Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pedro De la Rosa at Ferrari

Has it been confirmed which engines Force India will be using from 2014? Can we expect to see them using Ferrari engines and Jules? And what about Marussia with Merc engines now that they have some techinical arrangement with Mclaren? Not quite on topic for this thread but Pedro's input should be very valuable for the Scuderia, especially as he's got his Mclaren experience to compare it with.
    Last edited by wisepie; 26th January 2013 at 11:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiga View Post
    I have to say that I am totally lost at this reference.
    Me too
    "Michael showed that he is the greatest. He stole the show today. And he did that without even winning the race." comments from Willi Weber
    D:\estelle\My Folders\F1 Photos\Avitars\e960c1b2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_gal View Post
    Me too
    Spygate 2007, remember?
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Spygate 2007, remember?
    I do remember Spygate, and I am still trying to figure out why the reference to De la Rosa being great at photocopying?

Quote Originally Posted by Meiga View Post
    I do remember Spygate, and I am still trying to figure out why the reference to De la Rosa being great at photocopying?
    I wondered that as well... I would have thought he was better at "texting"!
    I thought that Stepney, Coughlan and his wife were the ones doing the copying?
    Who knows... maybe de la Rosa was the "wife"??

When you know him on a little more, you will see how you like Pedro...

Emails or not, I kinda feel happy for him. From HRT and uncertainty to be driving Ferraris for a living, even if it isn't the F1 cars all the time.

He looks like he is enjoying it. No wonder, as Ferrari is apparently the best place to work in Europe.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Ferrari has good faith in Pedro because he has a test drive with F2013 in Jerez! But I can imagine that Marc or Jules aren't happy with that LOL! They wanted to drive themselves I guess.
    I don't think Marc Gené is unhappy with that. They're good friends and Marc hasn't drive an F1 car for a long time. I'm sure that day PdlR is going to drive the F2013 is crucial for him to have the actual feeling of the car before he can start working on the simulator. If the wind tunnel, CFD and simulator all have good correlation with reality it would be great news.

Marc Gene is very important for Ferrari in a different area, he has become integral to Ferrari's Gestione Sportiva operation.
    He is the spokesperson for Ferrari at Shell, has a degree in economics, and is a regular guest at Shell’s global events, speaking to guests and media and participating in demonstrations to highlight Shell’s technical partnership with Ferrari.

And if all goes well, Bianchi will get a Force India seat, so he shouldn't be to dissapointed.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Thanks for explaining me Massimo! I didn't know exactly what the role of Marc Gene was at Ferrari, but now I understand better. And indeed I hope Jules gets a chance this year at Force India.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Emails or not, I kinda feel happy for him. From HRT and uncertainty to be driving Ferraris for a living, even if it isn't the F1 cars all the time.

He looks like he is enjoying it. No wonder, as Ferrari is apparently the best place to work in Europe.
    I would say in the world!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I want to tell you, already in 2003, Pedro had contacts to work at Ferrari, but they already had two test drivers, so Pedro contact with McLaren, who only had one test driver in this time.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post

I want to tell you, already in 2003, Pedro had contacts to work at Ferrari, but they already had two test drivers, so Pedro contact with McLaren, who only had one test driver in this time.
    He used Ferrari to fool McLaren into hiring him....lol

Ferrari working on pulling out all the stops to win this year and in 2014. They are looking at everything to gain speed! Technology, Engineers, Test Drivers, Everything is being overhauled and improved. Everyone needs to see what is going on and "Keep the faith" because Ferrari is on the rise again!

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Do we need a test driver?

Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel40 View Post
    Do we need a test driver?
    With limited test, the simulator is very important to develop the car...Pedro is a hard worker, has extensive experience in the mclaren advanced simulator, I think is the ideal man for Ferrari test drive, he is the best test driver of the grid, I think.

Cant we just get the same guys who built the mclaren simulator to build ours?or was it built in house by their own engineers??

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    Ferrari working on pulling out all the stops to win this year and in 2014. They are looking at everything to gain speed! Technology, Engineers, Test Drivers, Everything is being overhauled and improved. Everyone needs to see what is going on and "Keep the faith" because Ferrari is on the rise again!

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    Because Alonso will retire after 2014?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

@ Tifosi,

I mentioned "Test Drivers", NOT Race Drivers. I hope Alonso and Massa race together for many years to come and win EVERY RACE! I like Boring.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

It's not nice that the car broke down on the second lap today! I think Pedro was looking forward to this day so so much and I as well. I think it's a good choice from Ferrari to give him a testday in Jerez to compare the car with the simulator. I just hope he still has done valuable track time today eventhough it could have been better.

Nice pic DIEK.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    Nice pic DIEK.

Thank you!

Pedro de la Rosa: "The Ferrari is light years ahead of the car that I drove last year"

Avalanche of sensations for the Spanish on the first day of testing with Ferrari

Pedro de la Rosa drove for the first time in his long career a Ferrari Formula 1, although the day was complicated by rupture of the gearbox of its F138. From there, a good aero program and 51 laps of Jerez we do conclude with a good balance, though not as much as I wanted a pilot such a perfectionist like him.

By Christopher Rosaleny (@ crosaleny)

Piloting a Ferrari for the first time is a unique experience, and Pedro de la Rosa has had the opportunity to live today, in the fourth and final day of pre-season testing in Jerez. But it is a unique experience does not make it easy and relaxing. Quite the contrary, Peter has been tough and troubled from the start, and his installation lap queen has suffered broken gearbox in his F138 and this has taken more than three hours essential to understand the mount and transfer that knowledge to Maranello simulator.

After replacing the transmission, Pedro has had three hours of hard work on the track, which has resulted in 51 laps of the route Jerez, a lot of aerodynamic testing and some interesting runs with rubber half-six flying laps. A rich balance, but insufficient for a De la Rosa as serious and methodical that surely had planned every minute of working on the car.

Thus spoke the veteran pilot Cardedeu in his meeting with the press, just minutes after getting off the car: "The important thing is that the feeling was good. Difficult The day started with the problem in the gearbox, but Afternoon at least we could complete the aerodynamic test program, which is positive, and for me it was a day of learning. I took it easy, I've learned, and everything will be useful for all the work of simulator, which is the goal. should not look for anything else. "

The feeling of not seizing the day to the fullest Pedro has persecuted in every sentence: "I wish to do more kilometers, I wish to take this morning. When you have a day you stay with the taste of you could have squeezed more car. But it does not matter, you can not work miracles, "he said with some resignation.

Peter has been very clear about the competitiveness of the car: "I can not say anything about the car because I have nothing to compare. Really, in what I can compare this car with the last year car I drove, is light years ..." he explained.

"The aim of the day was to meet the test team, the car and accelerate the entire simulation program we have pending in Maranello. Had no more, or that I have no magic wand and I could tell how's Fernando car because I have no reference point to compare it. "

"The car has seemed well balanced, which responded very well to the changes. And from here has no problem, go faster and that's it, you have to keep progressing each day, as all teams will do from here to Australia. "

About where Ferrari compared to others: "It is impossible to draw any conclusions, because not only is a fueling issue, there is a tire issue also because the jumps between the tires are giants grip level."

"You have to analyze the times quietly and see where we can be a little, and where are the others. But I really believe that until the last test in Barcelona is absurd to talk of nothing else."

