Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massa: "Ferrari to decide on 2014 focus switch"

Basically I see no point in such "communications" coming from drivers.

Not sure if what Massa did was clever and if that's going to serve him well.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

We need to continue developing the 2013 car. It's not just about if we have a realistic chance of taking the titles this year but also to confirm whether or not additional updates work. We need to work extra hard and figure out the route of the problems and fix them. If we cannot solve our development problems this year how can we solve it next year? It's only going to be harder next year. It does sound like Ferrari are giving up and perhaps this was why Alonso was angry at the team? Remember, Alonso did say early on in the year that we need to continue developing the 2013 car and not give up. We tried it in the latter part of 2012 but kind of gave up as they weren't working and it seems like the same thing happening this year too.

next year?

half of this season is left... I will support Scuderia through thick and thin but i'll not bother watching the remainder of the races if the 2013 car is abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Basically I see no point in such "communications" coming from drivers.

Not sure if what Massa did was clever and if that's going to serve him well.
    What Massa said is what anyone with half a brain can figure out. It's not rocket science.

Every team are preparing to shift their focus on 2014 as early as they can. Those not in the title hunt like McLaren have already done so. It's common sense.

Speaking of 2014, Scarbs posted this on twitter:

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1 57m
    Chief aerodynamicist Nicolas Hennel has left Ferrari after just over a year in the role, previously he was at McLaren and Renault
    With Head of Aero Marco De Luca also departing the team this year some big restructuring seems to be going on.

Although Marco de Luca lost his head of aero job in 2011 and was moved to head of aero for GT cars, and more recently went to Lamborghini. Disappointed we've lost Hennel though. I don't think there's any big restructuring, just that Hennel left.