Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Singapore GP - news & team quotes.

Singapore GP - news & team quotes.

Let's get back to racing

The event that lights up the still short history of the Singapore Grand Prix, at least as far as Scuderia Ferrari is concerned, was Fernando Alonso’s win in 2010. That year, hot off a win in Monza, Fernando had to dig deep, using all his talent to fend off Vettel, first in qualifying and then all race long, with the Red Bull a constant presence in the Spaniard’s mirrors, even during the only pit stop. The man from Oviedo thus got the Grand Slam, taking the win, pole position and also the fastest race lap, leading from the start to the chequered flag.

Historically, the Singapore track has suited the Ferrari man. From five starts, Alonso has made it to the podium four times: apart from the 2010 win, he was also victorious in 2008 and came third in 2009 and 2012, with a fourth place in 2011 as his worst result. Felipe Massa’s Singapore tally is much sparser. His best result in Formula 1’s first ever night race is an eighth place, which he managed twice, in 2010 and 2012, while he was ninth in 2011. In the first edition of the race he finished outside the points. And yet, Felipe’s first encounter with this track got off to the best possible start. In 2008, the Brazilian took a fantastic pole position, with a lap six tenths quicker than second placed Hamilton and eight better than his team-mate, Raikkonen. He got away very well and had a clear lead, but then Felipe was embroiled in one of Formula 1’s darkest hour of recent times and the darkness was not due to a failure of the artificial lights. A Safety Car period provoked by a euphemistically naughty spin from Nelsinho Piquet, led to the Ferrari drivers having to go for a double pit stop: during the refuelling on Felipe’s car, human error meant that Felipe pulled away before the work was done and he drove away before the fuel line had been removed. The disaster, under the glare of the world’s TV cameras, ruined the Brazilian’s race, when he looked to be heading for a win, with all that would have entailed in terms of the points standings. Since then, the curse of Singapore has followed Felipe over the past years: in 2010 a gearbox failure in qualifying meant he had to start from the back of the grid, in 2011, a puncture following a collision with Hamilton after 12 laps, dropped him to the back of the pack and another puncture, this time in the exciting moments after the start also ruined last year’s race for the Brazilian, although a strong fight up the order saw him end up back in the points.

If one considers that Raikkonen and Fisichella, the other two drivers who have driven a Ferrari at this event have never managed to pick up even a single point, one can understand how much the outcome of this race for Ferrari, at least in statistical terms, is linked to Fernando Alonso. Anyway, it’s the role of great leaders to light the way and Fernando is certainly one of those, as he has shown so often in these four seasons in red.
    Forza Ferrari

I myself like the track to be honest but the combination Ferrari-Singapore wasn't very happy in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Let's get back to racing
    Right!

To be honest: I gave up my hope for WDC 2013 ... this one belongs to RB and Vettel. They performed better than we did after April. So this must be honoured - even if they are competitors (and personally also not very liked)
    I must be very happy circumstances. And based we have seen in the past the future wouln't point into direction that RBs struggling and loosing it (especially for Vettel in person). So the feasibility is nearly 0 if we face the facts.

BUT: I'm not disappointed - NO! not more ... I was (be honest) ... but that's the way it goes: sometimes you win, more often you loose.

I hope our boys show good fight with the tools we got from fabric. And maybe the new parts are good enough to make it a bit harder for RBs to win each single race from now on and it isn't for sure before we arrive a track.
    Especially the beginning of the farewell tour for Felipe will also a thing to remember with this race ...

Ride swift Eorlingas, we fight 'gainst the Dark,
    Steadfast and true are the men of the Mark!
    May peace be our prize at the end of the day,
    Forth Eorlingas, heed horn and away!
    can't hardly wait for the boys in RED to turn up in the TV and watch them compete
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

I assume Ferrari will be bringing updates to this track. Here's hoping that the updates will bring positive results. This will be the first "normal circuit" test for us since summer break.

After 5 days of TSN mayhem, this thread feels fresh

I think Singapore will the do or die race for us this season. If we get closer to Bulls, we will still work on 2013, else season busted.

Certainly is a must win race, if Seb wins this one then I would have to agree it's all over for us this year barring a miracle of some sort.
    Forza Ferrari

Most of us seem resigned to the fact that we're not going to beat RB and Vettel this year, but let's hope we can frighten them and that Felipe gets to show everyone he's not down and out yet.

Great to see racing back..Never crazy about nitetime F1 racing..Looks to me like theyre
    in some sort of giant ice skating rink. But they r back, and it would certainly be great to get a Ferrari win.

I don't think we've ever had a wet night race in Singapore. Closest I could recall was a wet Free Practice session.

F1 site shows the weather to be thunderstorm for all 3 days at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I don't think we've ever had a wet night race in Singapore. Closest I could recall was a wet Free Practice session.

F1 site shows the weather to be thunderstorm for all 3 days at the moment
    It was also showing before Monza race that axes will fall down on Sunday, and we had just a couple of rain drops...

from tactical point of view, Singapore grand prix is the last line of defence for us.. Mercs probably can fight with RB for the pole and we are hoping to finish ahead of Vettel. I will be there to cheer for our boys. Fonza!

Quote Originally Posted by yz2006 View Post
    from tactical point of view, Singapore grand prix is the last line of defence for us.. Mercs probably can fight with RB for the pole and we are hoping to finish ahead of Vettel. I will be there to cheer for our boys. Fonza!
    Have fun and shout our guys to great results

fernando and the rest of ferrari sounds very confident about this coming Singapore gp.
    looks to me they have a surprise with the f-138
    Hell would have broken loose

I kind of hope that Ferrari have already switched development to next year's car. I have the feeling that the Redbull is just too fast to reach. Maybe if we were closer to them in points and if Ferrari's car was as quick as theirs, we could catch up. Even if the Ferrari and Redbull were identical in performance, It would be really hard to catch back up to Vettel. I wouldn't want to see Ferrari on the back foot again for the next generation of f1 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by anakin View Post
    fernando and the rest of ferrari sounds very confident about this coming Singapore gp.
    looks to me they have a surprise with the f-138
    how do you know about this??? you have the LINK to an article or something???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    how do you know about this??? you have the LINK to an article or something???
    I heard an interview at the Monza grandprix with Domenicali, and he seemed confident of Ferrari chances for the up coming race at Singapore. Maybe Ferrari have a big upgrade for Singapore, and hence some confidence, anyway was this not always the plan for a big upgrade for this race. Could be exciting for us, but as usual we will have to wait and see....

I have to say I love that writing style
    a euphemistically naughty spin from Nelsinho Piquet
    not gonna change my profile picture

Certainly is a must win race, if Seb wins this one then I would have to agree it's all over for us this year barring a miracle of some sort.
    I second that mate. We need to get a win, and start hauling in Sebs lead. If no divine intervention will come to our aid, then lets hold our heads high and take it on chin and come back double stronger and all resources on 2014. The only problem then, if RBR wrap up titles asap, then they will switch to 2014 car. We need to try and push them all the way.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

quote from http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...3/9/14977.html

Paul Hembery, Pirelli motorsport director
    “The tyres we are bringing to Singapore this year represent a change from last year, when we went for supersoft and soft. This is because the tyres are generally softer across the board this year in order to maximise performance and grip. Singapore is quite bumpy - a typical feature of street circuits - and there’s lots of street furniture such as painted white lines and manholes that compromise grip and traction. We’re racing at night, which presents a unique set of parameters for the tyres to deal with when it comes to the way that track and ambient temperatures evolve. The cars also carry the heaviest fuel load of the year, which again has a direct effect on tyre wear and degradation. It’s a long race, and that gives the teams plenty of scope to come up with some interesting strategies at what is a truly spectacular event in every sense. We’ve always been made to feel incredibly welcome at Singapore, which is probably the most spectacular event of the year in terms of the whole show that is put on for the public. Our aim as always is to contribute to that show by providing tyres with exactly the right compromise between performance and degradation in order to guarantee close racing.”

with these tyres, wonder if it will help us alot more and hurt RBR.

It looks like it's going to be a very wet and stormy weekend in Singapore, at least that's what the weather forecast predicts. Thunderstorms from Friday to Sunday.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

With rain and in the dark that will be very spectacular I think, but I want the weather conditions that suit the F138 the best and Iam not sure that's rain!

Latest photo from Singapore paddock

Mai Dare Sulla Speranza, Forza Ferrari!!

This is no skeptical or negative approach from me, I agree with you that win IS A MUST for us if we are to keep hopes alive. But that win has to come with SV DNF. Ferrari and FA need to take big bites out of SV lead, 25 would be great. Win is a win, but if SV finishes on podium, it is still enough for him... Unfortunately... Let's hope for a good race and great Ferrari result at the end!

Mai Dare Sulla Speranza, Forza Ferrari!!

When I see those boxes I feel like I child on Christmas Day !!!!!!
    Hope I will not be disappointed like I used to some years!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    When I see those boxes I feel like I child on Christmas Day !!!!!!
    Hope I will not be disappointed like I used to some years!!!!!
    Look, the car is what it is. Fernando will get the most out of it. This is the best GP of the year, just enjoy yourself!

Iam getting excited! I hope one day DHL delivers those red Prancing Horse boxes at my home

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Iam getting excited! I hope one day DHL delivers those red Prancing Horse boxes at my home
    Yes it would be great! But just imagine how much will be P&P costs, that you need to pay?

Singapore GP - Double DRS Zone