Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2013: Saturday Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Its going to be warmer tomorrow.

Also, Lotus nowhere, Mclaren nowhere but their fans are not slating the car or team, they are cheering them on every lap every race. But not some of our fans. Some reason want heads a rolling, saying drivers suck. Its boring, im sorry to say that. You dont like how the team are doing, dont watch. Simple. Yes it may be frustrating, but thats sport.

Problem is, we had to good 1999-2004 and people expect that now. Never going to happen again. The 2009-now rules play into hands of teams like RBR as they got jump on the simulation and CFD. Even, if we have to hold our chins high for 1 more year as RBR go to win WDC WCC, next years regs arE taking away the aero advantage RBR have.
    its great that u r optimistic rob,but do u seriously expect us to claw back the points deficit just depending on race pace???which btw we kinda have lost now.....i see many people around me saying it can be done like vettel did it last year,but we r forgetting 1 major point here....vettel had the best car at that stage!!!and doesnt look like we r going to be consistently up there any time soon(just have to look at the last 4-5 years!)....u know why we expected ferrari to be able to do it by now???coz ferrari has one of the largest budgets and manpower!!!!!!u just have to look at force india and torro rosso to see the reason why people r so frustrated!!

Thing is we have been bringing lots of development parts more than other teams. I am even mote dissatisfied because it looks like we are working really hard yet still can't do well. That's the biggest disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    In all fairness, he's just trying to use the team's resources efficiently by keeping people away from panic, but we can't hide the fact that the chief designer probably specializes in ice-cream trucks.
    then isnt it his job to get rid of the designer???whats a leader who cant recognise the weak link in his team!!!

Last hear at this track, pirelli brought soft and medium compound. This year hard and medium compound which in a way helps redbull and mercedes so pirelli are being too conservative.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fadyferrari View Post
    its great that u r optimistic rob,but do u seriously expect us to claw back the points deficit just depending on race pace???which btw we kinda have lost now.....i see many people around me saying it can be done like vettel did it last year,but we r forgetting 1 major point here....vettel had the best car at that stage!!!and doesnt look like we r going to be consistently up there any time soon(just have to look at the last 4-5 years!)....u know why we expected ferrari to be able to do it by now???coz ferrari has one of the largest budgets and manpower!!!!!!u just have to look at force india and torro rosso to see the reason why people r so frustrated!!
    Even the largest budget can be wasted by poor designers and incompetent leadership

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Last hear at this track, pirelli brought soft and medium compound. This year hard and medium compound which in a way helps redbull and mercedes so pirelli are being too conservative.
    That is what Lotus moaned about the other week when Pirelli released the tyre selections for next couple races.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

so the time that hamilton has set today in Q3 or 1:29.607 is WAY,WAY faster then teh magic exhsust blown diffuser red fools had in 2011 (when they had by far teh fastest car of all) which the time then it was 1:30.399

all i can say, is those mercedes are FAST over one lap...we'll see how they will use the tires tommorow in teh race....but if they are gonna wear teh tires as per normal during the race, i'm affraid Pettel will WIN this race easily and further extend his lead to Fernando.....

i am really sad about this, and i'm sure all Ferrari fans are....where has our competitive car gone from teh one we had at teh beginning of the year???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That is what Lotus moaned about the other week when Pirelli released the tyre selections for next couple races.
    And they have a very good reason to moan about it. Because, it does not help the teams who are easy on it's tires like us, lotus or force india which is not fair in a way.
    Red is the only color!!!

I'm happy that the Merc locked out the front row not Seb.

Also AMAZING performance by Ricciardo, ahead of a great deal of faster cars, including the very overrated Raikkonen. A whole second faster than Vergne in 13th. I'm really hoping Ferrari are watching Dan.

But i'm a bit gutted for Alonso. I really hope he can do something on race pace as the top 10 will likely be a Mercedes train

We blame everyone and everything- wind tunnel faulty, weather too cold, Pirelli tyres, Mercs cheating with tyre testing, RBs favoured by FIA.....Have not heard a single blame within the team, though

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Even the largest budget can be wasted by poor designers and incompetent leadership
    yeah u r right ...and to those people taking toyota's example and saying their budget was also big and yet they failed,its all nonsense....with all that experience ferrari have in formula 1 ,u cant really expect ferrari to be struggling like toyota!!!they shd know where to look when something needs fixing!!!

I posted on the last page about Alonso saying brought new parts etc etc...not an issue of wind tunnel, a tool to interpret, which we cant do...we have always missed real time data and that's the issue where interpretation is not required...that's the issue!!!!!!

We blame everyone and everything- wind tunnel faulty, weather too cold, Pirelli tyres, Mercs cheating with tyre testing, RBs favoured by FIA.....Have not heard a single blame within the team, though
    Because that's what being a team means. Something some people here don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    I'm happy that the Merc locked out the front row not Seb.

Also AMAZING performance by Ricciardo, ahead of a great deal of faster cars, including the very overrated Raikkonen. A whole second faster than Vergne in 13th. I'm really hoping Ferrari are watching Dan.

But i'm a bit gutted for Alonso. I really hope he can do something on race pace as the top 10 will likely be a Mercedes train
    A great deal faster cars including Ferrari's Alonso is well, not just Raikkonen mate...
    Red is the only color!!!

Stefano really should put his foot down and be more authoritative like Horner and Brawn. Right now he and Boullier look like ****** for doing absolutely nothing to with regard to getting Pirelli on their side.

**You know that sort of language is not allowed here**
    Last edited by REDARMYSOJA; 29th June 2013 at 14:13.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

and if we keep doing things like this,its not long before we can no longer threaten FIA with leaving the sport....lol

yeah u r right ...and to those people taking toyota's example and saying their budget was also big and yet they failed,its all nonsense....with all that experience ferrari have in formula 1 ,u cant really expect ferrari to be struggling like toyota!!!they shd know where to look when something needs fixing!!!
    Who said we're struggling? 2nd in WDC and WCC, and similar results in the past almost 20 years. That's not struggling.

Scuderia Ferrari ‏@InsideFerrari 38m
    Difficult qualifying with Fernando in P10. Ahead of him four cars in one tenth

It was very close tho....

So we are a midfield team now...
    Where has our pace gone, bad upgrades??(more like deupgrades)
    We have to accept the fact that we are done.If mercedes keeps failing with its tiers then Vettel is 2014 WDC and Red-Bull WCC.
    We are lucky if we can at least be 3rd by the end of the year.
    Ferrari should concentrate on 2014 and something has to be changed.
    Same story 3 years in a row, over and over again.
    Feel sorry for Alonso, dissapointed by Massa's underperformance.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    Who said we're struggling? 2nd in WDC and WCC, and similar results in the past almost 20 years. That's not struggling.
    ummm,so u r saying we r NOT STRUGGLING ??might wanna check that with the people around mate!!

ummm,so u r saying we r NOT STRUGGLING ??
    Today, i guess so, but looking at the bigger picture - no. We can't run around calling for heads when we have a bad weekend.

Scratch that, a bad quali*.

Although we were not expected to do well in qualifying, we've done much better than this in past races. In that regard, I was disappointed by our results.

Did the rest of the field overtook us? Was the temperature exposing our weakness again? I don't know, we'll wait and see what the team says.

But I feel we have to end the temperature thing next year. It's not a good thing to rely on sunny and hot weather irrespective of how fast we may be when we're in that ideal condition. Our competitors who can do better outside of those narrow condition range will beat us overall. We cannot keep saying "We don'd do well when it's damp, we don't do well when it's drying, we don't do well when its dry and cloudy."

Hopefully Alonso can salvage a podium, I find it hard to believe that we cannot beat the other non Red Bull teams ahead of us in race trim.

Noone remembers the seconds in this sport, alas. But Vettel clinching 4th consecutive WDC will be remembered, one more and Fangio record equalized, then 2 more and there goes Shumi. But not in a red car...

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Although we were not expected to do well in qualifying, we've done much better than this in past races. In that regard, I was disappointed by our results.

Did the rest of the field overtook us? Was the temperature exposing our weakness again? I don't know, we'll wait and see what the team says.

But I feel we have to end the temperature thing next year. It's not a good thing to rely on sunny and hot weather irrespective of how fast we may be when we're in that ideal condition. Our competitors who can do better outside of those narrow condition range will beat us overall. We cannot keep saying "We don'd do well when it's damp, we don't do well when it's drying, we don't do well when its dry and cloudy."

Hopefully Alonso can salvage a podium, I find it hard to believe that we cannot beat the other non Red Bull teams ahead of us in race trim.
    Yep, a lot of comming races could/should be rainy and "cold". Germany, Belgium, Japan, Korea, Brasil,...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

The temperature thing is not deliberate, its a result of a car lacking downforce, so it does not work the tyres hard enough to heat them up properly. Its the result of clueless engineers. We only look good when the faster cars are hampered by melting tyres, which gives the illusion the Ferrari is fast when its really the same old story since 2011.

Noone remembers the seconds in this sport, alas. But Vettel clinching 4th consecutive WDC will be remembered, one more and Fangio record equalized, then 2 more and there goes Shumi. But not in a red car...
    Yea, I remember people saying it's not possible to see such a domination of Ferrari and Michael. But look at them!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Today, i guess so, but looking at the bigger picture - no. We can't run around calling for heads when we have a bad weekend.

Scratch that, a bad quali*.
    havent we held that (heads rolling) off for too long now???lets not call that "a bad quali"...its the "ferrari trend"now if u ask me.....

I really do wonder where is the pace gone? be it due to the cooler temperature coupled with our car lacking downforce,its not just Acceptable from a team like Ferrari.

Martin Brundle said (in Q2) that Alonso was driving the wheels off the F138 and still only got a P6.the car is NOT as good as it is widely perceived. Redbull and Mercedes were saying from RACE ONE of 2013 Season that they aren't going the pace of their car but the pace of their tyres so I guess we all assumed that they must be lying and ignored but FACT is that they weren't lying or making up excuses,it was **** right true.AND now after upgrades and new aero packages they seemed to have that Tyre Issues under control we are back in the position we belong ATLEAST in Qualifying(the Race is a different story)..Its just my opinion and everyone has one..still I am optimistic and hope for a good result and a DNF for Vettel...FORZA FERRARI..
    Last edited by REDARMYSOJA; 29th June 2013 at 14:14.

Let us hope for 2014 when testing will be allowed that our big budget will help our poor engineers see their shortcomings before race weekends. Testing 100 upgrades will inevitably show at least one that works on track.

Disappointed, to say the least and I'm not even gonna pretend that I'm not. Of course it's VERY frustrating to see my beloved team struggling so much, but there's no way I will ever bash the team or any team member, like some so called "fans" on here. Pathetic behaviour.
    What do you people think that if you use foul language and insult the team and it's members then that will make everything magically better??? IT WON'T! Instead of showing support to your team in a bad time like a true fan, you bash and hammer the team! Sad, really sad. But if you people want to let off some steam and it makes you feel better then who am I to stop you...go ahead. I just personally think that it's really wrong to support and cheer the team on only when they're winning and then start bashing everyone as soon as things get sour, but hey that's just what I think.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI