Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Domenicali ponders Alonso,Massa and Vettel.

Red Bull have just confirmed he's there until the end of 2015.

Adam Cooper @adamcooperf1
    Confirmation from Red Bull that it has extended Sebastian Vettel's contract to 2015
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    Thank you,
    I already read it an hour ago, but missed it to post it here. Sorry about that. As it seems only an Issue in german Media too. So I think a paper duck by Sport Bild ....

@offtopic: are you following also german webpages suzie?
    As much as I would like to know German, no - I saw the link somewhere else!
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Red Bull have just confirmed he's there until the end of 2015.
    Okay now we know what it counts when Dr. Marko is opening his mouth .... Or how to Interpret his Words ... Just make the opposite of it

http://adamcooperf1.com/2013/06/11/v...tract-to-2015/

Red Bull Racing issued a statement today confirming that Sebastian Vettel will stay with the team for another two seasons.

Although it was clear that Vettel already had a long term arrangement with RBR the news erases any doubts about him possibly jumping ship in 2015.

The statement read simply: “Infiniti Red Bull Racing is happy to confirm that World Champion Sebastian Vettel has extended his multi-year contract with the team until the end of 2015.”
    Forza Jules

Can see him leaving the sport after that.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Really Rob?!
    Forza Jules

Yeah, think about it now, maybe not right after his RBR contract but he said before Canada that he may leave after few more years. Think it was 4-5

He probably wouldn't leave the sport until he's outdone Michael! Not sure I could stand waiting that long for him to make his escape! Also it would possibly mean more pain for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Yeah,maybe not right after his RBR contract but he said before Canada that he may leave after few more years. Think it was 4-5
    so you don't think we're gonna seem him driving for the red team, ever??

i mean by the time his "supposedly" new contract with red fools will end at the end of 2015, he will be 28 years old; personally i don't think he's gonna stop racing then, i mean at 28 he's still pretty young and still has quite few years in him to race really hard....

the BIG QUESTION is, WHO is he gonna race for???? Mclaren?? Ferrari?? Lotus seems to be a good team to race for as they've shown they can be pretty competitive....

if he is gonna switch "ship" in 2016, i can almost guarantee you it would either be Mclaren or FERRARI....there's NO way he's gonna go backwards in a midfield team

i know a lot of us (including ME) hate the guy NOW and don't want to see him drive for the beloved FERRARI team, but who knows what's gonna happen past 2016??? maybe Fernando will want to quit all together (and hopefully by then he'll have at least ONE championship with Ferrari) by then and if Vettel has grown up and really matured, who knows, we may seem him in RED OVERALLS....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

No i dont see him at Ferrari. He may end up with us but in few years when Fernando goes, think we will have #2 driver proven and #1 driver coming in to take Fernandos place. Being Hulk or someone else, may even see Hamilton. Thats who i wouldnt mine seeing at Ferrari (just good see fast Brit driver again at Ferrari). I may be on my own, may be totally wrong, but thats my gut feeling.

Vettel will not be able to beat Schueys records, new rules coming in next year which will hurt RBR and Vettels driving style. Also, dont think he would drive anything than a Newey car. And Newey may leave the sport in couple years aswell.

Don't rule out Mercedes. The team is German so Vettel could fit in very nicely there. And if Mercedes proves to be extremely competitive from next year onwards the temptation might be too difficult to resist. I do think though that he doesn't want to be in the sport for too long. He seems to be likeable nice guy simple sort of guy that probably wants to revert back to a normal life whenever it is a good time to do so. He is a 3 times WDC so may have surpassed his own expectations and targets.

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    Don't rule out Mercedes. The team is German so Vettel could fit in very nicely there. And if Mercedes proves to be extremely competitive from next year onwards the temptation might be too difficult to resist. I do think though that he doesn't want to be in the sport for too long. He seems to be likeable nice guy simple sort of guy that probably wants to revert back to a normal life whenever it is a good time to do so. He is a 3 times WDC so may have surpassed his own expectations and targets.
    Hadnt even thought of Merc.

I think he will stay as long as he needs to beat the records he wants to, we have all seen/heard how he likes to get fastest lap of each race.

