Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton signs for Mercedes, Perez joins McLaren

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    There rumours that his management were talking to Sauber in Singapore.
    Peter and Michael have ties but I seriously doubt the choice between a management role, retirement, or a drive with Sauber is a difficult one. No offense meant to Sauber.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Does this mean Perez is no longer a part of the Ferrari Driver Academy??
    Good old Helmut Marko says they're colluding, so you never know mate...

Bitterly disappointed to see Perez join McLaren. Always thought he was going to become a Ferrari driver.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Peter and Michael have ties but I seriously doubt the choice between a management role, retirement, or a drive with Sauber is a difficult one. No offense meant to Sauber.
    Sauber have a better car this year than Merc, Nico lucked into the tyres in China, but apart from that, what have they done? Who's to say the Sauber next yar will be same, if not abit better than this years car. If he goes for a year, dont blame him.

But, Jaime Alguersuari maybe in running for that seat at Sauber, as Red Bull said they willing to cut ties to him for a race seat next year.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Hamilton move now official. Still awaiting the most important piece of news though (Schumacher)

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1
    Also confirmed as expected, Lauda joins Mercedes F1 board, suggesting Schueys options won't be in a non driving role at the team
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Oh well, it'll be nice to see Hamilton never win a race again
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

I think we have lost a great talent in Perez going to our biggest rival McLaren. He's on a multi year deal and if he shines there they will not let him go, Ferrari have lost out. He has been by far the best rookie of the season for me.
    I hope he shows Button to be the average driver that Button is.
    Last edited by ForzaJay; 28th September 2012 at 09:38.

Disappointed, for both drivers, Merc will continue to be mid grid team, I know it, so the sport has lost a race winner because he wants more £££, and we lost Perez because he's 'Not ready' well next we will see if he's ready or not, when he's in a top team car

Maybe now that he left McLaren we'll start liking him As for Perez i think he has showed some brilliant performance this year. With a superior car he will challenge championships. For now he is not in the level of Fernando or Lewis though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Sauber have a better car this year than Merc, Nico lucked into the tyres in China, but apart from that, what have they done? Who's to say the Sauber next yar will be same, if not abit better than this years car. If he goes for a year, dont blame him.

But, Jaime Alguersuari maybe in running for that seat at Sauber, as Red Bull said they willing to cut ties to him for a race seat next year.
    But who's to say that Sauber won't struggle next year? Too much of a gamble is what I'm trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Maybe now that he left McLaren we'll start liking him As for Perez i think he has showed some brilliant performance this year. With a superior car he will challenge championships. For now he is not in the level of Fernando or Lewis though.
    Yeah......My likeness meter for Hamilton went up a bit hearing the news. No doubt he is a talented racer but it takes something to give up a championship winning team and car and move to a team which didn't have many success. But you can never predict anything in F1.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    But who's to say that Sauber won't struggle next year? Too much of a gamble is what I'm trying to say.
    Who's to say that Mercedes won't struggle next year?

Re-reading this, you'd almost think that a shocking Schumi move for a final year in red is not impossible. And Massa and Sauber are no strangers:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102663

Did Alonso's statement "Leaving McLaren was the best decision of my life" influenced Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    Re-reading this, you'd almost think that a shocking Schumi move for a final year in red is not impossible. And Massa and Sauber are no strangers:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102663
    That would be fantastic. Felipe staying in F1 and Michael getting proper final season, that he deserves. I hope this will turn out to be the case (as much as I like Felipe, Michael is the special one :)))

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    That would be fantastic. Felipe staying in F1 and Michael getting proper final season, that he deserves. I hope this will turn out to be the case (as much as I like Felipe, Michael is the special one :)))
    It's just a personal hypothesis of course, and only an observation.

