Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luca di Montezemolo: Sergio Perez 'not ready' for Ferrari switch

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Stop reading autosport.
    Actually i'm not!!!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Actually i'm not!!!!!!!!!!
    Not? Well i do, for the amusement. Especially when Fernando won a race.

Anyway, back to topic, when Monte says Perez is not ready then he is not ready, he will have his reasons. What is the discussion actually about?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Not? Well i do, for the amusement. Especially when Fernando won a race.

Anyway, back to topic, when Monte says Perez is not ready then he is not ready, he will have his reasons. What is the discussion actually about?
    Just saying that leaving perez go to Mclaren would be a mystake cause he has shown that he is a very good driver!!!!!!Anyway time will tell!!!!Let's hope that our next No2 driver(even if he's Massa again)will start delivering close to Alo!!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Just saying that leaving perez go to Mclaren would be a mystake cause he has shown that he is a very good driver!!!!!!Anyway time will tell!!!!Let's hope that our next No2 driver(even if he's Massa again)will start delivering close to Alo!!!!!!!!!

Please cut down on the use of the ! button.

!!!!!!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Ok.
    Sorry.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Yeah, if you break it, Lou has to fix it.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Ok.
    Sorry.
    Thanks!!!!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

hello everybody!
    i hope perez gets "ready for ferrari switch" soon... a mexican driving a ferrari, oh yeah, i'd like that!
    "Per le vittorie, come per le auto, le piu belle sono sempre quelle che devono venire"

- Giovanni Agnelli.

Sergio Perez has joined McLaren on a "multi-year deal" with Lewis Hamilton leaving the Woking marque.
    "Per le vittorie, come per le auto, le piu belle sono sempre quelle che devono venire"

- Giovanni Agnelli.

old news already
    not gonna change my profile picture

Luca are you ready for Perez now .... idiot let this great driver slip through our fingers into McLaren

Idiot? you think Ferrari did not know more than us with him being in the academy?
    Forza Ferrari

I reckon Perez will win a title within 3 years with McLaren, i wanted him in a ferrari. feel robbed

Why is everyone having knee jerk reactions to the fact we didn't sign him and Mclaren did? By the look of it they only signed him because they had no other real option for Lewis's empty seat. I don't believe we really know what Perez is capable of yet or if he is ready. His best results have a habit of coming from being on an alternate strategy more than outright speed. We have Fernando anyway, so why do we need anyone else to win the WDC?

Quote Originally Posted by Red passion View Post
    I reckon Perez will win a title within 3 years with McLaren, i wanted him in a ferrari. feel robbed
    Go support him at McLaren then if he means that much to you?
    Forza Ferrari

Patience and your dream may true.

While he is showing his talent,He is still raw and has a lot to learn.

If you look back at McLaren's history, drivers dont stay there for too long.

So if he keeps showing the talent and can show all the attributes needed by a top F1 driver he will arrive at Ferrari in good time
    Its all in the name - FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Why is everyone having knee jerk reactions to the fact we didn't sign him and Mclaren did? By the look of it they only signed him because they had no other real option for Lewis's empty seat. I don't believe we really know what Perez is capable of yet or if he is ready. His best results have a habit of coming from being on an alternate strategy more than outright speed. We have Fernando anyway, so why do we need anyone else to win the WDC?
    I agree,and he's been clobbered by Kobayashi in qualifying. He never really has shown any evidence of outright pace unlike Vettel in 2008 or Raikkonen and Alonso back in 2001. I think he's highly overrated and even a mediocre driver like Button will make mincemeat of him.

I do not understand all this hype about Perez. Does a few eye-catching results in a very good car(the Sauber is so aerodynamically good that its sidepod and wing designs have been copied by the MCcheats) merit a drive with a top team?? Has anybody seen how pathetic his qualifying performances have been this year?? How many podiums would he have had sans the top ten tyre rule??

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    @redpassion : Are you more of a Perez fan than a Ferrari fan??