"Cold ... not all that happens is that you do well and you want to concentrate on your work, and when you have so few hours to do a good job and absorb the most and lose all morning, yes, you're a little cold . Maybe it's that. "

"I'm very comfortable in the team welcomed me with open arms, they long for me and I'm terribly happy in this team. But I realize how much I have to learn a lot and also the work that needs so much from here to Australia. "

"The physical effort required to bring a car with this type of grip is very different from what I had last year, is what first hits you. G forces you to put up much higher cornering and requires some mental time to get custom again.'s why I've gone from less to more, and I finished quite satisfied with how I was driving at the end, but again, I've missed another day to draw further conclusions. "

"For me think it's a brutal learning curve, in a few days to change to a team like this, car simulator, people ... for me everything requires a little more time.'m Digesting all the good I can, but I'm still conscious that I can do much better. "

"These cars are a completely different generation. This is the generation of cars with engine exhaust and maps developed much stronger than in my time at McLaren. Therefore, is a new generation of cars and are incomparable. But in the end it surprised you such strong teams like McLaren and Ferrari's how much they do to win thousandths, costing out thousandths of an F1 car brought to perfection, the degree of perfection that is. This is the most exciting. In this, Ferrari is like McLaren. But then there are plenty of differences I prefer to keep for me and, well, I'm also learning a lot about the team. "

Link: http://www.caranddriverthef1.com/for...aba-ano-pasado

(Spanish)

Pd: Sorry, google traduction+tweaks...
    Last edited by DIEK; 8th February 2013 at 19:29.

This is one of the main reasons McLaren's simulator is one of the, if not THE best one in the field. I am glad Ferrari gave him a day, and I was happy for him that he got to drive the car after that gearbox problem.

He gave good news saying the Ferrari seems to be going well, but he again stayed cautious. Fett need to be kept on the ground times don't mean anything etc.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Hope they monitor his emails....
    OMG! I just choked. BHWAHAHA

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

I guess there will be a few engineers working full time on the simulator, maybe some come from McLaren too. For correlation would it make sense if they start with older cars like F2010? Testing time for current cars is so limited that they'll have to do some track work with older models if at all possible.

I find very unfair how some people keep referring to De la Rosa's emails and dissing him for that (and I am not referring specifically to this thread, although I have seen some humorous references here too, but I understood them as being more joking than anything else). I don't think that anyone has any doubt that all teams spy on each other, and that every single member of any team is willing to get as much information on their rivals as they can. I honestly do not find the content of his emails that shocking - I am sure we could find similar exchanges in every team.

In the case of Spygate it was the infamous 700-pages dossier that made the difference, but De la Rosa's emails are all dated before Stepney handled such document to Coughlan, and in fact it was never defended that De la Rosa ever knew about the dossier - his emails were presented as proof of how widely any Ferrari information was disseminated within McLaren. Another piece of evidence that was presented by Ferrari at the time was a letter by Raikkonen in which he stated that during his stint at McLaren they used to listen to Ferrari's radio "with an intent"; I would be very surpised if anyone thought that Raikkonen's radio exchanges during his stint at Ferrari would have had to be closely supervised because of that statement!

Indeed. It was just some British journalists and Ron Dennis who tried to persuade the WORLD that the only wrongdoing on the Spygate scandal was a couple of emails exchanged between Pedro de la Rosa and Fernando Alonso. It was McLaren with the acknowledgment of Ron Dennis who provided De la Rosa with such information. De la Rosa was working with all the information at his disposal without asking himself where that came from as any other team member, engineer, driver, mechanic, etc. in every F1 team. Simple as that.

Pedro and Alonso discussed and knew they were getting info from Ferrari.

But one email exchange between de la Rosa and Alonso dated March 25, 2007, is particularly damning.
    It initially relates to the weight distribution of Ferrari’s cars as set up for the Australian Grand Prix on March 18.
    De la Rosa then pertinently concludes: ‘All the information from Ferrari is very reliable.
    ‘It comes from Nigel Stepney, their former chief mechanic – I don’t know what post he holds now.
    ‘He’s the same person who told us in Australia that Kimi (Raikkonen) was stopping on lap 18.
    ‘He’s very friendly with Mike Coughlan, our chief designer, and he told him that.’
    In his email exchange with Alonso, de la Rosa also refers to tests being carried out on a flexible wing in which he says is ‘a copy of the system we think Ferrari uses’.
    I don't bame either of them really but they both knew what they were doing.
    Forza Ferrari