Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Australian GP Build-Up- Pictures, News, Quotes

2013 Australian GP Build-Up- Pictures, News, Quotes

Looks like it could be a wet opening round

Torro Rosso's landed already

excitement is buildin' up!

Weather should be fine. Maybe a couple of showers on Saturday. ATM.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Getting exciting about the new season.I can't wait the FP1 !!!

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

First round and with the rain?!?! That could be exciting!

Feels like yesterday when we saw both our drivers stood on the podiums in Brazil.

Now here we are getting ready for another race.

02:30 am, not sleep allowed!.

Bring on 2013! I have good faith in Ferrari!

I'm not going to lie, I would definitley prefer saturday to be dry just so we can have some indication of the pure pace of the cars, and if where not right up in the sharp end...then rain please haha! On a different note, god it must cost a fortune to air freight those cars to Aus!

Can't recall, was it raining on race day in Melbourne since the race is held there in Australia?

some nice vids to show F1 and Ferrari.

goosebumps.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

WoW!! Amazing stuff!!
    Thank you!!

Lump in the throat, so much history and this is what makes Ferrari so mythical...fantastic footage and that's why we're such enthusiastic Tifosi. Grazie Enzo and also to scuderiafan for posting.

Please excuse google translate...
    Ferrari, Montezemolo: "I see Red, Alonso remains with us until 2015"

Milan, 10 March 2013

The President: "The Spaniard is serene and confident did well to jump in Jerez. Now fit and must win with Ferrari."
    Luca di Montezemolo played with the hands and think about the answers. Then, in the discussion, look anxious mobile phone. Reads a message from Felipe Massa, with whom we often hear and that is obviously grateful for the near-miracle of renewal. Then check if you have tried Domenicali and Alonso, in these days when men Ferrari link to Melbourne, where in 6 days shooting the World. Montezemolo would feel like a victory just to calm down and forget about the election result. Great reception in Geneva Ferrari is not enough, the glory of Maranello is based on the competitive triumphs. "Joys terrible," she called Enzo Ferrari in an era not yet dominated by television. Montezemolo is more dramatic and immediate When inserting the successes, but suffered less in the way of looking at the races. To 22 / or year of presidency ambitions are always the same, related only to success. The console does not second places, rather they are boulders that hurt.

Luca Cordero di Montezemolo in Geneva. Epa
    Sorry Montezemolo, explains why fans should be less concerned than a year ago?
    "I tell you a word: correlation. It is what the engineers found between tunnel testing and the results of the track, between simulator and asphalt. On the eve of 2012 or 2011 was not so, we had so many doubts. Today we are all more relaxed: I Domenicali, pilots, engineers. There will be no discrepancies between expectations and results, we start from a different basis. "

Forgive us, but what he says is clear that the Ferrari in the last two years has the whole approach is wrong in the gallery is the simulator: How can a company turn to perfection?
    "I have an extreme what I meant, because I'm used to self-criticize. But do not forget that we won the 2007 title with Raikkonen, we lost in 2010 when it looked done and we came second in 2012, after half a season we had 50 points behind. The real trouble was the simulator. To years we have run on our tracks Fiorano and Mugello. Others, not having the circuits have focused on the simulator. When tests were banned we were discovered. Alonso and de la Rosa told me that McLaren used the simulator already 10 years ago, we as a couple of seasons. We are recovering. regard to the wind tunnel, I know that other teams have had trouble in the Regulations. We were not the only ones to look elsewhere: also McLaren, for example, uses the structure of the Toyota. "

When you come back to use the system at home?
    "I would say at the end of the summer."

So what can we expect in Melbourne?
    First objective is to begin by becoming one of the top 3 teams, conscious of the fact that we have so many developments in preparation for the next GP. Even if we are slightly behind in Melbourne, because we come from the substantial gap we had from Red Bull at the end of 2012, then we can recover soon. The second goal is to continue to have the correlation between tunnel and track, with the certainty that any changes you make to the F138 to work. "

Ferrari .. eternal pursuit .
    "" I hope not. But with minimal changes in regulation who was fast at the end of the World will be even now. We, however, are stronger in Brazil and will soon, I hope. "

Alonso is a certainty, after a fabulous championship. But it seems prey to strange silence, hiding. Why?
    "I do not see it that way. But I understand his fears in the first test, when he did not want to talk because he had to realize the possibilities of the F138. I hear almost every day, it is calm and confident."

Fernando Alonso has a contract with Ferrari until 2015.
    And Massa?
    "He will return to be a useful driver for Ferrari, with ambitions. We did well not to replace it, is regenerated. Besides, who would have to take? She sees many phenomena around? Look here, on the phone, the message that I sent Felipe: The feeling of Fernando is like mine positive. comforted me. "

So it could be in 2014?
    "The possibilities are open"

Sure if Alonso will lose again?
    "He has a contract until the end of 2015, will respect it. I posed the same question to every world championship when we ... Alonso Schumacher knows he has to win with us and we want to win with him. He done well to prepare for jumping dot the Jerez test. now is the best, ready at the start. We ... "

http://www.gazzetta.it/Formula1/11-0...11932630.shtml
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I'm getting more and more convinced we have great car.
    I read the full interview somewhere else Di montezemolo also said he expected the concorde agreement to be signed before Melbourne and ruled out the return of Ross Brawn, but than again McLaren said Paddy Lowe was going nowhere.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Today is the 9th day of a 30deg C + heat wave in Melbourne. Today is 37c and tomorrow is the same. Lucking for the teams it will be cooler for the weekend

The single most important element of that interview is the comment made about wind tunnel and track correlation.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Only a few days for the start! :D

Wet? It's a scorching 37 degrees here at the moment.
    Mark Webber: "If you push to try and pass you kill the tyres but if you wait, then you find you're on the same strategy and finish behind them anyway".

Im only 1 block away from Albert park atm stuck at the Chinese visa office. If i get time ill try to go down and snap some pics.

So excited. First aussie GP. Then i'm visiting my father in Shanghai. And by some strange coincident the Chinese grand prix will be on when i'm there

Melbourne just broke a record with its 9th consecutive day over 30 degrees celcius LoL.. not as hot as Sydney but for Melbourne thats pretty decent..

Lets hope the weather doesn't do a complete 180 before the weekend!

a general question: has been confirmed and fixed yet that Paddy Lowe will join the silver necks for 2014 or is this still pending and open? Or is this still strictly related to the future of Ross?

Thanks in advance.

Its supposed to cool down by Thursday.

there will be rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozza View Post
    Im only 1 block away from Albert park atm stuck at the Chinese visa office. If i get time ill try to go down and snap some pics.

So excited. First aussie GP. Then i'm visiting my father in Shanghai. And by some strange coincident the Chinese grand prix will be on when i'm there
    Lucky so-and-so, hope it'll be worth it!

NBC Sports channel are showing bn F1 commercials..the build up is on.
    They r showing it live.

Diek @ 18

Fantastic Diek.
    I had a lump in my throat watching that.

THU Sunny. Mild. 14 25
    FRI Mostly Sunny. Warm. 13 27
    SAT Mostly Sunny. Cool. 15 22
    SUN Mostly Sunny. Cool. 12 21

Lookin good to me! For now!