Personally the fact that the ever so trustworthy Andrew Benson was wrong about Vettel-to-Ferrari-in-2014 has led me to question life itself
    Forza Jules

Rob, you can't be serious about not minding Hamilton at Ferrari......please refrain from even suggesting it. Nothing personal against you or Lewis, though! I think you may need a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Rob, you can't be serious about not minding Hamilton at Ferrari......please refrain from even suggesting it. Nothing personal against you or Lewis, though! I think you may need a beer.
    Just fact that he is fast driver (as long as he leaves the "gansta" style at home and all those hangers on) but its fact he is solid British driver who would be great in Ferrari. I know he has done afew things that are border line silly. And the image he having atmo with as said the "wanna be rapper style" isnt my thing. But as long as he fast and can get car front row and battle for wins and overtakes, just as Fernando dont mind.

Id rather him and Vettel in my beloved la Rossa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Just fact that he is fast driver (as long as he leaves the "gansta" style at home and all those hangers on) but its fact he is solid British driver who would be great in Ferrari. I know he has done afew things that are border line silly. And the image he having atmo with as said the "wanna be rapper style" isnt my thing. But as long as he fast and can get car front row and battle for wins and overtakes, just as Fernando dont mind.

Id rather him and Vettel in my beloved la Rossa.
    Agree on the fact that he's quick, Rob, but I just don't see him in a team like Ferrari where older values still hold good and traditional drivers, rather than 'celebs', are hired. He just doesn't fit. To me, anyway.

Does anyone know for a fact if team members, especially drivers, ever read what we write here?

I don't know Alessandra, but I guess there are very busy with their usual job already

Agree on the fact that he's quick, Rob, but I just don't see him in a team like Ferrari where older values still hold good and traditional drivers, rather than 'celebs', are hired. He just doesn't fit. To me, anyway.
    I agree. I can put up with Button, maybe even Vettel at Ferrari. But Hamilton- no way!!

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    I don't know Alessandra, but I guess there are very busy with their usual job already
    That's relief!

I'd have no qualms if any of my posts were ever read by the drivers or team members, they should take into consideration the way that the tifosi are reacting. In some respects, though, reading any reviews/reports can be quite hurtful to those concerned, so I doubt that they'd make too much effort to do so. Shame, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavlanov View Post
    I agree. I can put up with Button, maybe even Vettel at Ferrari. But Hamilton- no way!!
    no Button - for this reason
    942409_10151505246984217_1156947948_n.jpg
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    Does anyone know for a fact if team members, especially drivers, ever read what we write here?
    I highly doubt so. Especially not Massa who have a wife and a kid he need to spend time with if he's not away working. Most of their online interactions are through twitter and facebook. It's a very busy life being in F1.

God I hope not
    Forza Jules

Agreed. I mean there's no question about Ham's speed or skills as a racing driver, but something just rubs me the wrong way about this guy. Although I must admit that my opinion on him has raised quite a bit since he left Mclaren and became more mature, but still, his "gangsta rapper" image and bling-bling is definitely not suitable for a Ferrari driver. So yea, I agree with you completely.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Rappers make millions $$$, some made it to billions $$$, they have millions of fans all over the world. Nice work if you can get it! Lewis is planning for the future. Life after F1. IMO it sure as hell beats coming back to F1 after retiring once just to look like a fool on the track.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by brembo man View Post
    Rappers make millions $$$, some made it to billions $$$, they have millions of fans all over the world. Nice work if you can get it! Lewis is planning for the future. Life after F1. IMO it sure as hell beats coming back to F1 after retiring once just to look like a fool on the track.
    He may well be preparing for life after F1, but he's not planning to leave the sport with only one title, of that I'm sure, no matter how much money he's already made. I have more respect for him now than when he was at Mclaren and seen as the wonder-boy, but I still can't imagine him driving a Ferrari any time soon. Speriamo.

Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".
    Last edited by Suzie; 15th June 2013 at 11:10. Reason: Don't include links to spam/ads

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    I am sorry but THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED for being to ANNOYING! Come on already. I think some people are just antagonists and like to write things to stir up trouble and like to make others feel unhappy! I am just very annoyed at a few of these threads that seek to do this. Lets be positive and cheer Ferrari on to bound back now, this year. Alonso and Massa need our support and not have this kind of stupid speculation as a constant distraction.

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    I thought you are not coming back ever since F1 is no longer a sport?

And a very good question! Personally, I believe that we need to keep in mind that our posts "may" be read by our team and therefore should be respectful, especially when we aren't in agreement with what's being decided at Ferrari!!