Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Regulations.(engine/aero etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Whoever it is, I don't think the veto had anything to do with the power unit weight. All 3 engine manufacturers have more than 1 teams using their engine.

Anyway the weight will be raised in 2015, so it's kind of trying to delay the inevitable really. Even if Ferrari have a weight advantage, we still will have to obey the new limit in 2015, so might as well learn how to make use of it now.
    If our engine is lighter than the others, so it is the advantage both in 2014 and 2015.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    Correct. His concern is about the weight of the Renault power unit which may be more than the others; particularly Mercedes it seems as they were the only team to veto the proposed weight limit increase...
    Especially Newey has said 10 kg increase is needed. If it was driver related concern, why not 5kg. RedBull and particularly Newey always play mind games.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Both Ferrari drivers also vetoed the proposition on GPDA meeting...

Whoever it is, I don't think the veto had anything to do with the power unit weight. All 3 engine manufacturers have more than 1 teams using their engine.

Anyway the weight will be raised in 2015, so it's kind of trying to delay the inevitable really. Even if Ferrari have a weight advantage, we still will have to obey the new limit in 2015, so might as well learn how to make use of it now.
    What you say make's sense but come 2015 Ferrari could reduce engine weight again, all teams will look to reduce weight but we will too, so it is possible to retain a weight advantage in 2015, anyway again it's a wait and see situation again.:xmaswink:

There is an engine minimum weight, its not just the engine but the whole system which is important like the ers, cooling, turbo and the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    http://somersf1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...-come.html?m=1

Excellent articles about next years regulation changes and what that could mean for the car's design. Make sure to follow the links at the end of each article to each section of the car in detail.

Could be a lot if different interpretations next year hopefully leading to some unique looking cars.
    Thanks for the article.

Now, i don't know from where everyone is getting this "lighter engine" theory, but if the Ferrari V6T is indeed as light as people suggest, then adding a few more weight is not going to hinder them.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    Especially Newey has said 10 kg increase is needed. If it was driver related concern, why not 5kg. RedBull and particularly Newey always play mind games.
    Red Bull has two of the lightest drivers only weighing at 58 kilo [Vettel] and 68 kilo [Ricciardo]
    Why would Newey want a 10 kg increase?
    It's not like having two Mark Webers at 75 kg.!!
    Charlie Whiting-Ferrari beware......Most of the Red Bull dominance tricks start like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Red Bull has two of the lightest drivers only weighing at 58 kilo [Vettel] and 68 kilo [Ricciardo]
    Why would Newey want a 10 kg increase?
    It's not like having two Mark Webers at 75 kg.!!
    Charlie Whiting-Ferrari beware......Most of the Red Bull dominance tricks start like this.
    It must be one of the rabbits Newey has hidden in his hat. Wanna bet he will get his 10 kilos?

Charlie? One should think he is is getting paid by RB not the FIA. Don't put any hopes on him.

According to german Motorsport-total Lotus 2014 car hasnt made it even to simulator...Considering that testing begins in a month the guys at Lotus are pretty late...
    As source they took tweet from Lotus test-driver Nico Prost:
    "Nico Prost ‏@nico_prost 4h
    Yesterday was last day of E21 in the sim @Lotus_F1Team, great car… now flat out on 2014 car!"

If true it means Lotus is out of the picture for next year and McLaren jumps aboard: Ferrari, RB, Mercedes, McLaren........all others....

I can not stop wondering why is our engine so much cheaper than mercedes? Any clues?

Probably to attract customers like Sauber and Marrusia who's main priority is cost. Every engine manufacturer needs more than 1 team running their engine because it means more data gathering which is important for its development. Ferrari's priority is to get some other teams to use their engine, rather than making profit out of it.

Probably to attract customers like Sauber and Marrusia who's main priority is cost. Every engine manufacturer needs more than 1 team running their engine because it means more data gathering which is important for its development. Ferrari's priority is to get some other teams to use their engine, rather than making profit out of it.
    But could not Ferrari do the same with 20mil for one unit istead only 17mil?

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    But could not Ferrari do the same with 20mil for one unit istead only 17mil?
    I'm not sure how the engine maker and customer come to the price (if they are negotiable or not). But I think we can be sure that Ferrari isn't cutting corners to make cheap engine because unlike 3rd party manufacturer, Ferrari is competing as well so our success relies on that engine we make. Safe to say the team will use the most expensive technology allowed by the rules.

I'm not sure how the engine maker and customer come to the price (if they are negotiable or not). But I think we can be sure that Ferrari isn't cutting corners to make cheap engine because unlike 3rd party manufacturer, Ferrari is competing as well so our success relies on that engine we make. Safe to say the team will use the most expensive technology allowed by the rules.
    Lets be honest Hornet none of the top teams would want to use our engines, could you ever imagine Mclaren or Red Bull wanting to win a race powered by Ferrari no chance, there again imagine Mclaren winning a race powered by Ferrari, we fans would be dying with embarrassment and so would all the staff at Maranello. Anyway teams struggle to pay for there engines now, look at Sauber they could not afford to pay Ferrari for the engines this year.

I agree that Ferrari would not like it at all if a Ferrari powered car won in another constructors chassis, but it would be good if those other teams get some technical assistance from Ferrari so that they are not bottom of the championship as well.

The most complete and simple describtion about 2014. With Images.

http://www.f1technical.net/features/...0bc3980ecc290f
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111795
    well i honestly do not know what's my opinion about this
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    Awful, gimmicky nonsense.

I love that drivers can choose their own numbers, though.
    Forza Jules

I can understand what they are trying to do, but it just doesn't feels right. Having one race that carries more weight. This is a slippery slope F1 is heading down

I can understand what they are trying to do, but it just doesn't feels right. Having one race that carries more weight. This is a slippery slope F1 is heading down
    It's a stupid stupid rule. Double point in last race = stupid; last race = Abu Dhabi is stupid ==> combination is super stupid! + what if we're out of engine, then we get a 10 place grid penalty -> screwed.. So we need to start making a special Abu Dhabi package from the beginning and save an engine
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

I hope we see 27 on the Ferrari again
    Forza Ferrari

And some testing this month

Kimi probably won't be allowed to test (or want too).
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I hope we see 27 on the Ferrari again
    Nooo the person who I'd have liked to see with 27 is gone
    Forza Jules

Double points only if the race will be twice as long. Otherwise it's another plastic boobie thing.

Let's bet the numers of our guys:
    Fernando: 7
    Kimi: 11

I don't know, it just somehow fits to them in my head :xmasrolleyes:

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

lemme guess who'd want to have the nr1... vettel
    not gonna change my profile picture

lemme guess who'd want to have the nr1... vettel
    They said nr1 would always be for the champ... so it fits. For now.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Pirelli Tyre test – Bahrain, 17-19 December, 2013
    The F1 Commission agreed to a change to the 2013 Sporting Regulations, on safety grounds, allowing the Formula One tyre supplier to carry out a three-day test in Bahrain from 17-19 December, 2013. All Formula One teams have been invited to take part in the test and six have accepted: Red Bull Racing, Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren, Force India and Toro Rosso.

Sorry if this has been reported already, or if this isn't the most appropriate forum. I haven't seen it posted elsewhere on the site yet. Apparently testing is opened up to everyone and not just the top 3 as had been previously reported.
    Last edited by mkable1370; 9th December 2013 at 20:14.

Quote Originally Posted by mkable1370 View Post
    Pirelli Tyre test – Bahrain, 17-19 December, 2013
    The F1 Commission agreed to a change to the 2013 Sporting Regulations, on safety grounds, allowing the Formula One tyre supplier to carry out a three-day test in Bahrain from 17-19 December, 2013. All Formula One teams have been invited to take part in the test and six have accepted: Red Bull Racing, Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren, Force India and Toro Rosso.

Sorry if this has been reported already, or if this isn't the most appropriate forum. I haven't seen it posted elsewhere on the site yet. Apparently testing is opened up to everyone and not just the top 3 as had been previously reported.
    Where did you read this?

Sorry about that... This was headline article on F1Technical.net earlier today.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/19022

Points for the last race

Double drivers’ and constructors’ points will be awarded at the final race of the Formula One season in order to maximise focus on the Championship until the end of the campaign.