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

What a stupid thing to say mate. Luca has made a mistake or Mclaren has.

Quote Originally Posted by SoumyaBanerjee View Post
    I agree,and he's been clobbered by Kobayashi in qualifying. He never really has shown any evidence of outright pace unlike Vettel in 2008 or Raikkonen and Alonso back in 2001. I think he's highly overrated and even a mediocre driver like Button will make mincemeat of him.
    No points are given for qualifying.

He has more than 30 points ahead of Koby. That's what counts. We Ferrari fans should know this better than anyone else. Alonso only took 2 poles this year, and only won once from pole. Qualifying have been difficult for Ferrari and yet Alonso is leading the WDC.

Sounds like you are just trying to find something negative to say about him knowing pretty well qualifying is not all that matters.

Thread: Luca di Montezemolo: Sergio Perez 'not ready' for Ferrari switch

Agree.

He is a good driver, but he would get clobbered by Alonso. His reputation will have been ruined.

And last time I checked, Vettel > Perez?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Same here...and us with massa...that's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post

WCC doesnt mean to us, right? get a grip man...Fernando cant bring us a WCC by himself.

Obviously McLaren thought different about Perez, but with their 'reputation' for driver mismanagement i wouldn't count too much on their opinions. And Perez might even get trampled over by Button who quietly succeeded (the man is such a weasel) in bringing the team behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    He is a good driver, but he would get clobbered by Alonso. His reputation will have been ruined.

And last time I checked, Vettel > Perez?
    Of course Vettel is much better than Perez, he's proven, and in his prime at the moment to win more championships. And that could be a problem too you see. Someone like Vettel wants to be #1 too, he wants to be fighting for the championship with the full backing from the team like what he's getting at Red Bull. He's Red Bull's golden boy at the moment. So why would he want to come over to Ferrari when Ferrari already have a #1.

I may be wrong and Luca DM may somehow convince him to join Ferrari in 2014, but at the moment, its hard to imagine what can Ferrari offer to bring him over.

Perez on the other hand is only 22 years old. Sure he's not a championship driver at the moment, but we have Alonso, and what's important is not what Perez can do next year or the following year. Its what he can do when the time comes for him to fill Alonso's shoe. For that reason, Perez is more than willing to go to Ferrari or McLaren where he knows he will have to support his team mate. Both Alonso and Button will be the one fighting for the title next year, and I'm sure Perez knew that when he join McLaren. If Perez wanted #1, he would have stayed in Sauber. But he's in no hurry to win the championship. He hasn't even won a race yet.

Quote Originally Posted by red power View Post
    What a stupid thing to say mate. Luca has made a mistake or Mclaren has.
    Calling Luca an idiot is the stupid thing to say. Maybe it was not Luca that made such a decision, maybe Perez did not want to come to Ferrari, maybe Stefano did not want Perez at Ferrari.

But if someone feels that strongly about a driver then they should go support them.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    WCC doesnt mean to us, right? get a grip man...Fernando cant bring us a WCC by himself.

The original post I replied to was about Perez winning a title and wasn't about the WCC.

Even so I don't see how it makes the other points about his capabilities invalid.
    Last edited by Sianellen; 29th September 2012 at 09:14. Reason: spelling

People need to calm down. He could still end up at Ferrari somewhere along the line. What if he had a choice between driving for us or McLaren? If he did, what do you reckon was more tempting - being a number 2 here or having equal status with Button? Maybe the lure of Ferrari isn't enough for every driver. Not to mention that it's also plausible that Alonso didn't want him as a teammate. We just don't know. Clearly this McLaren deal isn't something that has happened out of the blue, it must have been going on at least since the summer break - if Ferrari really wanted him and had an inkling that he was talking to McLaren, then surely they would have swooped to get him.

I like him but I have only really noticed him during races when the Sauber has been able to make different tyre strategies. Let him go to McLaren and learn how to work in a top team for a couple of seasons. If he does well and it's meant to be, he'll end up with us at some point.
    Forza Jules