Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Regulations.(engine/aero etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    But isnt teams allowed to do only dino test?
    I'm not sure about the engine rules, but no one have any concrete evidence that Ferrari put the F1 engine in that car anyway. The best people can tell is that it's a turbo engine due to the sound. But Ferrari is free to develop any engine they wish outside of F1. Ferrari can claim they are developing a turbo engine for something else, and no one can prove otherwise. Unless a traitor inside the team leak out official documents that says they are testing the F1 engine

How can anyone say that our engine will be good and not to worry about engine performance when nobody knows how good engines have ours opponents?
    Exactly! These are just shoots in the dark!

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Nobody will know how good the engine will be compared to the others, but at the MOMENT I REPEAT Ferrari are very happy with the development of the 2014 engine. Remember this is a forum and until now nobody has any information regarding the new engine, so when this person visited the Ferrari factory he was kind enough to pass on some positive information, for us Ferrari fans to enjoy. He left all his details which checks out all OK. You said you do not trust PR talk, so again you have not read this properly, this is not PR talk by Ferrari.
    It is not direct PR talk from Ferrari out the the world, but through this Gentleman. Any way do you really think that Ferrari will tell to anyone if their F1 engine for 2014 is bad?!?

Is this test legal?
    YES it's legal; Ferrari has finally FOUND it's first LOOP hole in the rules...LOL
    hopefully PLENTY more where that came from....Forza FERRARI!!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    YES it's legal; Ferrari has finally FOUND it's first LOOP hole in the rules...LOL
    That would be great, if this was actually F1 engine for 2014 inside that car!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    It is not direct PR talk from Ferrari out the the world, but through this Gentleman. Any way do you really think that Ferrari will tell to anyone if their F1 engine for 2014 is bad?!?
    Yes that's true but if Ferrari engine is poor why would you tell someone visiting the factory we are happy with the engine so far. Also the person who said this was Luca Marmorini.

Yes that's true but if Ferrari engine is poor why would you tell someone visiting the factory we are happy with the engine so far. Also the person who said this was Luca Marmorini.
    Because if in reallity engine is not good LM will lie and tell it is good, simply to hide the ugly truth. I really do hope that he was speaking the truth.

Because if in reallity engine is not good LM will lie and tell it is good, simply to hide the ugly truth. I really do hope that he was speaking the truth.
    stefa why are you being so negative, one of the reasons I use the forum is for moments of positivity, like when someone visits the factory and hopefully gives positive info regarding the 2014 engine, or being excited when we see La Ferrari on track possibly using the 2014 engine, where as you say maybe not using 2014 engine.

stefa why are you being so negative, one of the reasons I use the forum is for moments of positivity, like when someone visits the factory and hopefully gives positive info regarding the 2014 engine, or being excited when we see La Ferrari on track possibly using the 2014 engine, where as you say maybe not using 2014 engine.
    First of all, once again, I am not negative, I am objective.
    I don't know how old are you, what is your life experience and in Formula 1 also. I am 40 years old, father of two 3,5 and 5,5 years old lovely girls. I've been watching, following Formula 1/Ferrari since I was 10 years old boy. Since then I've seen and witnessed so many things, both in life and Formula 1. So many times I was hyped regarding some news/rumors just to have later on rude awakening and clash with reality when things were not as they were in news/rumors. We have all witnessed last 4 years. Every year we were promised that next one will be better, and it didn't happen. Am I right? So after so many broken promises, I've decided not to believe everything I head and to wait till I actually have some solid proof. I am cautious, that is that word I would use to describe myself (not negative), when it comes to news/rumors regarding Ferrari. I stick to following:

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Thumbs up

I don't know how old are you, what is your life experience and in Formula 1 also. I am 40 years old, father of two 3,5 and 5,5 years old lovely girls. I've been watching, following Formula 1/Ferrari since I was 10 years old boy. Since then I've seen and witnessed so many things, both in life and Formula 1. So many times I was hyped regarding some news/rumors just to have later on rude awakening and clash with reality when things were not as they were in news/rumors. We have all witnessed last 4 years. Every year we were promised that next one will be better, and it didn't happen. Am I right? So after so many broken promises, I've decided not to believe everything I head and to wait till I actually have some solid proof. I am cautious, that is that word I would use to describe myself (not negative), when it comes to news/rumors regarding Ferrari. I stick to following:

Hello stefa Hope I was not rude to say you seem to be negative but that is how I felt with your last few quote's on this thread, Anyway I do respect what you say and I do agree with you we have had a hard time over the last 5 years, and that is more reason to be optimistic about any news regarding the 2014 engine. I am 50 years old, I have 4 children. like yourself I am a massive Ferrari fan. Anyway like you all I want to see is us winning again next year.

Hello stefa Hope I was not rude to say you seem to be negative but that is how I felt with your last few quote's on this thread, Anyway I do respect what you say and I do agree with you we have had a hard time over the last 5 years, and that is more reason to be optimistic about any news regarding the 2014 engine. I am 50 years old, I have 4 children. like yourself I am a massive Ferrari fan. Anyway like you all I want to see is us winning again next year.
    No, you were not at all! No hard feeling at all
    Nice to meet in more detailed way (years and kids )
    I really do hope Ferrari will be on a winning way soon. It doesn't need to be dominance like we had from 2000 till 2005, or recent Red Bull, it is not that I would not like, but I'll be happy with poles, race victories, and be able to fight for CWC and WDC.

Totally agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    So if I get it right, that test is 100% illegal, but no one can prove we are cheating!?
    Thats the right approach!

No, you were not at all! No hard feeling at all
    Nice to meet in more detailed way (years and kids )
    I really do hope Ferrari will be on a winning way soon. It doesn't need to be dominance like we had from 2000 till 2005, or recent Red Bull, it is not that I would not like, but I'll be happy with poles, race victories, and be able to fight for CWC and WDC.
    Yeah its good to have a human feel sometimes to our quotes, good to chat to you stefa. :xmassmile:

Yeah its good to have a human feel sometimes to our quotes, good to chat to you stefa. :xmassmile:
    Feeling is mutual :xmassmile:

I come up with one idea.
    As rules says, next season every driver will have only six engines for season, and if any driver use more engines thru season he will get penalty of -10 places on the grid. Correct me if I didnt get it right.

So, it would mean every engine will have to do at least 4 race weekends. Is it possible that ferrari made engine which will last two weekends with much more power and generaly much better performance so we can win first 10-12 races and after that regulary be on podium if not win some more races?

Anyone knows why is it not possible?

Ferrari has been running this mystery test car at its Fiorano test track in Italy, what the car is or what it is testing is not clear but it seems to be for a competition application. It has been speculated that this is a test bed for the new 1.6 litre Formula 1 power unit. From the sound of the engine it is clearly turbocharged. Posted on Youtube the footage shows what appears to be a very long wheelbase car with a F458 front section and a bespoke rear end, of great interest is the F1 style air box mounted on the cars roll hoop.
    Ferrari TestA lack of any major rear end aerodynamic devices such as a rear wing or diffuser suggest that this is not a chassis test as some have speculated (bringing up the old LMP rumours once again) but instead this is a pure power unit test run.
    For now Ferrari are saying nothing but make up your own minds when watching the video below.

so that rather confirms its not a chassis test, just a pure engine test... got to be the new v6!

I come up with one idea.
    As rules says, next season every driver will have only six engines for season, and if any driver use more engines thru season he will get penalty of -10 places on the grid. Correct me if I didnt get it right.

So, it would mean every engine will have to do at least 4 race weekends. Is it possible that ferrari made engine which will last two weekends with much more power and generaly much better performance so we can win first 10-12 races and after that regulary be on podium if not win some more races?

Anyone knows why is it not possible?
    I think for that to work, our performance advantage from the engine must be very huge so that it could guarantee a win. But right now aero is more important and the engine difference is not that big.

Hope it was us who stopped this...seems weight is big issue for many!!! Renault...I hope u are heavy!!

Red Bull Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey believes the Formula One rule-makers should increase the allowed weight limit by 10kgs to prevent taller drivers from being penalised.

The weight limit for the 2015 season has already been raised to 700kg, a 10kg increase, but several teams have called for the change to be pushed forward by a year.

For the 700kg limit to be allowed in 2014, the Formula One teams have to be in unanimous agreement and according to Autosport, one team has refused.

"I think it should be changed," Newey told Autosport.

"All teams bar one did vote for that weight limit to be increased and it has to be unanimous - but there was one team that objected to it."

Tall drivers, like Jenson Button and Nico Hulkenberg have already voiced their concerns about the weight limits, and Newey believes the new rules are simply are too stringent.

"The power trains are heavy and I think that is an unfortunate aspect," he continued.

"For the very heavy drivers, I can't really see how the teams are going to get down to the weight limit.

"You can look at that two ways and say, well, if you weigh 15 stone you don't ever expect to be a jockey and if you weigh seven stone you don't ever expect to be a rugby player.

"But I think in this particular case where kids have got into it as drivers from karting, there has never been a big premium in recent years - ever since the weight of the car included the driver - to penalise heavy drivers.

"To suddenly introduce that for next year is very unfortunate."

However, Autosport reports that the issue will again be tabled at the next Formula One Strategy Group meeting, which is scheduled to take place next week.

"In spite of the agreement in the last Strategy Group meeting [to raise the weight for 2015], should the overall car weight be increased for 2014 in order to allow drivers of all weights to compete 'on a level playing field'?" and item on the agenda notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Hope it was us who stopped this...seems weight is big issue for many!!! Renault...I hope u are heavy!!

Red Bull Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey believes the Formula One rule-makers should increase the allowed weight limit by 10kgs to prevent taller drivers from being penalised.

The weight limit for the 2015 season has already been raised to 700kg, a 10kg increase, but several teams have called for the change to be pushed forward by a year.

For the 700kg limit to be allowed in 2014, the Formula One teams have to be in unanimous agreement and according to Autosport, one team has refused.

"I think it should be changed," Newey told Autosport.

"All teams bar one did vote for that weight limit to be increased and it has to be unanimous - but there was one team that objected to it."

Tall drivers, like Jenson Button and Nico Hulkenberg have already voiced their concerns about the weight limits, and Newey believes the new rules are simply are too stringent.

"The power trains are heavy and I think that is an unfortunate aspect," he continued.

"For the very heavy drivers, I can't really see how the teams are going to get down to the weight limit.

"You can look at that two ways and say, well, if you weigh 15 stone you don't ever expect to be a jockey and if you weigh seven stone you don't ever expect to be a rugby player.

"But I think in this particular case where kids have got into it as drivers from karting, there has never been a big premium in recent years - ever since the weight of the car included the driver - to penalise heavy drivers.

"To suddenly introduce that for next year is very unfortunate."

However, Autosport reports that the issue will again be tabled at the next Formula One Strategy Group meeting, which is scheduled to take place next week.

"In spite of the agreement in the last Strategy Group meeting [to raise the weight for 2015], should the overall car weight be increased for 2014 in order to allow drivers of all weights to compete 'on a level playing field'?" and item on the agenda notes.

Stefano doesn't have the balls to stop anything, even if Ferrari had veto power. They'll go along with whatever the others are asking. As usual.
    :xmaseek::xmasconfused::xmasfrown::xmasrolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Stefano doesn't have the balls to stop anything, even if Ferrari had veto power. They'll go along with whatever the others are asking. As usual.
    silverstone 2011 springs to mind... :) to be honest, i think if ferrari have an advantage then they will go for it. stefano knows that if ferrari dont start winning asap, then him and alonso will both be off

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    So why would Marussia agree if we don't? But won't stop you having a little cry about Stefano will it.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Penalizing tall drivers is inappropriate decision but I don't think Newey's concern about weight limit is because of the drivers
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Adrian Newey is sooo... conservative with his talking. He and RedBull always hide any advantage they have and always try to squeeze what they want.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    Adrian Newey is sooo... conservative with his talking. He and RedBull always hide any advantage they have and always try to squeeze what they want.
    There you see the true masters of F1 politics.

http://somersf1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...-come.html?m=1

Excellent articles about next years regulation changes and what that could mean for the car's design. Make sure to follow the links at the end of each article to each section of the car in detail.

Could be a lot if different interpretations next year hopefully leading to some unique looking cars.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    Penalizing tall drivers is inappropriate decision but I don't think Newey's concern about weight limit is because of the drivers
    Correct. His concern is about the weight of the Renault power unit which may be more than the others; particularly Mercedes it seems as they were the only team to veto the proposed weight limit increase...

Question is why didn't Ferrari veto it? They apparently (rumour at this stage) have a weight advantage also... Would have thought it would be in their interests to veto also.

Having said this shouldn't all the Merc power unit teams veto if there was an advantage in the engine weight alone?

A lot more going on under the surface here than engines and drivers weight it seems.

Whoever it is, I don't think the veto had anything to do with the power unit weight. All 3 engine manufacturers have more than 1 teams using their engine.

Anyway the weight will be raised in 2015, so it's kind of trying to delay the inevitable really. Even if Ferrari have a weight advantage, we still will have to obey the new limit in 2015, so might as well learn how to make use of it now.