Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: US F1 tv coverage sold to NBC for 2013. F1 on Speed RIP

This is a link that shows all scheduled Practice, Qualifying & Race dates & times for the US.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/510407...-motor_sports/

Quote Originally Posted by budaman View Post
    This is a link that shows all scheduled Practice, Qualifying & Race dates & times for the US.

Thank you very much, amico mio!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Thanks so much budaman! Now I have to determine the channels they'll air on
    COMCAST cable in DC/Maryland area. Next week-end is almost here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by budaman View Post

Thanks. But are these times adjusted for DST?

Those will be the times based on Eastern Time Zone. DST is factored in between tomorrow morning, March 10 thru Nov. 3, when it ends. So, tomorrow morning at 2AM we will spring forward 1 hr.

Isn't NBC streaming coverage as well?

NBC Sports Digital has also beefed up its coverage with the recently launched MotorSportsTalk on NBCSports.com, and will add live streaming of both F1 and IndyCar later this season on NBC Sports Live Extra via TV Everywhere.

http://www.newser.com/article/da510d...-platform.html

Guess the live stream won't be happening until later in the season.
    Forza Ferrari!!

NBC Coverage isn't showing in Canada. What a rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    NBC Coverage isn't showing in Canada. What a rip off.
    TSN carries all the races.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    TSN carries all the races.
    Thank you TSN!!

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    Thank you TSN!!
    I know!!! This will be a rough race to watch though....1:55 am But there is no way I am missing the first race of the season!

~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I know!!! This will be a rough race to watch though....1:55 am But there is no way I am missing the first race of the season!

I ALWAYS get up, NO matter what time it is!!
    The "only" race I've ever missed is the one (in Barcelona) on Mother's Day, because I do the Hospital for Sick Kids "Meagan's Walk"!
    (((which got moved to the Saturdays as of last year!! -- providence!! ))

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    I ALWAYS get up, NO matter what time it is!!
    The "only" race I've ever missed is the one (in Barcelona) on Mother's Day, because I do the Hospital for Sick Kids "Meagan's Walk"!
    (((which got moved to the Saturdays as of last year!! -- providence!! ))
    Nice! Same here...I will not miss any race!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

So my current cable supplier (suddenlink) doesn't offer NBC Sports Network at this time.My girlfriend has DISH Network and is recording the F1 stuff so will get to see it eventually. I have the iphone F1 2013 ap, pretty cool. Lot of info on it. I tried to watch Live timing on the F1 web site on my mac and it wont load? guess there is a problem with apple products running java script? Still trying to figure that out. If anyone has any information on that let me know please. I usually watch the live timing on the F1 site and read the commentary from the autosport site.

So I ended up finding a link for the SKY TV coverage, took me awhile to get through all the pop up adds but when I went to full screen I watched all of second practice, the post practice analysis with Damon Hill, Johnny Herbert and the other guy(sorry don't know his name) also comments from Seb and Mark. Then got to watch the Team Principles interview after that! Awesome coverage! SKY Viewers have it made. Hope that link works again for FP3 and Qualiy! Would love to sign up for the SKY coverage but don't think I can as I am in the US.

I could not find any NBC streaming coverage, really disappointed in their coverage so far. At least speed streamed FP 1 & 3. Enjoyed watching those with no commentary. Cant understand why NBC isn't starting streaming coverage now, the season has started! If anyone has an easy way to get a message to NBC please let me know. Would like to let them know what I think of their coverage.

Any information or tips would be helpful
    Thanks
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    NBC Sports Digital has also beefed up its coverage with the recently launched MotorSportsTalk on NBCSports.com, and will add live streaming of both F1 and IndyCar later this season on NBC Sports Live Extra via TV Everywhere.

http://www.newser.com/article/da510d...-platform.html

Guess the live stream won't be happening until later in the season.
    Thanks for that. I winder if that will be free for us. I don't have cable in my apartment or satellite. I hope it will be.

When the hell did varsha join NBC? I liked diffey!

Quote Originally Posted by bkircher View Post
    When the hell did varsha join NBC? I liked diffey!
    I have a feeling that it might have been over experience? i do't know much about diffey and i liked him from oz, but then again F1 is so technical that at the long run you can't have someone who hasn't been running with the show for a good amount of time.

I get a feeling NBC will be broadcasting this on NBC main channel sooner or later. the sport really has come to life with all the overtaking.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

Varsha didn't join NBC, he stood in for Diffey since he was doing the Indy broadcast. Varsha will also be doing Spa and Korea this year.

I personally like Varsha better. And it is better to have an American voice when they are trying to sell F1 to the American people. Regardless, I think Varsha is a better commentator and more knowledgeable.
    Forza Ferrari!!

I just think the broadcast flow more with Bob. Steve, David and Bob have good chemistry and they sound more like buddies watching a race. With Leigh it sounds too professional. Just my 2 cents.
    Forza Ferrari!!