Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 1223

Thread: Michael Schumacher - Updates and well-wishes

  1. #541
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    I hope nobody else has read the Bild newspaper, it should be banned for its outrageous speculation of his condition. Keep fighting Schumi, we are all behind you!!

    Attachment 5643
    The Daily Fail had been reporting today what Bild were saying about the possibility of him being in a coma for the rest of his life. Clearly because there are no new updates, they are making up their own now. They are bloodsucking vultures, desperately creating stories based on nothing.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belfast, UK
    Posts
    8,498
    What... the same Daily Fail who posted all the photos of Marco Simoncelli's fatal accident? Shocking!
    Forza Jules

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    What... the same Daily Fail who posted all the photos of Marco Simoncelli's fatal accident? Shocking!
    Urg! They make my skin crawl.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    452
    I am struck again tonight how incredibly sad all this is. A great Champion come to the end of his great success and ready to enjoy his new ventures and for this to strike in this way. How sad for everyone, him, his family and friends and us his adoring fans.

    Although sad I am touched and honoured to have read so many thoughtful and supportive comments - you are all truly fans and I join in with so many comments that say we must dig deep with our thoughts and prayers and hope that something special happens and there will be a life for Michael and his family after this.

    Prayers for his family tonight I cannot even begin to imagine what they are going through

    Thank you again for keeping the posts going I do believe this is the site to get an honest reflection on what may or may not be happening. Lets think no news is good news as I pray for an dread at the same time an announcement - does anyone else feel like that.
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belfast, UK
    Posts
    8,498
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Jan View Post

    Thank you again for keeping the posts going I do believe this is the site to get an honest reflection on what may or may not be happening.
    The best thing is not to read any speculation - particularly from the likes of the Mail or Bild, who are just garbage. I know it drives you mental not knowing and that you end up reading rubbish in the desperate hope of finding anything new, but we just have to hang in there and wait for both Michael and the doctors. Although I am getting grumpy with him now... come on Michael!
    Forza Jules

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,280
    The induced coma could well go some time further. Exactly one week before Michael had his accident, a 17 year old girl living only a few miles away from my house was hit by a speeding car and suffered severe headtrauma.
    What we have heard of familymembers of the girl is that the condition and damage to her brain looks a lot like Michael's.
    She is still in her induced coma, and the reports about her in the first week were about the same as those about Michael.
    She is in her coma for a full week longer than Michael now, and doctors are still not sure when the time will be there to try and wake her up, so it could indeed also take quite some time still before Michael's doctors think he could be ready.
    I see what the girls family is going through, and of course for Michael's family it's exactly the same. Believe me, it is hard, very hard.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    421
    ....Dunno how true this is, Maybe you guru's can validate this info i have.........I just hope this is not true....



    9 News
    7 hours ago
    TRAGIC DEVELOPMENT: Formula One champion Michael Schumacher could remain in a coma for the rest of his life, after he suffered significant brain injuries in a skiing accident.

    Doctors say Schumacher isn’t responding to treatment, and they won’t attempt to wake him unless there is a major improvement.

    We'll bring you more details in our afternoon bulletins and in 9 News at 6.00pm on Channel 9.

    #Schumacher #9News
    Drive it like you stole it!

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    31
    Who owns the Daily Mail? Is that a Murdoch paper?


    Well all of this about Schumacher's head injury and the above story posted by Alfonsomania about a 17 year old girl in a coma too from a head injury has me worried about wanting to ski and snowboard...heck even crossing the street. I'm going to keep reading and researching on helmet design and the different safety ratings and certificates that each country has for a helmet manufacturer to sell their helmet in. The American market and laws had some different safety ratings and certifications than the European market regarding DOT and Snell.

    Did anyone find out what helmet Michael was wearing? I have a feeling he might have been wearing a helmet made by Schuberth who made his F1 racing helmet.

    I've read and seen bad things from Bell helmets. Stay away from Bell and choose another manufacturer.

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    ....Dunno how true this is, Maybe you guru's can validate this info i have.........I just hope this is not true....



    9 News
    7 hours ago
    TRAGIC DEVELOPMENT: Formula One champion Michael Schumacher could remain in a coma for the rest of his life, after he suffered significant brain injuries in a skiing accident.

    Doctors say Schumacher isn’t responding to treatment, and they won’t attempt to wake him unless there is a major improvement.

    We'll bring you more details in our afternoon bulletins and in 9 News at 6.00pm on Channel 9.

    #Schumacher #9News
    This is so SAD!

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    3,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    ....Dunno how true this is, Maybe you guru's can validate this info i have.........I just hope this is not true....



