Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Lewis picked up his toys yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

Lewis used a engine map he was not meant to use (more power)
    What special map? So Mercs can go even faster!?

Maybe Toto will "tweak" Lewie's ear too now...

Quote Originally Posted by khizerk View Post
    To be fair he's only explaining how two strategists at Mclaren made sure that team mates could race like rivals. In my opinion, had Rosberg been a proper gentleman, he would at least have offered the place to LH after the fiasco at qualifying - he did gain an unfair advantage.
    Well, if Lewis feels that something is wrong in how Merc plan their strategy, then I'm sure he can bring that up with the team and maybe even request for changes. Going to the media and say how McLaren could have done better only make him look like a fool, because he was the one who chose to go to Merc.

The stewards have cleared Rosberg after reviewing all the hard evidence, I think it's unfair to claim otherwise.

I actually thot hamilton had grown up and was respecting the guy of late. But these last few races have shown he is still the spoilt brat that he was. Between the merc boys, i was rooting for LH for i think NR is a kinda average- good driver with the right father in the right place... but after hearing what LH did in spain (diff map).. i no longer blame NR for doing what he did (deliberate or otherwise) in monaco quali, and i guess i will be hoping he beats LH this year *(though i cant see that happening).
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I actually thot hamilton had grown up and was respecting the guy of late. But these last few races have shown he is still the spoilt brat that he was. Between the merc boys, i was rooting for LH for i think NR is a kinda average- good driver with the right father in the right place... but after hearing what LH did in spain (diff map).. i no longer blame NR for doing what he did (deliberate or otherwise) in monaco quali, and i guess i will be hoping he beats LH this year *(though i cant see that happening).
    Well said.

This is a high profile sport which means that if you're a driver you gain good media attention and maybe even a celebrity status. Hamilton has done no favors to himself with how his fans and media will view him. But most important of all, he needs the outmost support from his team if he is going to stand any chance of beating a very evenly matched Rosberg. He has been cynical of his team lately and questioning their strategies as if he doesn't trust them. The team will only take so much and if by then Rosberg is in a position where he has more points, he'll get more support from the team than Hamilton. There's still a lot more to come between these two. It's still early stages.

I really enjoy this situation with Mercedes at the moment. I never liked Lewis and Bieber and I really really hope they will never drive for us
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

He is doing what he did in 2007, but this time he is not the darling of the team principal, he is not going to be shielded and he can say or do whatever he wants.

Don't forget over the 3 years Hamilton was at Mclaren Button scored more points.

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    I really enjoy this situation with Mercedes at the moment. I never liked Lewis and Bieber and I really really hope they will never drive for us
    It's a shame Merc are so far ahead as I feel the same about Lewis, he was under Ron's wing from an early age and got all the benefit by starting his F1 career in a top team, Nico wasn't so lucky to land a top team at first and had to work for it, and now has the upper hand for the moment. His family connections and upbringing shouldn't come into it, he still had to make the grade. So Merc's team rivalry will be the main entertainment this year, unless we really can get the F14-T up to speed. As for Bieber, I have to agree with you fratelli, but I still fear he may end up in red.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It's a shame Merc are so far ahead as I feel the same about Lewis, he was under Ron's wing from an early age and got all the benefit by starting his F1 career in a top team, Nico wasn't so lucky to land a top team at first and had to work for it, and now has the upper hand for the moment. His family connections and upbringing shouldn't come into it, he still had to make the grade. So Merc's team rivalry will be the main entertainment this year, unless we really can get the F14-T up to speed. As for Bieber, I have to agree with you fratelli, but I still fear he may end up in red.
    Hope you're wrong and the only red he ends up in is a Santa suit (at the RBR Christmas party)

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Don't forget over the 3 years Hamilton was at Mclaren Button scored more points.
    Button only finished ahead of him in the championship once, that was 2011

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFanBoii View Post
    Button only finished ahead of him in the championship once, that was 2011
    If you take the three years overall to show consistency Button scored more points, 672 for button 657 for hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    As for Bieber, I have to agree with you fratelli, but I still fear he may end up in red.
    If anyone still delighted by Bieber as an desirable driver after this season then this person should start making Pizza because of the tomatoes on the eyes ...

Alonso will drive a year with Bianchi where he (Bianchi) can learn from the best I've seen the last 10 years
    and Hulk will join as the other one ...

we will have a lot of fun ...

AMEN ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Lewis got a dominant car below him, got a few victories under his belt like in the good ol days, and now regained the attitude he had in the good ol days. Think it was 2008 when he had his last dominant car. I did start to like him as a driver and a person, especially when he joined Mercedes, thinking that he had matured a lil, but now i see that it was just the lack of wins and chances to gloat. Welcome back old and real Lewis, with your imitation of the Senna "i'm better than anyone", "i got a right and hunger bigger than anyone" attitude.

Chances are, we might just get a Lewis era, which will most likely outshine anything we saw for the past 4 years. I mean it annoyance wise. Seb did dominate, but he didn't gloat and usually kept it to himself. Lewis loves downsizing everyone, even his team and team mate and making him self a god chosen messiah. This has only begun.

