Thread: Jenson Button wants Fernando to win the 2012 WDC

Jenson Button wants Fernando to win the 2012 WDC

McLaren's Jenson Button said he would rather Ferrari's Fernando Alonso won the title this year than his rival Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull.

Asked if he was bothered who won, Button said: "Fernando has been the most consistent this year.

"We all know how important that is, so probably Fernando. Just because he hasn't really made any mistakes."

Alonso's Ferrari started the season 1.5 seconds off the pace. It has improved since then but has never been the quickest car in the dry, yet the Spaniard, a two-time champion, has produced what he himself says is his best season to stay in contention throughout the year.

Button said: "I said after the first race I don't think he's got a chance, and I didn't think he did. He was a second off in qualifying, or even more. [Ferrari] have done a good job and he's obviously done a great job as well.

"He's been consistently quick and done a very good job in the car he has.

"Seb has been more inconsistent. The last few races he has been fantastic, with a great car.

"If you look at the season as a whole, consistency really does mean a lot and it's good to see that Fernando has been that good at every race.

"Very impressive, actually, to see that performance at every race."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20452607

Lol, seems like the entire grid apart from those Toro Rosso guys and maybe lotus want Alonso to win.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

So we can't make fun of him anymore?.

Nice of Jenson after what he said earlier in the year, but at least he's honest and maybe will do a Lewis for us in Brazil if necessary, although I doubt Ron would like it!

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Lol, seems like the entire grid apart from those Toro Rosso guys and maybe lotus want Alonso to win.
    It was funny to see Lewis's smile and say "That's great! Good for him!" after Martin Brundle told him that Alonso had moved to the clean side of the grid. Pretty obvious who Lewis wants to win.

I went to Austin last weekend and there was a group of us, all supporting different drivers but we all wanted Alonso to win the title and none of us liked Lewis (and that included the Mclaren fans!) Nvertheless we all cheered when Lewis overtook Seb!

I think its because most people are impressed by what Alonso and Ferrari have achieved this year. Since Malaysia, we've consistently been fighting for the title although we've never had the fastest car, while Vettel only came into the hunt once Newey fixed the Red Bull car and made it the fastest.

This really highlights the difference between Vettel and Alonso, and people are just echoing that. Anyone who look at it from a neutral stand point can clearly see they are two very different drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I think its because most people are impressed by what Alonso and Ferrari have achieved this year. Since Malaysia, we've consistently been fighting for the title although we've never had the fastest car, while Vettel only came into the hunt once Newey fixed the Red Bull car and made it the fastest.

This really highlights the difference between Vettel and Alonso, and people are just echoing that. Anyone who look at it from a neutral stand point can clearly see they are two very different drivers.
    It says a lot that McLaren, who are our biggest rivals want Alonso to win. I like Hamilton now, and back in 2010 that seemed like a ridiculous prediction.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

It says a lot that McLaren, who are our biggest rivals want Alonso to win. I like Hamilton now, and back in 2010 that seemed like a ridiculous prediction.
    Ever since Ron Dennis stop running McLaren team, they seems to have change, even their drivers like Lewis have change. They are a much more likable team now without Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Ever since Ron Dennis stop running McLaren team, they seems to have change, even their drivers like Lewis have change. They are a much more likable team now without Ron.
    Lewis is a cool guy. Like I have said, he is now one of my favourite drives, while back in 2010 i thought he was a ****.

Might change my avatar to a pic of him to shock people

I'm getting the feeling from all those comments that the general attitude in the Paddock seems to be 'anyone but Vettel'. He might even develop some inferiority complex over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    I'm getting the feeling from all those comments that the general attitude in the Paddock seems to be 'anyone but Vettel'. He might even develop some inferiority complex over that.
    Exactly people like Ham,Rai and even Button who are really skilled drivers must be getting frustrated now given mclaren are fast...
    with the same person winning each year....

Even if Vettel wins the 2012 WDC he should be ASHAMED of himself................everyone is saying that he does not deserve it........
    putting out pole laps in that red bull is as easy as playing the codemasters game.....Anyone could do that........

I ALMOST feel sorry for Vettel. I'm sure it's eating away at him.

Disappointed Since 2010

Funny to hear from Button LOL. I thought he said at the beginning of the season that Fernando wasn't a problem haha. He changes his mind quickly then . So jenson hold him up in the race if you are in the position you can!

Jenson Button wants Fernando to win the 2012 WDC

Quote Originally Posted by varun View Post
    Exactly people like Ham,Rai and even Button who are really skilled drivers must be getting frustrated now given mclaren are fast...
    with the same person winning each year....

Even if Vettel wins the 2012 WDC he should be ASHAMED of himself................everyone is saying that he does not deserve it........
    putting out pole laps in that red bull is as easy as playing the codemasters game.....Anyone could do that........
    Nobody said he does not deserve it, they said its Alonso who deserves more..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I ALMOST feel sorry for Vettel. I'm sure it's eating away at him.
    Why? It isnt him, 90% the car. He lucked into with Lewis retirement. And since Suzuka he has had the car underneath him. He wasnt really anywhere near the front in quali and races before that, as he didnt like the handling of the car. Since Newey and the team changed it he up front, again.

Fact is, Fernando`its been 95% drive Most if not all drivers on grid would admit that Fernando deserves it more.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Anyone who has read my previous on Ramilton will know I do not think a lot of him, I am still not convinced he has the full skill set to become one of the greatest drivers.
    [B]BUT[/B] I really enjoyed the way he hunted down Vettel in Austin and I cheered very loudly when he passed him. It was great to see Vettel under some pressure again.

And if the majority of the grid are seriously against Vettel winning the WDC this year, then the last race in Brazil could be a thriller.

It is good to see Jenson Button revising his opinion on who he would like to see winning the title, I have allways had a lot of respect for him over the years.

Tomorrow is going to be one of the most interesting races of the season.

Come On Fernando, Massa and the team lets give every one what they want

Its all in the name - FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by varun View Post
    Don't worry about that
    Vettel has Marko who tells him he deserves it
    and Marko has Vettel who tells him that they deserved it ...

and both lived long and happy together 'til the end of the bull ...