Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Austrian GP 2014 Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Felipe's pole just show what we have been missing the last few years.. Did you see his son and wife running to meet him, the emotion that is envolved, also the fact that everyone seems to love Felipe being on pole.. It's this emotion and character in racing drivers that we have been missing the last years (Seb, but also Lewis (he Always wants to be a "cool gangstah", and Nico (who care more about how is hair is))
    What I loved was the Ferrari guy who arrived at the Williams garage before Felipe even got to meet Raffa and his son, Obviously he was one of Felipe's engineers at Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    What I loved was the Ferrari guy who arrived at the Williams garage before Felipe even got to meet Raffa and his son, Obviously he was one of Felipe's engineers at Ferrari.
    That was a highlight for me as well! I really hope I can see that shot back soon on the internet
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

I want this win for Felipe as I have never wanted a non-Ferrari win

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I want this win for Felipe as I have never wanted a non-Ferrari win
    I'll be away in the morning, so of all the races I decided to miss.

I hope I have a nice surprise when I watch the replay later tomorrow though.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Austrian GP: Fernando Alonso salutes Felipe Massa pole

By Andrew Benson

Ferrari's Fernando Alonso paid tribute to former team-mate Felipe Massa after the Williams driver took pole for the Austrian Grand Prix.
    Massa, who joined Williams after four years alongside Alonso at Ferrari, beat team-mate Valtteri Bottas to take his first pole since the 2008 Brazilian GP.
    "I always said Felipe was a very, very fast man," Alonso said. "Not many people believed me.
    "But I still think he was probably the fastest team-mate that I had."
    Among his team-mates in a 13-year career, Alonso has also partnered Lewis Hamilton, who beat Massa to the 2008 title, and is this year joined by 2007 world champion Kimi Raikkonen, who he has out-qualified six times in eight races and beaten in every grand prix.

"Definitely Felipe struggled in the last four years because we knew that we were not super-competitive," said Alonso, who qualified fourth behind Mercedes' Nico Rosberg.
    "Now he has a very fast car, he enjoyed today and I congratulate him and am happy for him after the tough moments we lived together in the last four years. But tomorrow I hopefully finish in front of him and not behind any more."
    Massa said he believed the move to Williams had been good for him.
    "I had a great time with Ferrari," Massa said. "I'm not a guy who is trying to speak bad about the past. I have had an incredible time in my past and I really enjoy everybody from Ferrari, but I feel that sometimes a change helps.
    "Always when you are in the same place for many years... also I had a difficult moment as well, you know, it was good to have a change.
    "I really feel happy with Williams, with really great people.
    "They really believe in my job, they really believe in what I say and I think that's really positive. It makes me feel better, it makes me feel very important inside the team."
    Williams head of vehicle performance Rob Smedley, who also joined from Ferrari for this season, said: "Fernando is an incredible competitor; really one of the very best drivers of all time."
    So having Fernando Alonso as your team-mate is never easy, as Kimi's finding out now.

Massa's last pole came in 2008, a year in which he qualified fastest on six occasions
    "We all know that Kimi is an incredible driver. But Fernando just delivers and it's not just weekend in, weekend out, it's session in, session out.
    "The guy hardly ever puts a foot wrong. And that puts you under pressure. It's normal when you have to battle against somebody who is so very good that you do feel pressure.
    "Here we have a more equal pairing between the drivers and that has helped Felipe to relax a little bit and to relax into his role."
    Massa said Williams would find it hard to hold off Rosberg and team-mate Lewis Hamilton, who starts ninth, in the race on Sunday.
    "We cannot forget what Mercedes have been doing until now this season," he said, in reference to their domination.
    "We cannot forget that they didn't have a clean qualifying either.
    "I think we will see a very strong Mercedes [in the race], so we need to be ready for everything. We need to be ready also that finishing behind them is still an incredible job for us

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/27957343

:

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Just watched qual, no real surprise from us but well done Felipe, seems some on here are a bit upset that they are finally realising Felipe really was not the reason we did not win races and titles
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    For that we may get good racing...
    ...And for a possible Ferrari podium?
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

P4 unexpected but not unbelievable with Fernando Alonso.
    Kimi Raikkonen throws up no surprises considering oue car's original conditions

Massa's pole another testimony of The HuGe failure and rutthole that the most naturally untalented absolutely useless and a couple of other adjectives and swear words that Stepheno Domenciali IS.
    4 down, 3 to go! Forza Sebastian!

Quote Originally Posted by scuderia_nano View Post
    Massa's pole another testimony of The HuGe failure and rutthole that the most naturally untalented absolutely useless and a couple of other adjectives and swear words that Stepheno Domenciali IS.
    Is this really necessary?
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I'm not sure but I think he might actually be on Alonso's side of the garage... I know the guy you mean and at the end of Brazil last year there was a clip of him looking like he was crying while talking to Rob at the end of the race.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    I'll be away in the morning, so of all the races I decided to miss.

I hope I have a nice surprise when I watch the replay later tomorrow though.
    I don't think a win is on the cards tbh, I'd say Alonso has as much a shot at the podium as Felipe does.
    Forza Jules

Anyone know what combination of parts we raced? Engine cover, wheel nuts, sidepod airflow conditioner, monkey seat/lip?
    Forza Ferrari!!

I also want to know if we ran our updates for qualifying. I know we didn't run the monkey seat for qually

P4 unexpected but not unbelievable with Fernando Alonso.
    Kimi Raikkonen throws up no surprises considering oue car's original conditions

How does Massa scoring a pole proves that he's a failure?

Your extreme hatred for him is illogical at this point and you are only make yourself look foolish

Austrian GP 2014 Qualifying Thread

Yesterday tried few laps on my gaming console, it's a difficult circuit compared to what it looks. P4 is a good starting position but podium will be a long shot still. I am so happy for Massa & agree with Alonso that he is right up there, just needs good equipment.

And what about Sir Frank Williams? He has seen so many bad seasons in recent past, good for the old legend to see his team locking the front row

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

Your extreme hatred for him is illogical at this point and you are only make yourself look foolish
    Massa was removed by Stephano. Either I am foolish or Stephano is. Obviously do consider Stephano was fired midway.
    4 down, 3 to go! Forza Sebastian!

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    ...And for a possible Ferrari podium?
    I will believe that when I see it. I honestly think Mercs will eat us alive and we won't probably be able to overtake Williams. Let's see, anything can happen.
    Last edited by Kyss4k; 22nd June 2014 at 07:32.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

Stefano couldn't build a winning team hence why he's a failure and all what scuderia_nano said is justified.

I am not Massas fan (in fact I don't like him for his discontent about orders that Ferrari gave him, he's not a teamplayer, ego is too big) but I know that he was representing Ferraris real pace in races and quali. This is how our team would look without Alonso. We would be somewhere alongside Mclaren or even in a worse shape.

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    Stefano couldn't build a winning team hence why he's a failure and all what scuderia_nano said is justified.

I am not Massas fan (in fact I don't like him for his discontent about orders that Ferrari gave him, he's not a teamplayer, ego is too big) but I know that he was representing Ferraris real pace in races and quali. This is how our team would look without Alonso. We would be somewhere alongside Mclaren or even in a worse shape.
    Felipe not a teamplayer?? You are joking I hope!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

His ego to big???? You should watch Brazil 2007, without Felipe Kimi wouldn't be a World Champion, also watch Brazil 2012, Fernando was struggling really bad at a certain point in the race, Felipe was right behind him, the way Felipe positioned his car was really spectacular, he was really defending Fernando from getting past. There ofcourse a lot more moments, but the fact that he sacrifices a great result at his home GP, which is very important to him, for his teammate... Felipe is a teamplayer and did a lot for Ferrari! His points were the points the Ferrari deserved to get, Fernando, in one way or the other, got so much extra out of it, he IS the best driver on the grid and he definitly is amongst the greatest of all time, a shame that he has been suffering with an avergage car for so long in his carreer...
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

It is a beautiful morning here in Graz, so it should be in Spielberg as well (only 74km away)
    and summer wind brings some taste of interesting race in the air ...

Forza Ferrari ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    It is a beautiful morning here in Graz, so it should be in Spielberg as well (only 74km away)
    and summer wind brings some taste of interesting race in the air ...

Forza Ferrari ...
    You are not going to the race?

Massa was removed by Stephano. Either I am foolish or Stephano is. Obviously do consider Stephano was fired midway.
    I'd imagine Luca DM is the person who makes the final decision regarding drivers lineup.

Massa is actually the most loyal team player Ferrari have seen. No driver is required to be happy about team orders, as they are sacrificing their own race after all, but in the end, he did what he have to do.

But I don't really see any discontent from him regarding team orders. In fact, he had several time said he will help Alonso if he was in the position to do so. One of the biggest sacrifice he had to make was in Austin GP where his gearbox was broken to take a 5 place penalty, again no complain by him.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    You are not going to the race?
    No,

a) I have to save money for my marriage
    b) I don't give RedBull one Single Cent
    c) I just avoid big crowds where the biggest part are Germans and Austrians with RedBull team wear ...
    d) when they started the sale of the tickets there was just so a big hype about it so a decided not to play the game along. And after that I haven't really cared about it as I would like to be on different circuits.

The next circuits I will join is SPA or Monza ... and maybe somewhere far over the globe (Canada, Australia).
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    No,

a) I have to save money for my marriage
    b) I don't give RedBull one Single Cent
    c) I just avoid big crowds where the biggest part are Germans and Austrians with RedBull team wear ...
    d) when they started the sale of the tickets there was just so a big hype about it so a decided not to play the game along. And after that I haven't really cared about it as I would like to be on different circuits.

The next circuits I will join is SPA or Monza ... and maybe somewhere far over the globe (Canada, Australia).
    Congratulations on your marriage! I am in that boat for 12 years now, with two beautiful girls! So proud of them!
    I am traveling every year since 1995, when I was for the first time at GP race, to Hungaroring. It is around 450Km from Belgrade to Budapest. I am enjoying it... For the past few (more than few) years I am not enjoying results, but anyway I like all that traveling, going to circuit... This year I am not going. I am disappointed with F1 in general, and than again Ferrari is very poor this year, again, and I am traveling on that same day 27th of July to Greece for Summer holiday. But! There is always but... I am going to season finale in Abu Dhabi

Good morning! Strategy meeting... @AussieGrit pic.twitter.com/n8tBj9xbva

I'm happy for Felipe too, but I still hope we beat him today. I think we could actually win this. The Williams and Merc ahead of us could easily bunch up and lose time playing the offensive/defensive dance. If the opportunity presents itself, Fernando is the man to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Congratulations on your marriage!
    I am going to season finale in Abu Dhabi
    Thanks
    I was in Budapest 3 years ago. Nice to go there because there is only you and the track and nature: build your tend, build up the grill and keep the beer cold (which isn't easy as it is always so hot there). And If you have ever been at the Budapest Grand Prix you can't figure out what the real problem was with Austrian Grand Prix as the infrastructure is by far better there, even Spielberg isn't really big. But who understands Mr. Bernie ...

Our honeymoon will bring us to Dubai ... And I'm playing with thoughts to have trip to Ferrari World ...

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post

Good morning! Strategy meeting... @AussieGrit pic.twitter.com/n8tBj9xbva

So happy for felipe, no offence to raikonene, we know how tallented he is andrhe car is not to his needs but like everyone with these regs, everyone has started from scratch, if felipe produces these results heads will be asked! Wheter we can rectify this situation for 2015 i really do not know