Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The president speaks.

The president speaks.

During the presentation of the beautiful LaFerrari at the Geneva motor show, Luca Cordero Di Montezemolo has shared his thoughts on the F138, 10 days before the start of the season and the real test for the F138.
    According to Di Montezemolo in contrary to last years car the F138 is “meeting all our expectations”.
    He has confirmed that all the data gathered in Spain corresponds with those from the wind tunnel, Fernando and Felipe seem very happy with the car and all the ingredients are there to be at the front from the start of the season.

"Compared to the F2012, the F138 is completely another thing, like an athlete who was before trying to run on one leg, and now has two"
    "the car is responding to the data from wind tunnel and simulation, to the updates and to the driver's hands and feet very, very well"
    "we will be there, at the front, to fight for the titles"
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Speech for stakeholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    During the presentation of the beautiful LaFerrari at the Geneva motor show, Luca Cordero Di Montezemolo has shared his thoughts on the F138, 10 days before the start of the season and the real test for the F138.
    According to Di Montezemolo in contrary to last years car the F138 is “meeting all our expectations”.
    He has confirmed that all the data gathered in Spain corresponds with those from the wind tunnel, Fernando and Felipe seem very happy with the car and all the ingredients are there to be at the front from the start of the season.

"Compared to the F2012, the F138 is completely another thing, like an athlete who was before trying to run on one leg, and now has two"
    "the car is responding to the data from wind tunnel and simulation, to the updates and to the driver's hands and feet very, very well"
    "we will be there, at the front, to fight for the titles"
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Speech for stakeholders.
    When the things are not going well, he always recognize it in public, Montezemolo it's not the kind of person that hides behind PR.

Speech for stakeholders.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Speech for stakeholders.
    For sure. That is quite normal. He cannot go out there and tell the world that they build yet another brick on the wheels.

I agree he can't say it's 'another brick on wheels', and it could well be a bit of PR for the shareholders, but ultimately I do think it's the truth as well, both Fernando and Felipe have in effect said it's light years ahead of what they had last season, the data from the wind tunnel is good and correlates well with the car on track and both our pilots certainly seem genuinely (quietly) confident...

I think he's simply stating the truth, fortunately the truth is good PR and will appease the shareholders, but it's still the truth...

Speech for stakeholders.
    Always look on the bright side of life Hermann.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Alonso said that the F138 is 200 percent better than last years car, Luca now compared the F2012 (athlete running on 1 leg) and the F138 running on both legs. I believe we are in for a big surprise...
    Nothing is impossible even the impossible

The president speaks.

Can't remember any of the members from the team said something like this before the first races in 2011 & 2012. Good for PR yes, but some truth for sure.

In every public speech, like this one, there is always some PR, but as you said, this year team is more optimistic, they look and speak more positively than last year. I am getting that as a good sign. Can't wait for Australia...

Speech for stakeholders.
    Who are the stakeholders in Ferrari F1?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Who are the stakeholders in Ferrari F1?
    What is Ferrari F1?
    The F1 team is a part of Ferrari S.p. A of course. Ferrari last time I looked was owned 90% by Fiat and 10% by Piero Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    What is Ferrari F1?
    The F1 team is a part of Ferrari S.p. A of course. Ferrari last time I looked was owned 90% by Fiat and 10% by Piero Ferrari.
    Piero and Fiat are Shareholders, not Stakeholders.

The stakeholders are the sponsors, and to be true to the term, also the fans. We invest something too.

What is Ferrari F1?
    I thought Ferrari was owned in the majority by the Agnelli family with 10% Piero and 3% to some banks, the Agnelli family also own Fiat, not that Fiat own Ferrari? And Agnelli always kept it that way with Ferrari operating on it's own.
    Forza Ferrari

I thought Ferrari was owned in the majority by the Agnelli family with 10% Piero and 3% to some banks, the Agnelli family also own Fiat, not that Fiat own Ferrari? And Agnelli always kept it that way with Ferrari operating on it's own.
    Yeah, I thought it was Ferrari was owned by The Agnelli family as opposed to Fiat, also thought Mubadala bought a stake a little while ago, if memory serves me right think it was 5%, but not 100% sure...

I believe you are correct. Also the F1 team is a separate entity, and last I heard Luca had it pretty much set up as a self sustaining operation financially, that was one of his goals when he first returned. He wanted it to pay for itself. Fiat actually contributes only a small amount to the budget, and about what any sponsor Ferrari could land would pay instead.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

What is Ferrari F1?
    I'm sure with almost 7500 Ferrari's sold in 2012 and an overall trading net profit up to $468 million, an improvement of 12.1 percent over 2011, Di Montezemolo made John Elkann and Sergio Marchionne very happy. Speeches don't pay bill's.

Technically, a stakeholder is anyone that has an interest in the business doing well. Us, the sponsors, the road car division, Fernando, Felipe etc.

Anyways, this stuff is worlds better than 'we are behind by our targets, but maybe not other team's targets'

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Good to have Luca making all the right noises, especially about the F138, but what the hell were they thinking calling the F70 such a silly name. Just for people in LA, maybe?!

Something tells me that the team knows exactly where they are on the grid...
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Something tells me that the team knows exactly where they are on the grid...
    I don't honestly think any team is sure where they are on the grid, there are too many factors involved to be certain of anything, it's all open to debate until the wheels hit the track in Melbourne and even then it won't be truly representative. The wait is painful!

Does he not say similar every year?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Does he not say similar every year?
    Don't remember him being particuarly upbeat after the end of pre-season testing last year, at the car launch the same old 'we'll challenge from the start' speeches come out, usually after testing is done it's a more realistic 'we know what we need to do to catch up' or 'I expect everyone to put in maximum effort' speech, but he seems genuinely positive...

I think that the current use of a single wind tunnel that actually works is reason to be positive in itself, we won't be getting all the misleading data, I think that alone will make a huge difference to how we fare as a team this season...

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Don't remember him being particuarly upbeat after the end of pre-season testing last year, at the car launch the same old 'we'll challenge from the start' speeches come out, usually after testing is done it's a more realistic 'we know what we need to do to catch up' or 'I expect everyone to put in maximum effort' speech, but he seems genuinely positive...

I think that the current use of a single wind tunnel that actually works is reason to be positive in itself, we won't be getting all the misleading data, I think that alone will make a huge difference to how we fare as a team this season...
    Thanks mate.

Toby (or anyone): when did our wind tunnel stop working and why?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Thanks mate.

Toby (or anyone): when did our wind tunnel stop working and why?
    I understand the problems really started when the scale models increased in size to 60%, obviously the wind tunnel itself remained the same size, and as a result the air now rebounds off the walls of the tunnel giving incorrect data, I think I read somewhere that the data could be 'read' and be useful by someone who can understand what is going on (don't know how true that really is though, and if it is we clearly don't employ that person!) last year we did some wind tunnel work at Maranello and some at Toyota's Cologne Tunnel, but the data used from both didn't match up and we struggled, I believe this years car has been solely developed at Cologne and as a result the data is now matching on track expectations...
    I think the wind tunnel in Maranello is undergoing some redesign and rebuilding work, so will be out of action for a couple of years as a result...

What is Ferrari F1?
    Well the Stakeholders are all of those who support the team/sponsors, etc. In regard to share holders, there are three groups, Piero Ferrari 10%, FIAT near 90% and each officially sanctioned Scuderia Ferrari Club also holds 1 share of Ferrari Stock but I am not sure which side, Piero or FIAT who issues that share. Denver SFC receives their share after the official signing in August, the week before the Italian GP. From what I understand, the shares from Mubadala were repurchased by FIAT. I am not 100% sure on this, but is what I remember.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Why would the scale models be increased by 60% knowing the wing tunnels were remaining the same and would be causing incorect data etc? The big shots had to know that was going to happen. Re; Wind tunnels , really great explanation on what's going on. thanks!
    [SIGPIC]

Obviously, it is advantageous to have a scale model as close in size to the actual size of the race car. I think the biggest problem Ferrari has encontered has been "calibrating" the Wind Tunnel to match the increase in scale modeling. It is clear that the 'Calibrations" are not directly "proportional" thus the new model does not produce accurate readings which in turn does not allow the CFD work to be accurate.
    I think this has been the problem. The data has been incorrect and has lead to CFD Design work. The sad part to this is the Engineers that used this "Faulty Data" were blamed for "Poor Design" work and unfairly branded their work poor and unacceptable. Aldo Costa being the biggest loser in the equation of which he may have been let go for the wrong reason. The old head of the Aero Department, Marco De Luca also was replaced. In the end one could say if these people were good enough, they would have recognized the anomaly and fix it but they did neither and they were replaced!

The team has improved since then in both personnel and in methodology. Ferrari are quite strong now and they have become productive again.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!