Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Iceman Cometh (Back)!!! And personally...

One Ferrari seat is available for 2014 and possibly beyond and that's about it. Who gets it is unknown.

It is nothing but a good thing to have Ferrari sign Kimi. To get a Driver now "More Matured" and Hungry for another Title with the team that got him his first one is a goo thing. This also makes Alonso think twice about all of the Ego things we keep hearing in the Media about him and make hime driver harder. A little pressure is good in life to get the best out of a person, especially in Formula One. Maybe Alonso has grown to "Comfortable" at Ferrari and maybe Luca Di Montezemolo sees that. Having two of the best drivers in Formula One on the Ferrari team is a very good thing and the rivalry to do better than the other could spark some good performances from both drivers. The Drivers get paid ungodly amounts of money so they have just one job : "Get the Most out of the Race Car and MORE"! Yes, Ferrari should push the Drivers to perform as hard as they and the Car can!

Forza Ferrari!!!!

I like kimi, but i dont think there be a good chemistry with him and alonso, di resta, or hulkenburg for me is much more viable, atleast will have some young guns to develope

Quote Originally Posted by Chicane View Post
    I like kimi, but i dont think there be a good chemistry with him and alonso, di resta, or hulkenburg for me is much more viable, atleast will have some young guns to develope
    Does Kimi has any chemistry with anyone but Vettel?, he comes, drive and go home. As I said before I'm really worried about his works ethics, specially compared with Fernando, and also we know that Felipe and Fernando driving styles are similar and they can exchange set-ups with no problem and work in the same direction because of that, with Kimi I don't know.

If Ferrari hire Kimi, they are hiring a World Champion Driver. He has performed at the very highest level at Lotus and this is why he is an excellent choice. People can make the arguement for a "Young Gun" but the ability and caliber of one of the top drivers in the world should not be taken lightly. There is no guarantee but I would much rather have a World Champion driver performing at the highest level right now than a young unknown prosect trying to develop. Maybe it is a good direction to have Two World Champion Drivers and if Ferrari has a problem with one, they have a second, equally qualified driver to excel the team. Maybe this is a good direction for Ferrari in the simple fact that it is time to put Ferrari back in the spotlight and NOT any one driver. I think this is about getting the team "balanced" again and having control of the situation.

Chemistry between the drivers is important to a degree. The interaction and development of the race car, the setup of the car and understanding the behavior of the car are all part of the interaction of the drivers working as a "TEAM"! Both drivers are very professional and know that each can excel in their own right if they work together and develop the race car. Ferrari have to certainly give both drivers the tools to win and they will. Ferrari has to be a TEAM in every aspect of the car development and advancement. The opportunity for Both drivers to win a title must be there and happen. No more EXCUSES! Just win races!

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    It can work as there is 2 sides in the garage, I will admit it wont be easy but it can work. As for rehiring Kimi again that unfortunately is business, but since his return to F1 for Lotus, I would say along with Vettel, Alonso, they have been the most consistent drivers on the grid. As for Kimi fans hating Ferrari because he was fired, well if you are a Kimi fan there is no where better to see your favourite driver, at the best team in the world, once he is behind the wheel of the Red car all will be forgotten by the Kimi fans. And people who don't like Kimi will also change there opinion of him, once he starts to put good points on the board...
    And that is what i don't get. It will all be forgotten, just like that? I do remember how is was for a Fernandofan to have a look into forums after he joined Ferrari! Sorry, but i'm not going to simply 'forget' that. I have nothing against Kimi, aside from his non-personality which isn't my cup of tea. But the way Kimibots spat their hate against my favourite driver as if he was the biggest evil in the world, and against my favourite team the same way, thank you very much, i have no desire to welcome any of them, and i also don't think its going to work for this forum. Unless they learn how to communicate in a 'normal' way. Anyway- this is not my concern but the concern of the mods, i have the popcorn ready just in case

I like FA and Kimi and I just hope they can work together ... It would be the awesome to see Ferrari on top again .
    "Michael showed that he is the greatest. He stole the show today. And he did that without even winning the race." comments from Willi Weber
    D:\estelle\My Folders\F1 Photos\Avitars\e960c1b2.jpg

If the car situation not improve for the 2014 the situation remain in same position. Fighting for the 2 position. Fernando don't have a dominant car, like Schumacher in golden era, Kimi is not a such great worker like Massa.We will see, but I prefer Hulkenberg. Yes, Kimi is a great driver, and a great caracter, but I think is not enough. We must hire Briatore or Brawn.

Kimi is better than Vettel, as good as Lewis and Alonso is better than them all. Now we need Briatore and were good to go. The car needs help! He alone can shame the techs into submission, no one is doing it now. It ain't just the tires.
    [SIGPIC]

So Ferrari signs Kimi to a one year deal with an option on 2015? It looks as if Luca is making a statement to Alonso that he is the boss and you will always be just a driver. If the 2014 car is a dog, Alonso will leave Ferrari, and I think Luca is covering himself with brining Kimi on board. I think there is some real friction w/ Ferrari and Alonso right now. The only cure for this is a fast race car.

will be funny if Ferrari sign Nico haha. Welcome back Kimi

Quote Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
    So Ferrari signs Kimi to a one year deal with an option on 2015? It looks as if Luca is making a statement to Alonso that he is the boss and you will always be just a driver. If the 2014 car is a dog, Alonso will leave Ferrari, and I think Luca is covering himself with brining Kimi on board. I think there is some real friction w/ Ferrari and Alonso right now. The only cure for this is a fast race car.
    There is no tension, Luca Di said at Monza that Alonso was the best driver we have had and that they all want the same thing, to win. Alonso has said much the same and spoke how the press are the ones just creating something that do not exist.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    And that is what i don't get. It will all be forgotten, just like that? I do remember how is was for a Fernandofan to have a look into forums after he joined Ferrari! Sorry, but i'm not going to simply 'forget' that. I have nothing against Kimi, aside from his non-personality which isn't my cup of tea. But the way Kimibots spat their hate against my favourite driver as if he was the biggest evil in the world, and against my favourite team the same way, thank you very much, i have no desire to welcome any of them, and i also don't think its going to work for this forum. Unless they learn how to communicate in a 'normal' way. Anyway- this is not my concern but the concern of the mods, i have the popcorn ready just in case
    Well Hermann if it is Alonso and Kimi as our drivers for next year I will give them and the team 100% backing as per usual. If it does not work Ferrari will have to sort it out, hopefully we will have a great car next year and our drivers will finish 1 and 2 with Alonso on the top step. And we will all be happy.

“I do not want two roosters in the hen house"

Can't you make new with old?
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

Spanish tweet to Alonso
    "No hay duda de que Fernando es un líder, ¡y con Ferrari está moviendo montañas!"
    4 down, 3 to go! Forza Sebastian!

Quote Originally Posted by scuderia_nano View Post
    Spanish tweet to Alonso
    "No hay duda de que Fernando es un líder, ¡y con Ferrari está moviendo montañas!"
    What is bizarre about this tweet is that it was already tweeted on the 9th of September (in three languages, as they usually do):

@alo_oficial Domenicali: "There is no doubt that Fernando is a leader, and with a Ferrari is moving the mountains!"

@alo_oficial Domenicali: "Non c'è dubbio che Fernando sia un leader, e con la Ferrari riesca a spostare le montagne!"

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    That may well be what di Montezemolo said; but, it would appear Signor Ferrari had a different philosophy, if Wikipedia is to be believed!
    Not knowing very much about Signor Ferrari, I will not (out of respect) repeat/post the criticism levied at him; but, I will ask those of you who know better:
    Did Signor Ferrari have this same philosophy?

Kimi isn't a rooster, he cannot get up that early
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    It is nothing but a good thing to have Ferrari sign Kimi. To get a Driver now "More Matured" and Hungry for another Title with the team that got him his first one is a goo thing. This also makes Alonso think twice about all of the Ego things we keep hearing in the Media about him and make hime driver harder. A little pressure is good in life to get the best out of a person, especially in Formula One. Maybe Alonso has grown to "Comfortable" at Ferrari and maybe Luca Di Montezemolo sees that. Having two of the best drivers in Formula One on the Ferrari team is a very good thing and the rivalry to do better than the other could spark some good performances from both drivers. The Drivers get paid ungodly amounts of money so they have just one job : "Get the Most out of the Race Car and MORE"! Yes, Ferrari should push the Drivers to perform as hard as they and the Car can!

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    i don't think Fernando can even drive much harder than he did last year, i don't understand what you or anyone else expect him to do more. of course it's good that a driver feels little pressure in team, however to say that he feels too comfortable is wrong, he has worked to be where he is and is working today for it too, or are we watching different races?

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    Kimi isn't a rooster, he cannot get up that early

Love him or hate him, he's fast and a world champion, so certainly a rooster by LDM's definition.

Love him or hate him, he's fast and a world champion, so certainly a rooster by LDM's definition.
    i don't hate him, i hate his fans

Im very excited about this. BUT. As every1 is saying, the car has to be good or else there is no point in having the best driver partnership since Senna/Prost. Please Ferrari build a beautiful fast machine!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!