    9 News
    7 hours ago
    TRAGIC DEVELOPMENT: Formula One champion Michael Schumacher could remain in a coma for the rest of his life, after he suffered significant brain injuries in a skiing accident.

    Doctors say Schumacher isn’t responding to treatment, and they won’t attempt to wake him unless there is a major improvement.

    We'll bring you more details in our afternoon bulletins and in 9 News at 6.00pm on Channel 9.

    #Schumacher #9News
    Think this is purely speculative, The Bild reported this first, and that is more of a comic than a newspaper, it says 'could', he 'could' make a complete recovery too, in truth I think both are unlikely outcomes, I read that the sections of skull that were removed to relieve the pressure have not been replaced yet as the brain swelling has yet to reduce to a level where it would be safe to do so, I know it's been a few weeks now but that really isn't a long time in the big scheme of things, I get kicked on a fairly regular basis, and I know that hurts and is inflammed for a few weeks, I really believe he will eventually be bought out of the coma, but I don't believe it will be the same man that banged his head on a rock a few weeks ago...

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    65
    HE WON HIS FIRST F1 TITLE IN 1994, LAST ONE IN 2004, AND HE WILL WIN THIS MOST IMPORTANT ONE IN 2014. Numbers are telling the story here. Go Michael.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,790
    Quote Originally Posted by nikola0406 View Post
    HE WON HIS FIRST F1 TITLE IN 1994, LAST ONE IN 2004, AND HE WILL WIN THIS MOST IMPORTANT ONE IN 2014. Numbers are telling the story here. Go Michael.
    Well said my friend...

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,689
    Maranello, 16 January – Over two weeks have passed since Michael Schumacher had his skiing accident. In Maranello Luca di Montezemolo and Stefano Domenicali are still in daily contact with the family to keep up to date with the situation

    In the meantime, there have been many shows of affection for Michael which come in day after day, from those who spent eleven years working with him while he drove for Ferrari, as well as from people who have supported him from all around the world, namely Ferrari fans.

    Actions, words and thoughts that show just how important Michael is within the very heart of those who love and live for Ferrari and how important a role he has played in the history of the Prancing Horse.

    We therefore decided to gather all these messages together through the Scuderia’s Twitter and Facebook pages and to publish some of them in a special bulletin board on our Internet site.

    Naturally enough, given the close links between him and Michael, the first post is from President Montezemolo:

    “Michael, my thoughts are always with you, with great affection! Everyone at Ferrari is following your situation, just as they did from the pits at so many Grands Prix that you won with us and I am equally certain that you will also win this very important battle!”
    http://formula1.ferrari.com/forzamichael/forzamichael

    We can post our message on their Facebook or send them a twitter message

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,132
    This is just so unfair what's happening to Schumi. Why do bad things happen to good people? Nobody deserves to end up like this, not even the worst enemy. One moment and your whole life is completely thrown upside down... *sigh* I still just cannot fathom the idea that the same mighty, exuberant and healthy Schumi is now in this kind of horrible condition. Sometimes some things in this world just don't make any sense at all.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI


  15. #555
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belfast, UK
    Posts
    8,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari & Honda View Post
    Who owns the Daily Mail? Is that a Murdoch paper?

    No it's not Murdoch. Some media group, I think. It is a vile, vile, vile, vile paper.
    Forza Jules

  16. #556
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    This is just so unfair what's happening to Schumi. Why do bad things happen to good people? Nobody deserves to end up like this, not even the worst enemy. One moment and your whole life is completely thrown upside down... *sigh* I still just cannot fathom the idea that the same mighty, exuberant and healthy Schumi is now in this kind of horrible condition. Sometimes some things in this world just don't make any sense at all.
    I have a friend who works as a nurse in a rehabilitation center for head trauma patients. She sees that every day. And health insurances starting to refuse to pay for patients longer than 3 weeks in a coma. She is very upset about all the 'Schumacher hype' as you can imagine.
    Bad things happen to 'normal' people every day and their lives get thrown upside down every day too. And they are not millionaires who can afford the best possible treatment you can find on the planet not having to worry about health insurances.

    Just saying.

  17. #557
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    I have a friend who works as a nurse in a rehabilitation center for head trauma patients. She sees that every day. And health insurances starting to refuse to pay for patients longer than 3 weeks in a coma. She is very upset about all the 'Schumacher hype' as you can imagine.
    Bad things happen to 'normal' people every day and their lives get thrown upside down every day too. And they are not millionaires who can afford the best possible treatment you can find on the planet not having to worry about health insurances.

