Thread: A quiet farewell for HRT

A quiet farewell for HRT

http://en.espnf1.com/brazil/motorspo...tml?CMP=chrome

While the media clustered around Sebastian Vettel in the aftermath of the Brazilian Grand Prix, the HRT team quietly started to pack up for what most believe will be the last time.

Since HRT's Spanish owners announced it was up for sale a fortnight ago there has been no indication of any potential buyers sniffing round. Although the licence to compete in 2013 has been bought, other assets are thin on the ground. Development on the 2013 HRT has been stopped and without a car to put on the grid and the need to take on a base in Spain, the appeal to would-be owners is almost non existent

The bankers who bought the team in July 2011, seemingly under the impression they could turn it into a profit-making enterprise, gave HRT little time to turn things round especially considering it was already a shoestring operation at the time of the acquisition. It was probably foolish in the current climate to expect bankers to be the saviours of anything. Now they have called time and without the possibility of a new owner HRT will have slipped quietly into F1 history by the time the teams reassemble in Australia in March.

To their credit the team kept going to the end even though more than 30 of them were let go at the same time the for sale signs were put up. Earlier in the week one of those remaining told Spanish daily Marca: "We are unemployed and available".

If it is the end then at least HRT had the satisfaction of seeing both cars finish at Interlagos, albeit more than a lap behind the nearest car.
    Bye Bye HRT! No more 'cucumber' for Seb next season

Year 2000: R.I.P Formula 1

It is a real pity there is no interest from any corner to take over the team.

I had hoped that possibly a car maker might have taken the chance to for a quick intro into F1. and worked on from there.
    Its all in the name - FERRARI

I think Ferrari should have thought of buying them. RB has 2(actually 3,if one counts Webber) testing mules available,so why shouldnt Ferrari be thinking along similar lines???

Quote Originally Posted by SoumyaBanerjee View Post
    I think Ferrari should have thought of buying them. RB has 2(actually 3,if one counts Webber) testing mules available,so why shouldnt Ferrari be thinking along similar lines???
    lol

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

serious question:
    would it be allowed by FIA rules to buy HRT by Ferrari and give them a name like Piccolo Cavallo Minardi (powered by Ferrari) ... give them the actual layout of the car ... use this as a playground for young engineers to work out their theories and ideas ... every round would also be a test kilometer for Ferrari too ... and you could also test new drivers from Ferrari driver school ... and of course find new Neweys, new Brawns and so on as they are not in the full pressure of being at Ferrari ...

would this be allowed? Especially in terms of give them the actual layout and data of the F2012 for further purpose ...

^ I dont see why not..thats what Toro Rosso are for RB. Appears that way anyway. Thats actually a good idea, but
    I dont see Ferrari wanting to take on that sort of expense. Now, Fiat can do it, run it under the Alfa banner. Id love to
    see Alfa back in F1. Even if they r simply a test mule team. However, when they r testing parts that work, they would be
    winning points, AND taking them away from our rivals.

I have to add, It is sad to see HRT or any new team not make it. There have been many.

Quote Originally Posted by SoumyaBanerjee View Post
    I do agree Ferrari should buy HRT, as many have already said on the forum its a win win situation.

for the decision makers: I would offer to make the garage and box cleaner for one year for free ...
    only hotel and flights and sometimes a burger and a orange juice ... nothing more ... if interested ... contact me per PM ...

Yes, Ferrari certainly own a second F1 Team and call it Alfa Romeo F1! That would be a big boost to that Brand which they need badly!

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

It's too bad to see them go, but that is mainly for what I think would be a most interesting project. I always thought the teams like Minardi's and HRT's had such huge potential to improve dramatically year after year. But the low low budgets seem to only support a launch car and then virtually no development during the season, or any real planning for the following years car.

You guys do present some great ideas though. Alfa, Fiat, Maserati, all could be exciting Ferrari B team cars.

Historically I can't see the Italian fans allowing/supporting a Ferrari based team called Alfa or Maserati, too much past rivalry there! However the Fiat name might work? the new 1,400cc engines will be virtually Fiat ones anyway!! Could lead to a V12 Punto?

HRT 80 people working
    Marussia 160 people working

Very few people for an F1 team even for today's standards.

That new Ferrari team idea would be great, problem is money. Surely there would be some sponsors interested in the project but that's not enough I guess.

Cisitalia F1.
    Fiat group buy the name and make an affordable brand of sports cars. like the originals were.