Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Italian press manipulation against Alonso

Italian press manipulation against Alonso

Nothing new but I found it borderline disgusting, the headline has anything to do with Fernando's words.

The good thing is: i don't speak italian. Its even better that i never read any F1 articles for good reasons. What does it say in a nutshell?

Headline: Fernando: The 2nd position is my merit, not Ferrari.

Alonso said: I'm proud of the 2nd position because we never had the second fastest car (I guess he is talking about the whole season in average).

This tweet says it all:

Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial "Da quando il team ha deciso che le interviste erano solo in inglese, sembra che i media non inglesi hanno problemi di traduzione! Hehehe!"

Ever since the team decided that our interviews should be given only in English, the non-English-speaking media has been having translation difficulties!

(Hopefully this translation is OK )

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    This tweet says it all:

Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial "Da quando il team ha deciso che le interviste erano solo in inglese, sembra che i media non inglesi hanno problemi di traduzione! Hehehe!"

Ever since the team decided that our interviews should be given only in English, the non-English-speaking media has been having translation difficulties!

If Fernando did actually say what the headline says in Italian, was it was taken out of context despite being very true? That would explain why Felipe suffered so much with results this season. As for Fernando's tweet, it would seem that the Italian press HAVE taken those few words and used them in a provocative manner as a headline.....so what's new?

Didn't Alonso say in English that he's happy to be second in the WDC since Ferrari did not have the second fastest car? To me, this kind of implies that he got to second over and above what the car could deliver (I understand the title of the article sensationalizes this, but is it really that far off from what Alonso was trying to say)....

*For the record, I agree that Alonso came in second despite the performance of the car, I just don't see why the title is a problem when that's what Alonso seemed to have meant with his statement...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Didn't Alonso say in English that he's happy to be second in the WDC since Ferrari did not have the second fastest car? To me, this kind of implies that he got to second over and above what the car could deliver (I understand the title of the article sensationalizes this, but is it really that far off from what Alonso was trying to say)....

*For the record, I agree that Alonso came in second despite the performance of the car, I just don't see why the title is a problem when that's what Alonso seemed to have meant with his statement...
    I reckon that's exactly what he said and what he meant, just the Italian media have made a headline out of SOME of it! How unusual....not.

gazzetta.it has an article about this one and nothing unusual about it.
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Sport-Motori/...19926433.shtml

It is some usual statement from a driver point of view. Not to mention a driver that in most of people opinion is the best
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

I hope Mr. Di Montezemolo is not going to state some nonsense about this one. The more he talks about Ferrari prestige and importance of Ferrari the more he looks cheap and illogical.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

This says it all really...

BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS - Spanish Ferrari arithmetically second in the World Championship, and is the third time in four years with the Horse, tried to once again see the glass half full: "We started with the ambition of the title - he said - I meeting place second in the standings and I'm proud, because I got the result without being able to have the second fastest car. " A season with sometimes beautiful moments: "I've lived a beautiful day in Barcelona, ​​winning in front of my fans, yes."

http://www.gazzetta.it/Sport-Motori/...19926433.shtml
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

Quote.

We are lucky to have the greatest driver on the grid. Now the team needs to give him a car that is, at the very least, close to the top.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    I hope Mr. Di Montezemolo is not going to state some nonsense about this one. The more he talks about Ferrari prestige and importance of Ferrari the more he looks cheap and illogical.
    Luca is the last guard in Ferrari operation between fans, team and owners...and off course all the interest groups around. Prime task is the Brand. No individual, nor ego is bigger than the objective. This is what Luca said.

Car might have been difficult and hard to manage, but still that is not the prime point here. You win and you loose together, is the message.

Four years off hard work, astonishing actions and memorable moments, but final price has been lacking. Something had to be done from team perspective...decision had a difficult task...how communicate what will come... to Alonso. In Hungary it was released and Alonso didn't take it to well. That is natural. Lead driver in the most desireable team off all time, who would want to give up that?

After that relation was changed...and we are still on that journey.

This is what I see and saw, as a Kimi supporter.I understand if You have a different view. However, we have common goal. We want Ferrari to win. I think, this is what Luca was achieving. He is entitled to that, because it is the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
    Luca is the last guard in Ferrari operation between fans, team and owners...and off course all the interest groups around. Prime task is the Brand. No individual, nor ego is bigger than the objective. This is what Luca said.

Car might have been difficult and hard to manage, but still that is not the prime point here. You win and you loose together, is the message.

Four years off hard work, astonishing actions and memorable moments, but final price has been lacking. Something had to be done from team perspective...decision had a difficult task...how communicate what will come... to Alonso. In Hungary it was released and Alonso didn't take it to well. That is natural. Lead driver in the most desireable team off all time, who would want to give up that?

After that relation was changed...and we are still on that journey.

This is what I see and saw, as a Kimi supporter.I understand if You have a different view. However, we have common goal. We want Ferrari to win. I think, this is what Luca was achieving. He is entitled to that, because it is the brand.
    You say Fernando did not take it too well. May I remind you (maybe you missed that) that Alonso was one of the people that was in favor of Kimi coming to Ferrari if Felipe had to go long before a decision was made?
    So yes, we have a different view. The relation between Fernando and the team is okay, don't worry.
    Alonso is only the number one driver at Ferrari because he is the best driver on the grid.
    I know Kimi is a fantastic driver in a great car, like Vettel is. If the car suits Kimi, he is as fast as anybody. Fernando however has the talent to get the absolute maximum out of any car, good or bad.
    So I expect Kimi to to be the fastest at some days , but I expect Fernando to beat Kimi overall.
    The most important is that they win in a Ferrari though.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    You say Fernando did not take it too well. May I remind you (maybe you missed that) that Alonso was one of the people that was in favor of Kimi coming to Ferrari if Felipe had to go long before a decision was made?
    So yes, we have a different view. The relation between Fernando and the team is okay, don't worry.
    Alonso is only the number one driver at Ferrari because he is the best driver on the grid.
    I know Kimi is a fantastic driver in a great car, like Vettel is. If the car suits Kimi, he is as fast as anybody. Fernando however has the talent to get the absolute maximum out of any car, good or bad.
    So I expect Kimi to to be the fastest at some days , but I expect Fernando to beat Kimi overall.
    The most important is that they win in a Ferrari though.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    This tweet says it all:

O MY GOD!!!!!!!! I think that media person completely forgot what fernando said in 2012 after losing the WDC title on podium, he said that he is proud of his team!!!!!!!!
    that answer to prost question was the best answer completely in supportive of ferrari.......... wonder what that paper wanted to say???????????

In Italy are fans of Ferrari, not of Alonso...attack him it's a way of excusing the poor performance of the team and I think they are wrong, Alonso has saved them all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    blaa,blaa.... Alonso is only the number one driver at Ferrari because he is the best driver on the grid.
    blaa,blaaa...The most important is that they win in a Ferrari though.
    I understand Your response, but I donīt agree. Check out statement done by Luca previously.

http://grandprix247.com/2013/11/21/m...ber-2-drivers/

Best driver on grid presently is Vettel. Next Year it remains to be seen, who has upper hand at Ferrari, and secondly, is that enough to be best on grid. My prediction is, latest Ferrari wdc Kimi will take it after gaining lead driver position in the Ferrari team.

Last sentence in Your post is right on spot.

Italian press manipulation against Alonso

My prediction is, latest Ferrari driver paid to leave will have a tough time in case 2014 car is not easy to drive.

Alonso and Vettel are one of those greats the sport discover every few generations. Schumi was one such greats, and Alonso was the next. I do believe Vettel will be the next after Alonso. Right now, Alonso is regarded by many (who have no investment in Ferrari mind you, people who are our competitors) as the most complete driver right now because of his skills and experience, he knows when to push and when to hold back. It shows on track how Alonso is different from the rest, you can ignore it as much as you want but it doesn't change things.

But still, if it makes one feel better to drag Alonso down to the level of their favorite driver, by all means.

I understand Your response, but I donīt agree. Check out statement done by Luca previously.

http://grandprix247.com/2013/11/21/m...ber-2-drivers/

Best driver on grid presently is Vettel. Next Year it remains to be seen, who has upper hand at Ferrari, and secondly, is that enough to be best on grid. My prediction is, latest Ferrari wdc Kimi will take it after gaining lead driver position in the Ferrari team.

Last sentence in Your post is right on spot.
    Your predictions seem a bit....biased

My prediction is, latest Ferrari wdc Kimi will take it after gaining lead driver position in the Ferrari team.
    Don't think a one hit wonder will be that much trouble for a double world champion.

This forum will become a warzone during next season, mark my words. And no matter what happens in the actual races. I don't personally care who is the driver as long as Ferrari is winning, but I do have my personal preferences.

Regarding the topic, this is nothing new of Italian Press.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Don't think a one hit wonder will be that much trouble for a double world champion.
    Relax. Kimi is Ferrari wdc and Fernando is not, so what on earth are You talking about?

Relax. Kimi is Ferrari wdc and Fernando is not, so what on earth are You talking about?
    That good old last Ferrari WDC. If you think what happened 7 years ago matters more than what we saw on track today, I don't think there's any other way to explain it to you.

Besides, if that's how you want to play it, Massa was the WDC for awhile in 2008, and he took that spot on merit of his own by placing the car ahead of everyone else, not luck. So maybe Ferrari should keep Massa instead if that's the argument we're going to use.

Kimi is Ferrari wdc and Fernando is not
    Still a one hit wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFerrari View Post
    This forum will become a warzone during next season, mark my words. And no matter what happens in the actual races. I don't personally care who is the driver as long as Ferrari is winning, but I do have my personal preferences.

Regarding the topic, this is nothing new of Italian Press.
    I can see that happening too, it's already getting a bit nasty. Above all we want to win, whoever the driver, and we should remember that's the goal, not be bickering about drivers. And anyway, I'll be supporting one Williams too, and the Italian press have always been ready to criticise team and drivers alike, in my experience they have always supported Alonso over Massa , as have most Italians I've spoken to, but only because he was seen as the team's main chance. I think we'll find that Felipe has gained more true affection, though, and that's why I'm not looking forward to TSN becoming a battleground in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    That good old last Ferrari WDC. If you think what happened 7 years ago matters more than what we saw on track today, I don't think there's any other way to explain it to you.

Besides, if that's how you want to play it, Massa was the WDC for awhile in 2008, and he took that spot on merit of his own by placing the car ahead of everyone else, not luck. So maybe Ferrari should keep Massa instead if that's the argument we're going to use.
    Try to keep to facts, please. Go to Maranello and visit Ferrari Museum and take a look on Wall off fame. If You find picture off Massa or Alonso there, please inform me:).

Who Ferrari signes is not in my hands, that is up to much more wiser persons in the organization. I think they take all possible variables in consideration. Now they want Ferrari to get back on winning track. Thats why Kimi returns.

Try to keep to facts, please. Go to Maranello and visit Ferrari Museum and take a look on Wall off fame. If You find picture off Massa or Alonso there, please inform me:).

Who Ferrari signes is not in my hands, that is up to much more wiser persons in the organization. I think they take all possible variables in consideration. Now they want Ferrari to get back on winning track. Thats why Kimi returns.
    Yup, he will be a perfect no. 2

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Still a one hit wonder.
    One hit wonder is quite much more than zero hit wonder:).