Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2014 - Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

Luck is once or twice, but constantly repiting mistakes is something else...
    Yes, it is called amateure stupidity. Well, no, amateures would not have risked it. Just plain stupidity. It is time MM clean the stables

I knew we were in trouble when I saw Hamilton's time come up, he didn't even beat out Bianchi.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Hahaha......first you think Ferrari was screwing up but no, then comes Lewis.......
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

On the other hand, this could indeed turn out to be a fun race for Fernando and Kimi, I mean now they really can race.........
    Fernando wasn't even that disappointed, maybe he thinks the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Hahaha......first you think Ferrari was screwing up but no, then comes Lewis.......

Yeah it seems the Lewis Hamilton bonehead move of the weekend has a winner already

Fernando Alonso was pretty pragmatic after Ferrari's qualifying disaster at Silverstone on Saturday.

Having been there or thereabouts during Friday's two practice sessions in the dry, the Italian outfit looked set for a decent qualifying session, but it turned into a poor afternoon for the team.

With the rain falling steadily during the latter stages of Q1, Alonso lost control of his car and spun at Luffeld, failing to make it into Q2. His team-mate Kimi Raikkonen also crashed out in Q1.

However, two-time World Champion Alonso was philosophical after Saturday's qualifying.

"It happens some times in this weather," he told BBC Sport. "Thirty seconds before or later you'd have the right tyre in the right moment and you'd be in the hero or the mistake part.

"Here in the compound there are two Ferrari drivers and two Williams so we there was something we definitely did wrong compared to the other teams.

"We need to study what happened but I don't think there was nothing we could do differently. After the qualifying it is easy to do but in the moment it isn't very clear.

"We will start at the back, we will have some overtaking to do and we'll enjoy."

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...ing-blame-game

Could be worse.

British GP qualifying: Alonso says Ferrari needs faster decisions

Fernando Alonso says his Ferrari Formula 1 team needs to improve its decision-making procedures in order to avoid situations like going out in Q1 during qualifying for the British Grand Prix.

Both the Spaniard and team-mate Kimi Raikkonen failed to reach Q2 after going out on slicks just before the rain hit Silverstone in the dying moment of the first qualifying segment.

With the duo not having set a competitive enough time before the rain came, both were knocked out, with Alonso 19th and Raikkonen 20th. It was the first time Alonso missed Q2 since the 2010 Monaco Grand Prix.

The double world champion, who also suffered a spin on his flying lap, admitted Ferrari needs to work on speeding up its communication process having been in this situation before.

"We know there are two Williams and two Ferraris out of Q1, so there's definitely something wrong compared to the other teams because when both cars are out in a session like this it's because you were in the wrong moment with the wrong tyre," said Alonso.

"That's something we need to look at. It's true that it has happened some other times, and we were saved many times by luck.

"We need to do better next time. I think the bigger teams have longer procedures than smaller teams, so we need to speed up some of the communications and some of the things that we do."

While team-mate Raikkonen believed Ferrari was unlucky with the weather, claiming it did not risk anything by switching to slicks when it did, Alonso said the fault ultimately lay with the team.

"It's something we need to improve, but at the same time it's a very narrow line," he added.

"If the rain had come two minutes earlier these people would be in the wall now, and people would ask [them] 'why do you put dry tyres while the track is still wet?'"

"But I agree that there were some cars on dry tyres today a couple of minutes before us doing green sectors and we were in the garage. So we need to improve that for next time."

The Spaniard also condeded that he had banished thoughts of staying in the title fight this year

"I think if anyone apart from Rosberg and Hamilton tells you that they believe they can be world champion this year they will lie," he said. "And I don't like to lie."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114826
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

The Stephano plague wil continue beyond 2014 it seems. Boy we should have fired him when the rules were on a reboot.
    Now his "developmental" model is already set in. Sad.
    And how much was Stephanos say in letting Felipe go and replacin him with thebored driver?
    4 down, 3 to go! Forza Sebastian!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Well, it could be worse.
    in which manner ?
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

People still blaming Stefano? Hahaha so funny
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Fernando wasn't even that disappointed, maybe he thinks the same?
    what would it help when you burn the city? He knows better than us that it wasn't on purpose so why let drop the shoulder?
    Just take a look at Vettel: Q1 in as 16th ... just a blink of an eye and he would have been there too where we are (who knows what would have been possible if Sutil wouldn't start digging the gravel?). Then Q3 his first try also a mess with no time ... so he had to go out for a 2nd one and suddenly even the times in sector 1 and 2 spoke for themselves. But oh wonder he is just on P2 then by crossing the line ... while Lewis stops is attempt guessing the track won't give an improvement in the last sector ... but then by really nobodies knowledge it did ... even the guys from Sky Germany wrote Vettel of 'til he crossed the line.

this is one of the days that even if the goalie leaves the goal you shoot the penalty into the stars

But what me wonders is ... where is Alonso criticizing the team?
    Alonso said the fault ultimately lay with the team.
    in ever interview I read or hear he says the same: that it is a small line between hero and zero ... and today we are zero ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    what would it help when you burn the city? He knows better than us that it wasn't on purpose so why let drop the shoulder?
    Just take a look at Vettel: Q1 in as 16th ... just a blink of an eye and he would have been there too where we are (who knows what would have been possible if Sutil wouldn't start digging the gravel?). Then Q3 his first try also a mess with no time ... so he had to go out for a 2nd one and suddenly even the times in sector 1 and 2 spoke for themselves. But oh wonder he is just on P2 then by crossing the line ... while Lewis stops is attempt guessing the track won't give an improvement in the last sector ... but then by really nobodies knowledge it did ... even the guys from Sky Germany wrote Vettel of 'til he crossed the line.

this is one of the days that even if the goalie leaves the goal you shoot the penalty into the stars

But what me wonders is ... where is Alonso criticizing the team?

in ever interview I read or hear he says the same: that it is a small line between hero and zero ... and today we are zero ...
    Well who's fault is it? Let's assess objectively. We don't have 2 monkeys driving our cars, we have 2 world champions who are both in 19th and 20th. Pretty clear to me it's the teams fault! Simple. The team needs heavy criticism, that's the only way to drive improvement. What do you exect him to say, I'm thrilled to be in19th it's my fault I'm crap, team is great. Team is a joke/ laughing stock and a shambles at present. Fact.
    Be happy we have the best driver driving for us and lay off him, he has earnt the right to say whatever the hell he wants in my opinion given the garbage he has been dished up.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Stefano must have planned the strategy for today's qualifying before he left

I don't blame the team, yes, maybe they need a quick reaction, but that's the game, and Ferrari has nothing to lose now. Tomorrow we will have a good race.

Quote Originally Posted by Alesi1 View Post
    Well who's fault is it? Let's assess objectively. We don't have 2 monkeys driving our cars, we have 2 world champions who are both in 19th and 20th. Pretty clear to me it's the teams fault! Simple. The team needs heavy criticism, that's the only way to drive improvement. What do you exect him to say, I'm thrilled to be in19th it's my fault I'm crap, team is great. Team is a joke/ laughing stock and a shambles at present. Fact.
    Be happy we have the best driver driving for us and lay off him, he has earnt the right to say whatever the hell he wants in my opinion given the garbage he has been dished up.
    You misunderstood me it seems: I said, that I can't find the place where he is doing it ...
    As I can't find a critic there where he says HE could have done better but THEY messed it up ... that what I unterstand when someone criticises his team.
    That today and how it went isn't the yellow from the egg is obvious ...

BTW: of course he can say what he want, depends on the timing and the place - IMHO
    And Alonso also wasn't without mistake today ... so a little bit practise in the wet wouldn't have hurt him much ...

P.S. maybe this scene stops the theory where only Kimi gets the bad pit stop decisions ...

Why was MM talkig to Fry at the end of Q1? Was it Frys decision?

in which manner ?
    They could be 21st and 22nd.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

You misunderstood me it seems: I said, that I can't find the place where he is doing it ...
    As I can't find a critic there where he says HE could have done better but THEY messed it up ... that what I unterstand when someone criticises his team.

BTW: of course he can say what he want, depends on the timing and the place - IMHO
    And Alonso also wasn't without mistake today ... so a little bit practise in the wet wouldn't have hurt him much ...

P.S. maybe this scene stops the theory where only Kimi gets the bad pit stop decisions ...
    Correct, Fernando did not say the team messed up, he said it is a narrow line and WE were not on it.....and WE have to improve that. Fernando never talks about himself and the team because he sees himself as PART of the team.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404584703.363056.jpg

Even our flags are sulking after today...
    Forza Ferrari

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    They could be 21st and 22nd.
    indeed

as if they know ...

Well Alonso did say some time ago we will feel Stefano's work up until this grand prix, so this disaster today must have been his last piece of work :D
    Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.

lol...Sure..he did it alright..

Ferrari gonna turn up the wick and we gonna have a good race.
    They cant really go that much further down...but it sure would be great
    if they simply went bells out, did some tire mgmt and got a good finish.
    We've seen cars starting at the back and doing ok, n we have 2 great drivers.
    Its going to be fun to watch the Ferrari's if nothing else. Lets see what they got.

Pastor got a penalty. That's extra one place for us I guess
    @SkySportsF1 1h
    Pastor Maldonado has been sent to the back of the grid for the British GP after failing to provide a fuel sample:

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Pastor got a penalty. That's extra one place for us I guess
    So it's: Maldonado, Chilton and Gutierrez with penalties right?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    So it's: Maldonado, Chilton and Gutierrez with penalties right?
    We need a few more penalties on top of that and our starting positions won't be so bad. Hopefully, it will be the mother of all penalties for this race!

looking forward

to seeing our drivers have some fun... this season is a shambles but we can still see some great driving from Fernando and Kimi. we have good people but our car is a dog...it happens. ok, that's about all of the optimism I have just now... now the pessimist side (which I rarely visit) we qualified in 19th and 20th, they are thinking of dumping Monza, the cars can not race without worrying about fuel flow, no in season testing. and Bernie wants more money.

Apologies. Frustration with this season boiling over for me, plus kid induced sleep deprivation