As I said previously, I am sure that Massa will drive a Ferrari next year, and I'd personally be very happy with it, but with Perez moving on, unexpectedly, to Mclaren, this scenario is one some us can at least dream of

@LeeMcKenzieF1
    Lewis to Merc is the move we've been waiting for. Now the other driver moves will begin. It's the world's most expensive jig saw!
    So, who do you guys think should take Perez seat in Sauber?

I think Ferrari should try and get Jules Bianchi into that seat next year and see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    So, who do you guys think should take Perez seat in Sauber?

I think Ferrari should try and get Jules Bianchi into that seat next year and see what he can do.
    That would be a great option. But if he is good then we should act quickly next time.

Don't underestimate what Mercedes can do by having Lewis in the team and giving him the full support of the team. Lewis is one of the best driver out there (after Alonso ) although he may be a little erratic at times.

I'm sure our competitor thought Ferrari was a mid field team too when Schumi joined in 1997. Ferrari certainly wasn't a winning team at that moment. But look what happened after that. Schumi was given free reign in the team and he went on to win 5 world titles.

I believe this is what Ross Brawn is planning to do. Obviously he can't get Alonso out of Ferrari, so he go for the next best option that is Lewis and will give him whatever he wants to win.

But Michael retired in 2006 so Massa could have the drive, why would he take his drive now LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    But Michael retired in 2006 so Massa could have the drive, why would he take his drive now LOL
    I know It would all deppend on if Ferrari want's to keep Felipe or not for next year. It's just making me really sad seeing Michael being thrown out like that after what he achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Don't underestimate what Mercedes can do by having Lewis in the team and giving him the full support of the team. Lewis is one of the best driver out there (after Alonso ) although he may be a little erratic at times.

I'm sure our competitor thought Ferrari was a mid field team too when Schumi joined in 1997. Ferrari certainly wasn't a winning team at that moment. But look what happened after that. Schumi was given free reign in the team and he went on to win 5 world titles.

I believe this is what Ross Brawn is planning to do. Obviously he can't get Alonso out of Ferrari, so he go for the next best option that is Lewis and will give him whatever he wants to win.
    Well at the time, Ferrari were the only other team (apart from Benetton and Williams) who were winning races. We were clearly the 3rd best team, and were regularly able to get on the podium.

Lewi$ = Jacque$

$$$$$$
    Forza Ferrari

I know It would all deppend on if Ferrari want's to keep Felipe or not for next year. It's just making me really sad seeing Michael being thrown out like that after what he achieved.
    So we should take him when he is not good enough for Mercedes? Michael is a big boy, he does not need any pity.
    Forza Ferrari

BBC removed that line about Lulus nr1 status contract. Maybe someone from his management didn't like that

I'm a little disappointed for the move of checo to McLaren but It's a lot of fun reading McLaren funs swearing Ham and the other way around!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So we should take him when he is not good enough for Mercedes? Michael is a big boy, he does not need any pity.
    Mercedes is being dumb. They were unable to make fast and reliable car, so what did they expect? And by the way (I didn't want to say that) Ferrari forced Michael into early retirement by being so into Kimi (for 3 years?!!!). So it would be fitting to offer him a one last chance (only if Ferrari decides to get rid of Felipe, otherwise it wouldn't be cool of course)

We'll soon have Vettel on our team. So no need to be disappointed for Perez

Mercedes is being dumb. They were unable to make fast and reliable car, so what did they expect? And by the way (I didn't want to say that) Ferrari forced Michael into early retirement by being so into Kimi (for 3 years?!!!). So it would be fitting to offer him a one last chance (only if Ferrari decides to get rid of Felipe, otherwise it wouldn't be cool of course)
    Michael made his own decision to retire, he had a contract on the table from Ferrari, he decided to retire as hard as that seems for some to accept and would rather blame something else. Ferrari is not a charity if they are replacing Massa it needs to be for the right reasons and not just to give MS a pity drive.

MS will go to Sauber, they have history they started him off in sportscars, so it's fitting he gives them one year.
    Forza Ferrari