    Just saying.
    I don't see why you had to tell me all that? I'm well aware that there are millions of people suffering every day from all kinds of horrible illnesses and even my own brother is in the hospital right now with a broken neck, but that doesn't make me feel any less compassion for Michael. You really seem to have somekind of a grudge for Michael, cause you're always so quick to try and talk down him and his condition. I think it's about time to put whatever negative feelings you have towards him behind you and support him during this extremely difficult time.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI


  18. #558
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    I don't see why you had to tell me all that? I'm well aware that there are millions of people suffering every day from all kinds of horrible illnesses and even my own brother is in the hospital right now with a broken neck, but that doesn't make me feel any less compassion for Michael. You really seem to have somekind of a grudge for Michael, cause you're always so quick to try and talk down him and his condition. I think it's about time to put whatever negative feelings you have towards him behind you and support him during this extremely difficult time.
    I'm not talking anything down. And if i support him or not won't have any influence on his recovery, so no worries about that. And of course i want him to recover, as everybody does.
    Just trying to put things into perspective, thats all. Thumbs pressed for your brother, too.
    Last edited by Hermann; 17th January 2014 at 08:12.

  19. #559
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    I'm not talking anything down. And if i support him or not won't have any influence on his recovery, so no worries about that. And of course i want him to recover, as everybody does.
    Just trying to put things into perspective, thats all. Thumbs pressed for your bother, too.
    I am going to come a tad close to the forbidden topics line here, but here goes:

    I think it is wonderful that everyone is giving support to Michael here (prayers, thoughts, etc). I really do. It bothers me a tad that some seem to think that he is "worth" more than someone else (Nero's brother, for example-prayers offered for him, BTW). Some of the posts here (a very few) have bordered on hero worship, which bothers me a bit.

    Anyway, needed to get that off my chest.

    -Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

    Totus Tuus


  20. #560
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    2,313
    People who survive a traumatic brain injury are three times more likely to die prematurely than the general population, often from suicide or fatal injuries, a study has found.

    The immediate impact of such injuries was highlighted last month by the news that Michael Schumacher's had hit his head on a rock after a fall while skiing in France, where the seven-times Formula One champion remains in hospital.

    More than 900,000 people living in the UK have suffered similar injuries which typically arise from a fall, road traffic accident or the impact of a blunt object. The research found that even those that survive six months after the incident often have to contend with longer term problems including depression and psychiatric disorders.

    In what is believed to be the largest study of its kind, researchers from Oxford University and the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm found that one out of every 100 traumatic brain injury (TBI) survivors died prematurely (before the age of 56) but that increased significantly among those with a history of psychiatric disorder (3.8%) or substance abuse (6.2%), before or after the injury.

    The study of 41 years' worth of Swedish medical records, published in JAMA Psychiatry, also found that TBI survivors were twice as likely to kill themselves (and 2.6 times as likely to die generally) before the age of 56 as unaffected siblings, who were included in the study to control for genetic factors and early upbringing.

    Study leader, Dr Seena Fazel, a Wellcome Trust senior research fellow in Oxford University's department of psychiatry, said: "Current guidelines do not recommend assessments of mental health or suicide risk in TBI patients, instead focusing on short-term survival. Looking at these findings, it may make more sense to treat some TBI patients as suffering from a chronic problem requiring longer term management just like epilepsy or diabetes. TBI survivors should be monitored carefully for signs of depression, substance abuse and other psychiatric disorders, which are all treatable conditions."

    The exact reasons for the increased risk of premature death are unknown but may involve damage to the parts of the brain responsible for judgment, decision-making and risk taking. TBI survivors were three times more likely to die from fatal injuries, such as car accidents which may be a result of impaired judgment or reactions.

    Dr Richard Greenwood, consultant neurologist at Homerton Hospital and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, said that monitoring TBI survivors would be sensible but many are hostile and/or difficult to reach. Even if they did comply, access to specialist services is "nightmarish", he said.

    Referring to Schumacher's case as an example, Greenwood said TBI sufferers had to be helped to "understand their limitations" post-injury. "If Schumacher survives, he will not be Schumacher, he will be [Joe] Bloggs," he said. "He needs to come to terms with being Bloggs and that is a very difficult thing to do." But Fazel said the advantage Schumacher had, given his wealth, would be easy access to the services he needs.

