Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 51617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Felipe Massa sucks, says Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    Seems than Latin Drivers suit our team better...
    I've heard people say this before, and I think its more romantic vision than anything... Its been 56 years since a Latin Ferrari driver has won the WDC...

Working backward we've had a Fin, a German, a South African, an Austrian, an Englishmen, an American, another Englishmen, then finally Fangio and Ascari. And then the most beloved Ferrari driver of all time (IMHO) is a Canadian...

I think Perez has potential, but I don't think regionality/nationality should hold any weight in choosing drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by mm154 View Post
    I've heard people say this before, and I think its more romantic vision than anything...
    I think Perez has potential, but I don't think regionality/nationality should hold any weight in choosing drivers.
    I think Latin drivers just look right in our team but I am sure Ferrari take the best that are available to them at the time.
    In recent years they seem to favour having one driver from South America.
    I think the French/Sicilian (Alesi) was and is also much loved.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by mm154 View Post
    I've heard people say this before, and I think its more romantic vision than anything... Its been 56 years since a Latin Ferrari driver has won the WDC...

Working backward we've had a Fin, a German, a South African, an Austrian, an Englishmen, an American, another Englishmen, then finally Fangio and Ascari. And then the most beloved Ferrari driver of all time (IMHO) is a Canadian...

You're right!
    When I said "suit" I didn't really mean "deliver"...
    It has to do more with the passion they can transmit to the crowds or the electricity you can feel watching them on the podium...
    Think about Kimi or Schumacher at the early days with Ferrari...
    Latins have the something special which can be felt but not said...
    Is Alonso more beloved than Schumacher? Of course.
    And of course we can't deny that exceptions always can be there...

So say if Massa retires at Ferrari one day (for good, hopefully), what will Smedley become then?

Race engineer for the next driver?
    Forza Ferrari

You're right!
    When I said "suit" I didn't really mean "deliver"...
    It has to do more with the passion they can transmit to the crowds or the electricity you can feel watching them on the podium...
    Think about Kimi or Schumacher at the early days with Ferrari...
    Latins have the something special which can be felt but not said...
    Is Alonso more beloved than Schumacher? Of course.
    And of course we can't deny that exceptions always can be there...
    Haha, well, I guess part of the special something of the anglosaxon or germanic culture is their work ethic then? which may explain why latins haven't won for Ferrari in those 50+ years .
    Let's not get overboard with all this latin stuff, after all this was started as an argument created by Ferrari to ease the sacking of Kimi for the italian public. And I say this as a spaniard and an alonso fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Race engineer for the next driver?
    Really, thought he's going to get promoted to a more senior spot within the team or something. Smedley's probably still remains as a race engineer cause he's engineering Massa, no point splitting that relationship until the day has come for Felipe to be out for good.

Well Stella has moved from driver to driver in that role?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Agron View Post
    Haha, well, I guess part of the special something of the anglosaxon or germanic culture is their work ethic then? which may explain why latins haven't won for Ferrari in those 50+ years .
    Let's not get overboard with all this latin stuff, after all this was started as an argument created by Ferrari to ease the sacking of Kimi for the italian public. And I say this as a spaniard and an alonso fan.
    Maybe if you could spend some time to read what exactly others post then you would be able to add more accurate comments.
    Try to re-read my post and comment again. It will help you.

I don't know about some nationalities suiting Ferrari more than others. Sounds dumb to me.

Felipe is Brazilian and not Latino or Hispanic. Brazilians speak Brazilian Portuguese and the country is based on the Portuguese culture. he's also 1/4 Italian. Massa is an area in Tuscany, and his grandfather immigrated from Italy.

Fernando is European, not Latino. Latino refers to one who comes from Latin America. Fernando can be considered Hispanic because his first language is, duh, Spanish.

A driver like Sergio Perez, would be Latino and Hispanic because he comes from Mexico and if his first language was Spanish.

I don't care if our drivers are Eskimos from Alaska, as long as they win!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Felipe is Brazilian and not Latino or Hispanic. Brazilians speak Brazilian Portuguese and the country is based on the Portuguese culture. he's also 1/4 Italian. Massa is an area in Tuscany, and his grandfather immigrated from Italy.

Latino refers to one who comes from Latin America.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Brazil was part of Latin America which by your reckoning makes him Latino

Forza Jules

I don't know about some nationalities suiting Ferrari more than others. Sounds dumb to me.

Fernando is European, not Latino. Latino refers to one who comes from Latin America. Fernando can be considered Hispanic because his first language is, duh, Spanish.

A driver like Sergio Perez, would be Latino and Hispanic because he comes from Mexico and if his first language was Spanish.

I don't care if our drivers are Eskimos from Alaska, as long as they win!
    http://www.travel-images.com/latin.html

Sorry for the dissapointment but Alaska not included.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Brazil was part of Latin America which by your reckoning makes him Latino
    There are many cases made that Brazil isn't really part of Latin America, from a scholarly perspective.

http://thomasonlatinamerica.blogspot...n-america.html

Disappointed Since 2010

http://www.travel-images.com/latin.html

Sorry for the dissapointment but Alaska not included.
    I was referring to the phrase "latino", which is what I thought some of the posters meant by "latin". I was clearly mistaken with my interpretation. In the US, whenever we hear "Latin" we automatically think of "Latino", which is a descendant of Latin America, not speakers of romance languages derived from the defunct language.

