Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Italian GP: Friday & Saturday Practice Sessions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    That's not exactly right!!!!Remember last year with vettel!!!!!!!!Hes was slow in top speed and yet he dominate!!!!!!!!
    yes but it was insanely fast in the other parts of the track and starting from pole, we won't start from pole for sure and without top speed we'll never get in front. hope they'll find some speed tomorrow.

In which tire did alo set his lap? Because here:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102309 they say that he was on hard while the others was on mediums!!!!!!!
    yes his best was on hard iirc but the diff between the tires was not big.
    Forza Melanie C!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulpg87 View Post
    yes but it was insanely fast in the other parts of the track and starting from pole, we won't start from pole for sure and without top speed we'll never get in front. hope they'll find some speed tomorrow.
    Yes he start on pole but alo pass him and still he couldn't pull away dispite his top speed!!!!The thing is that top speed is not the only must have feature to win here!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MRRabbit View Post
    yes his best was on hard iirc but the diff between the tires was not big.
    bigger then 0,058s!!!!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

for sure he would have improved on his time had he not got the brake failure
    Forza Melanie C!

In which tire did alo set his lap? Because here:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102309 they say that he was on hard while the others was on mediums!!!!!!!
    Fernando was on hards.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

From today's press conference:

Horner: Fernando, for sure, is one of the all-time great drivers in Formula 1
    Boullier: I would say that Fernando is at the top of his form today.
    Fry: He's obviously an outstanding driver, isn't he? He's certainly at the top of his game this year.
    Kaltenborn: Fernando has been so consistent, always just bringing the car home and getting all those points. It's extremely impressive, the way he's doing it.

He's among the 8-10 best drivers of all time in my opinion but winning his third title would put him a bit higher up.

That's not exactly right!!!!Remember last year with vettel!!!!!!!!Hes was slow in top speed and yet he dominate!!!!!!!!
    Red Bull had an advantage because they had a massive diffuser performance. The whole idea of diffuser and ground effect is to generate downforce from underneath the car which doesn't result in aero drag, unlike wings. This allow them to reduce the wing downforce while other team would have lesser overall downforce if they were to run the same skinny wing as Red Bull. We have to and so the downforce level was massively different.

Without the diffuser advantage this year, anyone who wants to have massive downforce would seriously compromise their straight line speed that it may probably negates any advantage they gain in sector 2. We do not have that massive advantage in sector 2 to make up for the lack of straight line.

Italian GP: Ferrari Friday quotes

Fernando Alonso - 3rd: "Today almost everything happened, with various mechanical problems and we did not manage to test everything we wanted, but all the parts that failed can be changed and thanks to Felipe we have all the information we need to do well in qualifying and the race. Even if today was complicated, it was still positive: it's good that everything happened today, because we must try and avoid any problems tomorrow and Sunday. I am optimistic about the car balance, which we did not have to change between FP1 and 2. I expect we will see different strategies in qualifying because there seems to be very little difference between the Medium and Hard tyres. In the race we will have to use both and so in the end it balances out. Compared to Spa, here we are on the pace, maybe we have a bit more downforce and make up a bit of time at the two Lesmos and the second chicane, while we are losing out in the first sector with the two long straights. We will analyse these details this evening and tomorrow we will try and improve also in terms of top speed, which was probably our weak point today."

Felipe Massa - 4th: "A very positive day because I managed to make the most of the track time, completing all the programme we had planned for this Friday. I did a lot of laps on both types of tyre, in the morning and the afternoon, including a long run to evaluate the handling as well as possible. At the moment, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the two compounds in terms of performance, as we could also see from the other drivers' times, but we will have to see how it goes tomorrow, because the difference could become greater as the track conditions improve, which will be an important factor for qualifying and the race. I am also pleased with my lap times, as I was always up there with the quickest cars in both sessions. We will be trying to improve the car set-up still further tomorrow, but I am confident for the rest of the weekend. I am very pleased to be here in Monza in front of our fans and I really hope that this positive day is the right start to get a great result for them!"

Pat Fry: "The mechanics definitely did not have time to get bored today! We had various reliability problems on Fernando's car that meant he was unable to get through his planned programme. It's very unusual for us to have three problems in three separate areas - engine, brakes and gearbox – on the same day, therefore we will have to look very closely at what happened, to ensure it doesn't happen again. As far as the gearbox and engine are concerned, they were units we were not planning to use in the race, so we will not incur any penalties tomorrow. For his part, Felipe managed to do a lot of kilometres and gathered important data for the team, both on the different aerodynamic configurations and on the behaviour of the two compounds – Hard and Medium – which Pirelli has chosen for this race. From what we could see, the field is very close and adopting the right level of aero downforce will be a key factor in qualifying and the race. As for the tyres, it's hard to say from what we saw today which performs better: we still have an hour of free practice tomorrow to find out."
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Sector times put Ferrari on top at Monza

McLaren headed the practice times on Friday ahead of the Italian Grand Prix.

But Lewis Hamilton, who set the day’s fastest time, was just 0.058s quicker than Fernando Alonso over their best laps.

And on sector times, Ferrari had the edge. Felipe Massa’s three best sector times put him one tenth of a second faster than Hamilton, and he was almost matched by Alonso.

The times show Ferrari have a quick car for their home race – and underline how close the front-runners are at Monza.

Jenson Button said: “Looking at the data, there are quite a few teams out there that look quick too: it’s very close and that’s going to make it an interesting race.”

Sector times and ultimate lap times – second practice - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/09/0...tice-analysis/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Alonso out on track. 5 place grid penalty for PdR

You can sense the exciting atmosphere of Monza just watching on TV. Also a certain Mr Alesi being there is nice too
    Forza Jules

Finally Massa and Alonso rolling out
    Lets see what we can do

Interesting to see them overtaking one another before Ascari like 3 times in a row. What for ?
    Ferrari per sempre !

I would like to see Felipe and Fernando to the podium on Sunday... And lets hope Vettel has some problems

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    Interesting to see them overtaking one another before Ascari like 3 times in a row. What for ?
    Its very entertaining

Ferrari is looking good
    Forza Melanie C!

Looks like Ferrari will be playing the tow game in qual then
    Forza Ferrari

Re: 2012 Italian GP: Friday & Saturday Practice Sessions Thread

Absolutely mighty in the final sector.
    SCUDERIA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    Slipstream, I suppose. :)

Looks like the car is getting much quicker than the others out of Parabolica. Good ! Fernando made a small mistake on his last lap inside the corner, but still gained 0.2.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by F1si View Post
    Slipstream, I suppose. :)
    I thought about that. But you can clearly see that they were quite far for a good slipstream and the one ahead just slows down before the corner letting the one from behind get ahead.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Ferrari said they were reasonably happy with the balance, just want to improve the top speed.

Luca Di is getting about
    Forza Ferrari

well mclaren is cleary superior and i hate this situation for monza, for the race i hope in a podium, we keep loosing 6km/h in top speed, is a lot for the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulpg87 View Post
    well mclaren is cleary superior and i hate this situation for monza, for the race i hope in a podium, we keep loosing 6km/h in top speed, is a lot for the race.
    Alonso sits P1, and we will not even be running full engine yet.
    Forza Ferrari

Luca's on a fraternizing spree :D