate at the time scored more points and more podiums than Kimi did and achieved a new contract and not the boot , but really coming to a Ferrari forum to support Kimi at Lotus is a bit backwards. Anyway let's not have a 2012 testing thread ruined silly Kimi stuff
    Forza Ferrari

He was lucky. Massa drove better than Icecream Man
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Ferrari pleased with initial running with the new F2012 at Jerez F1 test

"We need to do a lot of work, but we think we are at a good point compared to what we are expecting on this first day."

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    Well a pretty quiet day. No alarming speed from anyone. It like Ferrari had your average shake down day like everyone else. It will be interesting to see how the team develops the race car without Aldo Costa involved with the team anymore. I am hoping the team has a clear path to develop the car. I am looking forward to the new Floor coming soon. I think we are all hopeful that the Windtunnel and CFD Modelling are right on target to aid that advancement process.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    Thats positive tjhat numbers from CFD/WT match with numbers from track. I'm also looking forward to hear comments after the new floor will be installed on the car. I thnik that Ferrari has yet to decide the development path on some parts. The exhaust position will be atleast fine tunnened. This is only the first day but the car ran smooth. The overheating of bodywork arround exhaust is just the cause that they try to redirect the exhaust flow atmore angle that is permitted to do with exhaust pipe by the regs.

He didn't win that WDC, Ramilton lost it.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    Truzonef1 via twitter

"There are rumors that the FIA has already conducted an inspection of the Red Bull and Ferrari exhaust, both position and angle of the same."
    More like - Mclaren send their spies in... Seriously, FIA has no power over other teams during pre-season testing, so unless we invited them, they should keep their distance.

For the Kimi loving love love it's that way ====> http://www.thelotusforums.com/, not on here please

Meanwhile or new baby seem to be looking at the bull's eye, so far so good.

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.