Disappointed Since 2010

In the US, whenever we hear "Latin" we automatically think of "Latino"

Uncalled for. TSN MOD
    Last edited by Tifoso; 19th July 2012 at 16:41.

Peace my friends. No need for this.
    Prepare yourselfs for Nando's glorious win in Germany.

From Autosport magazine:

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Peace my friends. No need for this.
    Prepare yourselfs for Nando's glorious win in Germany.

Disappointed Since 2010

ferrari having some fun on twiter with the zoro captions haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    From Autosport magazine:

I like how Autosport have carefully chosen a picture of Massa in which he looks like he's praying for his drive
    Forza Jules

I know, right? Let Felipe concentrate on continuing to prove the naysayers wrong. He'll get his contract with SF when he gets his contract with SF.

Disappointed Since 2010

Hockenheim, 19 July – In past years, Hockenheim has been all about the cauldron of heat that characterises the German Grand Prix weekend, but today, as Felipe Massa faced the media in the Scuderia Hospitality unit in the Hockenheimring paddock, it seemed that the cool temperatures and overcast skies had followed the F1 circus across the seas from the British Grand Prix. The media questions had not changed much either: in Silverstone the journalists suggested the Brazilian should be worried that Mark Webber might replace him at Ferrari and today, they suggested he should be worried that the Australian had confirmed he had talked to Ferrari! “I’m sure not just Mark but a big number of drivers have been in touch, have called Ferrari,” said Felipe. “That’s because I would say most of the drivers would love to drive for Ferrari! It’s not a problem for me and all I have to do is think about my job, the direction I am going in and the results I achieve. Ferrari is a great team and it would be nice to stay with them, but whatever the situation it is always important to get good results on track. Once you race for Ferrari, you never want to change: it’s an important team and it’s always a great pleasure to race for Ferrari. If I didn’t feel okay, I would look around at other teams, but I do feel okay here and I feel I can do a lot for this team, so let’s work on that. Of course, if you are in a situation where you have a long contract then that means you have no worries, but it is always going to happen at some point that you are in the last year of your current contract. A driver always has pressure, especially in a big team, but it is part of our life.”

The next ten days will see a lot of points assigned in the championships, with the race in Budapest taking place just a week after this event. The Ferrari man was clear on the point that the team must keep its current momentum going through Hockenheimring and Hungaroring. “These next two races, one week apart before the summer break, are going to be very important, especially when you look at the current situation in the championship,” he maintained. “It is so competitive between many drivers and many teams, which means that one result carries a lot of importance. So, we must keep fighting to get good results in these next two races, as this could be a championship where just one point can make the difference when it comes to winning the title at the end of the year. In fact, every race from now to the end of the season will be very important and if you want to be successful you need to have both cars scoring points all the time.”

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I like how Autosport have carefully chosen a picture of Massa in which he looks like he's praying for his drive
    But the article has a valid point. Ferrari holding talks with Mark shows they are keeping options open for 2013. Here's hoping to massa's continuing upbeat form for Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso123 View Post
    But the article has a valid point. Ferrari holding talks with Mark shows they are keeping options open for 2013. Here's hoping to massa's continuing upbeat form for Germany
    I get that, but who's to say it didn't go down like another poster stated.

:::Ring::: :::Ring:::

Mark Webber: Hi Mate, this is Mark Webber. Can I drive the F2013 next year?

Luca Di Montezemelo: No.

Mark Webber: Okay.

:::Click:::

Mark Webber:

Disappointed Since 2010

I get that, but who's to say it didn't go down like another poster stated.

:::Ring::: :::Ring:::

Mark Webber: Hi Mate, this is Mark Webber. Can I drive the F2013 next year?

Luca Di Montezemelo: No.

Mark Webber: Okay.

:::Click:::

Mark Webber:

it was Webbers decision not to drive for Ferrari n to stay at Redbull.u are right about one thing though..dealings with Webbo is straightforward

Any source that it was Webber's decision? funny how when the likes of Webber and Button need a new contract they are linked to Ferrari....
    Forza Ferrari

Here you go mate,

“It’s been an interesting few months,” said Webber, “but overall the continuity and desire for me to continue at Red Bull Racing was very strong. My main focus is on this year’s Championship, which is very important. There were discussions with Ferrari, but my decision was to stay here. I virtually know everyone’s shoe size! I know everyone’s names, I know how everyone ticks and I know all the departments which is very, very important for a driver. There’s a whole raft of factors. With Seb, we’ve worked very, very close together for a long period of time now. I think no-one would really have envisaged how long we have worked together, so that’s probably been a bit of a surprise. There are not many team-mates staying together for that long in Formula 1, but it’s proved to be a successful partnership with both of us working very hard with the key technical members of the team. It’s been a potent operation. We’re still competitive when we hit the track, no question about it, especially in 2010 and this year. Last year there wasn’t much racing between Sebastian and I, but in 2009, 2010 and this year, there have been some great battles.”

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...ferrari-talks/

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso123 View Post
    it was Webbers decision not to drive for Ferrari n to stay at Redbull.u are right about one thing though..dealings with Webbo is straightforward
    To me, it seems he wanted to drive Ferrari but deal couldn't take place.

http://www.formula1.com/news/intervi...2/7/13597.html

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Any source that it was Webber's decision? funny how when the likes of Webber and Button need a new contract they are linked to Ferrari....
    I've seen this movie before...