View Poll Results: Bring back Traction Control?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes bring it back.

5 17.86%
  • No, its a track gizmo.

21 75.00%
  • dont care.

2 7.14%

Thread: Traction Control

Question Traction Control

Just like to ask/know what peoples thoughts are about it. Cars in the WEC use it, most road cars use it nowdays. I know, its a gizmo and not "real" driving, but he if it will help tyre deg, and other series use it, use it on the road in family car, why not bring it back in F1.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Please, no TC, no ABS, no automatic transmissions etc. Less electronic thingys and the sport is more about driver talent and cheaper as well for the teams.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Bring it back in F1? Sure isn't there?

Having seen the cars today getting all out of shape then I would have to say no
    Forza Ferrari

Personally I'm not a fan of traction control and ABS in racing, as I think they make the driver a "voting member" rather than being the person who's 100% in control of the car. What happens is the driver tells the car to accelerate, and the computer will determine how much acceleration should be applied. Or in the case of ABS, the driver just tells the car to brake by standing on the brake paddle, and the ABS will determine the optimum braking mechanics. I think these technologies takes away an important aspect of driving, which is what racing is about.

On road cars, these cars are not meant to test a person's driving skills, the aim is to make driving as safe as possible, and these technologies helps by helping the drivers do some difficult task such as accelerating and braking safely while driving in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Personally I'm not a fan of traction control and ABS in racing, as I think they make the driver a "voting member" rather than being the person who's 100% in control of the car. What happens is the driver tells the car to accelerate, and the computer will determine how much acceleration should be applied. Or in the case of ABS, the driver just tells the car to brake by standing on the brake paddle, and the ABS will determine the optimum braking mechanics. I think these technologies takes away an important aspect of driving, which is what racing is about.

On road cars, these cars are not meant to test a person's driving skills, the aim is to make driving as safe as possible, and these technologies helps by helping the drivers do some difficult task such as accelerating and braking safely while driving in the rain.

Well said Hornet

Leave traction control and ABS off F1 cars, but bring back active suspension.
    Last edited by ManFromMilan; 4th July 2014 at 18:55.

I'd say no because it presents a greater challenge to the drivers, but considering the talent of most F1 drivers I doubt the impact of (lifting) the ban. Have you noticed any substantial shuffling at the top of the board when it got banned in 2008?

Bieber needs this but Alonso can do w/o it hehe.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I'd rather see drivers struggle with a cars handling & much less selector twisting to adjust a myriad of car functions. They already use engine mapping as a form of TC.

Edit: apparently I've run afoul of some sort of word filter (nasty word I assume) as it keeps deleting the first word I've typed between "less" & "twisting", we'll see if it likes "selector" better?
    Last edited by abbottcostello; 5th July 2014 at 08:28.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

No more TC,ABS and all other gizmos,im enyoing F1 as never before!!
    "Sebastian,Daniel is Faster Than you"
    "Tough Luck!"

No...thanks!

Traction Control is an assistant to make drive easier and it's not an option that we need anymore, so why bring it back to F1?!

The FIA is trying to get rid of the importance of aero in F1. To keep everything equal the mechanical grip of the machines must increase. If Traction Control is what we need to make sure the cars don't get even slower and it creates less turbulant air so 2 cars can race nose to tail helping to get rid of DRS then I am all for it.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Launch control would be great to see back in the cars.