Engine mapping indeed..Im still wondering how Merc can run so quick and still only use the required fuel allotment.
    Its as if they have 50 more hp than anyone. Im still not understanding how the use of all these electrics make the
    cars go any faster. They def dont do anything for the sound.

I don't really care what's going on in Merc at all, but if I had to choose which of the two I'd prefer to see winning a WDC title this year (if it won't be either of our drivers) then I'd definitely vote for Rosberg, although I don't like him either, but he's lesser of the two evils. I have to admit that I do admire Ham's natural skill and speed as a racing driver, but his awful gangsta rapper image and self-righteous and extremely narcissistic personality are simply repulsive. And just like many others on here, I too had thought that he had matured and I even started to like him a little, but this season has once again brought out the obnoxious whiny Ham that we all knew during his mclaren days. So yea, if one of the Merc drivers is going to win the WDC then I hope it's gonna be Rosberg. That would really make Ham go crazy. He might even leave F1 completely and join up with 50 Cent or Snoop Dogg to become a full-time rapper LOL.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

There are more sour grapes and tears on this thread than lewis could ever achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sore loser ain't he?

Anyway my main point was pre-race in an interview with Herbert he spoke about how mind games are not for him and how he does all the talking on track, and said how beating his rival in a equal car proves everything. Fair enough, but then come the grid walk Lauda confirms to Brundle that Lewis used a engine map he was not meant to use (more power) in Spain which off course let him beat Nico, and that Lewis apologised for doing so......
    So much for equal cars then Lewis.....
    well to be fair in an interview between lewis and nico,lewis did say that nico used it in bahrain and he did it in spain!

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/12433...ff-at-Mercedes

PitLaneTalk ‏@pitlanetalk

Jenson Button says Hamilton will destroy Rosberg in the upcoming races. Says he'll be stronger after relationships broke down. #F1 #Formula1
    LOL "Hamilton will destroy Rosberg in the upcoming races"...yeah, right. We'll see, we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    LOL "Hamilton will destroy Rosberg in the upcoming races"...yeah, right. We'll see, we'll see...

I can already see Lewis coming together with Rosberg in Canada just like he did with Button and as i recall Lewis destroyed only himself then.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    I can already see Lewis coming together with Rosberg in Canada just like he did with Button and as i recall Lewis destroyed only himself then.
    In that sense maybe he will destroy Rosberg, yes ...Rosberg's car to be precise LOL.

But I think what Button meant was that Ham is going to destroy Rosberg in the sense that he's going to be much faster on the track than Rosberg, which I highly doubt. He hasn't been able to "destroy" Rosberg thus far and I really can't see it happening in the upcoming races either. If anything, it was Rosberg who destroyed Ham mentally in Monaco.

Button knows nothing.
    I think Hamilton will continue to be a cry baby and throw his toys out of the pram all season especially when Rosburg beats him.
    That is if Toto & Nicki don't sort him out, They may not be so patient as uncle Ron was.
    Lewis at Ferrari perish the thought. Never

Actually, I can agree to Button. Lewis is formidable when he is focused for results, but 'destroy' is an exaggerated word

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Actually, I can agree to Button. Lewis is formidable when he is focused for results, but 'destroy' is an exaggerated word

As long as Lewis is trying to play "mind games" he will quickly loose out in this years championship. And then there would be an eventual coming together between the Merc drivers for sure.

Even before Monaco GP he couldn't destroy Nico, as he couldn't destroy Jenson. If all fails he and his team mate might be close to each others points in the championship, but i still feel that Nico has the edge between them.

You all will be surprised how will Rosberg handle Hamilton on Canada and tracks like that. Nico will be very good. Equal with Hamilton.
    Just few posts really not in place here. Cry like little baby. Tipical Ferrari comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    As long as Lewis is trying to play "mind games" he will quickly loose out in this years championship. And then there would be an eventual coming together between the Merc drivers for sure.

Even before Monaco GP he couldn't destroy Nico, as he couldn't destroy Jenson. If all fails he and his team mate might be close to each others points in the championship, but i still feel that Nico has the edge between them.
    First race Hamilton Pole & then engine failure. Next four races, 3 Poles & 4 wins. Monaco, 2 tenths quicker on his final hot lap before had to abort, I am sure he would've won Monaco had he got his lap. I respect your opinion but to me it seems Hamilton is inside Rosberg's head

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Button knows nothing.
    I think Hamilton will continue to be a cry baby and throw his toys out of the pram all season especially when Rosburg beats him.
    That is if Toto & Nicki don't sort him out, They may not be so patient as uncle Ron was.
    Lewis at Ferrari perish the thought. Never
    Why would you not want the fastest driver in a red car? makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I respect your opinion but to me it seems Hamilton is inside Rosberg's head

No problem man, we won't fight over Hamilton

Let's wait and see what Canada brings. As a favorite track of Hamilton it will be telling how Rosberg performs there. Who cracks and gives up the advantage.

But hopefully they will tangle and the updates gives us a car/s that win.

You guys don't know what I had to deal with over the past few days on twitter, fb, mainly on twitter.. I hated him in the beginning as we all did, and now as things get serious, he goes back to 2007.. Last year he was actually alright.. but no.. now.. sorry mate, get out of Merc..
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!