Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Apology

you people are weird when you're not watching F1
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    it gets weirder when we indeed are watching f1
    not gonna change my profile picture

Frankly, can you trust a media whose language inflicts to names inflections of this sort?

Ferrari > Ferrarilla, Ferrarille, Ferrarin;
    Domenicali > Domenicalilla;
    Todt > Todtilla;
    Brawn > Brawnilla;
    Allison > Allisonilta;
    Alonso > Alonson, Alonsoa;
    and
    Massa > Massan?
    Honestly...

Jokes notwithstanding the apology thingy looks like the revenge of the killer tomatoes.

Of course we must show some understanding for the Finns who, after having raised Raikkönen to the level of God, if not a bit higher, had to witness Kimi being thrown like a litterbug. A terrible trauma, really, so seeing him reinstalled back into a Ferrari has produced a sort of general orgasm to the editorial staff of suomif1 and I wouldn't be surprised if they ask the Government that the 12th of September be declared Official National Pride Day.

So, I understand them and gladly excuse them for having invented the "Apology" detail.

But as much as I understand the Finns recovered pride, with or without apologies, I have more problems understanding Montezemolo management.

It is said that Alonso is getting to much power inside Ferrari and, by hiring a top shot like Raikkonen, Montezemolo wanted to send Fernando a strong signal.
    Oh, but wait... Assuming that this is true, it would mean that he, the CEO, needs to resort to a subterfuge to get an employee "fall in line"? If such is the case it could signify that time has come for Luca to go fishing. After all he's 66 years old.

It is also said that LdM is very disappointed, even desperate, about Ferrari's results and chose to exchange his pride against a solution that could boost the team.
    This hypothesis would be much worst than the first one for it would mean that he hasn't understood anything of what's going on in Maranello. We have, everybody agrees on this, the most talented, the most tenacious and, probably, the most intelligent driver around. In spite of this we can't win.
    Even my cat could tell that the point at issue is not the driver but the car/the team/the organization, and therefore is not by adding Raikkönen to Alonso that the REAL problems of Ferrari will be solved. If ever they could be worsened, McLaren style.
    If Luca di considers Raikkonen a solution, then it is REALLY time for him to go fishing.

A third hypothesis/rumor is that Domenicali has lobbied like crazy to get Raikkonen back, probably because he feels/he's scared/he's worried of Alonso (and Stella?) gaining to much power.

Of all the hypothesis this one would be the worst for it could be the sign that Ferrari has been caught up by the old demons which, years ago, nearly killed it: intrigues replacing management.

I don't know which one, if any, of this hypothesis/rumors are true but there is probably a little bit of truth in everyone of them.

There could be cloudy seasons ahead.

PS. I don't think that LdM made any excuses, officials or not, to KR, but, in any case, he certainly made a blot on Ferrari's pride. And we care very, very much about Ferrari's pride, don't we?

Next to the spotted pride LdM has, in my humble opinion, made a gross miscalculation.
    But, after all, I'm just a fan....
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

I am sorry but if Ferrari have done this because they think Alonso has gotten too big for his boots, then they really only have themselves to blame for creating that monster.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    Yes, I agree with you.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Spirit View Post
    Frankly, can you trust a media whose language inflicts to names inflections of this sort?

Todt > Todtilla;
    Brawn > Brawnilla;
    Allison > Allisonilta;
    and
    Massa > Massan?
    Honestly...

Jokes notwithstanding the apology thingy looks like the revenge of the killer tomatoes.

Of course we must show some understanding for the Finns who, after having raised Raikkönen to the level of God, if not a bit higher, had to witness Kimi being thrown like a litterbug. A terrible trauma, really, so seeing him reinstalled back into a Ferrari has produced a sort of general orgasm to the editorial staff of suomif1 and I wouldn't be surprised if they ask the Government that the 12th of September be declared Official National Pride Day.

So, I understand them and gladly excuse them for having invented the "Apology" detail.

But as much as I understand the Finns recovered pride, with or without apologies, I have more problems understanding Montezemolo management.

It is said that Alonso is getting to much power inside Ferrari and, by hiring a top shot like Raikkonen, Montezemolo wanted to send Fernando a strong signal.
    Oh, but wait... Assuming that this is true, it would mean that he, the CEO, needs to resort to a subterfuge to get an employee "fall in line"? If such is the case it could signify that time has come for Luca to go fishing. After all he's 66 years old.

It is also said that LdM is very disappointed, even desperate, about Ferrari's results and chose to exchange his pride against a solution that could boost the team.
    This hypothesis would be much worst than the first one for it would mean that he hasn't understood anything of what's going on in Maranello. We have, everybody agrees on this, the most talented, the most tenacious and, probably, the most intelligent driver around. In spite of this we can't win.
    Even my cat could tell that the point at issue is not the driver but the car/the team/the organization, and therefore is not by adding Raikkönen to Alonso that the REAL problems of Ferrari will be solved. If ever they could be worsened, McLaren style.
    If Luca di considers Raikkonen a solution, then it is REALLY time for him to go fishing.

A third hypothesis/rumor is that Domenicali has lobbied like crazy to get Raikkonen back, probably because he feels/he's scared/he's worried of Alonso (and Stella?) gaining to much power.

Of all the hypothesis this one would be the worst for it could be the sign that Ferrari has been caught up by the old demons which, years ago, nearly killed it: intrigues replacing management.

I don't know which one, if any, of this hypothesis/rumors are true but there is probably a little bit of truth in everyone of them.

PS. I don't think that LdM made any excuses, officials or not, to KR, but, in any case, he certainly made a blot on Ferrari's pride. And we care very, very much about Ferrari's pride, don't we?

Next to the spotted pride LdM has, in my humble opinion, made a gross miscalculation.
    Is it ok in this forum to attack nationality? Since if it is, I know lot jokes and less funny ones also...
    Is it ok to blashemy, making religious connections where there is none? Since if it is, I as atheist know lot jokes and less funny ones too about religious beliefs of other people...
    Is it ok to accuse nationality of lying? Since hey, that is easy to do...

Just asking, otherwise this Apology thread is kind of funny. Mean but funny. Then again most funny things are mean. Some people just forget the fun part and do only mean.

I doubt this has got anything to do with Alonso. Ferrari is going through a challenging period and the problem is not about who has power in the team, its our performance on track.

I'm sure Luca's decision (or at least I hope) is purely to fix our performance problem because that should be our one and only focus. I'm not sure what role Luca sees in Kimi, but he's bringing in other people too including Lotus' aero guy, so clearly he's making all these changes to fix our one and only problem right now, the performance.

What kind of contributions Kimi is expected to deliver, we will have to wait and see next season. So yeah, I believe the 2nd hypothesis is true, that these are all done with the aim of getting the team back to it's winning ways.

Though it doesn't mean we're lowering our pride in taking Kimi back, as much as the Finnish media wants to believe. Ferrari did the right thing in letting Kimi go 4 years ago. His motivation was pretty much empty at that point. It's possible that Kimi found new motivation in his return to F1, and Luca believe that we can utilize that in the next 2 years.

BTW, Webber said he believe Kimi is a short term goal before Ferrari finally make a move for Vettel. I think I'm going to agree with Webber here. Luca seems to praise Vettel a lot. Wouldn't surprise me if Vettel is Luca's end game.
    http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...ove-for-vettel

Todt > Todtilla;
    Brawn > Brawnilla;
    Allison > Allisonilta;
    and
    Massa > Massan?
    Honestly...

I think that none of your hypotheses/rumours are true. It's wild speculation at best. Luca knows very well what's going on inside the team, that's why all this restructuring and reshuffling is taking place at the moment. If nothing would change after all these years of getting the same results then there would be a cause for concern, but it is obvious that drastic measures are being taken inside the team in order to try and turn things around, and that's exactly what I as a Ferrari fan would expect them to do. Look how many new people Ferrari have hired and is still hiring...all kinds of aerodynamic geniuses and engineers. So I'd say Luca is doing a good job as a president and he certainly doesn't need to "go fishing".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dodo View Post
    Is it ok in this forum to attack nationality? Since if it is, I know lot jokes and less funny ones also...
    Is it ok to blashemy, making religious connections where there is none? Since if it is, I as atheist know lot jokes and less funny ones too about religious beliefs of other people...
    Is it ok to accuse nationality of lying? Since hey, that is easy to do...

Just asking, otherwise this Apology thread is kind of funny. Mean but funny. Then again most funny things are mean. Some people just forget the fun part and do only mean.
    It looks like you had your day off when they were distributing the sense of humor, Badlucky Dodo.
    Otherwise, what is your point?

"Frankly, can you trust a media whose language inflicts to names inflections of this sort?"
    "Of course we must show some understanding for the Finns who, after having raised Raikkönen to the level of God, if not a bit higher, had to witness Kimi being thrown like a litterbug. A terrible trauma, really, so seeing him reinstalled back into a Ferrari has produced a sort of general orgasm to the editorial staff of suomif1 and I wouldn't be surprised if they ask the Government that the 12th of September be declared Official National Pride Day"

At least media in that country is independent and not own by some wiceguy who owns half of the countrys media

Funny how you see that rehiring our last champion is a "blot to Ferraris pride". And pride goes before fall anyway..

And what comes to 2007 McLaren, if history repeats itself, it will be because of "the most talented, the most tenacious and, probably, the most intelligent driver around", not
    because our last champion. If great samurai can`t handle some inteam competition, maby he is not so great afterall..
    Last edited by Winter; 14th September 2013 at 12:59.

It looks like you had your day off when they were distributing the sense of humor, Badlucky Dodo.
    Otherwise, what is your point?

Oh, I understood your jokes. I am just asking if I will also not being warned/kicked out of forum, if I do same, but target other people than Finns?
    Or are you too full of grappa (italian spirit) to understand that?

Todt > Todtilla;
    Brawn > Brawnilla;
    Allison > Allisonilta;
    and
    Massa > Massan?
    Honestly...

That part was brilliant by the way.

Please could everyone be polite to one another and keep national stereotypes out of it. This is a light-hearted thread, please keep it so.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    I think that none of your hypotheses/rumours are true. It's wild speculation at best. Luca knows very well what's going on inside the team, that's why all this restructuring and reshuffling is taking place at the moment. If nothing would change after all these years of getting the same results then there would be a cause for concern, but it is obvious that drastic measures are being taken inside the team in order to try and turn things around, and that's exactly what I as a Ferrari fan would expect them to do. Look how many new people Ferrari have hired and is still hiring...all kinds of aerodynamic geniuses and engineers. So I'd say Luca is doing a good job as a president and he certainly doesn't need to "go fishing".
    Your hypothesis/rumors/speculations are worth mine.
    And vice versa.
    So here we are, exactly at the same point: nowhere.
    And not a rational explanation for the re-hiring of Raikkonen.

PS. Go soft with the word "geniuses", please. I don't know of any Mozart, Leonardo or Einstein working in F1.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Please could everyone be polite to one another and keep national stereotypes out of it. This is a light-hearted thread, please keep it so.
    Light hearted, but heavy *****
    Last edited by Rob; 14th September 2013 at 14:05.

Your hypothesis/rumors/speculations are worth mine.
    And vice versa.
    So here we are, exactly at the same point: nowhere.
    And not a rational explanation for the re-hiring of Raikkonen.

PS. Go soft with the word "geniuses", please. I don't know of any Mozart, Leonardo or Einstein working in F1.
    Uhmm...I think James Allison is much better in F1 aerodynamics and engineering than Mozart ever was, but maybe I'm wrong.

Suzie, in general I love your posts and find cute your "motherly" your "interventions" when things get a bit out of hand. But this one is worthy a Boarding School for Young Ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Uhmm...I think James Allison is much better in F1 aerodynamics and engineering than Mozart ever was, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Finally somebody with the sense of humor!
    One for you, Nero!

Suzie, in general I love your posts and find cute your "motherly" your "interventions" when things get a bit out of hand. But this one is worthy a Boarding School for Young Ladies.
    All I am saying is that there's no need to make comments on Finns, Italians, Outer Mongolians, or anyone...

Also please don't call me motherly
    Forza Jules

All I am saying is that there's no need to make comments on Finns, Italians, Outer Mongolians, or anyone...

Also please don't call me motherly
    Hmm, you more of a cuddly type?

..I am exiting this thread immediately.
    Forza Jules

Todt > Todtilla;
    Brawn > Brawnilla;
    Allison > Allisonilta;
    and
    Massa > Massan?
    Honestly...
    Right.

If you had mentioned that you find Finnish language difficult all you needed to do was to let us know and this confusion could have been avoided. I admit that Finnish probably is not the easiest language to learn but since even small children over here speak Finnish then it is not impossible.

We have very little prepositions in Finnish language and because of that the each word in question is usually inflected as needed and then the word gets a different ending depending on each case. The Finnish words you listed above such as Ferrarilla (= at Ferrari), Ferrarille (=to Ferrari), Ferrarin (=of Ferrari or Ferrari's) are inflected ie. they consist of basic word + inflection affix.

If you have further questions of the language feel free to ask and we will gladly help.

As a demonstration of Finnish language in practice here's one example of alleged discussion between Mr Raikkonen and his race engineer during a race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcLXzmSxvRk

I have to admit that if Mr Raikkonen would use Italian from 2014 on this discussion would definitely lose some of the vital nuances in expressing oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dodo View Post
    Oh, I understood your jokes. I am just asking if I will also not being warned/kicked out of forum, if I do same, but target other people than Finns?
    Or are you too full of grappa (italian spirit) to understand that?
    A blatant case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Should you need help with the above idiom:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot...e_kettle_black

A blatant case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Should you need help with the above idiom:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot...e_kettle_black

Come on grappa, are you calling me vodka?

In case you don't know what vodka is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodka

This thread will be locked if this kind of chat continues. Shush. Or in keeping with the nationality rubbish, here's something Northern Irish... WIND YOUR NECKS IN.
    Forza Jules

Hmm, and I thought we finally got to the light hearted part after looooong hard ***** part...

Last edited by Rob; 14th September 2013 at 14:06. Reason: Two posts and swearing. Filter the whole word please.

Behave, or I will send you all a knife and kick your TV.

As long as I get my fork too...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    But if you as a moderator put those provocative comments and pictures here, what do you expect to happen?
    I think that you are just turning Kimi fans to Kimbots with that kind of behaviour. If moderators act like that why fans shouldn`t?
    It was a joke. Lighten up.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Hey you guys.
    I am sorry as well.