Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ferrari Chairman: We Could Leave Formula One

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    That's fine but we all know Ferrari won't be leaving F1 as it would leave a massive hole in the finances that sportscars would never replace.
    I sincerely hope that Ferrari won't leave F1 as long as F1 exists, because Ferrari belongs in F1, as Luca said: "Ferrari has had Formula 1 coursing through its veins for over half a century." and Ferrari is synonymous with F1 racing.

It would certainly be a very sad day when Ferrari would leave F1. But I also don't think that Ferrari will be leaving, at least not in the foreseeable future.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    What does it matter who is the most popular? That's not a reason to support a team.
    It is a really good indication as to what could happen should Ferrari leave.
    I did post something earlier , a sort of "lazy" as one calls it version of an impact analysis.I do this for a living mind you.
    Whereas one needs more data to actually make a "real" one, it's more than obvious for one to understand that should Ferrari leave F1, even if that was damaging for the Scuderia, F1 as a product would simply would be damaged beyond repair, the other teams would take a massive hit, sponsors would at the very least pull money since the product would be devalued and yes , great deal of people would simply be frustrated and head wherever Ferrari would go.

Love'm or hate'm, Ferrari is a MASSIVE cornerstone of what is called F1. It really is that simple.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    You can easily gauge the popularity of a team thanks to polls. And Ferrari is the most popular F1 team, at least based on a poll made four years ago, here's the proof: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/0...ans-favourite/

And I'm not belittling the role of other teams, I'm just saying that Ferrari is the most popular and most important team in F1, that's something that even the other teams would surely agree with. No other team in motorsport has such worldwide following and support as Ferrari has, thanks to all the Tifosi. That's not just my opinion, that's a indisputable and well-known fact.
    How does a James Allen poll proves anything. He'd be lucky if 5% of the entire F1 viewers population read his blog. And popularity doesn't equate to importance.

By the way, I really can't believe that I need to prove the popularity of Ferrari to other Ferrari fans on a Ferrari fan forum. *sigh*
    That's because you have your own way of supporting the team, and you always feel the need to impose it on others. Supporting a team doesn't mean we must think our team is the best and greatest above all, and the head of the team can make no mistake. If that is your approach to supporting a team, that's fine. But you can't impose that on others, or expect everyone else to be that way else they are not a fan.

http://www.brandfinance.com/news/pre...powerful-brand

talian Beauty

A case in point is Ferrari, owned by Italian car giant Fiat, that achieved the highest brand rating in the Global 500 despite being a niche sports car manufacturer with a much smaller enterprise value than many of the other global brands in the Top 500.

“I often think that the Italian genius for car design is based in the language of craft,” comments world renowned design critic Stephen Bayley. “Theirs is a workshop vocabulary with words for a car’s features and contours many of which simply don’t exist in English. If you have a word for it you can draw it. That word is beauty,” he says.

A key driver of brand value is revenue. Clearly Ferrari cannot compete in terms of the size of the multi-national brands. However its brand rating takes into account other financial metrics such as net margins, average revenue per customer, marketing and advertising spend as well as qualitative measures such as brand affection and loyalty.

Taken together, Ferrari outperforms not only rival auto manufacturers BMW, VW, Mercedes Benz, Lexus and Audi but all brands worldwide.

Ferrari today announced record results for the first nine months of 2012, recording an increase in net profits by 7.6 per cent to €244m on a turnover of €2.43 billion.

"It is always a pleasure to top any list and still more so when the competition includes some of the world's most famous companies. This achievement proves that even in very tough economic times, Italy can still offer the world businesses of excellence," commented Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo. "Behind this acknowledgement are exceptional products made by equally exceptional men and women. They made it possible and for that I thank them."

David Haigh concludes: “As the Global 500 powerfully demonstrates, customer expectations of brands are much higher than ever as trust becomes a critical business issue in a time of increased economic uncertainty. To fulfil such expectations, brand owners must continue to innovate whilst at the same time deliver quality with value, choice with social responsibility and sustainability with growth.”
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

http://www.brandfinance.com/news/pre...powerful-brand
    Ferrari is the world’s most powerful brand. The legendary Italian carmaker scores highly on a wide variety of measures on Brand Finance’s Brand Strength Index, from desirability, loyalty and consumer sentiment to visual identity, online presence and employee satisfaction. Ferrari is one of only eleven brands (including Google, Hermès, Coca-Cola, Disney, Rolex and F1 racing rivals Red Bull) to be awarded an AAA+ brand rating and has the highest overall score.

Brand Finance Chief Executive David Haigh stated, “The prancing horse on a yellow badge is instantly recognizable the world over, even where paved roads have yet to reach. In its home country and among its many admirers worldwide Ferrari inspires more than just brand loyalty, more of a cultish, even quasi-religious devotion, its brand power is indisputable.”

Though Ferrari is the world’s most powerful brand, being a niche, luxury brand with an officially capped production, it is perhaps unsurprising that it is some way off being the world’s most valuable. Its US$4 billion brand value puts it 350th in brand value terms. David Haigh continues, “Apple also has a powerful brand, rated AAA by Brand Finance. However what sets it apart is its ability to monetize that brand. For example, though tablets were in use before the iPad, it was the application of the Apple brand to the concept that captured the public imagination and allowed it to take off as a commercial reality.” This is just one of the factors responsible for its US$105 billion brand value; it is the world’s most valuable brand for the third year in a row.

One needs to understand that when the most powerful brand exits the world of F1, consequences will arise. And yes, Ferrari will suffer them too, but the question at hand is, will F1 survive?

The unmistakable answer is not in its present form.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    How does a James Allen poll proves anything. He'd be lucky if 5% of the entire F1 viewers population read his blog. And popularity doesn't equate to importance.
    That poll wasn't made by James Allen, it was done by FOTA and F1 Racing magazine and 84000 F1 fans from 174 different countries gave their vote in that poll. And popularity alone might not equate to importance, but Ferrari is without a doubt the most important team in F1, why else does only Ferrari have the right to veto every technical change in F1?

That's because you have your own way of supporting the team, and you always feel the need to impose it on others. Supporting a team doesn't mean we must think our team is the best and greatest above all, and the head of the team can make no mistake. If that is your approach to supporting a team, that's fine. But you can't impose that on others, or expect everyone else to be that way else they are not a fan.
    I'm a Ferrari fan and I dare to think that my team is the best and greatest of all... Wow! That's absolutely criminal, really naughty ! How dare I , right?! LOL

Yes I am very passionate about Ferrari and yes I do think that it's the best and greatest team in the world and if you don't like it then that's your problem.

Oh btw, whatever you do, don't ever go to Monza or Italy in general, cause there everybody will be "imposing" their love, support for Ferrari and opinions of Ferrari's greatness on you and you probably wouldn't be able to handle it. And if you don't like people imposing their opinions of Ferrari's greatness on you then what on earth are you doing in a Ferrari fan forum? If you come to a forum like this then you're always running the risk of someone telling you how great and wonderful Ferrari is, which is obviously intolerable for you.

I'm a Ferrari fan and I dare to think that my team is the best and greatest of all... Wow! That's absolutely criminal, really naughty ! How dare I , right?! LOL

Yes I am very passionate about Ferrari and yes I do think that it's the best and greatest team in the world and if you don't like it then that's your problem.

Oh btw, whatever you do, don't ever go to Monza or Italy in general, cause there everybody will be "imposing" their love, support for Ferrari and opinions of Ferrari's greatness on you and you probably wouldn't be able to handle it. And if you don't like people imposing their opinions of Ferrari's greatness on you then what on earth are you doing in a Ferrari fan forum? If you come to a forum like this then you're always running the risk of someone telling you how great and wonderful Ferrari is, which is obviously intolerable for you.
    You don't seem to get my point. I've said, I don't have a problem with how you want to support Ferrari, everyone have their own ways to support the team. And since when have I said I have a problem with people thinking how great Ferrari is?

Your problem is not how you praise the team, is how you expect everyone to support a team in the way you do, and you are always going around judging other fans here.

I do not have any problem with Ferrari fans showing their support for the team, everyone shows their support in their own ways. I just dislike when someone have this holier than thou attitude.

You don't seem to get my point. I've said, I don't have a problem with how you want to support Ferrari, everyone have their own ways to support the team. And since when have I said I have a problem with people thinking how great Ferrari is?

Your problem is not how you praise the team, is how you expect everyone to support a team in the way you do, and you are always going around judging other fans here.

I do not have any problem with Ferrari fans showing their support for the team, everyone shows their support in their own ways. I just dislike when someone have this holier than thou attitude.
    "Judging other fans here"..."holier than thou attitude"...what the hell are you talking about man??? I've never judged anyone, I only condemn it when someone is blatantly bashing and insulting the team here, that's all. And I certainly don't have any "holier than thou" attitude, I'm fully aware that not everybody thinks the same way I do and that people have different opinions. It seems to me that you're the one who's judging others here with your own holier than thou attitude. But I honestly don't even care what you think of me, so, whatever...

1. Ferrari will never leave F1.
    2. If Ferrari does do Lemans on a larger scale than 458's, they will have AF Corse run it. They know how to win.
    3. Ferrari will never leave F1.
    4. The teams DO need to get together as Luca suggested, F1 must return to what F1 is supposed to be.

"Judging other fans here"..."holier than thou attitude"...what the hell are you talking about man??? I've never judged anyone, I only condemn it when someone is blatantly bashing and insulting the team here, that's all. And I certainly don't have any "holier than thou" attitude, I'm fully aware that not everybody thinks the same way I do and that people have different opinions. It seems to me that you're the one who's judging others here with your own holier than thou attitude. But I honestly don't even care what you think of me, so, whatever...
    Well yeah, I'm not here trying to change you either. But remember how you reacted when Brembo Man voiced his opinion against how Ferrari conducted team orders during the years of Barrichello?

You don't have to agree with other people's opinion, but just because you do not agree with them, it doesn't automatically means they are blatantly bashing the team. We can still disagree with the things the team do, just like Brembo Man's opinion on team orders. There are things I disagree too such as Luca DM's constant complain about aero, Luca's ear tweaking or public warning to Massa, or his decision to replace Massa. Does that mean I'm insulting the team or I'm any lesser of a fan?

That is my whole point. If you could see that by supporting the team doesn't mean that we must be 100% positive about everything regarding the team we support all the time, you'll see that there actually isn't as much bashing or insult going on, what you thought was bashing was just people having a different opinion on certain matters.

Well yeah, I'm not here trying to change you either. But remember how you reacted when Brembo Man voiced his opinion against how Ferrari conducted team orders during the years of Barrichello?

You don't have to agree with other people's opinion, but just because you do not agree with them, it doesn't automatically means they are blatantly bashing the team. We can still disagree with the things the team do, just like Brembo Man's opinion on team orders. There are things I disagree too such as Luca DM's constant complain about aero, Luca's ear tweaking or public warning to Massa, or his decision to replace Massa. Does that mean I'm insulting the team or I'm any lesser of a fan?

That is my whole point. If you could see that by supporting the team doesn't mean that we must be 100% positive about everything regarding the team we support all the time, you'll see that there actually isn't as much bashing or insult going on, what you thought was bashing was just people having a different opinion on certain matters.
    Yeah, thanks for the lovely lecture. You have your views and opinions and I have mine, that's it. And I'll be sure to apologize to your favorite brembo man as soon as he goes and apologizes to Schumi for mocking him and calling him "the chin". How about you try to calm down now, huh?

Guess it's pointless trying to reason with you.

Guess it's pointless trying to reason with you.
    What "reasoning" lol? You're just trying to impose your views and opinions on me and because I don't agree with you, you're now getting all butthurt. Like I said, you have your views and opinions and I have mine. Enough of this pointless bickering, we'll get nowhere with this anyway. Let's shake hands and part ways.

What "reasoning" lol? You're just trying to impose your views and opinions on me and because I don't agree with you, you're now getting all butthurt. Like I said, you have your views and opinions and I have mine. Enough of this pointless bickering, we'll get nowhere with this anyway. Let's shake hands and part ways.
    I'm not imposing any opinion on you. In fact, I'm trying to highlight the fact that we all have different opinions, and we should not judge others as bashing the team or being lesser of a fans due to our difference in opinion regarding the team we support.

I hope that they do, actually. Call the new series Real Grand Prix racing. Refueling. Tire changes. Engine changes. Freeze aero.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I hope that they do, actually. Call the new series Real Grand Prix racing. Refueling. Tire changes. Engine changes. Freeze aero.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Montezemolo: I never said that Ferrari would pull out of F1

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has hit reverse gear, after he was widely quoted as having threatened to pull the Maranello team out of Formula 1.

Montezemolo made the clear warning last week to the respected Wall Street Journal, as he insisted that any Le Mans foray for Ferrari by 2020 would be at the expense of Formula 1.

Montezemolo has been highly critical of the new shape of the pinnacle of motor sport, and has reportedly written a letter to Bernie Ecclestone asking for a meeting with all the major stakeholders to discuss the future.

But it is believed that Ferrari’s highly critical stance was discussed at length during the Formula 1 Commission meeting on Wednesday, two days later and Montezemolo is tempering his earlier remarks.

“A letter to Ecclestone? I don’t need to write to him to arrange a meeting,” multiple Italian publications on Friday quoted Montezemolo, 66, as saying at a Maserati event in Modena.

“I never said that Ferrari would pull out, but I do think the time has come to make a reflection on our system. I think that Ferrari [have] the duty to seek improvements for the benefit of the teams, the fans, the media and the sponsors.

“And I think that, having been in Formula 1 for 64 years, Ferrari has the right to think about the future,” he added.

“Formula 1 is an extraordinary sport,” said Montezemolo, “but we need to do something to make it better.”

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/06/...ull-out-of-f1/