Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Two days of testing with Alonso in Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    Is old Bulvanian tradition!
    You all know perfectly well that F1 drivers only work 9 to 5 Monday to Friday.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Without a doubt, this is the best looking car out there. Amazing pics btw.

Only wish it could go a bit faster. Hopefully in China
    As much as I LOVE Ferrari, the Williams Martini is the best looking car out there.

Maybe with that new nut a spike can be deployed out of the wheel? The problem is that the Ferrari has to catch the other cars before it can skewer their tires.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    As much as I LOVE Ferrari, the Williams Martini is the best looking car out there.

Maybe with that new nut a spike can be deployed out of the wheel? The problem is that the Ferrari has to catch the other cars before it can skewer their tires.
    The williams look good too. ... But atleast for my eyes it has too much white and feels a bit empty.

hope we have no teething problems with this new tyre rim and doesn't slow us down in the pits!

a full second behind the Merc and half as many laps run... but we have cool wheel nuts! yay! ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    a full second behind the Merc and half as many laps run... but we have cool wheel nuts! yay! ugh...
    Shhhh! This is called an aggressive program.

My Pics from today in Bahrain

Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    My Pics from today in Bahrain
    Nice photos Raz!

**Edited to remove photos in quote**
    Last edited by REDARMYSOJA; 9th April 2014 at 00:05.
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Whats with the separation here? Is it a change in CF thread layering? Or just clumsy work.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

The wheel nut is not just a fancy looking wheel nut, it has air blowing through it for aero benefits, and the air is fed by the huge brake ducts hence the oversized brake duct we saw on the car.

Williams was the first team to try it last year, and here's an article explaining how it works (for Williams, but it's the same).
    http://badgergp.com/2013/02/blown-wh...et-innovative/

After some technical meetings by the FIA at the 2012 Canadian Grand Prix, it was announced that Red Bull would have to seal some holes on the front wheel rims of the RB8. These holes were actually producing an aerodynamic effect by feeding airflow through the front brake ducts, through the front axle and to the outside of the front wheels through these holes in the wheel rim. The reason for this is to try and reduce drag created by the front wheels by redirecting airflow into the wake of the front wheels, away from the tyre itself which is a high source of drag, and produce a “cleaner” airflow going rearwards to the rest of the car. However, because the holes were incorporated into the wheel rim they rotated with it, which is possibly why it was declared a “moveable aerodynamic device” - something which is against the regulations.

Back to Williams and their new wheel nut design, this is essentially performing the same function as what Red Bull were trying up to the Canadian GP. Airflow is redirected via the front brake duct, through to a hollow duct that allows airflow to escape via the open-ended wheel nut to the outer edge of the front wheels. The difference here though is because the effect is produced via the wheel nut this does not rotate or move, therefore making this legal. The only downside to this is the front brake ducts have to be larger to make this work, which will produce more drag, so it is a bit of a balancing act.
    Given our engine problem, any technique to reduce drag will come in handy

Set-up testing for Alonso

Circuit: Sakhir circuit– 5.412 km
    Driver: Fernando Alonso
    Car: Ferrari F14 T
    Weather: air temperature 25/32°C, track temperature 31/44 °C. Sunny.
    Laps/Km completed: 69/373
    Best time: 1:36.626

Fernando Alonso was back behind the wheel of the F14 T at the Sakhir circuit today at the start of the first of four in-season tests, reintroduced this year after a two year break.

In the morning, the team concentrated on fine tuning various electronic configurations and on taking aerodynamic measurements with constant speed runs down the main straight. In the afternoon, work was carried out in short runs, lapping to evaluate different set-up choices.

Alonso will again be on track tomorrow, as Scuderia Ferrari tackles the second and final day of this test.

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/set....Xdus1ba7.dpuf
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post

Whats with the separation here? Is it a change in CF thread layering? Or just clumsy work.
    isnt clumsy work. No CF layering or making is clumsy, trust me.

Its a trick or the light, the way that part is bit more "shiny" than the sidepods weave.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Can it be a narrow slightly shallower pathway leading to the rear? Also dont compare with the sidepod, but to other floor areas.BY da way i meant the black line not the reflection on the floor.
    Last edited by PadGeT; 8th April 2014 at 19:31.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    Can it be a narrow slightly shallower pathway leading to the rear? Also dont compare with the sidepod, but to other floor areas.
    Just got your signature chemical symbol for sodium being Na. I like.

Well u can put holes on the wheel nuts too,then instead of making them open ended. Clearly the tighter the volume, more energised the flow and if the outward airflow is aiding the rear, that energy ill help in mitigating flow separation.
    Last edited by PadGeT; 8th April 2014 at 19:33.

F1 show biz 2016 :

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie View Post
    Just got your signature chemical symbol for sodium being Na. I like.
    Its quite common.

F1 show biz 2016 :

Bahrain Test, Day 1 – Tuesday, 8 April 2014
    Driver Team Time Laps
    1. N. Rosberg Mercedes Grand Prix 01:35.697 (121)
    2. N. Hulkenberg Force India F1 01:36.064 (68)
    3. F. Alonso Ferrari 01:36.626 (67)
    4. K. Magnussen McLaren 01:36.634 (101)
    5. V. Bottas Williams 01:37.305 (28)
    6. M. Chilton Marussia 01:37.678 (60)
    7. D. Ricciardo Red Bull 01:38.326 (91)
    8. S. Sirotkin Sauber 01:39.023 (75)
    9. R. Frijns Caterham 01:40.027 (63)
    10. P. Maldonado Lotus Renault 01:40.183 (16)
    11. D. Kvyat Scuderia Toro Rosso 01:40.452 (67)
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

I was hoping for a vastly different looking Ferrari. I do hope the tests puts us on a much better footing for the next race.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    I was hoping for a vastly different looking Ferrari. I do hope the tests puts us on a much better footing for the next race.
    What's really worrying, is that others still keep racking up more laps than we do.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

If todays lap times are compairable we already made some progress. This is bahrain, not a good track for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    What's really worrying, is that others still keep racking up more laps than we do.
    Definitely a worry. All the top teams did close to or more than 100 laps. Mercedes are working like a machine! I'm guessing that Ferrari were experimenting with new PU settings. Unfortunately, this kind of approach can lead to failures and lost time. This problem seems to be compounding itself. We have yet to hear from the team itself that we have made progress with our PU. I'm afraid it just looks like we're falling further and further behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    If todays lap times are compairable we already made some progress. This is bahrain, not a good track for us.
    Doesn't look that way. Look where Mercedes and Force India are. The anomaly is Red Bull -more fuel and Williams not pushing too hard? Also look at the gap between us and Marussia. If anything it looks like some of the other teams have made a step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    Doesn't look that way. Look where Mercedes and Force India are. The anomaly is Red Bull -more fuel and Williams not pushing too hard? Also look at the gap between us and Marussia. If anything it looks like some of the other teams have made a step forward.
    marussia was running on FUMES and maybe Alonso did not push too hard as they were running a lot of aero corellation....

common, do u rellay think masussia is ONLY 1 second slower then us....

we'll get there boys, soon...somehow i have a feeling that by SPAIN Ferrrari will be ON PAR with Mercedes....if not FASTER!!!! have faith you guys!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Strange that Williams only did 28 laps & that is all they wanted to do? Also did probably the least (thought I heard) during FP1, 2, 3. Sure are confident of their car, or worried about PU longevity (that doesn't seem likely, tho').
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    marussia was running on FUMES and maybe Alonso did not push too hard as they were running a lot of aero corellation....

we'll get there boys, soon...somehow i have a feeling that by SPAIN Ferrrari will be ON PAR with Mercedes....if not FASTER!!!! have faith you guys!!!
    I agree on Marussia!

And I'll get on board with that last bit, Ferrari will have some decent gains for China, then even more in Spain! FORZA FERRARI !!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

Wish it was the F14-T of Alonso battling for the lead in Bahrain with Ham instead of Ros.
    What you say really is hard to digest,that we will be on par with Merc's this year let alone in next few races.
    Still,Miracles do happen,hope for best

How about that in testing we are still 1 sec behind Merc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Bahrain Test, Day 1 – Tuesday, 8 April 2014
    Driver Team Time Laps
    1. N. Rosberg Mercedes Grand Prix 01:35.697 (121)
    2. N. Hulkenberg Force India F1 01:36.064 (68)
    3. F. Alonso Ferrari 01:36.626 (67)
    4. K. Magnussen McLaren 01:36.634 (101)
    5. V. Bottas Williams 01:37.305 (28)
    6. M. Chilton Marussia 01:37.678 (60)
    7. D. Ricciardo Red Bull 01:38.326 (91)
    8. S. Sirotkin Sauber 01:39.023 (75)
    9. R. Frijns Caterham 01:40.027 (63)
    10. P. Maldonado Lotus Renault 01:40.183 (16)
    11. D. Kvyat Scuderia Toro Rosso 01:40.452 (67)

Unless Ferrari are allowed to modify the engines and somehow find a HUGE amount of power, they'll always been 0.5 to 1.0 seconds behind Mercedes. They've been consistently 7-10 kph slower in the trap speed.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Unless Ferrari are allowed to modify the engines and somehow find a HUGE amount of power, they'll always been 0.5 to 1.0 seconds behind Mercedes. They've been consistently 7-10 kph slower in the trap speed.
    It can be mitigated by higher cornering speed. RBR arre doing so, why can't we?

F1 show biz 2016 :

BTW.. Hulk used Supersofts..
    Check the other pics here on my FB Album
    https://www.facebook.com/RaztaF1/med...1831.504098873
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!