Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1299

Thread: 2013 Malaysian GP: Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    Hearing Horner's comments with clearly siding Vettel and hearing his engineer Rocky: "Good job Sebastian, looks like you wanted that bad enough. Still, there will be some explaining to do."
    Soundeds like something with a lil punch on the shoulder and a "oh youu" and then forgoten.

Even made something:

That accurately describe the entire situation

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    ... what Vettel did probably has made an enemy out of his team mate. Webber is a great wingman to have when you are going for the championship, but Vettel doesn't have that anymore. That's the problem with what Vettel did. Great for Ferrari though.
    Hey, maybe... just maybe... Red Bull will entice Webber with a great big bonus, at the end of the season, if he lets by-gones be by-gones!
    Last edited by sagi58; 1st April 2013 at 13:01.

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    Hey, maybe... just maybe... Red Bull will entice Webber with a great big bonus, at the end of the season, if he let's by-gones be by-gones!
    I think Webber is more principled than that - and I don't think he really needs the cash! RB has dumped on him enough already.
    Trying to be less angry..

Hey, maybe... just maybe... Red Bull will entice Webber with a great big bonus, at the end of the season, if he let's by-gones be by-gones!
    They enticed him into new contract last year then when he signed,, they changed the car for Seb. Understand him wanting to stay in a winning car and proven winner. But he will never win a straight fight to WDC or race wins.

If the stories are true, about Horner telling Mark to turn down engine and not Bieber-finger boy (could just be the troll fanning the flames as he loves Bieber-finger boy) then who can Mark trust within that team. I watched the highlights of that race last night. When Seb cross the line the whole garage (may just been his side) going nuts as he haswon. No faces of concern or anything like that, Newey played it nice on pitwall pretending to look angry and upset by Sebs move.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

If they do that , then it is just so Vettel can have a partner next year as I don't think there would be anyone
    that would like to be his team mate AT ALL !!!
    "Michael showed that he is the greatest. He stole the show today. And he did that without even winning the race." comments from Willi Weber
    D:\estelle\My Folders\F1 Photos\Avitars\e960c1b2.jpg

Let's assume that there may well be some animosity in the RB garage from now on and a careful watch will be placed on Bieber's behaviour, then maybe we can also assume that it COULD play into our hands. However, back to reality, we mustn't ignore the threat from Merc/Lotus as well as RB if we want to captalise on the possible fall-out from the Sepang controversy. As far as the Rob's 'Fernando is faster than you' radio message, that was almost as classic as Kimi's 'Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing', but in both cases it was the truth!! The way things are going, the radio messages will become as interesting as the tyres and and indeed the 'race'!

Fernando's Facebook March 24th: “Today that I'm not in the podium I'm missing a good moment..! I will try not leave them alone again ... “

So that's why they all looked so sad! Explains everything

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    I think Webber is more principled than that - and I don't think he really needs the cash! RB has dumped on him enough already.
    I am sure he is; but, I wasn't referring to a cash. After all, enticements come in all shapes and sizes.

I think Ferrari has better control of their drivers than Red Bull. We saw a bit of this in 2010 at China with the pit in thing. I could be wrong but I have a feeling after a sit down with the Ferrari brass a driver knows they better play for the team, no matter who they are.

And what Vettel did probably has made an enemy out of his team mate. Webber is a great wingman to have when you are going for the championship, but Vettel doesn't have that anymore. That's the problem with what Vettel did. Great for Ferrari though.
    I think you're probably right, maybe it has more to do with the team than the individual driver, having thought a little more i'd suggest there is an element of maturity too, we all believe Fernando would absolutely play the team game if it was asked of him, but that hasn't always been the case, Vettel is what..? 25 now..? So he's made an enemy out of his team mate who is pretty much guaranteed to be changing at the end of the season, I really don't think he's losing much sleep over it...

Contrary to what Marko may think (to quote Python), "he's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy", but that's all...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_gal View Post
    If they do that , then it is just so Vettel can have a partner next year as I don't think there would be anyone
    that would like to be his team mate AT ALL !!!
    Jamie Alg..? Ricciardo..? Buemi..? Heiki Kov..? Senna..? Valsecchi..? Would imagine all of them would jump for a seat in the sister Red Bull with Vettel and would probably be happy to support Vettel as a #2, there are no shortage of Red Bull young drivers lining up for that seat...

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Jamie Alg..? Ricciardo..? Buemi..? Heiki Kov..? Senna..? Valsecchi..? Would imagine all of them would jump for a seat in the sister Red Bull with Vettel and would probably be happy to support Vettel as a #2, there are no shortage of Red Bull young drivers lining up for that seat...
    If anyone jumps for that open space then it is just to be in F1 and oh my will they have to play second fiddle all the way ... hahaha
    "Michael showed that he is the greatest. He stole the show today. And he did that without even winning the race." comments from Willi Weber

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_gal View Post
    If anyone jumps for that open space then it is just to be in F1 and oh my will they have to play second fiddle all the way ... hahaha
    Indeed, but surely every driver from Force India down is in the car just to be in F1, that's about half the field, better to be #2 in a proven championship winning team with a very real opportunity for race wins and podiums than being in Marussia or Caterham, or not being in F1 at all..?

Indeed, but surely every driver from Force India down is in the car just to be in F1, that's about half the field, better to be #2 in a proven championship winning team with a very real opportunity for race wins and podiums than being in Marussia or Caterham, or not being in F1 at all..?
    Exactly. Eddie Irvine once said the same thing too when discussed about his role in Ferrari. He said something along the lines of it being better than to go to other team, be #1 and constantly finish in the mid field.

It's better to support Vettel and finish 2nd than to be a hero at a smaller team and finish at places nobody cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Exactly. Eddie Irvine once said the same thing too when discussed about his role in Ferrari. He said something along the lines of it being better than to go to other team, be #1 and constantly finish in the mid field.

It's better to support Vettel and finish 2nd than to be a hero at a smaller team and finish at places nobody cares about.
    Oh well we all have our own ideas , so let it be .

Vettel is what..? 25 now..? So he's made an enemy out of his team mate who is pretty much guaranteed to be changing at the end of the season, I really don't think he's losing much sleep over it...
    Senna went back on an agreement with Prost in 89, which cost him the championship later on when Prost decided to play rough also. So Vettel might not be losing sleep over it now, but if it costs him the championship this season, I'm sure he'll lay awake nights in later years thinking to himself "If I had just held position in Malaysia".

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Senna went back on an agreement with Prost in 89, which cost him the championship later on when Prost decided to play rough also. So Vettel might not be losing sleep over it now, but if it costs him the championship this season, I'm sure he'll lay awake nights in later years thinking to himself "If I had just held position in Malaysia".
    This is indeed true, and I agree that could end up being the case, but in my mind Webber is no Prost, and i'm not convinced Webber will be in a position to influence whether Vettel will win another WDC in the same way Prost was with Senna...

I kinda hope Webber does get his own back as he seems to be a decent guy, and the possible scenario you present could happen, but I just can't see it, i'm thinking all this will blow over and be forgotten in a couple of weeks, obviously, all this is purely speculative and only time will tell if Vettels actions have any further repercussions...

This is indeed true, and I agree that could end up being the case, but in my mind Webber is no Prost, and i'm not convinced Webber will be in a position to influence whether Vettel will win another WDC in the same way Prost was with Senna...

I kinda hope Webber does get his own back as he seems to be a decent guy, and the possible scenario you present could happen, but I just can't see it, i'm thinking all this will blow over and be forgotten in a couple of weeks, obviously, all this is purely speculative and only time will tell if Vettels actions have any further repercussions...
    only time will tell if Vettels actions have any further repercussions...
    Oh I sure hope it does ....

Could well be a tempest in a teapot. And I doubt Mark would stoop very low to give Vettel any payback, such as intentionally crashing him. I think he's more sporting than that. But there are other ways on influencing the championship, if Mark chooses to do so.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Could well be a tempest in a teapot. And I doubt Mark would stoop very low to give Vettel any payback, such as intentionally crashing him. I think he's more sporting than that. But there are other ways on influencing the championship, if Mark chooses to do so.
    Yes that might be true,but for that mark needs to seriously improve on his launch at the start
    And as we saw in abudhabi the team made him pit early,not to trouble vettel..

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Alonso was behind Lewis at USGP 2007 and told to stay behind, he did not like it and made it clear but he never broke the team order and overtook. Lewis also done the same at Monaco 07 when behind Alonso.
    Well I think in 2007 at the USGP Alonso could not overtake Lewis,he really did try hard

Unless Mark positions himself beside Sebastian and effects an influence through his sidepod.

Agreed. Comment above was in jest and I also agree with RedArmySoja's assessment of Mark's sportsmanship. (I must still say that you never know, though, do you?)

How goes things, Toby?

Valsecchi? I think Davide would've floored Vettel immediately after getting out of the car, after what happened in Malaysia
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

On German motorsports internet portal motorsport-total.com there is an interview where Horner apologise Vettels behaviour in kind of "Alonso and Hamilton would have done the same" thing which is interesting. Before Vettel-Gate RB was sure that both drivers are free to drive and this won't happen at RB as the owner wants fair sport. Now as we know some more circumstances (i.e. Webber had to power down his engine more than Vettel) it seems that RB had a strange way to say the 'truth'. And this comparison from Horner seems to be a new move: yesterday it was a fault by darling Vettel ... today it is still a fault BUT ...

Funny how easy things can change ....

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    On German motorsports internet portal motorsport-total.com there is an interview where Horner apologise Vettels behaviour in kind of "Alonso and Hamilton would have done the same" thing which is interesting. Before Vettel-Gate RB was sure that both drivers are free to drive and this won't happen at RB as the owner wants fair sport. Now as we know some more circumstances (i.e. Webber had to power down his engine more than Vettel) it seems that RB had a strange way to say the 'truth'. And this comparison from Horner seems to be a new move: yesterday it was a fault by darling Vettel ... today it is still a fault BUT ...

Funny how easy things can change ....
    Alonso wouldn't have done it. If he wasn't happy he would talk afterwards, after obeying the team. Not sure about Lewis though as Monaco 2007 showed, he tried to pass Alonso and disobey, then when he failed cried to the team

These guys have no class. They try to deflect the dodgy things they do on other teams. At Hockenheim, Ferrari said 'some were with short memories' but then that senile idiot Marko started going at Mercedes as soon as possible after his baby disobeyed TO.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

yesterday it was a fault by darling Vettel ... today it is still a fault BUT ...
    Tomorrow it's Webber's fault.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Valsecchi? I think Davide would've floored Vettel immediately after getting out of the car, after what happened in Malaysia
    You're probably right, but that said can't see Davide letting him get away with that on track, he's quick, very consistent and I think he would be a decent match for Vettel... would prefer to see him at Maranello though...

You're probably right, but that said can't see Davide letting him get away with that on track, he's quick, very consistent and I think he would be a decent match for Vettel... would prefer to see him at Maranello though...
    Valsecchi at Maranello? That I would accept gladly, but not yet while we still have the best pair in the business (drivers!).

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Horner
    ‘If Fernando Alonso or Lewis Hamilton had been in that position, they would have done the same.
    I have read this comment from Horner a number of times and, although I tend to accept what people say at face value,
    something about him just doesn't sit right, especially in this case!!

I believe Horner is just jealous/envious of the fact that had it been Alonso, he would have followed team orders.

Hamilton? Let's just say, he followed the directive given during this race; but, I think he did that because it worked
    out to his advantage. Would he have pulled a Vettel is the situation was reversed? I'd bet he would!

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Tomorrow it's Webber's fault.
    You just may be right!! Red Bull could very easily put a different spin on this, in a few weeks. They just might turn around and
    say that Vettel is the more determined driver of the two and as such, he's willing to take risks that Webber isn't prepare to take.

That would be the final nail in the coffin, I'd say!

I have read this comment from Horner a number of times and, although I tend to accept what people say at face value,
    something about him just doesn't sit right, especially in this case!!

I believe Horner is just jealous/envious of the fact that had it been Alonso, he would have followed team orders.

Hamilton? Let's just say, he followed the directive given during this race; but, I think he did that because it worked
    out to his advantage. Would he have pulled a Vettel is the situation was reversed? I'd bet he would!
    In a different way Hamilton was just as bad as Vettel, why did he not wave his team mate (Rosberg) through. Rosberg was clearly the faster car, but Hamilton was quite happy for Rosberg to complain to the team on team radio, how he was clearly faster car, and should be let through. Then Hamilton looked guilty on the podium, trying to be clever by saying my team mate deserved to be on the podium, and trying to look sad. Normally this situation happens later in the season, not the 2nd race of the season.