Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Winter Boredom/Off season Thread!

I only played F1-2012 with a G27 at the austin race track, but it had tons of aids on. I am sim racer, games like rFactor or iRacing. How does F1-2012 compare in terms of physics?

Not as good as either. It's more of a SimCade but still pretty Sim. There are no DNFs. There is a very small penalty for an accident or losing a wing. The whole was it is set up is cool. I do full weekend as have my practice session and full quali. 25% race distance. The cornering and setup and tire factor is pretty real. I just wish there was a full damage mode.
    Forza Ferrari!!

The only bad side to the online, is that the race is decided on the first corner... Someone will always get away Scott free and cruise it the win, while others get smashed from everywhere, and you're facing the wrong way... Also the penalty system is stupid, you get penalties for others smashing into you -.- but I still love the game!

No NHL this year and F1 is done. Football (American) will last only until February, then only a month and a half until F1 starts again!

im bored already, and will get even more bored when serie A has the christmas break.

Yeah but at least we have the Premiership too!

You are right FerrariFanBoii. And also the Dutch Eredivisie LOL. Not very good football but always excitement. But my team isn't doing really good at all and maybe deteriorate out of Eredivisie if they don't start to win matches!

Quote Originally Posted by 996 GT1 Lover View Post
    No NHL this year
    Thought I heard that the players and contractors are in considerations to start negotiations again, it may not be all over

Meh, it could be worse, you could be a Jets fan like me! Lol
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by 996 GT1 Lover View Post
    No NHL this year and F1 is done. Football (American) will last only until February, then only a month and a half until F1 starts again!

Watch calcio.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Thank Goodness the F1 offseason is quite short compared to other sports so I will take this time to watch the NFL and soon as that is done it will be winter testing time!

Imagine if the F1 offseason was as long as the NFL, we wouldn't have a race until June!!!!
    Forza Ferrari!!

Not going to count the days untill the Australian GP. I did that before in previous seasons but there is enough to do in the meantime and also it feels like it takes longer if you only think of how many days untill...Besides that winter testing is also a very nice time of the year so i look forward to that as well.

Besides the usual, I'll probably rewatch some races from the past. Also looking forward to Felipe's kart event in January

Is the kart race of Felipe broadcasted? I cant remember i have seen footage of it ever from other years on youtube or so?

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    Thank Goodness the F1 offseason is quite short
    Goodness schmoudness, I want my 24/7 F1 series. GET IT DONE BERNIE!!

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Stay away from german TV news for the coming weeks as i already did the last 2 years, and forbid my family to mention Vettels name as well. Unfortunately they are happy he won. *blech*
    Hahaha... I have family in Germany and I don't even want to talk to them for a while, a long long while.

My brother in law isn't a big F1 fan but I know he'll bring the conversation about Vettel/Alonso and of course his team BVB beat mine Real Madrid will be part of our Christmas conversations.

I remember when the NHL was in lock out in 2005, we were in Canada and were gonna try and see the Maple Leafs

Some of us old boys don't have all these technical playthings to keep us amused through the winter, so it'll have to be trawling TSN daily for my amusement. So no doubt there'll be a lot of rubbish being posted by wisepie, for want of something better to do! Grazie.

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Is the kart race of Felipe broadcasted? I cant remember i have seen footage of it ever from other years on youtube or so?
    You can usually get a stream online somewhere.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by varun View Post

but how to make up for no F1 action...
    playing F12012 codemasters i gues...
    And I just got the Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 wheel for it.
    Cheers,
    Ray

"Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 racing belongs to Ferrari."-Dan Niel, LA Times

Does anybody know which date exactly the felipe massa kart race will be held?

Forza Jules

Thanks Suzie. Looking forward to the event and hoping that i will get a live stream of the race

btw guys...is there any site where we can get to see WINTER TESTING at jerez,barcelona online and LIVE???
    or just have to stay satisfied with Lap time?

btw guys...is there any site where we can get to see WINTER TESTING at jerez,barcelona online and LIVE???
    Only live timing mate.

There has never been any winter testing 'livestream' so i guess not.

That's a shame. So we have to wait till March before we can see live action agian of Formula 1 cars

Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

Very funny M.K. . I have an Iphone myself so i will be very carefull now to use the GPS MAPS LOL. Thanks for the ''indirect'' advice not to use it