    About 125,000 head injuries treated in hospitals in England in 2012-13 were diagnosed as TBIs. For the purpose of the study, a TBI was defined as where a blow to the head leads to a skull fracture, internal bleeding, loss of consciousness for longer than an hour or a combination of these symptoms. Researchers found that even for less serious brain injuries such as concussion, the prevalence of which in rugby union has increasingly been raising concerns, people were twice as likely to die prematurely as the general population."

    This is from The Guardian, sad, sad prospects...

  21. #561
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    10,236
    I just dont want to believe the recent reports.

    Come on Michael, prove them wrong
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

  22. #562
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I am going to come a tad close to the forbidden topics line here, but here goes:

    I think it is wonderful that everyone is giving support to Michael here (prayers, thoughts, etc). I really do. It bothers me a tad that some seem to think that he is "worth" more than someone else (Nero's brother, for example-prayers offered for him, BTW). Some of the posts here (a very few) have bordered on hero worship, which bothers me a bit.

    Anyway, needed to get that off my chest.
    +1 on everything you just said.

  23. #563
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    3,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I am going to come a tad close to the forbidden topics line here, but here goes:

    I think it is wonderful that everyone is giving support to Michael here (prayers, thoughts, etc). I really do. It bothers me a tad that some seem to think that he is "worth" more than someone else (Nero's brother, for example-prayers offered for him, BTW). Some of the posts here (a very few) have bordered on hero worship, which bothers me a bit.

    Anyway, needed to get that off my chest.
    I say Grumpy... Who took the jam out of your doughnut..?

    Don't think anyone here has suggested one life is worth more than another, but if there is an element of hero worship is that so wrong..?
    I've no doubt that to some here Michael may be their hero, I fail to see that as a problem, everyone has their hero's, they are understandably very concerned with Michael's current situation and are just expressing those feelings...


  24. #564
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    65
    Whauuu, If you guys are sick and tired of all we wish for Michael right now why do you read this topic, I would just stay away from it, and would not say a word against any of us who do care about him as I am sure we do care about other people in our life. Just please don't flame in this topic, please. By the way he is my hero and I am proud for that.

  25. #565
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,790
    Quote Originally Posted by nikola0406 View Post
    Whauuu, If you guys are sick and tired of all we wish for Michael right now why do you read this topic, I would just stay away from it, and would not say a word against any of us who do care about him as I am sure we do care about other people in our life. Just please don't flame in this topic, please. By the way he is my hero and I am proud for that.

  26. #566
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,833
    Since the thread titles is 'updates and well-wishes' and as i'm sure everyone wishes Schumacher the best and a successfull recovery, i see no reason why other things covering the topic cannot be discussed too. Nobody is flaming here, at least not by my own definition of flaming.

    If we have some members here who don't want to read anything but support messages and aren't interested in anything else, question to the mods, maybe we should split this thread?

  27. #567
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,689
    F1 legend Michael Schumacher remains in a stable condition at Grenoble Hospital, his spokesperson has confirmed in the first update on the seven-times World Champion's condition in over a week.

    Breaking the silence which has surrounded Schumacher's treatment since January 7 when doctors tending to the German reported that he was considered "stable" but again stressed that he remained "critical", his long-time manager Sabine Kehm has clarified that Schumacher's condition remains stable in a medically-induced coma.

    In response to yet more newspaper speculation about Schumacher's health and the severity of the injuries he suffered during his skiing accident at the end of December, Kehm has also once again urged supporters not to heed any unofficial updates.

    However, in a possible ray of comfort to Schumacher's fans, his condition has not been listed as 'critical' in the latest update.

    'Unfortunately I have to repeat that any information regarding Michael's health not coming from the doctors treating him or from his management must be treated as pure speculation,' said Kehm.

    'I also repeat that Michael's family is very happy and confident with the work of the team of doctors treating Michael, and they trust them completely. Michael's condition is still considered as stable.'

    Schumacher has been in a coma since being admitted to Grenoble Hospital on December 29.
    http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24...ts-his-manager

  28. #568
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    31
    Kehm: "Schumacher's condition still stable"

    http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...-still-stable/

  29. #569
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belfast, UK
    Posts
    8,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post

    If we have some members here who don't want to read anything but support messages and aren't interested in anything else, question to the mods, maybe we should split this thread?
    Don't know what the other mods think, but I would be happy enough to keep everything in the same thread. As long as people bear in mind that Michael IS a hero to many and so all posts about medical issues and potential outcomes should be discussed sensitively so as not to upset anyone
    Forza Jules

  30. #570
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    867
    Still thinking about Schumi and hoping for something miraculous.

    The limited information we were given always suggested a high probability of a poor outcome and unfortunately as time goes on the prognosis gets worse. Very very sad

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •