Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some pictures from Austin-USA

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Here's an interesting statistical pattern...

2008 inaugural Singapore GP: Alonso wins
    2009 inaugural Abu Dhabi GP: Vettel wins
    2010 inaugural Korean GP: Alonso wins
    2011 inaugural Indian GP: Vettel wins
    2012 inaugural Texas GP: ?

In Korea 2010, Vettel was winning comfortably before he had an engine failure.

That means that all the last three "new" tracks were dominated by RBR.

Anyway, Forza Fernando and Forza Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    Have a great time
    Report back please. It looks very exciting!!
    Hope you have a GREAT time. I remember seeing my first Ferrari win when I was on a track... Hungaroring 1998... That one was epic!

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    can anyone spot new upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Here's an interesting statistical pattern...

2008 inaugural Singapore GP: Alonso wins
    2009 inaugural Abu Dhabi GP: Vettel wins
    2010 inaugural Korean GP: Alonso wins
    2011 inaugural Indian GP: Vettel wins
    2012 inaugural Texas GP: ?

Don't forget
    2008 inaugural Valencia Massa wins

Forza Jules

23231_primo_alonso,_terzo_vettel__ad_austin_fanno_le_prove____.jpgThe equipment seems to favour us Look at this picture from Austin, probably taken while they were doiing a race simulation and testing equipment.
    According to this, Sunday at 14.31 local time, on lap 10 Alonso will be in the no.1 position, Vettel third.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Don't forget
    2008 inaugural Valencia Massa wins
    lol, I believe the intention was to compare between Alonso and Vettel and highlight what appears to be a pattern between both drivers in winning on a new race track. If you include Massa then you break the pattern, its becomes random and nothing interesting to see in random stats.

There are some clouds at the sky

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    lol, I believe the intention was to compare between Alonso and Vettel and highlight what appears to be a pattern between both drivers in winning on a new race track. If you include Massa then you break the pattern, its becomes random and nothing interesting to see in random stats.
    Random stats? Come on now, that was an elaborate scientific work that I had to carry out to get this statistical pattern. I'm going to be nominated for a Nobel prize for this huge scientific project.

New FW under the cover ???

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post

Woohooo...this looks promising!
    Especially that covered up FW looks very exciting. Can't wait for FP to start already!

But you really should've posted these pics in the "F2012 Development thread".

United States GP: Mark Webber fears weather could hurt Red Bull
    By Jonathan Noble Thursday, November 15th 2012, 19:12 GMT

Mark Webber thinks the lower than expected temperatures in Austin could be the biggest hindrance for Red Bull at this weekend's United States Grand Prix.

Following a recent warm spell in the city, the temperatures have reverted to their more usual autumnal lows this week - and it is much cooler than Formula 1 teams have experienced at recent venues.

With tyre temperatures having been such an important factor in the battle for victories this season, the cooler conditions could deliver a decisive swing in the tight battle at the front of the field.

Red Bull's car is believed to operate at a warmer tyre operating window than title rival Ferrari, so cooler conditions will hurt it more.

The temperature problem is also exacerbated by the fact that Pirelli has opted to bring the medium and hard tyres to the United States – which operate in a much warmer window compared to the super softs and softs.

I think it is great that F1 and the folks at COTA are excited about bringing Grand Prix to America, and that they hope to attract lots of auto racing fan interest. But, did they not realize that they have scheduled the USGP for exactly the same time as the final and deciding race of the NASCAR championship. Die hard NASCAR fans won't be tempted to watch F1, and lots of fans who like both will be channel hopping so they can watch both. If they had only looked at the calendar, F1 might have had a better chance of reaching more race fans than they would for a typical Aisian or European GP.

I like both forms of racing, so I'll have F1 Live Timing on my laptop and will switch to NASCAR during the F1 commercials, then watch the finish of the NASCAR race after the GP finishes. Now I hope both my guys win.

any chance of rain guys?

I guess Fernando has put the past behind him.....he might be forgiving but I'm not.....
    Grosjean

https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/stat...444736/photo/1

i could be wrong, but this track seems to have a middle sector that is a nightmare for our car and the get-out-of-jail card for RBR.
    The rest is clearly high speed, so may not be that much of a worry.
    Silently, like a shadow

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Cheers Rob great video.

Just a couple of hours away from FP1. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Can't wait !

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Great sound track too!

Fearing that we might really suffer with tire warming here. RBR are concerned about it, so think where we stand here. Also we got the two hardest tires here. Guessing that we might have a lot of problems in the quali here

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    Fearing that we might really suffer with tire warming here. RBR are concerned about it, so think where we stand here. Also we got the two hardest tires here. Guessing that we might have a lot of problems in the quali here
    We should be good in warming the tyres. That's why we went so good in wet. The question of course is, if it's still the case.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    We should be good in warming the tyres. That's why we went so good in wet. The question of course is, if it's still the case.
    I don't think wet tires need warming up that much, since they are design to run in cooler temperature, and probably have a larger range.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I don't think wet tires need warming up that much, since they are design to run in cooler temperature, and probably have a larger range.
    Ferrari's huge advantage in Malaysia and other tracks with wet conditions was good warming wet and intermediate tyres. Other teams had huge problems with keeping their tyres on optimal temperature. Especially in qualifying when there isn't much time or laps to heat them.
    But it was long time ago when we had last wet race and other teams brought updates, so who knows what is situation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    F2012 gets it's tyres to function better in colder conditions and RB8 functions best in hotter conditions. The colder conditions hurt Red Cow more than us, that's why they're so concerned.
    "Red Bull's car is believed to operate at a warmer tyre operating window than title rival Ferrari, so cooler conditions will hurt it more."
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104248

Holy crap am I sunburnt.

Sitting at turn 11 on the exit of the turn. Took around 900 photos at P1 and P2. Not sure how to post them since the WiFi in the hotel is... Let's just say less that desirable.

Camera also having a problem with the autofocus. Of course, after traveling 1700+ miles it starts to mess up. We'll see what I get when I get home on Monday.

Our boys looks pretty good. The McLarens seem to be locking up into T11 a lot but not so much with us. We also look more stable at the entry to the turn under heavy fuel, the RedBulls seem to understear into it. We do seem to spin more on the exit which could be a problem getting a good run on the strait.