Thread: Massa confirms Ferrari exit

Massa confirms Ferrari exit

The Formula One rumour mill has gone into overdrive with many claiming Ferrari will confirm the return of Kimi Raikkonen over the next few days.

Raikkonen's two-year contract with Lotus runs out at the end of the season and, although the squad want to retain his services, the Finn insists he won't even enter into negotiations until they have resolved some "issues".

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali also dismissed reports in Italy over the weekend that they have already made a decision on their line-up, saying: "The fact we have not decided yet means we are putting on the table all the elements.

"And the fact we are not taking a decision from an emotional point of view is because we want to give consideration to everything."

However, speculation is rife that Raikkonen is on the verge of returning as he has now put pen to paper.

BBC Sport reports that 'the Finn's deal to rejoin the team for whom he won the world title in 2007 is said to have been completed on Monday and could be announced imminently'.

Raikkonen joined Ferrari from McLaren in 2007 and he won his maiden World Championship in the same year, but he left the team and the sport at the end of 2009 to make way for Spaniard Fernando Alonso.

Brazilian Felipe Massa will be the one to make way this time as Ferrari are eager to pair Raikkonen up with double World Champion Alonso from next year.

It means it will be the end of the 33-year-old Massa's association with the Italian outfit which started back in 2003 when he joined as a test driver.

Meanwhile, Alonso refused to get involved in the speculation during a Q&A on Twitter, saying: "I said yesterday to the media it's not possible for me to talk of any name for next year because I have a lot of respect for Felipe.

"We've been working very hard and close for four years to give Ferrari the maximum.

"Whatever decision the team will take will be good for me and we will keep working to give Ferrari the best results possible."

SOURCE - http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/...s-Ferrari-exit

LOOKS LIKE RAIKKONEN IS COMING BACK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exeau View Post
    The Formula One rumour mill has gone into overdrive with many claiming Ferrari will confirm the return of Kimi Raikkonen over the next few days.

Raikkonen's two-year contract with Lotus runs out at the end of the season and, although the squad want to retain his services, the Finn insists he won't even enter into negotiations until they have resolved some "issues".

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali also dismissed reports in Italy over the weekend that they have already made a decision on their line-up, saying: "The fact we have not decided yet means we are putting on the table all the elements.

"And the fact we are not taking a decision from an emotional point of view is because we want to give consideration to everything."

However, speculation is rife that Raikkonen is on the verge of returning as he has now put pen to paper.

BBC Sport reports that 'the Finn's deal to rejoin the team for whom he won the world title in 2007 is said to have been completed on Monday and could be announced imminently'.

Raikkonen joined Ferrari from McLaren in 2007 and he won his maiden World Championship in the same year, but he left the team and the sport at the end of 2009 to make way for Spaniard Fernando Alonso.

Brazilian Felipe Massa will be the one to make way this time as Ferrari are eager to pair Raikkonen up with double World Champion Alonso from next year.

It means it will be the end of the 33-year-old Massa's association with the Italian outfit which started back in 2003 when he joined as a test driver.

Meanwhile, Alonso refused to get involved in the speculation during a Q&A on Twitter, saying: "I said yesterday to the media it's not possible for me to talk of any name for next year because I have a lot of respect for Felipe.

"We've been working very hard and close for four years to give Ferrari the maximum.

"Whatever decision the team will take will be good for me and we will keep working to give Ferrari the best results possible."

SOURCE - http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/...s-Ferrari-exit

LOOKS LIKE RAIKKONEN IS COMING BACK!!!!

Triplicate thread. Closing.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus