Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work without a break with Australian GP in sight

Quote Originally Posted by c-man View Post
    no one knows what form Ferrari is in right now except Ferrari. i think they are all a little scared.
    c man that is a beastly avatar. can i please see the original pic?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    They guys fly out for Melbourne on Thursday, only two days from now... I have heard from a couple friends that they are working 19 and 20 hour days right now, going all out to give us Tifosi some wins!!! They are dedicated!!! That's why we love them!!!
    That's what we expect from Ferrari, dedication and hard work. We should be proud of this team, they've created a radical new car with great potential and they're giving their best in order to get it winning as soon as possible. That's the spirit, that's Ferrari.
    I have a great feeling about this season: ALONSO + FERRARI PUSHING TO THE LIMIT = WDC + WCC .

Forza Ferrari

World champions Red Bull are considering taking the older version of its new car – the RB8 – to Melbourne for the 2012 Formula 1 season opener.

That is the opinion of the authoritative Auto Motor und Sport magazine, after the radically updated model made a troubled debut late last week as the pre-season test period ended.

Rivals and pundits believe the reigning champions are still leading the field, but the latest Barcelona-spec car – featuring a significantly different exhaust layout – did not complete many laps.

Moreover, it also did not appear to be fast.

“When I watched Webber’s long run on Saturday afternoon,” said an engineer for a rival team, “it was nothing special – not the lap times nor the tyre wear.”

Also unconvinced are the drivers, with Mark Webber saying the new car did not feel “massively different” to the earlier version of the RB8.

Sebastian Vettel, meanwhile, was dead last after just 23 laps on Sunday, and is quoted as saying: “It wouldn’t be fair for me to judge the upgrades, so we have to rely on the data collected by Mark.”

Another rival engineer said there is visual evidence that the exhaust gases on the revised layout “are not going where they (Red Bull) want them to go”.
    All this, yet it is Ferrari that have the crap car and are in a world of trouble.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    All this, yet it is Ferrari that have the crap car and are in a world of trouble.
    Yup..world of trouble, crap car, and according to PF1 -"The general consensus has been that Red Bull and McLaren are probably (but not definitely) the fastest, trailed by Mercedes and Lotus with Ferrari maybe as far back as fifth".

Ah, you have to love the media!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    c man that is a beastly avatar. can i please see the original pic?
    thanks i'll try and find it. it is somewhere in the second barca testing thread, posted by rob.

Edit: my bad it was the first barca test thread. http://i42.tinypic.com/e9sxfr.jpg

i've been trying to find in Hi-res for my wallaper, but no luck.
    Last edited by c-man; 7th March 2012 at 12:51.
    "Losing Michael from Formula One is not like losing your arm or leg. It’s like losing your torso. It’s like removing America from the world map and hoping that somehow Spain can fill the void." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by c-man View Post
    thanks i'll try and find it. it is somewhere in the second barca testing thread, posted by rob.

Edit: my bad it was the first barca test thread. http://i42.tinypic.com/e9sxfr.jpg

i've been trying to find in Hi-res for my wallaper, but no luck.
    thanks.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

vi hiku

Hey guys, new to the forum...for what ive seen on the practice, it's looking good for the f2012. Il be putting my money on Alonso to be P1 comes quali..it will be the race that im not sure about lets just see

To put it bluntly, last year's F150 was a red disaster. But despite that, we managed to bag quite a few podiums (if you don't count Silverstone's win). That to me shows what we're capable. We don't need to have the fastest car. We just need to be close to our competitors, our drivers will do the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    We don't need to have the fastest car. We just need to be close to our competitors, our drivers will do the rest
    The problem I have with this, Hornet, is that in 2009, 2010, 2011 it has been without doubt the fastest car that's won the WDC, not necesssarily the 'best' driver on the grid.
    I give way to no-one in my admiration of Alonso's skills , especially his incredible capacity for getting uncompetive cars in places where they "have no business being" (Eddie Jordan).
    Even his genius in this respect hasn't won him a WDC since 2006 as you know.
    So, I'm hoping that the team can get the most out of the F2012 and hand over to both our drivers a blindingly fast car very, very soon Then they can do the rest

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Yup..world of trouble, crap car, and according to PF1 -"The general consensus has been that Red Bull and McLaren are probably (but not definitely) the fastest, trailed by Mercedes and Lotus with Ferrari maybe as far back as fifth".

What's great about all this situation is that if the F2012 happens to be quick in Australia, it's gonna be even sweeter. Give Alonso a medium car and he'll make it looks godd. Give him a fast car and he'll make it unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

What's great about all this situation is that if the F2012 happens to be quick in Australia, it's gonna be even sweeter. Give Alonso a medium car and he'll make it look godd. Give him a fast car and he'll make it unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    The problem I have with this, Hornet, is that in 2009, 2010, 2011 it has been without doubt the fastest car that's won the WDC, not necesssarily the 'best' driver on the grid.
    I give way to no-one in my admiration of Alonso's skills , especially his incredible capacity for getting uncompetive cars in places where they "have no business being" (Eddie Jordan).
    Even his genius in this respect hasn't won him a WDC since 2006 as you know.
    So, I'm hoping that the team can get the most out of the F2012 and hand over to both our drivers a blindingly fast car very, very soon Then they can do the rest
    I see your point.
    Yeah, ultimately, having the fastest car gives a huge advantage.

Well, I guess I just hope at least we'll have a podium finish, if things are as bad as Pat Fry say it is. And that the team will bring the best F2012 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I see your point.
    Yeah, ultimately, having the fastest car gives a huge advantage.

Well, I guess I just hope at least we'll have a podium finish, if things are as bad as Pat Fry say it is. And that the team will bring the best F2012 soon.

I hope they get to grips with the acer ducts quickly, but it seems they will not be raced.
    If it is true that they were causing the main rear df problems, then maybe things are ok, since the new solution will be done now.
    Acer ducts for Barca!!

The great thing with Ferrari now is that with their pr a good result will be fantastic, but a bad result expected. Their pr could not lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Great words from Alonso.
    +1

Keep the faith people Ferrari are more than capable of getting out of trouble fingers crossed we come good early though

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif