Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No more twitter for Fernando (Ferrari related stuff)?

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    because going public with this humilates Fernando
    Let's see what happens with KR, if he doesn't have the right to use it either, it will indicate a switch in policy for Ferrari... otherwise maybe it will be a sign of internal frustration at Alonso for some of his remarks....

Besides is it even official that he will not be able to use twitter anymore or is will he simply not be permitted to make comments about Ferrari from this account? In the first paragraph LDM seems to indicate he wont have it anymore but in the second it seems to indicate it's only limited to comments about Ferrari....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Let's see what happens with KR, if he doesn't have the right to use it either, it will indicate a switch in policy for Ferrari... otherwise maybe it will be a sign of internal frustration at Alonso for some of his remarks....

Besides is it even official that he will not be able to use twitter anymore or is will he simply not be permitted to make comments about Ferrari from this account? In the first paragraph LDM seems to indicate he wont have it anymore but in the second it seems to indicate it's only limited to comments about Ferrari....
    The clamp down is only on Ferrari related stuff. He can still tweet about other things in his life as much as he wants.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    The clamp down is only on Ferrari related stuff. He can still tweet about other things in his life as much as he wants.
    So basically this is a non-story then as most companies do this... Even if Alonso didn't want to make any negative comments, it was in certain cases being interpretted (purposely or not) wrongly.... seems like the right move IMHO....

So basically this is a non-story then as most companies do this... Even if Alonso didn't want to make any negative comments, it was in certain cases being interpretted (purposely or not) wrongly.... seems like the right move IMHO....
    Yes, that's exactly how I see it as well, but unfortunately some people just want to use this as an excuse to bash Ferrari/Luca. It's going to be a long winter...

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso14 View Post
    And on the other hand Alonso doesn't drink industrial quantities of vodka or ever trim his eyebrows. Should Ferrari ban Kimi from doing this during his holiday?

Luca has been losing the plot for quite some time, to be honest. Banning Alonso from Twitter (or from posting Ferrari-related stuff on Twitter) is something I don't really have a problem with but why it has to be so public? Why can't he handle it internally? With people like LDM and Domenicalli on board it would be extremely hard to achieve any future success. LDM shows no respect to the people working in Ferrari and treats them like inferior human beings and in the last few months Alonso became his punching bag.

Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    Please, let me ask you a for a favour ...
    go to Alonso Twitter account and post some Twitter messages of him which are confusing the "big picture" (you're drawing here) or provoke a conflict of interest between driver and team ...

if there is a message to provoke a conflict between driver and team then this one ... First LdM rebukes Alonso to talk internal thing behind closed doors and the first one who is breaking this advice is the boss himself ... well done

That's what I thought about our designers too ...
    I am not drawing any pictures here, just reflecting what I have read in media.

As I said in previous post, only a handful of people have the big picture of Ferrari future plans and actions crystal clear in front off them. I am not one of them, just an ordinary guy trying to follow and analyze the fragments of information served to us. The only message on Fernando's twitter account I have been referring too, is the samurai one and honestly speaking I didn't understand it previously and same thing still stands. Perhaps content in that message was targeted to a small group of people, or perhaps it was directed to Mr LdM himself. You tell me.

However, millions of people read that message with confusion, at least I did. Perhaps Mr LdM responded to this specific message with delay. If You have a better explanation why twitter limitation was executed...and in public, please let me know.

I often wonder how many posters in this thread are actually Ferrari fans...
    so maybe the owner of this forum should think about a entrance examination?
    And additional requirement is a statutory declaration that you have guided the dark 80ies with 100% support to Ferrari without any doubt ... and words of critics (not even thought)

sometimes this: you always have to support Ferrari moves here to a kind of blind obedience. And when LdM says in the name of Ferrari: jump from the bridge we jump ... and singing happy songs

It is funny: the big boss is moaning that we should not make everything in public and then he decides to tell Alonso not to twitter by a report on a internet webpage! Well done ... but this strange behaviour in the "name of Ferrari" is clearly ok ...

The company that I work for also requests that I not post anything related to them on social media... it's common practice in virtually all companies now.... public image is very important for companies...
    and ... did your company send you this message via other web page?
    and it would be also my 100% support if there was a problem with his tweets which is absolutely against Ferrari: which wasn't the case since I also follow him and not only insideFerrari.

and will LdM forbid Felipe to use the picture in Ferrari dress on his private twitter account too?

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    maybe Fernando should from now on give only pre-recorded interviews (recorded with emperor Luca di's voice) and have no opinion of his own, since it tarnishes Ferrari's reputation. too bad that Ferrari drivers can't do anything for their fans anymore, since they have to focus on their jobs.

But I'm really glad that the biggest problem of Ferrari is he twitter behaviour of one of the drivers .. especially from the driver who has shown 100% encouragement even the prancing horse was only the sticker on a car that was abused and defaced by our non-twittering engineers during the season.
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    so maybe the owner of this forum should think about a entrance examination?
    And additional requirement is a statutory declaration that you have guided the dark 80ies with 100% support to Ferrari without any doubt ... and words of critics (not even thought)

sometimes this: you always have to support Ferrari moves here to a kind of blind obedience. And when LdM says in the name of Ferrari: jump from the bridge we jump ... and singing happy songs

It is funny: the big boss is moaning that we should not make everything in public and then he decides to tell Alonso not to twitter by a report on a internet webpage! Well done ... but this strange behaviour in the "name of Ferrari" is clearly ok ...

and ... did your company send you this message via other web page?
    and it would be also my 100% support if there was a problem with his tweets which is absolutely against Ferrari: which wasn't the case since I also follow him and not only insideFerrari.

and will LdM forbid Felipe to use the picture in Ferrari dress on his private twitter account too?

But I'm really glad that the biggest problem of Ferrari is he twitter behaviour of one of the drivers .. especially from the driver who has shown 100% encouragement even the prancing horse was only the sticker on a car that was abused and defaced by our non-twittering engineers during the season.
    Strangely I can say the same thing about blind Alonso fans... Quite simply, this is normal company policy for most public and private companies... this is a non-story trying to be turned into something bigger and it seems to be working....

Strangely I can say the same thing about blind Alonso fans... Quite simply, this is normal company policy for most public and private companies... this is a non-story trying to be turned into something bigger and it seems to be working....
    It is indeed a non-story, as most self-respecting F1 news sites on the web don't even bother mentioning anything about this. But some silly people just love to over-exaggerate. Nothing new here. *shrugs*

It is indeed a non-story, as most self-respecting F1 news sites on the web don't even bother mentioning anything about this. But some silly people just love to over-exaggerate. Nothing new here. *shrugs*

I could understand the 'ban' if Fernando was ranting against the team or tweeting photos of telemetry a la Hamilton, but honestly it just sounds like a fuss over nothing.
    It's a shame if his social media activity is being curbed because it's made Fernando a lot more personable - even if some of the samurai stuff is a bit cringy on occasion
    Forza Jules

I think thats really good cuz Ferrari have hopefully realized that Alonso needs all of his energy for 2014 again and he needs to recharge his batteries, even if it means taking a break from Twitter..anything constructive Fernando says the media takes it the wrong way..remember after LDM "poked alonso's ear " and Alonso tweeted something like "a sumarai shall not be embarassed" and we all thought the relations arent good. well see 6 months later!
    God please help Fernando Alonso win his long-overdue title with Ferrari IA. And may FERRARI Dominate F1 Again..FORZA

This is just another way for the media to stir things up and create scandalous stories where there are none. This twitter clamp down is not meant to hurt or insult Alonso, it’s meant to protect Alonso and Ferrari from the media who is always trying to twist Alonso’s words in order to create some stupid stories. Luca just doesn’t want media creating idiotic rumors and stories by twisting Alonso’s words into something he hasn’t said. We've all seen how the media tries to make it look like it's "Alonso VS Ferrari" and that's exactly what Luca is trying to prevent here. It's just a way to cut off media's source for creating stupid libellous stories about Alonso and Ferrari. Alonso can still tweet if he wants to, just not about Ferrari related stuff.
    But of course this story is a nice bone to chew on for all the pathetic Ferrari haters, that'll keep them busy over the cold boring winter. Oh well, moving on...nothing to see here.
    ....there are still people using their common sense
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Maybe Luca should worry about prohibiting the creation of another uncompetitive car.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Maybe Luca should worry about prohibiting the creation of another uncompetitive car.
    That should be his main concern yeah, and I think it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    He can stop Twitter , but he can't stop the StopWatch !!!!

I think you'll find that many of us who are against this have been a Ferrari fan long before Alonso was even in F1. There's no need to antagonize others just because they do not happen to agree with Luca DM on something. Being a Ferrari fan doesn't mean we must blindly defend all of the team's decision or Luca DM. Luca is certainly not Ferrari anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I could understand the 'ban' if Fernando was ranting against the team or tweeting photos of telemetry a la Hamilton, but honestly it just sounds like a fuss over nothing.
    It's a shame if his social media activity is being curbed because it's made Fernando a lot more personable - even if some of the samurai stuff is a bit cringy on occasion
    Exactly. That's what the fans want, to see the more human side of the drivers. Drivers shouldn't be a corporate drone. Besides, drivers only stay stuff within the context of the sports, and the details within the sport have very little to do with the companies behind the team. The only thing the outside world pay attention to is who's the winner. I don't buy into this whole protecting the company image.
    Last edited by Hornet; 29th November 2013 at 03:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
    Father has spoken to one off his sons in the best interest off the family and message can't be misunderstood by anyone.
    No no. More like, father has spoken to the whole world about his son, embarrasing his family to outsiders who have no business meddling in family affairs. What kind of father does that to his son and family? Luca needs to mature up about these issues.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I often wonder how many posters in this thread are actually Ferrari fans...

The company that I work for also requests that I not post anything related to them on social media... it's common practice in virtually all companies now.... public image is very important for companies...
    I hope your company doesn't single you out to the media stressing how they've imposed this rule on you, as if you of all it's employees are notorious for breeching it. And I hope your company considers you mature enough to read your contract or code of conduct and understand it without being followed up like a baby to ensure compliance. After all, it's 'common practice' right? No need for public announcements like it's some new revelatory groundbreaking regulation that you otherwise would not have been aware of.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Exactly. That's what the fans want, to see the more human side of the drivers. Drivers shouldn't be a corporate drone. Besides, drivers only stay stuff within the context of the sports, and the details within the sport have very little to do with the companies behind the team. The only thing the outside world pay attention to is who's the winner. I don't buy into this whole protecting the company image.
    This is exactly the reason why F1 has lost some of the fascination of the former decades. Drivers are not allowed to be something special, to be as they are. They are made to fit into the way of their team. Media interests are more valued than the fact that fans should be granded to see how their idols are really are.
    Drivers shall praise their teams no matter whatīs going on. This is silly, sometimes you feel a bit fouled if a driver whoīs car is just bad is made to tell us how hard the team has been working and how well things are going to be. This is not authentic and damages the dignity of F1.
    Stehaufmännchen Felipe - Never give up!

I do not understand, what exactly is the fuss about, if Ferrari asks their drivers ( in this occassion LDM asked Fernando ) to not speak about the team in their personal twitter for XYZ reasons then the drivers should both follow it, since Kimi doesnt got a twitter i guess only Fernando was mentioned about.

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    I do not understand, what exactly is the fuss about, if Ferrari asks their drivers ( in this occassion LDM asked Fernando ) to not speak about the team in their personal twitter for XYZ reasons then the drivers should both follow it, since Kimi doesnt got a twitter i guess only Fernando was mentioned about.
    I think nobody has a problem with that. The problem is to communicate such things to the media without any need, and that is what the 'fuss' is about. I'm sure Monte has Fernando's phone number...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    I think nobody has a problem with that. The problem is to communicate such things to the media without any need, and that is what the 'fuss' is about. I'm sure Monte has Fernando's phone number...
    Fair enough,even tho " showing whos the boss around here " attitude by Luca is should be pretty common . Let's just hope that whatever happens between luca and the drivers wont affect them and their results.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Precisely.

And there is no need for casting aspersions with comments like "I often wonder how many posters in this thread are actually Ferrari fans..." - we are just us loyal Ferrari fans; this however does not mean we do not have an opinion.

Finally, last I checked, Ferrari was 90% owned by a publicly listed company - it is not LdM's chattel.

Quote Originally Posted by VSI View Post
    Precisely.

And there is no need for casting aspersions with comments like "I often wonder how many posters in this thread are actually Ferrari fans..." - we are just us loyal Ferrari fans; this however does not mean we do not have an opinion.

Finally, last I checked, Ferrari was 90% owned by a publicly listed company - it is not LdM's chattel.
    At the end of the day Luca is the man in charge of the greatest sporting team in history, if he feel's the need to protect Ferrari in banning Alonso from Twitter so be it. Alonso has the best job in formula one, he has even said that himself on many occasions. OK it would be even better if he could add the WDC while he is at Ferrari, that would be the cherry on the cake, and hopefully that will come. Yeah Vettel may have 4 titles to his name at this point, but the first question his children will ask him in years to come is did you drive for Ferrari. So in a nutshell when you have the best job in the world and paid the most of any other driver you do what you are told. It's like a marriage sometimes when your wife tells you to wash up or hoover you do it, if not you will end up like some of your mates down the pub as loosers.

I want to set one thing straight here: some people still seem to think that an Alonsofan somehow places Fernando above the team.
    Speaking for myself I can definitely say that is not the case at all.
    Yes, I was an Alonsofan before he came to Ferrari, although the team had always fascinated me in some way.
    After Fernando joined Ferrari I have become a real Ferrarifan. It is not only the most legendary and proud team there has ever been, but it's also a large community of devoted fans. Beautiful!
    I see Fernando still as my favorite driver, and that won't change, but long after he has retired I will still be here.
    So if I don't agree with Luca di M. that is NOT because I'm an Alonsofan, but simply a Ferrarifan having an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    At the end of the day Luca is the man in charge of the greatest sporting team in history, if he feel's the need to protect Ferrari in banning Alonso from Twitter so be it.
    As Hermann already pointed out - which I fully support - no one has a problem with this; it is in the manner in which it is done that is pretty irksome.

My point is this:
    (1) If LdM wants professional behaviour from Ferrari employees, he needs to act professionally as well - no need for such public admonishments. If Alonso, or any Ferrari employee for that matter, has done something wrong per company rules and regulations, fire him professionally by all accounts rather than wage an internecine media war. LdM's public pronouncements surely can't be helping the morale of the team.

(2) Even as I love Ferrari the brand, the heritage and all else that goes with it, the fact is Ferrari is part of a public company and not a family run business. As a shareholder, I would like LdM to run Ferrari like a professional outfit with public accountability towards performance and results, rather than provide us with a cockamamie stories about father, family, prodigal son, ear-tweaking and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    So if I don't agree with Luca di M. that is NOT because I'm an Alonsofan, but simply a Ferrarifan having an opinion.

Not Alonso's fault, but LdM's that this is still a topic of discussion.

As Hermann already pointed out - which I fully support - no one has a problem with this; it is in the manner in which it is done that is pretty irksome.

My point is this:
    (1) If LdM wants professional behaviour from Ferrari employees, he needs to act professionally as well - no need for such public admonishments. If Alonso, or any Ferrari employee for that matter, has done something wrong per company rules and regulations, fire him professionally by all accounts rather than wage an internecine media war. LdM's public pronouncements surely can't be helping the morale of the team.

(2) Even as I love Ferrari the brand, the heritage and all else that goes with it, the fact is Ferrari is part of a public company and not a family run business. As a shareholder, I would like LdM to run Ferrari like a professional outfit with public accountability towards performance and results, rather than provide us with a cockamamie stories about father, family, prodigal son, ear-tweaking and whatnot.

Like i have stated before, only Enzo Ferrari is the godfather of Ferrari. Everybody else is only an employee until their positive influence and contribution to the brand ends.

My point is this:

Fiat is the main share holder of Ferrari, The Agnelli family, if I remember correctly they own 56%, then you have Piero Ferrari who owns 10%, so in my eyes these 2 shareholders account for 66% alone of Ferrari, and Luca has total backing from these shareholders, so he is the boss. You say you are a shareholder but you account for nothing, you may get 10% off a Ferrari cap that's it. So in my eyes Ferrari is not a public company but a private, Family business. As for saying you like to see Ferrari run as a professional outfit, well just look at current turnover figures or profit margins the best ever, in fact Ferrari are trying to cut production for exclusivity, So Luca you get my vote carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I think you'll find that many of us who are against this have been a Ferrari fan long before Alonso was even in F1. There's no need to antagonize others just because they do not happen to agree with Luca DM on something. Being a Ferrari fan doesn't mean we must blindly defend all of the team's decision or Luca DM. Luca is certainly not Ferrari anyway.

Do you think that the tweets that Alonso made and the comments that Alonso made that garnered so much media attention were good for Ferrari? I for one don't... it was a distraction at virtually every GP with Alonso even becoming frustrated by it... so this move by LDM eliminates this from happening next year....

As for publicly humiliating Alonso, we are missing the context of LDM's response, maybe he was asked a direct question by the reporter or maybe it just came out wrong.... possibly, the same way some of Alonso's negative comments about the team came out wrong ;)